Chapter 23

Do You Trust Me?

Jisoo folded the last of his clothes and stuffed it into his suitcase. He checked his ticket for the ninth time. 6:30P.M. It was currently 3:30, he still had a few hours left. Glancing around at the place he had lived in for a good 5 years, he sighed again. 

He didn’t want to do this, but he had to. If he didn’t, Jeonghan would come to even more harm. He really did love Jeonghan. He always had since they were young, but he never realised how deep his affection for Jeonghan was. 

Imagine his disappointment when Jeonghan didn’t remember him. Maybe he was selfish, but he had only wanted Jeonghan for himself before he realised there was no point holding on to him if he didn’t even remember him. 

**************

Jisoo looked at his phone and stared at the number. He was already in Los Angeles, his hometown. 

“Hey Jeonghan. I’ve moved to America. I won’t be returning anytime soon, so just forget I ever existed. I know you don’t remember me, but I loved you. Maybe I still do. I’m a selfish person. I hurt others for my own needs. I don’t deserve to be in your life. Enjoy the rest of your life with Mingyu. If we ever meet again, whether in this life or the next, all I want is for you to be happy. So be happy. Goodbye, my love.” 

He pressed the ‘send’ button. Closing his eyes, he blocked Jeonghan and deleted the number. Now there was nothing to remind him of Jeonghan. 

He let himself imagine that picture perfect face matched with that sweet, angelic voice and that soft hair for the last time as tears rolled down his face. 

“Yoon Jeonghan.” He whispered the man’s name for the last time.