Chapter Four

Nostalgia

Chapter four.


 Baekhyun. 

I check my phone and saw a message from Mom.

I’ve cooked French toast for breakfast. Your favorite so don’t you dare stop by somewhere on your way back.

I chuckle and place my phone in front of me and started driving. I wonder if I’ll meet So Ah this time? If we’re really fated I’m sure I’ll be able to meet her again.

I turn on the intersection and pulled over when I saw a car that crushed on the post. I got off the car and checked but there’s no one inside. I look on the side and maybe someone fell at the riverside. I headed down and saw a body lying so I rush. I turn the body over and gasp. It’s So Ah.

“SO AH! WAKE UP!” I called but she didn’t budge so I grab her wrist and check her pulse. She still has it. I carry her back to my car and headed to the hospital as fast as I can. When we reach the emergency room, nurses rushed towards me and asked me what happened so I told them that she got in an accident. They took her away and I am now in blank. Everything just happened so fast. I look at my reflection at the operating room door. I am covered with So Ah’s blood. Just when I thought I might see her again, it all just happened too fast and I am definitely no wishing to her this way.

I waited for more than an hour and so when the doctor came out so I stood up and approach him. “Doctor, how is she?”

“Are you her relative?”

“I’m a friend of hers and I brought her here. Is she okay?”

“She is for now. The impact on her head is strong but thankfully nothing bad happened. Will you be able to contact her family?”

“I’ll try my best. I have not been in contact with them for a while. I’ll look after her for the meantime.”

“Alright. We’ll transfer her to a room then.”

“Thank you.”

I sigh in relief and waited until she is transferred. I went back to my car to change my clothes and informed Mom that I won’t be able to make it. I head back to So Ah and she’s sound asleep. She got scratches on her face but she’s still beautiful.

“You haven’t changed a bit So Ah. You’re still pretty and look at the chances that we’ve met again.” I caressed her cheek as I stare at her. “I’m so glad you’re okay.” I kissed her hand wishing that she’ll wake up soon because I can’t take to see her like this. Hurting. I’m starting to feel sleepy so I take her hand placing it on my cheek as I close my eyes.

____________________________________________________

 Se Ah. 

I open my eyes and look around. I don’t know where I am. I try to sit up but something or rather someone is preventing me to do so. He moves a bit and slowly opens his eyes and looks at me. He sits up straight looking surprised.

“So Ah! You’re awake! Are you okay?”

“Is that my name?” He stops at my question. He better not be because I have a lot left to ask. Who am I, who are you, what is this place and what happened to me. Those questions because hell my head’s empty and I don’t know anything.

“So Ah.. what are you-“

“Why can’t I remember anything?”

“Alright. I got it. Let’s ask the doctor okay? Wait for a sec.”

The guy leaves the room and I’m left alone. I try to remember anything but I can’t. I don’t even know how I got here and why there are bandages on my body. The door opens and the guy returns with a doctor.

“Hello So Ah.” The doctor said looking at me.

“Is that my name?” I ask.

“Yes. You’re So Ah. Ahn So Ah.” The guy from earlier said.

“Do you not remember what happened? Or how you got into an accident?”

“A what?” I look at him, still surprised on what’s happening right now. His eyes fall on me and stare. “Who are you? You know my name.”

“I’m Baekhyun, a friend of yours.”

I stare at him because he seems to be looking at me deeply. I don’t know what’s with him but something definitely is up with him. He said he knows me and I feel like I definitely do. Like I’ve been wanting to see him for a long time. He talks with the doctor then sees him out. He returns with a smile on his face. I keep looking at him. There’s just something about him.

“Why are you staring at me?” He chuckles then pulls my covers up for me. “Aren’t you cold? It’s snowing outside now.”

“Snow?” He nods and gestures through the window. I turn and white flakes are flowing from the sky. I stare and it’s beautiful but as soon as I see my reflection on the window my eyes got wet and I’m crying.

“So Ah?”

“What is this?” I wipe my eyes but tears kept on escaping. Baekhyun holds my hand and I stare surprised.

“Come here.” He pulls me close and holds my head letting me rest on his chest. “It’ll be okay. I’ll take care of you from now on So Ah. I’ll always be by your side.”

****

-- A Week Later... --

“You look great on that Unnie!” Sohyun, Baekhyun’s sister, said. I smiled and thanked her for lending her clothes to me for the meantime. I don’t know why but her calling me ‘Unnie’ just makes me happy. “Now let’s go and prepare the food before Oppa arrives!” I nod and follow her downstairs.

I’ve been staying at Baekhyun’s house for a week now ever since I got out of the hospital. He said that he’ll find my family for me and I’m glad someone like him found me.

“Oh, So Ah! You look so pretty on that dress!” Baekhyun’s mom said. I smile. She’s really nice to me and treats me like her own daughter. It feels great.

“Thank you Ms. Byun. I’ll always be thankful for you taking me in.”

“So Ah, you’re a special person to my son, of course I will take you in.” I chuckle and saw seafood on the sink.

“Will you be cooking that?” I ask.

“Yeah, Baekhyun loves seafood and it’s been a while since he ate home-cooked food.”

I walk to the sink and rolled up my sleeves. “Then I’ll help you cook it.”

“Oppa will not let us have any now Mom.” Sohyun says and they both laugh. I stare in confusion not knowing what they’re both talking about.

We spent the rest of the hour preparing for dinner when Mongryeong barked. He runs to the door and I follow him after washing my hands. “What is it?”

He stares up to me then to the door. Baekhyun once told me that he does bark at the door when he needs to pee so I open the door for him. Mongryeong barks in excitement and I follow his stare. It’s Baekhyun. He smiles carrying Mongryeong and I smiled back. What a cute sight.

“Would you look at that, my two favorite beings welcoming me back home. Am I right Mongie?” He kissed Mongryeong and then he gets a back. I chuckle. He puts the dog down and looks at me. “Aren’t you cold?”

“Oh right! It snowed again earlier! Did you see it? Oh but you have a class around two right? I should’ve took a photo at least-“ he chuckles as he stared at me. “What’s funny?”

He walks closer to me taking his coat off putting it on me. “I guess my sister dressed you up again did she? But you dressed thinly now. I don’t want you to catch a cold.”

“Does it look bad?”

“No.” I flinch when he placed his hands on my neck. They’re cold. “You look beautiful.”

“Baekhyun, your hands are cold. Immensely cold.”

He chuckles again. “Do I not really have an effect on you? Is that the effect of amnesia or what?”

“Why does everybody keep on saying things that I don’t understand?”

“If you both keep standing on the front door, I won’t be able to come in. I’m afraid that I’ll disturb you.” I gasp.

“Mr. Byun!” I ran to him and take his bag from him. “You’re home?” He chuckles and ruffles my hair.

“You’re much like my child than Baekhyun.” He says. “Yes, I’m back. Did the therapy go well today?”

I nod smiling. “Yes.”

“Did you manage to remember anything?”

“Um... no.”

“Oh. I’m sorry to hear that dear.”

I felt a hand on mine. It’s Baekhyun’s. “Dad, we talked about this.”

“Yes, I’m sorry for asking So Ah.”

“No! It’s fine Mr. Byun! Really.” I force a smile because I don’t want him worrying. They’re such nice people for letting me in their family and I can’t be a burden to them. Mr. Byun enters and I am about to follow him when Baekhyun pulled me and stopped me.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

“Are you really okay?”

I force a smile again not wanting him to worry too. “Mm.”

“Unnie! Oppa! Dinner’s ready!” Sohyun called from inside.

“Oh! Let’s go!” I grab him with me. Saved by the bell.

____________________________________________________

 Baekhyun. 

I stand by the balcony watching Mongryeong eat his dinner and stared at So Ah as she wash the dishes. I smiled. I never wanted anything than this. The girl that I love the most in my own home and loved by my family. Cared for too. I’m just too happy right now I don’t know what to do. I know I shouldn’t be happy because So Ah’s suffering right now but I’ll take care of her for the meantime. Until I find her family, I’ll take care of her. Until she recovers her memory, I’ll take care of her.

I walk over to the kitchen and helped So Ah after Mongryeong finished eating. She tells me about today, how her therapy went, how she still can’t remember anything and how many clothes my sister lent her. I smile as I watch her tell her story to me. I’ll never get tired of this.

“Are you listening?”

“Yeah.”

“Why do I feel like you’re just staring?”

I chuckle because I am actually doing both. I reach over tucking a lock of hair on her ear and stare. She’s just too perfect. “So Ah.”

“Hm?”

“I want to tell you something right now. But I’m afraid you’ll break if I do.”

“What is it?”

I smile. “Later. I’ll tell you if you start to remember everything.”

She laughs and closes the faucet. “Well you’re gonna wait for a while. Aren’t you going to sleep yet?”

“Not yet. I’ll stay here a bit.”

“Alright.” She dried her hand and headed upstairs.

“So Ah.” She stops turning back to me. “Goodnight. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

She smiles. That smile that captured my heart. “Mm. Goodnight!”

I watch her as she leaves and mumbled the words that I can’t say to her yet. “So Ah, I love you so much.”


UPDATE! I’m so happy that you all are liking this story ^^ Leave your comments and let me know what you think of this story okay? Love you all!

- Cheonsabyul