Chapter Five

Nostalgia

Chapter Five.


 Baekhyun. 

"I'm almost there. You can go to the entrance now."

"Alright, now hang up. I saw on TV that talking on the phone while driving can cause an accident."

I chuckle and hang up on So Ah. The light turned green and I stepped on the gas so I can get to the hospital as soon as I can. Ever since So Ah started staying with us, I always look forward on going home from school. When I reach the last block, I can already see her waiting for me. It feels so good to know when I know she's waiting for me. She turns to her left and smiles seeing me and waved from afar. I pulled over to park the car and grab the flowers that I got her on my way.

"Hey," I greeted and handed her the flowers. "You liked lilies right? I saw some on my way here."

"Wow, they're so pretty! Thank you!" She smiles warmly smelling the flowers and I can never be tired of seeing this sight.

"Let's go?" She nods. "So, how was today's session?"

"Oh," she puts down the flowers and I wonder if I said something wrong. "I remembered something. Do you know someone named Chanyeol? I think I'm close to him."

I hit on the breaks freezing as I hear Chanyeol's name. "Yeah, I know him."

"Really? Then can you contact him for me? I want to see him."

"Why?"

"Why you say? Maybe he can help me look for my family-"

"I'm already searching for them So Ah!" I saw her flinch at my voice and I realize I just screamed at her. I sigh and calm myself down. "Sorry."

"N..No, it's okay."

The drive way back home was so silent that it really hits me. I just yelled at So Ah. Just because I don't like it when she mentions and wanted to see another guy other than me. I know that was so immature of me but I really restrained myself not to be possessive of her but I'm always going back that way. I only want her for myself and want her to only look at me.

____________________________________________________

 So Ah. 

I stare at the TV as I watch the people in it move. How can they move so freely? Who am I kidding, I can finally move like them now. Just when I thought that everything will end for me, the heavens gave me hope. But when I finally have it, they took my sister away from me. Se Ah has been missing for almost three weeks now and the police have been searching for her. I have a lot of things to tell her. I want to show her the scar that I got from my heart surgery. The scar that I will forever be thankful for because I can now finally go out with her. I want to tell her that she doesn’t need to find Baekhyun for me. I just want her next to me.

“So Ah,” I turn seeing Chanyeol at the door. “Let’s go?”

I nod and grab my bag with him. I stare at the room. I guess I won’t be coming here for a while now. Chanyeol got us a taxi and Mom helped me in. “Remember to take your meds So Ah.” Dad says.

I smile nodding. “I got my phone and Mom Dad. Don’t worry.”

He laughs and nodded. “I’ll see you later.”

The drive all the way home was too long for me and I just want to run to my room and sleep. I have no intentions on going out just in case Se Ah comes back home. I headed to my room and find it empty. My heart aches at the sight. I really miss Se Ah. I just hope nothing bad happened to her. She’s not dead, I can feel that she’s alive. I just know it.

I stand heading to Se Ah’s room when I saw Chanyeol inside. He’s holding the photo that he took together with Unnie. “How can you do that?”

He placed the photo back on the desk and turns to me. “Do what?”

“Look calm. You actually miss her too right? Because you like her.”

He chuckles and gives me a bitter smile. I can tell he’s hurting too. “Do I? I’m trying my best to be. Because if I panicked, I’ll lose my sanity and I won’t be able to find her.”

I smile. He really suits my sister. “I’m sure we’ll find her. I just know that she’s still there.”

He nods and smiled. He walks to me and pats my head. “Yeah, but I’ll find her. I’ll find her for sure.”

____________________________________________________

 Se Ah. 

I stare blankly as I continue to see Chanyeol inside my head. Am I starting to remember now? Is he that important to me? I have to look for him. I got off my bed and grab my phone on the desk and typed his name. A lot of people with the name Chanyeol appeared. I don’t remember his whole name, I just know it’s Chanyeol. If I ask Baekhyun maybe he’ll be even more mad. I’m being a burden to him after all.

I sigh. I’m looking for someone who’s face and first name is the only thing I remember. I just hope this will get me somewhere. “Oh!” I gasp seeing a familiar face. This is the sixteenth profile I’ve gone through and he looks like someone I remember. “Park Chanyeol?”

“Still looking for him?” I turn my head seeing Baekhyun on the front door. My heart started to beat fast at the sight of him. Ever since what happened earlier his starting to take effect on me.

“Baekhyun...” he sighs taking my phone from me. Is he still mad? I gasp when he pulled me towards him. What is he doing?

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you earlier.” He hugs me tighter. This is a first. Him acting towards me this way. This is not good for my heart. I can feel it’s going to burst any moment now. “I just don’t like it when you want to see other guys other than me.”

I push him away from me and looked at him. I don’t want to jump into something but I have something I need to hear from him. I need it to come out from his mouth. I need to hear those words. “Why?”

“I think you already know why So Ah.”

What if you can see him one last time, what will you tell him?

I freeze. Did I just remember something? I tried to remember the girl that I am talking to but I can’t. I flinch at the ringing of Baekhyun’s phone. We both looked at it and it says Chanyeol. He looks at me then to his phone.

“Yeah?” Baekhyun listens to the other line for a while then looks at me. “Wait for a moment.”

He stands and leaves the room. I wonder what that was.

____________________________________________________

 Baekhyun. 

“Yeah, continue.”

I sat on the chair and listened to Chanyeol. “So did you meet her? Did you meet Se Ah?”

I froze because I don’t know what he’s talking about. “Se Ah?”

“Yeah, I was wondering if you met her already. She’s missing for almost a month now and So Ah’s family is getting worried. We only got the notification that she got into an accident and her body’s not there.”

I think my heart just stopped because everything is falling into place right now. “Chanyeol, meet me right now. I don’t think we can talk this over this way.”

“Alright.”

I hang up and ran downstairs to fetch my keys after grabbing a coat on my closet. I turn on the car and drive as fast as I can to the place where I used to meet Chanyeol. I’m calming myself right now but everything is just too hard right now. I got off the car and waited for Chanyeol. When I saw him, I didn’t wait for him to see me but instead, I ran off to him. He gasps when I immediately grab his arm.

“What do you mean that Se Ah’s gone missing?” I asked still chasing my breath.

“Are you okay?”

“Answer me Chan!”

He looks at me suspiciously and sighed. “She left three weeks ago. She told So Ah that she’ll be looking for you because Se Ah really wanted you to see her before she dies.”

I don’t know what’s making my heart stop right now. The word ‘dies’ or that So Ah actually wanted to see me. “Wait, she’s dying?”

“No. She received a heart last week and undergone a surgery. She’s fine now. But Se Ah-“

“Sh*t.” I run my fingers through hair in frustration. “Chan, I might’ve done something terrible.” I say releasing a breath.

____________________________________________________

 Chanyeol. 

Baekhyun’s pacing back in forth looking uneasy. He told me that he might’ve done something wrong which makes me uneasy too.

“What is it?” I ask.

“Se Ah, she’s with me.”

I sigh in relief. I’m so relieved that Se Ah’s fine. I thought I might die worrying about her. “That’s good, where is she?”

“We have a problem. I mistook her for So Ah. She...” he sighs releasing a breath again. “She got an amnesia. She thinks she’s So Ah.”

I shut my eyes close. There are a lot of things going on in my mind right now. Like how Se Ah’s suffering right now, Is she okay? and Baekhyun just thought she’s So Ah. The latter kills me the most. Him thinking that Se Ah’s So Ah really kills me.

“Where is she?”

“Chanyeol-“

“WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!”

“Why are you being mad all of a sudden?”

“Did you touch her?”

He sighs. “I thought she’s So Ah for goodness sake!”

I grab his shirt glaring at him. “You knew So Ah has a twin. Did it not occur to you that she might be Se Ah?!”

“Do you think I wanted this to happen?!” I sigh in defeat and let go of him. I got worked up. “She wanted to see you. I think she remembers you.”

“Can I?”

He chuckles. “You like her a lot don’t you?”

“Just let me see her.” He smiles and nodded. We headed to his car and he started driving. I’m anxious on how I’ll approach Se Ah since she doesn’t remember a single thing. I’m afraid that I might hurt her instead. Baekhyun pulled over when we reached his house and I follow him. I freeze seeing Se Ah standing at the front door trying to warm herself up and she rub her hands together.

“Baekhyun!” Her expression lightened seeing Baekhyun and that hurts me. She thinks she’s So Ah right now. She might’ve fallen for Baekhyun already.

“Why are you outside?” Baekhyun asked. He takes his coat off and placed it on Se Ah. “It’s cold.”

“You rushed out. I thought something ha-“ Se Ah’s eyes fall to me and her expression changed. Tears started to fall from her eyes as she walks towards me. “Chanyeol?”

I smile. Her recognizing me is the best thing that ever happened today. I pat her head. “You remember?”

She nods. I grab her pulling her towards me. I missed her. I missed her so much. Her scent, her smile, all of her. “Chanyeol?”

“Just let me be. I missed you.”

I’m smiling inside because she’s safe and I can feel her heartbeat getting fast as I hug her. I don’t care if it’s either I’m starting to take effect on her or she just missed me. I just want her next to me.

I let her go and she looks up to me. “You’re still small. You okay?”

She chuckles and I wipe her eyes. “Do you always bully me like this?”

I can’t help but to smile. I grab the coat that Baekhyun placed on her and tossed it to him. He chuckles and shakes his head. I took mine off and placed it on her. “I don’t recall of such thing.”

She smiles. “You’re exactly as how I remember you. But I don’t really recall your whole name.”

“Park Chanyeol.”

“Hm..”

“Then shall we introduce ourselves again?” I say. Baekhyun looks at me shaking his head.

“Chanyeol, that’s-“

I ignore him because I don’t like Se Ah to stay beside Baekhyun any longer. “Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you Ahn Se Ah.”               


Chapter five is up! I'm so happy with all of the feedback that I'm getting ^^ Thank you for all the subscription and comments everyone! I love you all haha! Continue to subscribe and leave our comments okay?

- Cheonsabyul <3