Chapter Three

Nostalgia

Chapter three.


 Se Ah. 

After dropping my stuff at home, Chanyeol drove on our way to the hospital. So Ah’s condition has worsened day after day and I don’t like it. There’s still no potential donor for her and it’s been months since Baekhyun left. If she doesn’t get the heart that she needs she might die.

On our way to her room, group of nurses and doctors came running. I froze seeing Dad and Mom outside the room. Dad’s hugging Mom as she cries. I ran inside her room and they’re reviving her. I turn to Dad and he’s looking at me with a sad look on his eyes. He stretched out his hand telling me to come and I shake my head.

I turn to Chanyeol grabbing him. “S..She’s-“ I can’t manage to finish my words because tears immediately came out.

“Se Ah..” Chanyeol pulled me towards him as I watch So Ah being revived.

“No, no... please So Ah..”

“She’s back.” The doctor says.

Chanyeol lets me go and I ran towards So Ah. I look at the doctor. “She’s.. she’s okay?”

“Yes Se Ah.” Doctor Han turns to Dad and he nodded. “I’ll talk to your parents for a while okay?”

“Thank you so much..”

Chanyeol pats my shoulder and smiled. “She’ll be fine.”

I nod and hop beside So Ah hugging her. “So Ah.. unnie’s here. Don’t let go for me please.”

****

I turn and realized that I have fallen asleep. I hear the sound of the TV and laughter. I sit up and saw So Ah laughing as Chanyeol hand her some chips.

“So Ah!”

“Oh you’re awake? You missed the show but I can’t wake you up unnie.”

“Are you okay? Do you feel fine?”

She smiles. “Yes, totally fine.”

I sigh in relief. “Why didn’t you wake me up when she’s awake?” I look at Chanyeol.

“We tried but you’re so deep in your dreamland.”

So Ah chuckles. “He took a photo of you by the way.”

I gasp jumping out of the bed and run to Chanyeol. “Give it.”

He chuckles. “Alright, alright! Here!”

I look at the photo then to him. “I’ll let you keep this one. It’s nice.”

He nods. “I never took an ugly photo of you.”

“That,” I point at him and look at So Ah. “That is a good friend.”

She chuckles and shakes her head. “I’ll go and get us something to eat for dinner.”

I nod. “Thanks! I’m craving for seafood today.”

I felt So Ah’s hand on mine after Chanyeol have left so I turn to her. “Unnie,” She called me that. I don’t like it when she calls me that. She’s serious whenever she calls me that. “I’ll be released next week.”

“Already? Aren’t you here for surgery?”

She shakes her head. “I’m not having it.”

“So Ah-“

“I talked to Mom and Dad about it already. We talked to Uncle and he gave me my chances already.”

“So Ah, we can still hope! Who knows maybe tomorrow-“

“Unnie,” she smiles but that kind of butter smile. “I want to spend my remaining days with you and Mom and Dad-“

“No! Don’t talk like that So! That can’t happen! It won’t!”

“Unnie.” She looks at me warmly and I sigh in defeat. How can she say those words so easily like she already accepted her fate a long time ago? “I know it’s hard, but maybe, I’m not meant to stay for long in this lifetime.”

My eyes are getting wet from the tears escaping from them. I don’t want her talking like this. Why do I have to be the only one who doesn’t suffer and she gets it all? Shouldn’t it be fifty-fifty at least? This is so unfair.

“I’ll be forever thankful that you get to be my sister, and my twin for that. You are the best sister one can have. Just know that Unnie.”

“Stop talking. I hate it when you talk to me like this.” I sob and she hugs me. I hold her back. “Don’t So Ah. I can’t live without you.”

****

“We’re here!” Mom exclaimed. I sigh and watch everyone get off the car. They make it look so easy when So Ah’s life is in danger right now. Chanyeol opens the back door and starts unloading all of our luggage. I help So Ah get off the car and we saw Grandpa on his wheelchair.

“Grandpa!” So Ah runs off.

“Hey don’t run!” I exclaim.

“Let her be.” Chanyeol says.

“Yeah and let her die before the due date. So not happening.” I hear him laugh and I help him unload the other luggage. We pulled them up to the gate and Grandpa smiles at us. I stop and sat in front of him. He stretches out his hand and pats my head.

“You’ve both grown.” He says and I smile. I hold his hand and nod.

“I missed you.”

“Me too Se Ah. I’m so glad you are all here.”

“Have you been well?” So Ah asks.

“Better than ever.”

I chuckle and we all headed inside. Mom and Dad told us that they’ll be out to go shopping for our food. I let So Ah be with Grandpa and carried our luggage to our room. Chanyeol grabbed the others and helped me.

“Thank you.”

“It’s nothing.” I sat on So Ah’s bed and watch him.

“No really. Thank you. For taking a leave with me at school so that we can be with So Ah for a while. Even if it means for you to repeat.”

He places the last luggage to the side and smiles. “I’m not the only one to repeat.” I chuckle. He seats next to me and pats my head. “I’m your and So Ah’s friend. You can always rely on me.”

“I’m so lucky to have you.” He smiles. “Baekhyun will regret cutting ties with you.”

He laughs and stands up. He reaches for my hand pulling me with him. “He did not cut ties with me. He just stopped asking about So Ah.”

“Yeah. Him and that game of his. But shouldn’t we tell him about her now?”

“I tried but I can’t reach him. Maybe he's on his way back to Korea from Australia.”

“Hm.. I’ll find him when he gets back then.”

Chanyeol chuckles. “I bet that you’ll be the one who’s going to be sick before even finding him.”

I laugh and we both headed downstairs. But maybe. If I can just find Baekhyun so that he’ll be together with So Ah. Yep. That I will definitely do.

****

I head over to So Ah’s room after dinner and saw her on her usual business, reading her books again. I seriously wonder sometimes, doesn’t she get eye strain from reading the whole day?

“Busy?” I ask. She smiles shaking her head and makes room for me on her bed. I climb in next to her and hugged her. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Don’t you want to see Baekhyun again?”

She chuckles. “Why are you asking about him all of a sudden?”

“Nothing. I just thought of it.”

She puts her book aside and pulls the cover on her. “Not really.”

I sit up facing her. Well that’s shocking. “Why? Didn’t you say you like him too?”

“Yes but I don’t want to hurt him by letting him hope for nothing. If I see him again, then he’ll hope that everything will be fine. That I’ll get better. I’m not being pessimistic Se Ah but I have to think of the possibilities. Waiting for a donor is like I’m hanging on the edge of a cliff waiting for someone to save me.”

I hug her tight and she rested her head in my chest. I don’t want to see my sister like this. “What if you can see him one last time, what will you tell him?”

“Hm..” she moves away from me and thinks about my questions. She smiles and faces me. “I’ll thank him. For letting me feel how it’s like to like someone. To be able to make your heart beat fast not because you’re sick but because I feel special. And that I’ll never forget him.”

She chuckles seeing me cry. So Ah wipes my tears and flicks my forehead. “Sorry.”

“Unnie, I should be the one crying here.”

“I know.. but seriously! How can that guy play his little game of fate when you’re in this state?”

So Ah smiles. “I’m still glad he did. I don’t want him to get hurt.”

I look at her. I wouldn’t want you to be hurt like this too So Ah, which is why I’m going to find him for you.

_________________________________________

 So Ah. 

I turn and find the other side of the bed empty. I sit up and find Se Ah nowhere. I grab my phone and a note fell. I reach for it and it’s from Se Ah.

I’m going to be out for a while. I’ll find Baekhyun for you okay? So hold on until then! I know you don’t want to see him but I’ll be his fate and lead him to you. I’ll be back!

P.S. I love you so much lil’ sis!

- Unnie

I gasp getting out of my bed. No. No. No. Se Ah can’t do that! I opened her room and her bag’s gone. “Oh no..” I dialed her number and waited but there’s no answer. I knock silently on Chanyeol’s door because I can’t let Mom and Dad know that Se Ah’s gone to look for Baekhyun. They’ll be furious if they know that.

Chanyeol’s door opened with him still drowsy. I grab him towards his room and locked the door. He gives me a surprised look. “Why did you lock my door?”

“Se Ah’s gone to look for Baekhyun!” I show him my phone and in a second his eyes bulged in surprise.

“So that’s why.”

“What’s why?”

“Se Ah came in earlier.” He looks at the clock then back to me. “At around three in the morning and borrowed my phone. Maybe she took Baekhyun’s contact.”

“Oh god no.”

“I’ll go look for her.”

“I’ll go with you.”

He walks pass through me and grabs a change of clothes from his closet. “No you won’t. You’ll die before we get to even find her.”

“Yes I will. I’ll die of waiting not knowing where she is.”

He sighs looking at me in disbelief. “Your parents will kill me.”

“I’ll take care of it so please.. please just take me with you!”

“Fine. Put on something thick clothes and I’ll grab your meds.”

“Seriously?”

He shrugs. “I can’t have you dying on me.”

I chuckle and headed outside as I wait for Chanyeol. I’m praying that my sister will be fine and that we’ll see her soon. Her getting hurt while looking for Baekhyun is the last thing I wanted to happen.

I was startled by my phone’s sudden ring so I answered it. It’s Se Ah.

“Unnie! Where are you?!”

“Hello? Is this a relative of Ms. Ahn?” I froze at the voice. It’s not Se Ah.

“Yes. Can I know who’s this?”

“This is Office Yoo. I am calling to inform you that the owner of this phone has been on an accident and is currently been missing.”

UPDATE! What do you all think of this chapter?? Are you liking this story? Leave your comments and let me now okay?? ^^

- Cheonsabyul <3