Chapter Six

Nostalgia

Chapter six.


 Se Ah. 

I freeze as Chanyeol stare at me. He called me Se Ah not So Ah. I turn to Baekhyun, I remember him telling me that I have a twin. Did he perhaps mistook me from her?

“Se Ah, I-“ I step back from Baekhyun puzzled on what to do right now. He thought I’m So Ah all along. Then...

“Y..You thought I’m So Ah. I-“ memories started to pop in my head right now and I’m starting to remember bit by bit. I gasp covering my mouth with my hand remembering the most important thing. “Y..You like my sister?”

“Se Ah-“

“Then all of those-“ I remembered what Baekhyun is attempting to tell me earlier. He’s telling me that he likes me. He took me in thinking that I’m So Ah. Tears are creeping on my eyes but now that I remember that I am Se Ah, I don’t cry. Se Ah doesn’t cry in front of other people. I turn to Chanyeol grabbing him. “C..Can you take me home?”

Chanyeol looks at me then to my hand. He can tell that I’m shaking. “Alright.”

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun called. “Take my car with you. It’s cold, she might get sick.” Baekhyun tosses his key to Chanyeol.

“Then, we’ll exchange cars for a while. I left mine at the park.” Chanyeol tosses his key to Baekhyun.

I bit on my lip forcing myself. I got into the car not looking back at Baekhyun. Chanyeol started to drive and I shut my eyes closed. Tears fell on my face. All those moments that I thought he liked me, he thought I was So Ah. I can’t believe I’m falling for a guy that my sister actually likes. I feel the car stop so I open my eyes.

“He thought you’re So Ah.” Chanyeol said. “Did you fall for him already?”

“I can’t fall for someone that So Ah likes.”

“I didn’t ask you that Se Ah. Did you fall for Baekhyun?”

I turn away from him because he’s the person that knows me the best. “My answer won’t matter because you will see through me anyway.”

____________________________________________________

 So Ah.

I run downstairs when I hear a car pull over. Chanyeol’s here with Se Ah. I open the door and ran to the gate. Se Ah’s here. She’s alive. She gets off the car and sees me.

“Unnie!”

She chuckles and hugs me. “I heard you got your surgery?”

I step back and look at her. She’s gotten thin. “Are you okay? Do you remember everything?”

“Most, but not everything I think.” She smiles and caressed my hair. I noticed that her eyes are red and swollen.

“Did you cry?” She smiles shaking her head but I can tell that she’s faking it.

“No, why would I be when I remember what I’m supposed to remember.” She hugs me. “I’m sorry that I can’t let you see Baekhyun today. I managed to find him though.”

I smile shaking my head. “What I need the most is you here Unnie. I’m glad he found you though, he must’ve took good care of you. It’s amazing that he knew that I’m not you. It would be confusing if he thought I was you.” I chuckle.

Se Ah looks at me then to Chanyeol. “Did Chanyeol told you that? That Baekhyun knew I’m Se Ah?”

I nod. “Is something wrong?”

She smiles and shakes her head. “Nope. Now let’s go and sleep shall we?”

I nod and followed her inside. We head to my room because Se Ah said she wanted to sleep with me today. She headed to the bathroom saying that she’ll wash up first so I prepared the bed and a change of clothes for her. When she’s done she changed her clothes and we lay down together.

“This is really amazing. We’re really alike huh?” She chuckles.

“Did you forget how I looked like too?”

She laughs. “I may have forgotten that I had a twin for a while.”

I laugh. “How was Baekhyun? Did he look okay when you left?”

“Hm? Oh, uh yeah. I guess.”

“I have to thank him for taking care of you.”

Se Ah smiles. “Mm. I think so too.”

We both talked for a while. I missed doing this with her. I miss my sister so much when she’s all I had whenever Mom and Dad are not home. I missed her company and above all, I value her more than how I value my feelings for Baekhyun right now.

****

The next day, I told Chanyeol if I can see Baekhyun but when we contacted him he didn’t answer his phone. We tried for a couple of times but he’s not picking up. Se Ah told me not to mind it and that a message would be fine for the meantime so I just texted him but I didn’t receive a reply. I waited for almost half of the day but he’s not even opening my message. I wonder if something’s up with him?

My door opens and Se Ah entered. “Oh, did you talk to Baekhyun’s parents?”

She smiled sitting on my bed. “Mm. They said that they’re glad that everything turned out fine.”

“I see. That’s great.”

Se Ah looks at me then to my phone and grabbed it from me. “He’s still not reading it?”

“Yeah. I wonder if he’s okay?”

“Maybe he’s just busy. He’s in college already.”

“Is that so? I feel bad for bothering him.”

Se Ah chuckles pinching my cheeks playfully. “Never feel bad for thanking a person okay? You’ve done your part. Whether or not he’ll reply will be up to him. It’s fine that you gave an effort letting him know that you’re grateful.”

I smile. She always know what to say. “Thank you.” She ruffles my hair and stands.

“I’ll go back and change my clothes okay?”

“Okay.”

____________________________________________________

 Se Ah.

I return to my room and took my phone from my bag. I dialed Baekhyun’s number and waited for him to answer. I don’t stop until he does because I know exactly what he’s doing. On the twenty-sixth time that I called him, yes I counted because I don’t like it when So Ah’s sad, he answered.

“Se Ah.”

“You finally answered. Why didn’t you replied on her message? So Ah’s waiting for you!”

“I can’t.” He sighed. “I can’t even make myself to talk to her. I thought she was you. I mixed her up with the wrong person.”

I scoffed. “That’s your reason? Don’t be a coward and talk to So Ah!”

“I can’t!”

“Baekhyun what the hell?!”

“I think I liked you okay?! That’s why I can’t talk to her!”

I froze. My knees are starting to weaken with what I heard just now. I release a breath calming myself. “Stop speaking nonsense Baekhyun. You’re- You’re just confused because you mixed me up with her. Now just talk to So Ah.”

I hang up and sank on the floor. I clench my fist on my chest feeling my heart beat. It can’t beat this way. You can’t have more feelings for him Se Ah. This is wrong. Your sister likes him. A lot.

My phone rings again and it’s Baekhyun. I’m confused whether I should answer it. But I want to persuade him to talk to So Ah because she needs to hear his voice at least. I know she’s been wanting to see him for a long time. But hearing his voice is really bad for me.

I shut my eyes closed and answered it. “Se Ah.” I think my heart is going to burst again with him calling me now and not So Ah. “Please don’t hang up. Just...” his voice is starting to shake and I know he’s about to cry.

“Damn it Baekhyun, talk. What do you want? If it’s not about So Ah then please hang up.”

“I can’t.” He releases a breath. “Can I just.. Can I see you? I need to talk to you.”

“I can’t.”

“Please Se Ah. This will be the last time.”

I sigh in defeat and hang up. He texted me where to meet and I stood up. This will be the last chance that I got. I have to make things clear and stop what’s starting in my heart right now because that will be the best option.

I grab my coat and scarf heading to the place where he asked to meet. By the time I got there, he’s already sitting at the bench waiting for me. He sees me and stands. “Se Ah.”

He walks closer to me and hugs me. “What are you doing?” I step back and pushed him away.

“I needed to see you-“

“I’m not So Ah!”

He nods and gave me a bitter smile. “I know.”

“You’re just confused okay? You thought I’m her Baekhyun. You just needed to see her then you’ll know.”

“I know.” He repeats and holds my cheek. “You’re cold.”

“S..Stop.”

“I know you wanted me to meet So Ah right now. But I can’t when I’m like this. It’s just too hard Se Ah. I think I might have li-“

“Stop. I told you to stop.” My eyes are now getting blurry from the tears and him touching me like this makes it even more harder. “You’re just confused. It’s So Ah that you liked and not me.”

“Yeah.” He replied. He’s staring at me deeply and I’m afraid any second now I’m going to start melting. This is all wrong. This should all be So Ah and not me.

“I’m going.”

“Wait.” He grabs my wrist pulling my towards him and the next second he’s kissing me. I’m too surprised to push him or move away from me because I think my heart just overpowered my mind. He pulls back resting his forehead on mine.

“I’m sorry..” he whispered then he’s crying. Seeing him like this really hurts me. “I know this is not right Se Ah.. but you being away is really hard.”

I reach over his eyes wiping his tears and kissed him. I hate how my heart is setting aside what I think is wrong. I need him too. In that short while, I fell for him unconsciously. The guy that my sister likes. Baekhyun wraps me closer to him and his other hand holds my neck as he kisses me. I am starting to run out of air but he still doesn’t stop. He continues to kiss me until I can taste his tears. This is just too hard. He pulls back slowly but neither of us are letting go.

“Se Ah, I lov-“

“Don’t. This will be the last time.” I push him away wiping my tears. “Don’t.. Don’t ever talk to me again.”

____________________________________________________

Six Months Later...

 So Ah. 

“Don’t go home today without me okay? We’ll all go together at our first day of school~” Se Ah sing song as Chanyeol parked the car for us. I chuckle as we got off.

“Alright, I’ll take my time choosing what organization I’ll join then.” I reply.

“Do you even need that? You’ll be joining the org that is most related to books anyway.”

I chuckle. “You,” Chanyeol walks over to Se Ah and placed his coat over her. I smile as I watch them. “This is the tenth time. I told you it’ll be cold again today.”

“Geez, you’re too much. I can even endure it.”

“How can you when your skin is showing in that skirt?” I laugh.

“He’s just worried Unnie.” I say. She nods in agreement and we all walked inside the campus. This will be the first time that I’ll be going to school ever since I got the transplant and I’m so excited. “Oh, I’ll be going this way. See you both at lunch!”

“Mm. Be careful okay? You’re a klutz after all.” Se Ah says and I laugh waving her goodbye.

I make a turn at the corridor and stopped seeing a familiar face. “Baekhyun..”

He’s seems disappointed seeing me but forced a smile afterwards. “So Ah.”

“You go here?”

“Yeah.” The longer I look at him the sadder his expression is. I wonder if he’s okay. “I’ll go ahead now.”

“Oh? Uh okay.” I stepped to the side watching him go in the classroom even though we’re in the same class. I enter after him and he sits in front not even looking back at me. Did he not want to see me?

“That hurts..” I turn and gasp seeing that I’m stepping on someone else’s foot.

“Oh no! I’m so sorry!” He chuckles nodding.

“It’s okay. But who are you staring with much intent? You spaced out for a while.”

“Oh, um.. I was just finding a good seat.”

He laughs. “Then you met the right person! Let’s go.” He takes my hand with him and I follow him. We sat a row behind Baekhyun and he pushed me down to my seat. “This is the best seat. To your right, not to cold and not too hot. And! You can hear the professor’s voice even if it’s not that loud.”

I smile. “Thank you.”

“Sure! Um?” I stare at him waiting for him to end his sentence but I realized how similar this is back then. Back when I first met Baekhyun.

“So Ah. Ahn So Ah.” I smiled shaking his hand.

“You can call me Minseok So Ah. Nice to meet you!”

I nod and turned to Baekhyun. I wonder if he’s not that glad to see me?

____________________________________________________

 Baekhyun. 

So Ah’s here. Right in front of me. I don’t even know how to react when I’m still confused about what happened six months ago. I can’t face her when I can’t even recognize her. I fell for another girl other than her and to her sister on top of that. I just don’t have any face and right to look at her right now.

“Where will you be eating you lunch So Ah?” Minseok, a senior of mine, asked her.

I admit, I wanted to sit with her the moment I realized we’re in the same class. I felt like my heart will explode at the sight of her. That I wanted to tell her how much I missed her. But I can’t. My conscience is killing me. I listen to the both of them as they converse and So Ah walks down to the door then looks at me. I avoided her look even if it pains me. She doesn't deserve someone like me. A person who can't even recognize her. A person who once liked her twin.

I sigh grabbing my bag after placing my things in it then headed to the cafeteria. I saw So Ah sitting with Minseok and as much as I hate seeing her with another guy, again, who am I to talk? After taking my food, I scan the place to look for a place to seat when someone stepped on my foot.

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't-" we both freeze seeing each other. Again, I am so narrow minded. So An's here which means there is a possibility that Se Ah will be here too. Once I fixed my gaze to So Ah, I can't think of other things than her. "Sorry, I didn't see you coming."

"Se Ah-"

"Unnie! Over here!"

"Mm!" Se An smiled at So Ah and walked pass through me. She just acted like we never met before. I am feeling two things at the same time right now. I turn seeing Chanyeol staring at me.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey. Why don't you seat with us? I'm sure So Ah would like that too."

"No, I'm fi-"

"Let's go." He takes me with him and makes me seat on the table with them. So Ah looks at me but Se Ah didn't. I guess she really doesn't want to see or talk to me ever since that day.

"Baekhyun.."

"H..Hey." I greet So Ah and it breaks my heart to face her like this when I'm like this.

"Chan, you're not eating this right? I'll take it then~" Se Ah grabs Chanyeol's side dish and eats it.

"I haven't even took a seat So." Chanyeol chuckles and Se Ah grins.

"Hm? You all knew each other?" Minseok sunbae asked.

"Uh, yeah. We've known each in the past." So Ah replied. I guess lunch will be longer than I thought it would.

____________________________________________________

 So Ah. 

Baekhyun has changed. Ever since we met again, I don't know if it's just me or is he avoiding me? I head over to the room where the organization that I joined will be holding a meeting.

"Then, I'll see you later So Ah!"

"Mm. See you Sunbae." I wave Minseok Sunbae goodbye and smiled.

I'm glad that I made a friend in my first day. I don't know what I'll do without Minseok Sunbae. He's been guiding me the whole day on the classes that we have together. When I reached the place that was written on the poster, I knocked and entered as I was told.

"Hello! You must be So Ah!"

“Yes, nice to meet you. Are you the president?”

She chuckles and stands from her seat. “Not really. Our President has been away for a while. He just comes and goes. I’m just the vice president and we’re currently in search for more members because there’s the upcoming festival. We have a lot of work to do to make our organization even more famous.”

“Oh I see. Then I’m interested to join!”

“That’s good! I’m Kim Yerin by the way. The secretary of the literature club!”

I reach for her hand and shake it. “Nice to meet you! Ahn So Ah’s my name.”

“Nice to meet you too- Oh! Great timing! We have a new member Vice Pres!”

I turn and bowed as I introduce myself. “Nice to meet you! I’m Ahn So Ah the new member of the club!

“So Ah?” I raise my head seeing a familiar face and freeze.

“B..Baekhyun?”


UPDATE! Sorry for the long update though ahah! I’ve been so busy last week and can’t update so I’m really sorry! But here’s my gift for you guys! ^^ I’ll update as much as I can. ‘Till the next chapter!

- Cheonsabyul <3