Chapter Eight

Nostalgia

Chapter Eight.


 Minseok. 

So Ah’s been sleeping for a while now. I’m quite taken back when I saw her earlier. Her eyes are swollen and she seems to be in blank then she just suddenly fell asleep. I’m glad I saw her though.

“Sunbae?”

I scoot closer to her and help her sit up. She seems to be a little hot. “You’ve got fever now. How do you feel?”

“My head’s spinning..”

“What did you do that made you like that?”

She smiles faintly. “I know right. What did I do?”

“I’ll take you home.” She nods and I put her bag around my neck. “Come on.”

“N..No need Sunbae! I’ll just walk.”

“You’re sick. It’s fine, now come on. I’ll carry you and drive you home.”

“But..” I sigh and pulled her to my back carrying her. She gasps and holds on. I chuckle at how cute she is.

“Is there someone back on your home right now?”

“It’s just five. Mom and Dad won’t be home until seven and Unnie will be late today..”

“Hm.. then I’ll stay with you until then.”

“B..But-“

“It’s okay.” I smile and help her in my car putting the seatbelt on her. I walk to the driver’s seat and started to drive after So Ah told me her address. I noticed that So Ah’s shaking so I turn the temperature up. When we reached the stoplight, I removed my jacket and placed it on her as she naps. She slept the whole drive to their house and I’m glad she did. I pulled over when we arrived but I didn’t wake her up. She slept for about half an hour then gasps realizing that we arrived.

“Since when- I’m so sorry!”

I chuckle. “It’s okay So Ah. Stop saying you’re sorry okay? Now let’s get you inside.”

So Ah opens the door for us to get in and I help her inside her bedroom. Her room is quite different from what I expected of a girl’s room. It’s not in pink but in plain beige color. There are no posters of boy groups around but pictures of her with the people around her are there. I smile at the sight.

“Your room’s nice.” I say while pulling the covers up for her.

“Thank you.”

“Where do you put your medicines?”

“At the kitchen there’s a cabinet there.”

“Alright. I’ll be right back.”

I got off her bed and headed downstairs. Just like So Ah have said, there’s a small cabinet at the side. I grab the medicine for her and a glass of water on my way back. But when I’m almost at her door, I hear the door open downstairs. Maybe that’s her sister?

“Se Ah! Wait!”

That’s Chanyeol. Why is he here?

“I told you I can’t do that! It’s too unfair for you!”

“We can still try! I’ll help you forget about Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun? What about Baekhyun? I know I shouldn’t be listening to this and this is so wrong but I can’t. Something tells me that this has something to do with So Ah.

“It’s nothing now Chan.. Baekhyun likes So Ah, that’s why he mistook me from her. I’m sure of that.”

“I hope so too Se Ah.”

Tell me what I heard isn’t true. Somebody please tell me this isn’t true. Piece by piece everything seems to fall into place. Is Baekhyun the reason why So Ah’s been crying earlier? I enter So Ah’s room with a heavy heart and saw her sleeping. She doesn’t deserve to be treated like that. So Ah’s a nice person. She must’ve found out that Baekhyun likes Se Ah. But how? I just hope she doesn’t know that her sister likes him back too.

“Sunbae?..”

I smile at her. “Sorry. Did I wake you?”

She shakes her head. “No. I was waiting for you..”

“Is that so? I got you the medicine.”

She sits up and takes the medicine from me. “Thank you Sunbae.”

“It’s nothing. I’ll stay here until you fall asleep.”

“Mm..” she closes her eyes and I caress her hair as she sleeps. I’ll protect you So Ah, I won’t let anyone hurt you.

____________________________________________________

 Baekhyun. 

She’s late. She’s never late. So Ah has never been late whenever it’s Literature class. But So Ah’s late. Is she okay? She didn’t return yesterday.

I tried to distract myself from my thoughts but So Ah didn’t go in for today’s lecture. I saw Minseok sunbae at the back so I approached him hoping that he might know something.

“Sunbae!” He stops looking back so I sprint towards him not wanting for him to wait and I’m hell so worried about So Ah. “Have you heard about So Ah? She didn’t come in today. Is she okay?”

“I don’t think you’re in a position to ask Baekhyun. Get your head straight first.”

I look at him in confusion. What the hell is he talking about? “Uh, Sunbae what are you-“

“You like Se Ah don’t you?”

“What are you-“

“If you’re wondering how I got that information, it’s not important. But don’t approach So Ah when you’re heart and head is confused. She doesn’t deserve to be hurt.”

He turns and leaves. I’m alone and I watch him walk away from me. So Ah’s hurt? Does she know? She can’t know. But if she does, maybe it’s for the best. If I’m close to her she’ll only be hurt even more.

____________________________________________________

 So Ah. 

Running through the corridors, running through the stairs, I’m late but I’m having fun. For a person like me, being able to run like this is so fun and I didn’t expect I’ll be given another chance again. When I was about to enter the classroom, I received a text from Yeri.

Don’t come through the front door! Go to the back!

I chuckled and walk to the other door and opened the door slowly. Yeri waves at me and I nod as I enter. I take my seat and put down my bag.

“Are you seriously going to enter through the front door? You’re gonna get yourself killed in this warzone.”

I laugh. “Sorry, I’m never late before so it’s a first.”

“Wow, I have to give you something for that.”

I chuckle. The lesson goes on and the usual routine goes. Our professor giving us an assignment. I look at my watch and it says two-fifteen. I don’t have anything else scheduled except for org activities. I guess I have no choice but to face Baekhyun today.

“No, no, no. I am not going there!”

“Please Baek! You have to get him back before his editor goes here! He has to finish his freaking script!”

“He’s a piece of work!-“ their eyes landed on me and I stare in confusion. Baekhyun and Yerin sunbae look so frantic right now and the other members are confused like me.

“Um.. is something happening here?” I ask putting my bag on the desk.

“That’s it. Take her with you!”

****

I don’t know how it got to this. Now I’m going to the mountains with Baekhyun and Jinyoung sunbae to get the President back. I don’t know what kind of person he is but he seems not the average kind of person as how Baekhyun puts it.

“Sorry that you have to go with us So Ah, but the Secretary insisted. We really need to get Pres back before the deadline.” Jinyoung sunbae says. Apparently, he’s the best friend of the President which is why he’s help is ‘needed’.

“Ha...” I look at Baekhyun and this is the sixteenth time that he sighed ever since we got on this car. Yes, I’ve been counting since we’ve been asked to do this. Jinyoung sunbae chuckled and continued driving.

“You too Baek, but you know that he likes you right?”

“Don’t make it sound so weird. I’m just going to stand there and not do anything.”

“Really? But with So Ah here, you can always go back right?”

Me? I pointed at myself in confusion. Baekhyun jolts and sighs. That’s the seventeenth time.

“That’s the reason why I’m here in the first place.” He whispered but did I hear that right? I’m getting all confused again.

It took us an hour to be able to arrive to the mountains and we walked all the way to this lone cabin here. Does the Pres really live here? It’s so... secluded.

“Weird right?” Jinyoung sunbae laughs. “Let’s go?”

I gasp when he suddenly grabs my hand. I felt a slap and saw Baekhyun grabbing me. “I don’t think that was necessary Hyung.”

“Hm...?” Jinyoung sunbae grins. I flushed and looked down. Baekhyun holds my hand and walked ahead. My heart is going too fast and I can’t keep up. Stop So Ah.. he doesn’t like you anymore. So stop hoping..

“Oh? A GIRL WITH A LONG BLACK HAIR!” I jump in surprise when Baekhyun suddenly pulled me towards him and hugs me tightly.

“B..Baekhyun?!”

“Just don’t move.”

“Ah!” I heard a loud bang and I turn. “Ouch! That’s mean of you Baek!”

“A..Are you okay?” I turn but Baekhyun’s still holding me from behind and for some reason, he’s not letting go of me but is looking down at the guy who just bumped on the door.

“Hm? What is this? Baek, aren’t you being to protective of the doll-“

“DON’T. LAY. EVEN. A. SINGLE. FINGER.”

“Bae..Baekhyun?” The guy withdraws his hand attempting to touch me and chuckled. He looks at our back to Jinyoung sunbae smiling.

“Girlfriend?” He points at me and asked sunbae.

Jinyoung sunbae laughs and approached us. “Who knows?” He shrugged.

I gasp. “N..No! It’s not like that! It’s-“

“You don’t have to deny it so hard.” I hear Baekhyun whispered and I think my heart just fell. Did I hurt him? But it’s not like that... which is why I have to deny it.

“How gloomy the mood is! We can’t be like this! Since she’s not your girlfriend, you’ll give her to me right? Which is why she came with you.”

“Hell no.” Baekhyun immediately replied. What is it about this guy that makes Baekhyun reject him?

“Awww~ that’s too bad! Then will you play the role for me then? Or shall Jinyoung do it?”

“I..” Baekhyun’s hold of me tightens and I’m feeling his heartbeat from behind. Now I think my heart is mirroring his heartbeat. “Fine I’ll do it.”

“W..Wait, um, excuse me?” I say and the guy looks at me grinning.

“Yes dear?”

“What will we do?”

“Oh my! How can you not tell her what to do?” He chuckles. “Shall I do it then?”

“Please do..”

“I’m Kwanghee. Hwang Kwanghee the President and nice to meet you! Your name is?”

I gasp. So he’s the President! “I’m Ahn So Ah! I’m very please to meet you!” I was going to bow but Baekhyun’s not letting go of me still.

“This is so nice! A very active and jolly member! Nice work recruiting her Baek! Now shall we get to business?”

“I’ll be cooking the dinner then.” Jinyoung sunbae says heading to the kitchen. I’m surprised the cabin looks quite spacious from the inside when it looks so small outside.

We headed to the room above the cabin and sat on the floor. This is so nice. It’s a first that I got into a cabin and Baekhyun’s here with me again. I smile at the thought.

“Hm? What’s the matter Baek?”

“Damn this..” he groans. “I’ll go to the bathroom.” I widen my eyes when he grabs me.

“Na-uh-uh! Are you taking the girl with you too?” He gasps in surprise. He lets go of me and glared at Kwanghee.

“Don’t you dare lay a hand on her Hyung.”

Kwanghee sunbae grins and waves Baekhyun goodbye. But just after a few seconds when he left, he’s now close to me. Too close. He takes a lock of my hair and I think I just forgot to breathe. “I’m sorry little one, but you see,” I hold my hand to a fist in tension as he leans closer. “I can’t finish my work without having a muse, and it turns out that girls like you just inspires the hell out of me. Long black hair,” I tense up when he touches my cheek. This guy is totally different from before! “White skin.”

“P..Pres?”

“Hm?”

“Y..You’re too close.” I say and all a sudden he was away from me and I got pulled back. “Baekhyun!”

“I told you not to touch her! That I’ll do what you asked! That was just thirty-eight seconds!” I look at him and chuckled.

“You counted?” I ask.

“Of course! He doesn’t attack within a minute!”

"A...Attack?" 

Kwanghee sunbae chuckles. “Sorry, but this girl is just too perfect that I can’t stop myself! She’s a perfect muse~”

“I’ll kill you-“

“Baek!” He stops and looks at me. Did I just call him ‘Baek’?

“Oh my! Baek you’re flushing!” Kwanghee sunbae chuckles and I look at Baekhyun. Is he embarrassed? That I called him that? “Alright people let’s get to business!”

Kwanghee sunbae tosses a folder towards each of us and I opened it. It seems like a scenario? “Is this...”

“Mm! I’m a writer. I have to get this done by tomorrow but I’m blocked. I wanted to do this with you but Baek doesn’t want to.” He whines. “But you’ll fine doing it with Baek right?”

“E..Eh?” I freeze. I don’t mind helping sunbae but there’s no telling what’s going to happen in this piece!

“Now please turn to page one hundred and eighty four people!” He claps his hand and we do what we are asked. Baekhyun sighs for the eighteenth time. “Now Baekhyun, your line please. You will be playing Jiwoo and So Ah will be playing Eun Hee.”

Baekhyun sighs for the nineteenth time. If this goes in maybe we’ll reach a hundred. “Eun Hee...” My heart will burst if Baekhyun continues to look at me like this. I exhaled, So Ah, this is for sunbae to be able to finish the script.

“I can’t.. I have to leave. This isn’t right.” I say. This script is just too much of a match on my position right now.

“But I know it. I just know that it’s you!”

I look down to read my script. The next line is going to hurt and it’s like I’m the one saying it to him. I look at Baekhyun and he’s giving me that painful look again. “I’m not the one that you like.”

We both stare at each other like it’s Baekhyun and So Ah saying the lines. “I love you and that’s all I know.” I stop and looked at the booklet. That’s not what he’s supposed to say. He leans close and kisses me. I’m too surprised to do anything.

“Hm? Baek that’s not what I wrote.” He stands and lets me go.

“Ah, I’m on the other page. Sorry.” He walks away and I’m left blank.


Happy Birthday to our Byun Baek! And since it’s his birthday, I’m going to give you guys another update for this week ^^ That’s three updates in a row ahahaha! I hope y’all will enjoy this chapter because I really had a lot of feels while writing this hahaha! Love you all and thank you for all your support!

- Cheonsabyul <3