Chapter 3

Do You Trust Me?

Mingyu wasn’t sure what to make of Jeonghan’s actions. Maybe Jeonghan was just a really touchy friend? But what friend kisses you on the cheek? Mingyu always knew he was straight. He had been through quite a few crushes, so why was he feeling like this now? Jeonghan made him question his uality. Maybe it was just because he had never seen such a beautiful person before. 

”Do you wanna come over for dinner? I’m making stew.” The whiteboard wrote. Jeonghan wasn’t there, he was probably preparing the mentioned stew. Leaving a short reply, Mingyu wrote,

”Sure. I’ll come at around 7.”

He gestured to his mother that he would be going out for dinner. Heading over to Jeonghan’s house, he was welcomed warmly by Jeonghan himself. He was wearing an apron which he took off as he led the way in. Under that, he donned a light blue hoodie and jeans. Showing that bright smile of his, he tucked a strand of hair behind his ear and said,

”I haven’t cooked in a while. I hope it tastes alright.” Mingyu didn’t have to be told twice. The rich taste of the stew filled his mouth as soon as he ate it. He nodded his head in approval and Jeonghan’s mouth quirked up in a smile.

”Glad to see I haven’t lost my skills.” He commented as he took another spoon of stew.

After dinner, Jeonghan backed Mingyu into a corner. He put his arms on either side of Mingyu, trapping the taller boy in between his arms.

”You know why I’m doing this, right?” Mingyu shook his head fearfully. Why was Jeonghan acting like this? The older boy sighed and stepped back.

”You’re really slow, Kim Mingyu.” He shook his head and chuckled.

”Cause I like you.” Mingyu’s eyes widened, and he ran out of the house.

”Wait!” He grabbed his arm and turned him around. Tiptoeing, he reached up and kissed Mingyu. On the lips. Without thinking, Mingyu pushed him away and got out of there as fast as he could. 

The next day, the whiteboard said,

”I’m sorry. I don’t know why I acted like that. Please forgive me.” Mingyu didn’t even react. He just turned away and went back in. He couldn’t believe Jeonghan would do that. He had treated Jeonghan as a friend. Little did he know, Jeonghan had seen everything from his window. He slumped to the ground, cursing at himself before getting ready for school.

Not surprisingly, Mingyu ignored him for just about the whole day. Jeonghan felt like pulling out his gorgeous long hair in frustration. He shouldn’t have done that. He had probably scared the poor boy off. Now he wouldn’t even look him in the eye. Kicking the pebbles on the road, he sighed heavily, feeling lonely without the presence of the tall boy. 

”Where’s your boyfriend? Oh, did he break up with you because you can’t speak? You poor thing. But now he can’t protect you, can he?” A boy’s voice taunted. Jeonghan recognised it as the same boy who always bullied Mingyu. Jerking his head up, he saw Mingyu getting pushed and shoved by him even though he towered over the bully. 

”Who said I wasn’t here?” Jeonghan walked over calmly. “Come on then. Fight me, you coward.” The boy threw a punch without warning, but Jeonghan dodged it with his lightning-fast reflexes before he countered it with a punch of his own. “And get your facts right. I’m not his boyfriend.” He sauntered away with Mingyu in tow, leaving the injured boy lying on the ground.

”Look, I’m really sorry about yesterday. I understand if you don’t like me. I just wanted to get it out.” He smiled sadly at Mingyu before turning away. For some reason that Mingyu couldn’t explain, he didn’t want to see Jeonghan leave. He grabbed the older’s arm, stopping him from leaving. Jeonghan’s eyes lit up with hope. Mingyu shook his head, hoping that Jeonghan would get what he wanted to say. 

“You’re not mad?” Mingyu shook his head again. He gestured for them to walk home together. Immediately after they reached home, Mingyu ran to get his whiteboard.

”I was just shocked. I actually like you too.” He flushed as he showed Jeonghan what he had written. 

“You-“ He cut himself off, hugging Mingyu tightly. Mingyu let himself be held. Was this real? He couldn’t believe anyone would ever like him. Jeonghan seemed to always understand what he wanted to say, like they had an unspoken communication.

”You should get going, it’s late. I’ll leave a message for you!” Leaving Mingyu standing at the driveway, he ran off to his house.

”Is that the sun coming up, or just you lighting up my world?” Mingyu smiled, showing his long canines as he read the cheesy pick-up line that was left on Jeonghan’s whiteboard. He left one of his own:

”Are you a keyboard? Cause you’re my type;)” Jeonghan smirked when he saw the message. He didn’t think Mingyu would be so cheesy. 

“You don’t know how much I care, Kim Mingyu.” He sighed and went back to his room.

 

 

Author’s Note: hope yall liked this! I took the whole day trying to make this chapter longer😂 also protect gyuhan<3 and thanks for all the subs and views!<3