Chapter Eighteen (END)

Nostalgia

Last Chapter.


 So Ah. 

“You what?!”

“Shh! Lower your voice!”

“Oh, so that’s why he looks like heaven has fallen. Now I get it. He almost placed salt on his coffee earlier.” Chanyeol added. These guys aren’t really helping. In fact, they’re making me feel worse.

“I’m just surprised and don’t know what to do which is why I did that! But I really don’t intend to reject him!” Se Ah stands from her seat and looks at me but she's not talking. "What?"

"We're not the ones you should be telling that to. Baekhyun's out at work today and might be back tonight. Make sure to talk to him okay?" She stands and pulling Chanyeol with her. "Call me okay?"

I sigh and fell on my bed. I stare at the ceiling to think but nothing. I don't know what to do because I'm sure Baekhyun won't come tonight. He's hurt after all. I glance at the clock and it says six forty-five. I stand and headed to the kitchen to prepare the dinner. I don’t know if Baekhyun will be going here. Also, Mom and Dad will be on duty again tonight. I guess I’ll just make some just to be sure but I’m not getting my hopes up. Baekhyun’s upset at me after all.

I set the table after cooking the soup and cooking the vegetables. “Oh.” I look at the table and I set it up for two people. I must’ve done it by impulse. I’m so used to Baekhyun going here on weekends... and being in my life. I sit on my place and stare at Baekhyun’s seat. I’m already used to this. Him being everywhere and him always being with me. I look at the time and it’s already eight.

“I guess he’s not coming..” Despite of the thought, I can’t eat. I grab my phone and called him. I want him to come. It rang at first but then my call got disconnected. He’s really mad at me.. I sigh and I rest my head on the table and my eyes are getting heavy. “Baekhyun...”

****

I don’t feel the floor on my feet. I remember being in the dining table and I must’ve drifted to sleep. Am I still dreaming? Because I feel like I’m floating. I open my eyes and I see Baekhyun. Oh my god I am still dreaming. I reach over to his face and he looks down at me.

“I can touch him.” I smile. “I guess he’s not mad at me here. I can just keep on dreaming.”

He smiles setting me down on my bed and scoots in with me. I wish I can just keep on dreaming. “Did I wake you up?” He places his hand on the top of my head while looking down at me, his head resting on his hand. I stare at him as he pulls the covers up for me.

“Wake me up?” It takes a while for me to be able to process that. Oh-my-god. I sit up and slapped myself.

“So Ah! What are you doing?!” He grabs my hands my holds my cheeks. “Are you okay?” I turn red realizing that I’m not dreaming. This is true. He came. Tears are slowly eating me up. I’m so happy he’s here. “S..So?! Why are you crying-“ I wrap my arms around his neck. I miss him... I’m glad he’s here.

“You came.. you came!!” I hug him tighter. “I’m so sorry I said that... I’m just surprised... I really don’t intend to reject you Baekhyun! I’m so sorry.. please don’t be mad...”

He pulls me away and smiles kissing my forehead. He wipes my tears and holds my cheeks. “Is that why you’re crying?” I nod. “You thought I’m mad because you rejected me?” I nod again. He chuckles and pulls me closer to him. I look up at him and took a peak. He leans at the bed frame while looking down at me but he’s still not letting go. “I’m not mad So.”

“But you’re not answering my calls..”

He’s eyes widen like he just remembered something. He goes through his pocket and holds his phone out. “I forgot! When you called earlier I was at the bathroom. I got surprised when you called.” He laughs scratching the back of his neck. “I uh... I thought you don’t like me anymore which is why you rejected my proposal so I was anxious the whole day, then you called. I was surprised that it made me drop my phone on the sink. It got wet so it’s broken.”

I chuckle. So that’s why. “I’m sorry. I was just surprised when you proposed and um.. Oh but please don’t break up with me because of that okay?”

His expression turned serious. I gasp when he pins me to the bed. He lowers himself and I shut my eyes close. I wait for a kiss but I feel his head on the side of my neck instead. “Oh god.. I thought you don’t really like being married to me.. that scared me So. I was so fixed thinking about a future with you in it then you apologized. I was anxious on what to do on a life without you anymore. I was so used to you So Ah. You being everywhere.”

My eyes widen in surprise by what he said just now. It’s similar to how I feel. He looks down at me meeting his forehead with mine. I smile playing with his hair as it brushes on my fingers. “I guess we’re both the same huh? I’m not used to you not being with me anymore too.”

He smiles looking down at me chuckling. “I guess we both love each other madly huh?”

I laugh nodding. “Mm.”

He continues to stare this time he’s playing with my hair and lowers himself to kiss me. I gasp. “What?”

“Rule number one..”

“Oh.” My Dad actually has set rules for Baekhyun and I to follow if he wants to stay here with me during the weekend. And the first rule is no kissing in the bed if we’re alone. He said there’s nothing like an impulse and we can’t stop ourselves. Baekhyun sighs as he drops on my side. “I almost forgot that.”

I stare at him and I don’t want him to stop. I’m sure a kiss won’t be bad. We’ve done it a lot of times already and I wanted to kiss him right now. I sit up looking at him then lowered myself but he grabs my shoulders to stop me. “Wait So! We can’t! We promised your Dad.”

“But I wanted to kiss you Baek.” His eyes widen then I see him turning red. I realized what I said just now is so misleading. “W..Wait! It’s not like that I- Oh my god!” I gasp when he pulls me closer. He looks serious right now.

“Just a kiss won’t hurt unless we lose control right?” My heart skipped a beat on what he said just now. Especially on the word control. But I still nod. Oh no I have a bad feeling about this. “Then we’ll just kiss.”

He pulls me to him until our lips meet. He holds me on my back as we kiss. He does it slow then she shifts our position. Him getting on top of me. He pulls away kissing my neck. I chant control on top of my head. It’s just a kiss. Just-! I gasp when I think I just moaned. I sit up pushing Baekhyun. I shake my head. “S..Stop.”

He chuckles and hugs me. “I guess we can’t after all huh?” I nod. “God you’re addicting So Ah. I just can’t get enough of you.” I flush. I’m glad he can’t see me right now.

“I understand what Dad meant now..”

He laughs in agreement. “Yeah me too.”

“I guess Dads also knows best huh?”

He smiles kissing me. “Mm. I guess so.” He lays me in the bed and pulls me close to him. “I guess we can just sleep for now.”

I smile burying my face on his chest. His heart is beating as fast as mine. I smile as we share the same heartbeat. “Mm. I guess so.”

____________________________________________________

 Baekhyun. 

Shifting to my side and I reach searching for So Ah but I don’t feel anything. I open my eyes and felt a hand on mine. She’s grabs mine and smiles placing my hand on her cheek. “Good Morning.”

“You’re up early.” I say. She chuckles. She’s beautiful as ever.

“I watched you sleep that’s why.”

“I always do that which is why I wake up early.” She nods.

“Mm. Now I know why.” She holds my hand and I saw something on her hand. I sit up gasping. The ring is on her finger. “I went through your things. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Y..You’re wearing it.” She nods.

“Mm. I’m going to marry you after all.” Out of surprise, I stand on the bed with my eyes wide open.

“I’m not dreaming this time am I?”

So Ah laughs standing on the bed and kisses me. “How’s that?”

I smile and pull her close to me. “Can you ask me again?”

She chuckles and kisses me again. We both fell on the bed and she laughs. “Oh my god! We almost fell!”

I smile and hug her close. “Then this is real.” I stare at her for a while and played with her hair.

“I love you Baek.” I smile.

“You know what I’m going to ask you next.” I hear her chuckle.

“I love you.” She kisses my forehead. “I love you.” Then the tip of my nose. “I love you.” Then my lips. I chuckle. She knows me too well.

“I love you more.” I kiss her forehead. “I love you lots.” Then her neck. “I love you forever.” Then her lips. We do this every time we wake up each morning or whenever we feel like it. Reminding each other how we care and how I love her. She smiles brushing her thumb on my cheek. “We ought to get out of this bed now So. I’m afraid if we stay here much longer, I might not be able to stop myself because I’ve been wanting you since last night.”

She smiles and nodded. “Then up we go or Dad won’t allow you to stay here anymore.” She stands pulling me from the bed and I follow her to the kitchen. This just gets better and better.

____________________________________________________

 So Ah. 

I finish placing all of the folders that I finished for today and turned my desktop off. I gasp seeing Se Ah appear in front of me grinning. "Unnie!"

"I heard everything went well."

I smile standing and grab my bag. "Mm." I showed her the ring and she gasps squealing.

"You're wearing it!" I nod. "Oh my god you're going to get married!!" I laugh nodding. She hugs me as she jumps in joy. "Oh right! Did you tell Mom and Dad yet?!"

I shake my head as we walk to the elevator. "Not yet. We plan on telling them this weekend."

"Hm.. Then we should get you a dress for that then! Come on!"

"What? Unnie wait!" She pulls me with him and when we get outside Chanyeol and Baekhyun are waiting for us. "Baekhyun."

He smiles when he sees me and walks to me. "Hey," he takes my bag for me and kisses me. "How's work?"

"It went well." I reply.

"Why are you here?" Se Ah asks then looks at Chanyeol. "You didn't tell me that he's going to be here!"

"Oh didn't I?"

"Geez!" Chanyeol laughs and hugs her.

"Why are you upset?"

"Because I'm supposed to get So Ah a dress today and it's supposed to be a surprise! But now he's here!" Chanyeol continues to stare at my sister as she nags and I smile. He really loves her. "What? Why are you staring?"

"Nothing. You can just keep talking. I love it when I stare at you." She flushes and looks away.

"Sweet talk ain't going to change anything!" I laugh and Chanyeol nods.

"Fine. Then let's go and get her a dress."

"But-"

"You don't need her right? Everything that she has, you have it. You just have to try it, you're twins if I should remind you."

"Oh, right." Baekhyun laughs and shakes his head. "I'll make sure the dress is pretty Baek!"

"Anything would look good at my fiancé." He replies squeezing my shoulder and I smile looking at him. Chanyeol and Se Ah waves us goodbye and we watch them leave. "Shall we go? Aunt and Uncle are at home already."

I nod. Baekhyun drives on our way there and I laugh at how he's holding my hand as he is. "You should concentrate on driving Mr. Byun."

He chuckles and grins kissing my hand. "I have to charge myself Ms. Ahn. I can't get my chances when we're at your house. Your Dad's eyeing me all the time."

I laugh. "Because he likes you okay?" He nods and continued driving then we arrive our house. The door opens and Sohyun comes out.

"Sohyun? What are you doing here- Whoa!"

"Unnie!" She comes running to me and hugs me. "Show me the ring!"

"You know already? But we're-" she grabs my hand and her eyes sparkle at the sight of the ring. I smile.

"Who told you?!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"Oh my god! It's so pretty!" I laugh.

"You just got ignored Baek, she's not hearing you."

"Oppa, I must say that you have pretty good taste!" Baekhyun laughs. "Mom! They're here!!"

"I guess you're not being heard either Ms. Ahn." He holds my hand and we walk inside. They all yelled surprise and we're definitely surprised. There's a sign saying congratulations and I look at Baekhyun. "Did you tell them?"

I shake my head no. "I thought you did."

He shakes his head. "No, we're planning on telling them this weekend remember?"

"Oh right, but how-"

"It's me!" Mom exclaims. "I overheard you and Chanyeol talking the other day. I thought giving you both a surprise party would be nice!"

I smile. Mom always like surprises and I guess it won't stop yet huh? I walk over to her and hugged her. "Thanks Mom." She smiles caressing my hair.

"You're welcome honey. Mom is so happy for you. Look at you, you're going to be a bride now. I always thought Baekhyun will be a good match for you." She smiles looking at Baekhyun and extends her other hand to him. "Come here dear."

Baekhyun did as he was asked. "I give you now my permission for our little angel here. I know that you'll take care of her."

Baekhyun smiles holding Mom's hand back. "I will Auntie."

"Oh my, you should call me Mom now too right?"

"E..Eh?" Baekhyun flushes. I chuckle, he's embarrassed. He looks at me and I nod. "T..Thank you Mom."

"That sounds great doesn't it?" Mom says looking at Dad and Baekhyun's parents.

"Yes! So Ah, call me Mom now too okay?" I smile nodding at Baekhyun's Mom.

"I will Mom." They both squealed in joy and I laugh. Our Moms are just too cute. Baekhyun's dad pats my shoulder smiling.

"Thank you for accepting my son So Ah. I swear to you that he'll be a great husband. You can come to me if he fails though okay?"

"Dad!" Baekhyun whines. I chuckle.

"I will Dad." He smiles then I look at my Dad and he's at the kitchen. Baekhyun holds my hand and smiles.

"Can I handle this?" I nod.

"Thanks." I watch him as he walks to my Dad. I already know that everything will be okay.

____________________________________________________

Baekhyun.

I walk over to Uncle as he pours himself a glass of wine. I grab a glass and sat beside him. "Do you mind having someone to drink with?" I ask and he looks at me.

"She sent you here didn't she?"

"So Ah's worried sir." He smiles warmly pouring my glass some wine.

"I'm sorry I'm being immature. I'm happy for you both. I really am... but just thinking of the fact that she's getting married is just.." I smile and poured him some wine.

"It's fine sir, So Ah's your princess after all."

He smiles nodding. "I just can't believe it. She made it this far.. I thought that my daughter will be taken away from us back then which is why I'm too protective of her."

I nod. "You don't know how thankful I am for that sir. You worked hard just to make So Ah better. You worked hard out of everyone. So," I stand and bowed at him. "Thank you very much. For being So Ah's father and for treating me nicely."

I hear a chuckle and I raise my head looking at him. He pats the seat next to him and nods. I went back to my seat and he pats my head. "You know what I'm thinking right now?" I stare at him in confusion because I don't know what to say indeed. "This guy beside me, Baekhyun will definitely make my princess happy. And I think he'll love her more than he'll love himself. Oh, I think he already does." He stands and ruffles my hair. "Thank you Baekhyun. I'll now entrust my princess to you." He looks to the side and gestured So Ah to walk to us. So Ah smiles and runs.

"What's wrong Dad?"

"Come here." He hugs both of us and I gasp in surprise.

"S..Sir?!"

"Dad." I look at him and he's smiling at me. "I'm your Dad now too Byun Baekhyun."

I smile and nod. "Thank you... Dad." So Ah smiles looking at me and she hugs both of us.

****

I throw myself in the bed and I'm so tired. Our mothers are just so excited for the wedding that they've been pulling us here and there. Today, So Ah and I went with my Mom to try on different cakes and then in the afternoon So Ah's Mom called us to check on the wedding invitations and who's going to be what for the wedding. Then I headed back to work with lots of things waiting to be finished. I never expected getting married is this hard.

"Baekhyun, you want some tea?" I look at So Ah and nodded. I smile watching her make my tea. I guess everything will be worth it at the end. I have her after all. She walks to me and hands me my tea. "I'm sorry, Mom's just too excited about things."

I chuckle. "Don't worry about it. My Mom is too." I put the tea down and spread my arms. She chuckles and climbed on the bed with me. I hug her from behind and rested my chin on her shoulder. She holds my fingers and played with it.

"It's hard isn't it?" I nod.

"It's fine though, I have you." I kiss her cheek and she giggles. I look the familiar book on her shelf and remembered something. She notices my expression and looks up at me.

"What is it? Why are you smiling?"

"Nothing. I just remembered something nostalgic."

"Hm? What is it?"

I point at the book and she gasps. She jumps off the bed and grabs it then goes back to her place. She grabs my arms placing it around her. Isn't that just cute?

"I remember this!" I nod looking at the book with her.

"I guess I have to thank Sohyun for it. If she didn't make me read that I won't be able to meet you." She smiles leaning on me.

"Hm... I wonder if we're really meant to meet that time."

I chuckle. "Do you doubt fate that brought us here now?"

She laughs and reaches for my hair. She loves playing with it whenever I'm close to her. "You and that fate thing again. But I guess I agree with you on that."

"Mm." Then she smiles widely this time. "What?"

She giggles. "It's just a lot."

"A lot of what?"

"Nostalgia. There a lot of it whenever I think of you." I stop for a moment and nod.

"Now that you mentioned it, I think I get it too." She smiles reaching for my cheeks.

"I guess you're my nostalgia Mr. Byun." I smile leaning down kissing her. She giggles when I kiss the back of her neck. She's always ticklish there. She laughs then when I continue to tickle her. I just love seeing her this way. This moment is just perfect. "Baekhyun wait! Hahaha! Stop!"

I hug her close this time and she hugs me back. "So Ah."

"Alright," she smiles brushing her thumb on my cheek. "I love you." She kisses my forehead. "I love you." Then my cheek. "I love you." I smile.

I lean to her this time and I kiss her forehead. "I love you more." Then her neck. "I love you lots." Then I stare at her eyes smiling and then I kiss her lips. "I love you my nostalgia."


And it’s done! I know I have been saying this for a lot of times already but I really am thankful for you my dear readers TT.TT I didn’t expect that it would turn out this good hahah! Thank you for all the subscriptions and comments y’all! I love you all so so much! So I was thinking of writing a Sehun fic next so what y’all think? Hahaha! I have a plot in mind though but I’ll work on it so I hope it’ll turn out okay too ^^ ‘Till my next fic <3 Cheonsabyul signing out for now ^^

- Cheonsabyul <3