Chapter Sixteen

Nostalgia

Chapter Sixteen.


Five years later...


 So Ah. 

"You look great already So Ah." I turn and see Baekhyun behind me smiling. I put the brush down and stand showing him my dress.

"Unnie, bought this for me. Is it nice?"

He chuckles nodding. He tells me to turn and put my coat on me. We're on our way to a trip to Japan. Baekhyun and I decided to pay Chanyeol a visit there ever since he left five years ago. Se Ah and Chanyeol haven't talked ever since and I've been persuading her to go with us but we didn't tell her that where we're going is where Chanyeol and her mother lives, Fukuoka.

"You sure about this? Knowing Se Ah, I'm sure she'll get upset once she knew." I laugh patting his shoulders.

"Then that's what we'll do. She won't be upset unless she knew." I winked at him and he chuckles. He carries my luggage for me and we both load it on his car. Mom and dad followed us outside.

"Take care of my girls for me will you Baek?" Dad said. I smile, I'm glad that they both like Baekhyun for me and he's like a part of our family now.

"Are you sure you got everything that you need So Ah?"

"Mom, we checked our luggage once and you did twice. One time before we shut it close and the second time before we took a bath." Mom turns sighing as she saw Se Ah go out. "I told you, the only reason why I'm going is because I'm your chaperone. Do anything stupid and I'm going back before the so-called two week vacation ends."

I smile nodding. "Thank you."

"You should all leave now before you miss your flight."

"Mm." I walk towards Dad and Mom and hugged them then Se Ah afterwards. Baekhyun starts the car and we headed to the airport where Yerin and Minseok sunbae will be waiting. I look at Se Ah at the rearview mirror and she's staring at afar. I wonder what she's thinking.

"We're here." Baekhyun announced as he pulled over by the valet. We leave the car with our luggage and headed inside the airport. Baekhyun stops and looked at his phone so I stopped too.

"Is something wrong?"

"He's still not reading my message." He replied with the worried look on his eyes. I smile and shake my head.

"Don't worry, he will." He smiles nodding and holds my hand as we make our way inside. I gasp seeing Minseok sunbae and ran towards him. "SUNBAE!" I scream in joy and hugged him. How I miss him so much!

"Whoa there!"

"I thought you wouldn't come!" He chuckles ruffling my hair.

"How can I not come when my best friend called for me?" I smile. I'm glad he's doing fine now. "Long time no see." I nod and he looks behind me smiling at Baekhyun. "I see that you're both doing well."

Baekhyun smiles. "Is there any reason we wouldn't be?"

"Geez, I hate that couple. Just you wait Ahn So Ah. I'll get a boyfriend soon!" I chuckle at Yerin linking my arms with her.

"Mm. I'll look forward to that." She laughs and looks at Se Ah.

"Is something wrong with her? She's awfully quiet today."

I shake my head. "Nothing. She's just not a morning person."

After getting our seat numbers and our luggage checked-in, our flight got called so we head on our way to board the plane. Whenever we're on trips Se Ah's always the one who's most alive but I guess she can't now, because whenever she is, Chanyeol is always on her side.

____________________________________________________

 Se Ah. 

(A.N. Words that are italicized are when Se Ah’s talking in Japanese ^^)

Three people passed by wearing pink kimonos and six people passed by wearing black ones. Yep, I’m bored. I know I told myself not to go with the others because I know primarily the reason why they asked for me here. It’s because somewhere here in Fukuoka, he’s here. That is why I’m avoiding going out with them. But I’m bored. I sigh standing from my seat and I guess I’m going to look at the place.

I left the hotel and headed out. I saw a sign that says ‘bike rentals’ so I walk there. Good thing I took a Japanese subject in college so I can communicate with the locals here. “Hello.” I greet in Japanese and the girl bowed to me. “How much is the bike rental?”

For how long would you want to rent it?”

How long?” She nods handing me a flyer. Oh, so I can rent it for a day. “I’ll rent it for a day then. Here.”

Thank you very much! You can choose whatever bike you prefer there then.”

Alright. Thanks.” I head to where the bikes are and chose the bike colored in mint green. “This one is cute.” I fish my phone out from my pocket and looked on where to go. I’m in the mood for the sea today so I guess I’ll head there. I step on the pedals and headed to the beach and just then when I’m enjoying the ride my phone signals that I’m low on battery. I stopped on the side and sigh. I look on the bag and how is it that luck is not on my side today? I have a cable but I don’t have anything to charge my phone in. I sigh heading to the nearest convenience store then.

Ever since I’m in college I have this principle that whenever I go to stores I can’t just enter it and make use of the resources without even paying. So I head to get myself a drink and paid for it. “That would be 200 yen.” The boy on the cash register said and I hand him my money. Just then, I noticed that he’s staring.

Is there something on my face?” I ask.

He gasp, must be surprised that I can talk Japanese. “You can talk in Japanese Onee-san?!” I feel slightly offended by what he said for two reasons. One, do I look that old to be called ‘onee-san’?! And two, are we close? Usually people would refer to me as the customer.

Um, do I know you?” He chuckles scratching his head.

My bad! I’m Kento, Yamazaki Kento. Chanyeol aniki’s step-brother.” I can laugh now as if everything is a joke but I can’t. I tried to avoid bumping into Chanyeol as much as possible and here I am bumping into his step brother. What kind of luck do I have? I should consider visiting a shrine to find out.

Oh.” I grab my drink and head to take a seat charging my phone. I hear him follow me from behind and take the seat beside me. This guy is quite persistent. “Hey Onee-san. Can I ask you a favor?”

What?”

“I need you to meet my brother. You’re close right? I mean you’re the girl that he loves right? Maybe he’ll smile again if he sees you. I know this is rude for me to ask when this is our first meeting but I would like Aniki to smile again. Because ever since my father married his mother, I didn’t even see him smile for once when he cared for me and my sister the most.

This kid is quite a talkative one. We just met and I think I already got a glimpse of how Chanyeol is living with his new family now. “How did you know who I am?”

Oh that! Wait a minute.” He runs back to the counter and gets his phone then sprints back to his seat. He shows me a photo and I think this is Chanyeol’s phone. “This. This is you right? The girl on Aniki’s wallpaper.” I grab his phone looking at the photo and it is me. This is when we went to the beach. The photo that he took. He made it his wallpaper?

“Y..Yeah. I guess that’s me.”

“Then, you must be his girlfriend back in Korea right?”

“No. We’re not like that. He’s just- He’s my best friend that’s all.”

Oh.” I can see disappointment in his face. And I smile patting his head.

Sorry. I don’t think I can meet him. He left me for a reason and I think that’s because he doesn’t want me to know where he is right now. And me meeting him is a bad idea.” He stands and bows. “W..Wait! Yamazaki-kun-“

Onee-san! I’m begging you! I want to repay all of Aniki’s good deeds for me and my sister! He’s always working hard just to pay for my college fee and for Yuuki’s medication! I want for him to at least be happy for once!”

Wait what?” I grab his arms making him seat again. He gives me a deep sigh.

Aniki... He told me that his father divorced our step-mother now even though his father was the one who is in an affair. He almost beat the hell out of him but Mom stopped him and told him that it’s fine. Then she met our father. Our father is raising Yuuki and I alone ever since our real Mom died. I never saw our father so happy with Aniki’s mother so I thought that if I approve of their marriage, he can be happy and at least forget about Mom’s passing. Then Yuuki got sick two months after they got married. Their income isn’t enough to pay for Yuuki’s medicine so Aniki worked hard on his job and I worked part-time. He never had time to rest Onee-san.. so please.. I’m begging you..

My heart aches after hearing what happened to Chanyeol ever since he left. And here I am being selfish. I pat him in the head once again and smiled warmly. “I’ll give it a thought Yamazaki-kun.”

He smiles and grabs my hand shaking it. “Really? Thank you very much Onee-san!

You can call me Se Ah okay?”

Then you can call me Kento too! Oh right, here. Please give me your number.”

Alright.” I grab his phone and I gave him my phone in return as we exchange our numbers. He gives my phone back to me and smiles. My phone isn’t that charged yet but I think I have to leave now. “I’ll see you later then.

He smiles nodding and I get off my seat grabbing my things and headed out. I get on my bike I guess I’m heading back for now.

****

I wake up the next day and I saw that Yeri’s still sleeping. I look for So Ah and she’s nowhere to be found so I grab my sweater and get off the bed.

“You woke up early.” I sat seeing her stand on the veranda. She smiles turning and I stand next to her admiring the spring view. “You brought me here because you know this is where he lives right? And at this hotel on top of that.”

She chuckles. “You caught me.” I see her look at me at the side of my eye. “Are you leaving? Please don’t leave. I just want you both to make up.”

“I’m not mad at him, I’m just hurt that he left like that with everybody knowing besides me.”

She smiles hugging me. “You love him don’t you?”

I laugh and ruffled her hair as I hug her back. My phone rings and Kento’s name is in it. “Hello-

Se Ah onee-san! Help me! Yuuki called and she said her chest is hurting! I’m on the bus stop but the bus is still not here yet! Aniki’s phone died and-“

I gasp letting go of So Ah. “I understand. Where is she right now?”

I’ll send you the address right now!”

I place the address that Kento sent me after hanging up and put my shoes on. “Unnie? What’s wrong? Where are you going?”

“I’ll explain everything later okay? Bye!” I sprint out of the room then to where the bike is parked and follow the navigator on my phone. I know I just learned how to ride a bike but this is the first time I rode one running this fast. When I arrive at the house I got off the bike and headed inside the house. “Yuuki? Yuuki!!”

I gasp seeing a girl struggle on the floor so I ran to her and helped her. “Who?...” I smiled at her carrying her.

“Don’t worry. Your brother called me here. You’ll be fine soon.” I ran to the exit just when I hear the door open. I stop on my feet seeing him.

“Se Ah?”


*Screams at the top of my lungs* My Chanyeol fangirl is going alive again TT.TT I miss writing Chan fics hahaha! Anyways, So i told everyone that there will be one last chapter next, guess what hahaha I added a little bit which is why last two chapter left again hahaha! I’m really not a big fan of odd numbers when it comes to chapters so.. (yeah I’m OC that way..) I want to thank everyone for your comments! I really enjoy reading them ^^ Keep ‘em coming okay?

 

- Cheonsabyul <3