Chapter 14

Do You Trust Me?

Jeonghan collapsed onto his bed that he now shared with Mingyu, his head spinning. Mingyu was out for some internship while Jeonghan was at home as it was his rest day from his job at the cafe. His arm throbbed, he could barely see his surroundings from the dizziness. Tears streamed from his eyes, and he had to bite his lip to prevent himself from screaming in pain.  

He knew full well of his condition. It would get worse if he didn’t get it treated soon. The treatment would make him even weaker, almost bedridden until it healed completely. He didn’t want Mingyu to worry about him. That was the only reason that was holding him back from undergoing treatment. But the headaches were getting worse, and they appeared more often. 

Not only did he suffer from headaches, he would often feel nauseous and sometimes throw up if it was bad. It took all his effort to keep a normal exterior in front of Mingyu, it was getting tiring. Curling up on the bed, Jeonghan grit his teeth and bore with the pain. His arm felt numb, but at the same time it hurt so bad. 

*************

Jeonghan could faintly hear Mingyu shouting his name before he felt himself collapsing down the stairs. 

“Jeonghan!” Mingyu rushed forward to catch Jeonghan’s now unconcious body that seemed to be falling in slow-motion down the stairs. He carried Jeonghan to the couch and placed him down gently. Jeonghan’s face was pale and covered with sweat. It was only now that Mingyu saw his arm. It was swollen and red. He furrowed his eyebrows in worry before proceeding to carry Jeonghan to his car and left for the hospital. 

***********

Jeonghan woke up to an unfamiliar environment. 

“Jeonghan!” Mingyu shot up from his seat. He bombarded Jeonghan with questions. 

“Why didn’t you tell me about this? How long has this been going on?” Jeonghan smiled weakly at Mingyu, looking at his bandaged arm. It still hurt a little, but he had been given painkillers. 

“I didn’t want you to worry about me. Just focus on getting yourself a job, I’m fine, really.” He reached up with his other arm and Mingyu’s cheek lovingly. Mingyu grabbed Jeonghan’s hand and squeezed it. 

“There aren’t any secrets in love, Jeonghan.” Mingyu repeated the words Jeonghan had said to him just a few months ago. 

“Using my own words against me now, huh?” Jeonghan teased despite his current condition. 

“I told the doctor that you would be going for the treatment, okay?” 

“B-but...what about my job?” They had graduated from high school by now, and everyone was filling in application forms for companies, hoping to land themselves a job. 

“Your health is more important than your job. I’ll tell your boss, hopefully he’ll understand. Besides, I might have a job soon!” Mingyu said. Jeonghan sighed, defeated. There was no way he was getting out of this. 

************

”How are you feeling?” Mingyu asked Jeonghan. It had been a month since the treatment started, and it was almost over. A month of being bedridden almost all the time. A month of bearing with the treatment. But his arm was healing. Jeonghan had to constantly remind himself that he was doing this for Mingyu. Mingyu had landed himself a job in a company, and he currently worked nine to five every weekday. 

“I’m fine.” He replied weakly. That was all he felt since the treatment started. Weak. At least his injury was healing. 

Mingyu cupped Jeonghan’s face in his hands. He was considerably skinnier, his bone structure almost visible by now. Jeonghan hadn’t done anything to deserve this. It was himself. He had brought this upon Jeonghan. And he would never forgive himself for putting Jeonghan through this pain. 

 

 

Author’s Note: soo i came up with a plot yay! And now idk how to continue anymore😣 i might be writing a new fanfic soon, so stay tuned! Thank you for reading<3