Chapter Thirteen

Nostalgia

Chapter Thirteen.


 So Ah. 

My head hurts. My head hurts badly and I’m so thirsty. I rise on my chest and look around. This is not my room and definitely not our house. It looks familiar though. I gasp sitting up and saw Se Ah beside me as she sleeps.

“Why are we here?” I got off the bed and headed out. I saw Chanyeol and Minseok sunbae preparing breakfast. “What are you doing?”

“Oh, good morning.” Sunbae says.

“They don’t do good mornings. They do eating.” Chanyeol says preparing the table for four.

“Did we just slept over?” I ask Chanyeol.

“Yeah, you both were so drunk that we can’t go home.”

“I got drunk?”

“Yeah, you don’t remember?”

“No.” I reply sitting on the table. It’s the first time that I got drunk. “I didn’t do anything strange right?”

“You mean not singing on top of the table and sing on the top of your lungs like your sister? No you didn’t.” I laugh. Chanyeol places a bowl of hangover soup in front of me. “I know you hate spicy food but  have that today. You really have a bad hangover.”

I groan. “I know.” I noticed that sunbae’s quiet. I wonder what’s wrong. I hear the door open and Se Ah comes out in a mess.

“Water...” Chanyeol hands her a glass of water and pulled her chair for her. I smile. They are acting like a married couple tight now. “Ugh, god how much did I drink last night? My head feels like it’s going to break in two..”

“I tried to stop you. Why did you even drink so much?” Chanyeol scoops her a serving of hangover soup and places it on the table. “Now eat.”

I stand going over to Sunbae’s and helped him put the side dishes on the table. “Are you okay?” I ask.

“Yeah.” He smiles but it’s not that fine smile he’s talking about. Something’s up.

____________________________________________________

I spent my day looking at Sunbae because he’s acting weird ever since this morning. He didn’t even talk much during lunch and I’m starting to get worried. Is he remembering Haesoo? I hope not because he seemed fine when we ate dinner. I keep on asking him but he rebuts that he’s totally fine which I don’t see. I head to the org room and continue on my work. Our org has been granted an opportunity to release Kwanghee sunbae’s and Yerin sunbae’s work for the upcoming literature week and I’m so happy for them. Every bookworm wants to be an author but not everybody gets to have their work published.

“You’re here?” Baekhyun greeted. He’s wearing eyeglasses. Oh my god he’s wearing eyeglasses.

“Yeah..” I reply taking the seat across him.

“I actually need your help. I just finished one-fourth of the proofreading on Kwanghee sunbae’s part and we still have to do Yerin sunbae’s.” He looks good on glasses. I just can’t stop staring at him. “So Ah?”

“Huh? Ah, yeah! I’ll do hers.” I can just mentally slap myself. Am I still drunk? I know I’m assigned to the same part as Baekhyun but I didn’t agree to this just to stare at him in his glasses. He’s not asking you to wait So Ah. I open my bag and look for my glasses and put them on. I stare at myself as I look at my reflection on the computer. Why am I not looking good with my glasses on? Baekhyun’s just perfectly handsome in his. “Oh, do I start from the beginni-“

When I turn to him he looks surprised. His hand extends to my cheek and I am frozen as ice right now. I have no idea what it is that he is doing. Baekhyun’s phone rings and we both flinch in surprise. “Yeah, but I can spare a while. Alright, I’ll see you there.”

“Meeting someone?” I watch him as he takes off his glasses putting it on the table.

“Yeah, I’ll be back in a while.”

“Alright.” After Baekhyun have left, I went back to work. The door opens and Kwanghee sunbae enters together with Jinyoung and Yerin Sunbae.

“Oh! You’re here?”

“Yes, Baekhyun and I have been finishing this but he got called by someone.” I reply.

“I see. Good luck!!” I chuckle as Yerin sunbae nags Kwanghee sunbae about telling me good luck. These three are always make the org room lively.

Do you want me to kiss you?

I freeze. That, I suddenly remember something from last night. “Oh my god..”

“So Ah?” I grab my bag and searched for my phone. I scroll through Minseok sunbae’s number and called him.

“Hello?”

“Sunbae? Where are you?” I dash outside even though I don’t know where Sunbae is yet. I just have to go to him as soon as I can!

“Oh I’m in the court. Why?-“ I hang up placing my phone on my pocket and ran to the court.
 

____________________________________________________

 Baekhyun. 

Minseok sunbae tosses me the ball when his phone rings. “Hello?”

I dribbled the ball then took a shot from the ring. “Ah, it went in.”

“I’m in the court. Why-“ I grab the ball as it bounced back to me and I turn to sunbae.

“Something wrong?” I ask.

“Never mind that. Pass it to me.” And I did. He grabs the ball and shoots it. He jogs to the other side and waited for the ball to go to him. “I love So Ah.” He passes the ball to me and I’m surprised that I got the ball when I was dumbfounded with what he said.

“Oh..” I take my stance and shoot the ball but it failed to go in. “Ah-“

“’Oh’? That’s all?” He scoffs. “Then how about this,” he grabs the ball when it fell on the ground and takes his stance shooting it on the ring. “I kissed her last night.” The ball was going to me but I failed to grab it. “I finally got through you.” He chuckles.

“You...kissed her?”

“Yeah, want to know why?” He takes his stance again and shoots the ball. I didn’t reply because half of me does and half doesn’t. Him kissing her means that she let him. It’s not half-hearted. “I’ll tell you anyway.” He throws the ball but it didn’t go in. I watch the ball as it reaches the ground but he doesn’t take it. “So Ah’s drunk. She thought it was you she’s talking to. Then she asked me to kiss her. I couldn’t help myself.”

Anger rose in me and I grab the shirt attempting to punch him but I can’t. I have no right to. “Why did you do that? You shouldn’t have done that to her!”

“YOU THINK YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO SAY THAT TO ME BAEKHYUN?!” I freeze. It’s a first that I saw him get this angry. “She’s miserable! She wanted you so bad and I can’t just leave her there hanging! I... I like her so bad to the point that I think I even love her!”

I ball my fist in frustration. “Why are you telling me this?”

“Because you know that she likes you! How can you just let her hope for nothing-“

“I’M NOT!” I snapped. “I’m not letting her wait for nothing! I didn’t even ask her to wait! I’m a bastard! I’m scared that if I go back to her she might get even hurt! It’s better this way!”

“You.. You know that it’s So Ah that you like?” I gasp realizing what I’ve said just know. I told myself that I won’t tell this to anybody. It’s better if I only get hurt in this.

“I never stopped loving her. Even one bit.”

“Then, how about Se Ah?”

“Se Ah has nothing to do with this. She’s different. I thought I like her but it turns out it was just a fling okay? I didn’t told So Ah about this because she seems to be happy with you. It’s So Ah. I realized it just now but I think it has always been So Ah. I thought I’ll be okay if she’s with you but..” I sigh walking to the ball and grab it. I take my stance and shoot it to the ring. “I love her. So I won’t give her to you Hyung.”

He was surprised after I called him hyung after a while and smiled. “Hear that So Ah?”

“Wha-” I tried to process what he said just now because I think he’s looking behind me. “So Ah-“ She’s there. So Ah’s standing behind us surprised.


UPDATE!! Okay! this chapter got me so many feels right now hahaha! I know that some of you will love this too because I also fangirled while writing this XD This is also making me sad becayse we're almost at the end :'( But! I'll make thee ending real good for y'all so look forward to it okay? Love you all lots!!

- Cheonsabyul <3