Chapter Two

Nostalgia

Chapter Two.


 Baekhyun. 

I stare at the door for a while as I watch her sister knock on her door for a while now. She’s sick. But how sick? I take steps closer to the her door and let my hand do the action.

“What are you doing?” Her sister asks.

“So Ah, can you open this door? I got the books.” I turn to Chanyeol and ask him to take the books. He returns with them and I waited for the door to unlock but it doesn’t. “Alright, I’ll wait in here until you want to read these with me.”

“What are you doing? She’s not going to unlock that until you leave!” I look up at her sister.

“Your name?”

“Se Ah.”

“Se Ah, did this happen before? Her locking the door?” She nods. “Did you stay and waited? Or did you leave and waited?” I can say she’s quite taken back with my question so I guess the answer is the latter. I smile. “I’m choosing the first one. I’ll wait. Besides I really wanted to read these.”

She chuckles and shakes her head. “You can stay for dinner.”

“Thank you.” Chanyeol laughs too and heads down with Se Ah saying that he’ll help preparing for dinner. I continue sitting until I hear the door unlocked. I look up as it opens and So Ah is scanning thinking that the coast is clear. She was about to go out when she sees me. I hold my foot in between so she can’t close the door. I stand and entered her room.

“I don’t think I asked for you to enter.” She says. I make myself comfortable on her bed and pat the space beside me.

“Where are you on the first book?”

“Baekhyun.”

“Are you afraid that I’ll avoid you just because you’re sick?” I pull her close and make her seat beside me. “You’re wrong. You told me you haven’t been out that often. Well, let me tell you something about people So Ah. You can’t easily judge them and stop them from caring about you.”

Her eyes are watery and I pinch her cheeks playfully. She chuckles and smiles. “Thank you. I’m not that good in talking.”

“I thought so. And about what you said earlier,” I rested both of my hands behind me as I stare at her. “You said that you think I like you?”

She flushes and clears . “Did.. Did I?”

I chuckle. “Oh, you’ve forgotten? That’s just minutes ago.” She’s still avoiding my look so and continue staring until her eyes falls on me. I smiled and she looks away again. “You’re not wrong.”

“I’m not?”

“Yeah.” I pull my feet up crossing them after removing my shoes. “I’ve been on two relationships but this is the first time I’ve ever fallen at first sight and fast.”

“You’re good at playing with words.”

I smile and pat her head. “I’m serious. Do you think I’m joking?”

“Guys do that. Just to impress girls. Se Ah told me that.”

I laugh. Her barrier is just getting too tall. “Want me to prove it?”

“How?”

“Smile for me. Stare at me deeply.”

She laughs but she’s blushing. “Why?”

“Good enough.” I stand and took her hand putting it on my chest. “Is that fast enough yet?” Her laugh disappeared but she’s staring at me. Feeling my heartbeat.

“Wow.”

I chuckle. “That’s unexpected.”

“You’re heart.. It’s amazing. A heart can beat this fast? Mine doesn’t even beat this fast. I’ll faint if I do.”

I don’t know how to react to what she said just know. That just gave me a lot of emotions all at once. I didn’t expect for a girl to make me react like this that fast. I want to touch her. I want to kiss her. But I’m afraid my urges would break her. She’s too fragile for me.

“Baekhyun, it’s going fast.” She says looking at my chest then to me. “Are you okay? Doesn’t your chest hurt?”

“Do you feel that? Does your chest hurt when your heart beats so fast?” She nods. I took her hand and hold it. I close my eyes feeling her pulse. It’s going fast. I smile opening my eyes and looked at her. “It’s going fast too. Your heart.”

She places her other hand on her chest. She takes her hand away from mine. “Am I getting sick again?”

I smile. “No you’re not. You look fine.”

“Then why..”

“So Ah, want me to help you get your heart beat like mine? We’ll do it slowly.”

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying, date me.”

She shakes her head. “No, you can’t date someone like me.”

“You’re not dying.”

“I might. If I don’t get any donor I will die.”

“That’s a ‘what if’. A possibility.”

She smiles. “You’re a good person Baekhyun. You deserve someone who’ll love you for a long time. A person like me isn’t that kind of person.”

“I just asked you out and I’m rejected.”

She chuckles. “You’ve been on relationships. You have to know better than me.”

I smile and nod. “Alright then.” I stand walking to the door but I stopped turning to her again. “So Ah.”

“Hm?”

“Come here.” She stands with a curious face and I pull her close kissing her. She gasps and I slide my hand on her wrist feeling her heartbeat. Feeling her. She’s just fine. I pull back and she stands there frozen. I lean again to kiss her softly wrapping my hand on her wrist like I’m feeling every beat that she’s giving me. The beat that I caused. I pull back and her eyes opened. “If by chance we meet again, I swear to God I won’t let you go and I’ll love you. I’ll let fate play with me if that’s the last thing I’ll do.”

She lets out a laugh and shakes her head. “Alright then. But I have my conditions.” I grin liking where this is going so I lean on the wall crossing my arms as I listen. “If by chance we meet again, I have to have another heart a brand new one. I’ll let fate play with me too. I’ll want to love you too because you took some of my firsts. My first kiss and my first fast heartbeat.”

I smile and kissed her forehead. “That’s a deal then.” I walk out from her door and took a last glance of her. “I won’t see you then. Because I’ll let fate play with me this day forward.”

She chuckles and waves me goodbye. But her goodbye is just the beginning for me. The beginning when fate played with me.