Chapter 18

Do You Trust Me?

Jeonghan woke up from the weirdest dream ever. It was about that man. Supposedly, his name was Jisoo. Jeonghan couldn’t explain this feeling. It was like he had seen Jisoo before, but yet he couldn’t remember a single thing about him. What was happening to him? 

“It was real.” Jeonghan checked his phone to find a text from an unknown number. “This is Jisoo, by the way.” Wha-? 

“How did you get my number?” He texted back. It was as if Jisoo could read his mind. 

“I took your phone and put my own number in.” Jisoo replied almost immediately. 

“Ngghh!” Jeonghan suddenly lurched forward on his bed, his head feeling like it was going to split apart. 

“You don’t remember me, do you?” A sweet voice penetrated his mind. It sounded eerily familiar. It sounded like...Jisoo? He clutched his head, eyes shut tight. Finally, it was gone. What the hell was that? Was he finally going insane? 

*************

Jisoo knew he shouldn’t do it. But he couldn’t help himself. He just wanted to see Jeonghan so badly. Even if it meant putting Jeonghan in pain for a while. He sent a thought into Jeonghan’s mind. 

“You don’t remember me, do you?” For a brief moment, he could see through Jeonghan’s eyes, feel the pain that Jeonghan was going through. He almost screamed out loud himself before he quickly retreated from Jeonghan’s mind. Jisoo, what’s wrong with you?! He cursed at himself. 

*************

Mingyu grunted in pain, trying not to scream. His head was hurting like hell. What was this? It wasn’t like anything he had ever felt before. 

“Dude, you okay?” Wonwoo, his colleague, asked him. He might look like a cold person because of his eyes, but he was a very good friend of Mingyu. Mingyu grunted again as Wonwoo brought him a glass of water. They were currently at work. 

“You don’t remember me, do you?” He faintly heard a soft voice saying. What the-? Then he saw Jeonghan on the bed, panting breathlessly and clutching his head. Jeonghan! Ignoring the fading pain, he told Wonwoo, 

“Tell boss I have to take urgent leave!” He ran to his car, stumbling slightly. Bursting through the doors, he found Jeonghan still on the bed, his face pale. 

“Mingyu? What are you doing here? You’re supposed to be at work.” He looked up to see Mingyu towering over him, his normally tanned face now as white as a sheet. 

“Hannie, are you okay? What happened?” He ignored Jeonghan’s question and pulled Jeonghan into his arms. 

“I-Did you feel it too?” Mingyu nodded, panting. 

“What’s going on?” He asked, hoping Jeonghan would have an answer. 

“I don’t know...my head just suddenly started hurting a lot. And-and I heard...I heard a voice.” Jeonghan was stuttering by now, still not over what had just happened. 

“Did it say ‘you don’t remember me, do you?’” 

“How did you know?” 

“I heard it too, but very faintly. Then I saw you on the bed in pain, and I rushed here.” Mingyu explained. None of them had an answer to this. 

**********

Jisoo hated himself. He hated himself for putting Jeonghan through so much pain, just for his selfish needs to see Jeonghan. But he couldn’t live without Jeonghan. His soulmate.