Chapter 10

Do You Trust Me?

“MINGYU! KIM MINGYU!” Mingyu’s eyes opened at the sound of his name. “Finally! Come on, we’re gonna be late!” He let Jeonghan drag him off the bed and into the bathroom. Jeonghan shook his head and chuckled to himself. Mingyu was just like a child. They raced to school and made it to class just in time.

”Please try to come earlier, class.” Their teacher said, looking pointedly at Jeonghan and Mingyu as they had been just in time for 3 days straight. Jeonghan couldn’t help that Mingyu was like a log once he slept. He probably wouldn’t even know if a hurricane was coming. Panting breathlessly, Jeonghan looked at Mingyu. He was always weak. He practically had zero stamina. Mingyu gave him a sheepish smile before facing the board again.

”Minghao! We’re supposed to be together!” He heard Junhui’s voice calling after school. Turning his head, he saw Junhui chasing Minghao. Obviously, the latter wasn’t willing, but Junhui was Junhui. He was filled with an infinite amount of positive energy and just wouldn’t give up. Taking Mingyu’s hand, they started the walk home. 

“Dinner tonight? It’s the stew from yesterday because someone made me forget about it.” Jeonghan asked, raising his eyebrows at Mingyu. Mingyu flushed at the thought of yesterday’s events. “I’ll take that as a yes, then. See you later, Gyu!” Jeonghan left Mingyu standing at his doorstep with a parting kiss. Even after this long, he still found Jeonghan amazing. Every time their lips touched, it was like electricity buzzed between them.

After studying for the whole afternoon, Mingyu headed over to Jeonghan’s house for dinner.

 “Ah, welcome, my love.” Jeonghan bowed deeply and kissed Mingyu’s hand, leading him inside. Mingyu laughed silently at Jeonghan’s actions. He was always so full of happiness, that was why Mingyu couldn’t bear to see him hurting. Mingyu sat down at the table and waited for Jeonghan. He placed a torch on the table, frowning.

”I didn’t have candles.” He explained. Mingyu smiled and held his hand on the table.

”I want to speak, Jeonghan.” Mingyu showed Jeonghan what he had written on his phone. 

“Why so suddenly?” Jeonghan questioned.

”I want to talk to you. A proper conversation. And all the things I want to tell you.” He confessed.

”But we do have proper conversations! With the whiteboards!” Jeonghan reasoned. It wasn’t that he didn’t want Mingyu to speak, but he was worried that Mingyu would be too stubborn and would hate himself if he didn’t manage to speak. Mingyu shook his head stubbornly. Jeonghan sighed, knowing that if he tried to argue it would get him nowhere.

”Okay then...what are you gonna do?” Mingyu shrugged his shoulders. He hadn’t really thought about it. “It’s okay, take your time. I’ll wait for you.” Jeonghan smiled at him and kissed him slowly. Immediately, Mingyu returned the kiss, tilting his head to deepen it. The full moon was shining through the window. Suddenly, Mingyu pulled away. . He had forgotten that today was a full moon. He ran out of the house as fast as his legs would carry him. A stunned and confused Jeonghan stood up before regaining his senses and chasing Mingyu.

Mingyu could feel himself morphing. His face stretched into a snout, and his senses heightened. He turned a corner, hoping Jeonghan wouldn’t find him. He fell forward onto his now 4 legged body. He couldn’t think anymore. Whenever he morphed into a werewolf, he lost control of his own body. The lust for blood took over everything else. 

He glared at the human who had just turned the corner. He was handsome, pretty even. Growling deeply, he lunged for the body. Trapping the body underneath his 2 legs, he bit into the human’s arm.

Jeonghan could feel himself slipping away. Blood rushing from his wound, he fought as hard as he could, but he could tell that the werewolf wasn’t going to give up anytime soon. The last thought in his mind was of Mingyu morphing into a werewolf. 

. What have I done? Mingyu paced around the hospital corridor anxiously. Jeonghan was currently inside the operating theater undergoing surgery. All because of him. He had attacked Jeonghan, but he couldn’t remember anything else. Finally, the surgeon came out.

”He’s alive, but the injury was very deep, so he will need at least a month to recover. Nothing very important was damaged, he just lost quite some blood. You can see him now.” Mingyu rushed in once the surgeon was done giving him the details, giving him an appreciative nod. Jeonghan lay on the bed, eyes closed. Even though he was weak and injured, he still managed to look gorgeous. Mingyu swept a lock of his red hair behind his ear, tears streaming down his face. The amount of guilt he felt was overbearing. He was the cause of Jeonghan’s injury.

”If you’re blaming yourself, stop right now.” Mingyu heard Jeonghan’s weak voice coming from the bed. Jeonghan struggled to sit up, and Mingyu helped him as Jeonghan wiped his tears away with his non-injured arm. Jeonghan knew him too well. He started typing something in his phone, but Jeonghan stopped him. 

“There aren’t any secrets in love, Mingyu.”

”Then do you trust me?” 

 

 

Author’s Note: so yeah mingyus a werewolf. and that last sentence tho. Things are finally happening yay!