Chapter Fourteen

Nostalgia

Chapter Fourteen.


 Baekhyun. 

You know that part in the movies when the girl finally says yes and the guy will just shout “I’m the happiest guy in this planet!”? I do. Because I really am the happiest right now.

“Baekhyun? What’s wrong?” So Ah reaches on the ground stopping the swing and looks at me. “Do you want to go home?”

“No, just a little more.”

“Are you sure? It’s getting late though.” She checks on her phone and places it back on her pocket. I smile and sat on the swing next to hers.

“Tell me again.”

“What?”

“Tell me how you feel.” She chuckles.

“I’ve lost count already how much you asked me that ever since we left from school earlier.” I pull her waist and get her close to me. She smiles caressing my hair. I love this feeling. If I’m getting this then why didn’t just realize that it’s her that I like all these time? “Byun Baekhyun, I love you.”

I smile. It just gets better and better. “I love you too Ahn So Ah.” She smiles and kissed my forehead. “Get in here. We’ll ride it together.”

She laughs. “We won’t fit in there!”

“I’m not telling you to sit at the swing. Sit on my lap.”

“Are you sure I won’t fall?”

“I won’t let you get hurt So.” She chuckles and sat on my lap. “Hold on tight.”

“Wah!” She squealed as I kick on the ground and I chuckle seeing how she reacts. It’s cute. We played on the swing for a while before she told me she has something to say.

“Are you okay?” I ask and she nods.

“Actually, sunbae already told you earlier about this. But I actually went there to talk to him. I remember what happened last night.”

“You know that he likes you right? You heard.” She nods. I smile and pat her head. “Just talk to him. I know that he’ll understand. It won’t be easy though. But I’ll wait for you tomorrow okay?”

She smiles and hugs me. “Mm. Thank you.”

I hold her back when she was about to leave. If she’s going to face the hardest part, then I should be able to face it too. “So Ah.”

“Yes?” I look into her eyes and I can’t believe she’ll be the one I’ll be saying this to.

“I’m going to talk to her too. I’ll tell Se Ah that we’re dating.”

She smiles and nods. “Alright.”

****

I went to school early the next day to be able to talk to Se Ah so I waited at the bench where she usually sit waiting for her next class and I’m right. She’s here. “Se Ah.” I called and she stops looking surprised.

“Hey.” She greeted and I nod. “What’s up?”

“Can you spare me a little time?” She looks like she’s hesitating to talk to me but I get where she’s coming from. I liked her once but my head is clear now. I like So Ah more than her and I’ll give everything just to be with her.

“Okay.” She replied. We both sat on the bench and I feel like I don’t know where to start all of a sudden. I don’t want to hurt Se Ah again like I did when I thought she was So Ah but I think in our case, somebody will really get hurt and I hate that. I look at her and her eyes looks surprised so I follow where her eyes are looking and it’s Chanyeol. He’s looking at us specifically, Se Ah.

“Se Ah-”

“Let’s… let’s talk somewhere else.” She grabs my hand and I follow her. When we’re alone she stops but doesn’t look at me. “Go on. Talk.”

“Okay.” I think I can do this now, I guess she won’t be hurt a lot with this because I know where her heart is right now. “Se Ah, I liked you.” She now faces me but her face is not surprised. She’s actually avoiding to look at me like she doesn’t want to hear this. “That time when I thought you were So Ah, I liked you and that time that we knew who you were, I was confused. Did I really like you just because you have her face? I really thought long about that which is why I kept on holding on to you.” I was expecting her to cry but she isn’t. She’s smiling warmly and I like it. “But it turns out that it’s So Ah that I like. I’m sorry for making you feel bad.”

She walks to me and pats my head grinning. “I told you so.”

I chuckle. “I’m one hell of a bastard am I?”

She nods. “I thought I’ll be crying for this but I wonder why I’m not.” I look at her in confusion, did she perhaps not realized why yet? “But! If you ever make my sister cry you’re dead. Remember that.”

I laugh. “I will.”

She tells me goodbye and she has to go somewhere else so I nod watching her go. Se Ah, you still haven’t realize where your heart is do you?

____________________________________________________

 So Ah. 

I know I told Baekhyun that I have to tell Sunbae about everything but whenever I see him, I can't seem to look at him in the eye and now that we have the next class together, I don't have any excuse to do so.

"So Ah." I stop on my tracks hearing his voice. My heart is thumping like crazy and I'm not even on the classroom yet. Baekhyun appears and smiles heading inside. I thought he's going to seat next to me but I think he's giving me the opportunity to talk to Sunbae.

"S..Sunbae." I greeted back and I hear him chuckle. I really can't look at him.

“I don’t consider that as a greeting. Let’s again shall we? Good afternoon So Ah!” He peeks at me as I look down.

“G..Good afternoon..”

He chuckles patting my head. “That’s more like it.”

I sigh following him inside but I saw him grab Baekhyun pulling him to his seat. “Sunbae?”

“Wait! Hyung what are you doing?”

“That’s what I should be asking. You guys are dating now. Why are you seated apart? Take my place. Besides, I’m going to seat with my friends so it’s fine! See you both later!”

I look at him and every time he smiles, I get this painful feeling. I wonder if all of this will be alright? I don’t feel good about this. I am now with Baekhyun but everything just feels wrong with Sunbae being like this.

“So Ah.” I felt a hand on mine and saw Baekhyun staring at me. He smiles and nods. “It’ll be fine. Let’s just give him time okay?”

I nod and take a seat. It’s always like this, time is always needed. But I really wonder if it really heals wounds or it just leaves it open?

****

When our class ended, I was about to approach Sunbae to talk to him but he left as soon as class ended. I’m not used to this. Him not being around me anymore.

“Want me to talk to him?”

I shake my head no. “It’s okay.”

“You sure?” Baekhyun’s looking at me now. No it’s not okay but I have to deal with it because it’s the only choice that I have.

“Yes.” I reply. He takes a step and pulled me against him. “Baekhyun-“

“If something’s bothering you, tell me So Ah. I’m always here.” He steps back and I force a smile saying that I’m fine because if I don’t, I’ll just worry him and I don’t want that.

“Mm. Thank you.”

He smiles and slides his hand with mine. “Then shall we go and eat-“

“Sorry.” I pull my hand back. “I remembered that I have something to do. You go on ahead okay?”

“So Ah!” I ran as fast as I could and I don’t even know where I’m headed. As soon as I am alone, tears started to flow from my eyes and my knees weaken as I do. I sat on the stairs and I continue to cry. I don’t want this. I don’t want to hurt people if it just makes me happy. I don’t want any of this.. “I thought that this will happen.”

I gasp and looked up. “Baekhyun...”

He sits next to me and hands me bottled water and his handkerchief. “Here’s your water, something to wipe your tears,” he hands me his left hand and entwining it with mine. “And the guy that will never leave you alone no matter what.”

“You have class after this.. I’ll be fine-“

“I still have twenty minutes before it starts so go on.” He smiles but I find this comforting that it just made me burst in tears. “It’s okay So Ah. Just let it all out.”

“He doesn’t want me anymore... I just hurt him Baekhyun...” I felt his hand brush my back as I cry.

“You’re... wrong!” I gasp looking up and Baekhyun’s smiling at me.

“Sunbae?”

Baekhyun stands and ruffles my hair. “Also, the friend that you treasure the most. I’ll see you later So Ah.” He kisses my forehead and leaves.

Oh no. Sunbae’s here. I’m not ready for this. I’m not a least ready for this. “So Ah.” I don’t look up but I can see his shadow as he seats next to me. “I-“

“I’m sorry...” I can’t apologize like this. I have to tell him that I’m sorry straight on and not like this. I raise my head up and looked at him. “I’m sorry... I remember what happened that night. I shouldn’t have done that.” He smiles and pats my head.

“It’s alright okay? You’re drunk-“

“NO IT’S NOT!” I wipe my tears that are blocking my vision with my sleeve. “It’s not... I know how much that hurt because I felt that! And it’s not okay because it hurts badly and me seeing you as Baekhyun which is not really you, I know that hurts so bad because I felt that too... you... You understand me the most and yet-“

“Then will you date me instead?”

“Wh..What?”

He smiles taking his handkerchief put wiping my tears. “You know, when I first got to know that I like you, I told myself that I don’t want to be the guy that will let you go with the man that you love and I will not be that guy who gives way for the sake of the girl that he loves.” He lets out a laugh. “But look at me right now. I’m being that person. I guess I know how the second lead in the movies feel. It hurts.” He looks back at me but the smile on his face never fades. “It hurts but whenever I see that you’re happy with him, I’ve got nothing more to ask because that’s all I need. For you to be happy even though it’s not me who’s on your side.”

Every word that comes out of his mouth hurts too that it’s making me cry even more. “I’m so sorry...”

He pulls me close to him and hugs me. He caresses my hair as I cry and I hold on to him. “I’m not mad or anything okay? I’m just asking, give me time to let you go. It’s not easy and I know that you understand. We just need some space okay?” I nod and he chuckles. “Now stop okay? I’m not used to you like this. Smile for me. You’re prettier that way.”

“Mm..” He gives me that painful smile and leans close to me.

“You know what I’m going to do. If you don’t like it, push me away okay?” I didn’t answer because I can’t make myself push him away. This is the only way I can let him get over me. Then he kisses me.

____________________________________________________

 Baekhyun. 

After my classes ended, I texted So Ah where she might be but until now she’s still not answering and I’m hell so worried for her. I know I’m the reason why she got the chance to talk with Sunbae but I am having bad ideas of what it is that they may have talked about. I gasp stopping on my tracks.

“She...She didn’t change her mind and went out with him instead didn’t she?!” Okay that is not helping and I’m getting paranoid as each second pass. At first I thought I’m walking but now I’m running. I want to see her. I need her now. She can’t be gone now!

“Baekhyun?” I’m surprised that I managed to stop when I’m running so fast. I look at So Ah in front of me and her eyes are swollen. She must’ve cried a lot. “Are you okay?”

She looks pale. She doesn’t look so good. “Baekhyun? Oh! Here, drink first-“

“You cried. You cried a lot. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. So Ah I’m so sorry..” I hug her tightly and I can smell her scent. I need this and have been wanting this. Her scent, her hair, her presence. Everything’s just comforting.

“No. It’s not your fault. I have to actually thank you for doing that because I got the chance to talk to Sunbae and it’s all good now.” She steps back holding my face smiling. “Thank you Baekhyun. Thanks a lot.”

I sigh in relief. I’m glad she’s okay. “Are you okay?”

She chuckles nodding. “I won’t be able to talk to him for a while but, I’ll be okay.”

I smile and hug her again. “That’s great.”

“Did you talk to my sister?” I nod. “Is everything okay?”

“Yeah, but she got something inside her that she hasn’t realized yet.”

“Really? What’s that?”

“You’ll know soon.”

She steps back again and now that I have looked at her, she’s cute this way. I’m taller than her so I can get a proper look at her and she gets prettier and prettier the more I stare at her. “I love you. A lot.” She smiles and that’s all it takes for me to lose my control. I grab her to the greenhouse and pull her close to me. “Baekh- Mmf!”

She gasps when I pressed my lips on her and I hold her close to me as I can. I’m never letting this girl go again. I now that I’m being possessive but she’s mine and only mine. “I love you.” I close our gap and kiss her again. She holds on to me and I make her sit on the bench as I continue to kiss her. “God I love you.” And I kiss her again. I feel her chuckle so I stop and look at her. “What?”

She brushes her finger to my hair and stared. “I lost count. You gave me too many I love you’s that I lost count. That’s a shame.”

I smile. “You’ll never be able to count it. Because I’ll give you many I love you’s as long as I live Ahn So Ah.”


AND! the BaekSo ship is sailing! HAHAHA! Excuse my fangirl heart <3 <3 This just got me a lot of feels! But wait for it y'all cuz the SeChan ship will be sailing in a few too (yeah yeah excuse my spoiler heart too) I hope y'all would like it <3 <3

- Cheonsabyul <3