Chapter Seventeen

Nostalgia

Chapter Seventeen.


 Se Ah. 

He's staring at me widely-eyed and frozen but I don't have time for this. I run pass through him and headed out scanning the place for a cab. Luckily, there is one, but I think it's going to pass through us or it doesn't..

"Onee-san!"

"K..Kento?!"

"Hey! What is this?!" I finally hear Chanyeol talk after a long time. Hearing his voice makes my heart act crazily. I miss his voice. His voice just gives me nostalgia. Kento opens the door for us and I help him as he gets Yuuki from me. I turn grabbing Chanyeol.

"What are you doing?! Faster!" He gasps when I pulled him. I know he's confused with what’s happening but the explanation shall be saved later. "Oh." Now that I stare at what I'm wearing, I'm still in my pajamas. Now that's just great. "Oh my god!" I remember that I left the bike in front of their house. I hear a laugh and I turn seeing Chanyeol laughing.

"You still haven't changed." He gives me a pat in a head which made my heart leap in joy, crazy. My heart doesn't leap in joy. It is not 'Se Ah-like' "Yuuki? How is she?"

"She's still in pain Aniki.." I pat Kento's head. I can see myself in him. It's just like So Ah and me whenever she gets an attack.

"She'll be fine. I just know it. I've been there."

When we arrive at the hospital, Yuuki was taken away to the emergency room and then we all sat outside as we wait. I stare at the guys and their both worried. Chanyeol already contacted their parents and will be here soon. I hate that I have to watch this when I went through this in the past. It’s hard and the waiting game kills because you may never know what news that the doctor will bring once he gets out of the room. We waited for an hour and so until the doctor talks to Chanyeol. He sighs in relief and tells us that Yuuki is fine. But for me it’s not because Yuuki is in the same situation as So Ah back then. She’s in danger.

She was brought to a room and I followed them there. Then my phone rings. It’s Baekhyun. “Hey.”

“Is everything fine? Where are you? You’re not answering our calls.”

“I’m at the hospital.”

“You’re where?! Why? What happened?! Are you okay?!”

I chuckle. “I’m fine. It’s Chanyeol sister.” Chanyeol glances at me and I mouthed Baekhyun. He nods and gives me a faint smile.

“Text me the place. We’re going there.”

“Alright.” And I did. I place my phone back on my pocket and pat Kento’s head. He looks at me surprised and I smile.

What’s with the long face? She’ll be okay. The doctor said so right?” He sighs and gives me a smile nodding.

I can’t thank you enough Onee-san.”

It’s alright.” I hear the chair move from behind and saw Chanyeol approaching us. He looks different from how I remember him to be. He’s giving me that sad aura and I can’t see his bright face anymore.

Why is she here? Did you call her?” He asks Kento.

“Wait, Chanyeol, Kento-“

“I’m not talking to you.” He disrupts me coldly and I gasp in surprise. He’s fine earlier. What’s happening now? “Answer me Kento!”

I called her! Because I thought you might cheer up a bit okay? What’s wrong with it anyway?”

Her being here is wrong! She has nothing to do with this family okay?! She’s not supposed to be here in the first place!

Wow. That came in with a huge pang. It’s like he doesn’t need me and doesn’t want to see me even. “Sorry. But I came here for Yuuki and Kento. That! That has got nothing to do with you either!”

“Wait! Se Ah! I-“ I slap his hand away and glared at him. I turn heading to the door and walked out. I ran to where the exit is and tears are blurring my vision. Ah, now when I’ve heard his voice again, this happened.

____________________________________________________

 Chanyeol. 

I did it again. I’ve said things that I didn’t mean. I hate it that she’s being friendly with my brother. I hate it that she ran because Kento called her. But I missed her. I missed her voice. Her, looking at me. But I pushed her away. I sigh running to the door and looked for her.

"Damn it." I run to the hallway, down to the stairs and saw her to the exit. I run faster and grabbed her hand. She gasps when she sees me. She's crying.

"What are you-" I pull her with me as I head to the bus stop. She's going back to her bike at our home. "Wait! Where are you taking me?!"

I ignore her because that's what I always do when I'm on the top of my emotions. I just lost it earlier because she's caring for another guy and it's not me. I always lose control when it's that way. Back with Baekhyun too. When we reach our stop I stand and take her with me. "Hey! I asked where you're taking me! You don't have a right to be mad at me right now! You're the one who started it! I went here to help you and-" she stops talking when she realized where we are. "Oh."

I walk ahead making her bike stand and smiled at her. "You know how to ride one now."

She flushes and looks away. "B..Baekhyun taught me."

"I see." I felt a huge pang in my heart. I know Baekhyun's dating So Ah but he's still the one being there for her. And I'm here far away from her. "You should change your clothes before you go back."

"Ah! That's right!" I chuckle at her reaction. She's still cute as ever.

"Come with me." I open the door for her and toss her a towel. "Get yourself a bath and I'll get you some clothes. Mom might have some that'll fit you."

"Eh?! But it's fine! I'll just-"

"Go on." She sighs in defeat heading to the bathroom. I walk over to Mom's room and grab the box where she placed her old clothes back when she's still at my age. I don't know much about girl's clothes but I know much about Se Ah's tastes so I grab a dress that I think she'll wear.

"C..Chanyeol?" Se Ah called from the bathroom.

"Yeah?"

"I.."

"What?"

She's flushing as she peeks from the door. "I need a change of underwear... And.."

"Oh, it's that time of the month huh?"

"D..Don't say that so casually!" I chuckle.

"Don't worry, I have Yuuki and Mom at the house so I know it. I'll get you a change of it then."

"T..Thanks." I take all of the things that she need and placed it in front of the door when it suddenly opens. I gasp in surprise and fall on the floor. Se Ah’s surprised to and I looked away seeing her. “OH MY GOD!!!” She shuts the door close and I feel hot all of a sudden. I know she’s embarrassed but I am too!

“I...I didn’t see anything! Besides! It was not bad to look at!” What the hell am I saying?!

“Which is it?! You did see did you?!”

“I..I didn’t!! I swear!” The door slides a bit and I see Se Ah peek through the door. She’s all red and her hair’s dripping.

“T..Thanks. F..For the clothes and the other things!” She shuts the door close and I chuckle.

____________________________________________________

 Se Ah. 

Staring at the table, I can hear Chanyeol as he showers. I know he told me that he didn’t see anything but it still bothers me. I flinch at the sound of a phone ringing and I scan the place looking for it. It’s not my phone so I guess that was Chanyeol’s. When I found his phone, I missed the call and the screen says it’s Kento. I snap back from reality. I’m happy right now being with Chanyeol but I forgot why I’m here in the first place. That’s right, after all of this, we will be apart again.

“What?” I felt something dripping on my shoulder and I turn gasping. “Oh my!” I almost tripped in surprise seeing Chanyeol just getting out of the bath. “Dress yourself will you?!”

He laughs. “Is this the first time you saw me like this? You’re acting like a girl now.” I flush. I am acting like one because I know see you as a guy stupid!

“K..Kento called but I missed it.” The smile on his face immediately disappeared and I hate that I am not seeing his bright face often. I’m getting even more worried. He opens his phone and shows it to me.

“Baekhyun and the others are there.”

“Oh! Then we have to hurry. Go on and dress up! I’ll go out and buy some fruits for Yuuki while you do-“ The moment I turn he wraps his arms around me. I feel him rest his head on my shoulder and his breath is passing through my neck. This is not good for me really.

“If... If we go back now, that means I can’t have you by myself anymore won’t I?”

“Wai-Waa!” He sent shivers through my spine when I felt his lips on my neck which makes me weak so he holds me against him but that only makes my knees even weaker. “W..Wait Chany-“

“Why did you come for me?” I freeze at his question. His hugging me tighter now but it’s not suffocating. “Se Ah?”

It’s going to leap out. My heart’s going to leap out and I’m going crazy. I hold his arms around me. “Even I told you why it doesn’t matter right? We will be apart once everything’s over. We can’t take that.” I smile and grab the towel on his shoulder. “You’ll catch a cold if you don’t dry yourself up.”

“Do you love me? Is that it?” He looks at me surprised but still asking that question. I nod and he’s turning red all of a sudden. “Really?”

I chuckle. “Is it that surprising?”

“I’m just happy..”

I smile wrapping my arms around him. “Mm. And I missed you too which is why I’m here. But we can’t be more than what we are right now okay? You’re family needs you.”

I feel a faint nod and he smiles. “Right now.”

I nod. “Get dressed.”

“Not until I get this.” I gasp when he pulled me with his force and kisses me. I can feel his lips on mine as he does it slowly. He helps me sit on the table but doesn’t let go of me. “I love you.” He said and continues to kiss me. I don’t say it back because if I do, I’m afraid I’ll just confuse him on his situation right now.

****

Chanyeol’s a good big brother to Kento and Yuuki and I’ve seen it with the time I’ve been here. It’s like our vacation turned to be a time where I can see how he’s doing and I’m glad he’s well.

“I can ask my Dad to take a look at Yuuki if you want Auntie.”

“Will that be alright Se Ah?”

I nod smiling. “Mm. He became a doctor for So Ah and I’m sure he would like to take a look at Yuuki. She’s the same as So Ah back then.”

“I’m sure she’ll be fine Auntie. Look at me.” I nod looking at So Ah. Now that I remember it, she’s been through a lot and look at her now. “You can go with us when we go back to Korea tomorrow Auntie.”

“That would be nice. Thank you both of you!!”

And that’s what happened which is why Yuuki and the others would be going with us now. Chanyeol and I haven’t talked ever since that time at their house. We got to know each other’s feelings but I don’t think that’s what matters right now. If we’re truly for each other, I guess things will go on its own way. I chuckle at the thought. So this is what believing in fate means huh? Now I get what Baekhyun meant back then. He prioritized So Ah’s recovery before anything else and look at them, they’re really meant for each other.

“Unnie?” I turn. So Ah holds my hand giving me that worried look. “Are you alright?”

I nod. “I’m fine So.”

“That’s good, but-“ her eyes directed to Chanyeol. “Are you sure you’re fine with how things are now? You know how you both felt with each other.”

“Mm. I think family’s first. That’s how it always should be.” She smiles.

“That’s why you’re both so alike.” I chuckle. We hear the pilot announces our arrival and that we’ll be landing shortly. I check on Yuuki and she’s feeling fine which is good.

“Then, I’ll drive them to the hospital. Are you both sure you’re fine taking the cab?” Baekhyun asks So Ah.

“Mm. We have Sunbae and Yeri with us so we’ll catch up after dropping our things off.”

Baekhyun smiles then hugs So Ah. I smile at the sight. I’m glad he’s looking after So Ah this much. I don’t think I have nothing to worry about now. “Se Ah.”

“Yeah?”

“You okay?” Chanyeol asks.

I smile. “Mm. I’m alright.”

His expression doesn’t change and sighs. “Se Ah, I-“ he stops in the middle of what he’s going to say. He looks down. I wonder if he’s okay.

“What is it?”

He forces a smile and shakes her head. “Nothing. I’ll see you later.”

“Hm? Alright then.”

____________________________________________________

 Chanyeol. 

When we got to the hospital for Yuuki to be examined, Uncle told us that Yuuki won’t be needing a transplant and that she’ll only need to undergo surgery which is why it’s a huge sigh of relief for us. She was admitted here and her surgery will take place in two days so I guess we’ll be staying until then.

Aniki.” I turn to Kento and place the water that I got for Yuuki. “Aren’t you going to where Se Ah onee-chan is?

“Se Ah? Why?”

Why?! Is that even a question?! You know how she feels about you! Why can’t you just do it properly?!

I sat beside Yuuki and pull the covers up for her. “Lower your voice. Yuuki just slept.”

But Aniki!”

She doesn’t want it. Us being in that kind of relationship. Yuuki is sick after all I have to be with her.” I felt a hand hold mine and I turn seeing Yuuki smile at me. “Y-Yuuki! Are you feeling okay?”

She nods. “But I don’t think Onee-chan is.” I process who she’s referring to and I guess it’s Se Ah. They’ve been close while she’s staying in Japan for their vacation after all. “Onee-chan’s dad told me that I’ll be fine after the surgery Onii-chan. You don’t have to worry about me now right? He said that the surgery can be done here. We don’t have doctors telling me that they can’t treat me anymore.” She smiles holding my hand tight. “And besides, Onee-chan will be here soon.”

What?” The door slams open and Se Ah appears as she catches her breath. “Se Ah.”

Yuuki chuckles. “Yuuki! Are you okay? Do you need me to call my Dad?!”

I get what’s happening here. I chuckle and pinched Yuuki’s cheeks. “You did this didn’t you?”

She smiles and looks at Se Ah. “Onee-chan’s tired from running. Can you buy her a drink Onii-chan?”

But-“

“I got her Aniki. Mom and Dad will be here in a while anyway. Go ahead.” Kento says and I sigh in defeat. I turn to Se Ah and she’s looking confused.

“Let’s go.”

“To where? But Yuuki is-“

“Let’s go.” I grab her hand and take her with me. When we got outside she takes her hand back and I look at her. “Se Ah.”

“What are you doing?”

I know what she’s talking about. “I tried to hold back Se Ah. Those five years that we’ve been away, I tried so hard to be distant from you because I know I left without even telling you but,” I chuckle at my thought. I never thought I’ll be saying this when I laughed at it before. “I guess fate kept on pushing me to go back to you. Just like how Baekhyun said it is for him back then.”

Se Ah laughs. “I thought of the same thing.”

I smile. “Then, will you go on a date with me today Ahn Se Ah?”

She smiles nodding. “If you insist.”

____________________________________________________

 Se Ah. 

I never thought things would turn out this way now huh? We kept on pushing each other for a while now then we always come back together. I chuckle Chanyeol notices and looks at me.

“What?”

“Nothing. So? Where are we going? Do we just keep on walking like this?” He stops walking and stares at me. I get a bad feeling about this so I’m hoping it’s not what I think. “You... Do you perhaps don’t know where to go?”

“Will you yell at me if I tell the truth?” I sigh. I’m right after all.

“Let’s just go home.”

“Wait! Se Ah!” He stops me by walking in front of me with both of his hands spread on his side. “I’m so sorry! This is all just too sudden and my siblings just forced me to do this and I don’t have anything planned.. I’m just glad to be with you just by walking and I honestly don’t know where to go right now...” I smile as I watch him fidget. His hair has gotten longer now that I looked at him. And.. He’s so tall. I like tall guys but I’ve never seen him this tall before. “S..Se Ah?”

I gasp realizing what I’m doing. I’m not having erted thoughts am I? That’s so embarrassing! “We can just stay home you know? Since.. you like being with me..” I waited for a reply but I hear nothing. I look at him and he’s flushing. “What?”

“N..Nothing.”

“Let’s go then.”

“W..Wait!” I stop and look at him. “A...Are you sure about this?”

I don’t get what he’s being all fidgety for when we’re alone most of the time at home back then. “Yeah. Let’s go.”

****

He’s being weird. I don’t know why but this guy is being weird. He usually drive calmly and he’s calm always but why is he being like this all of a sudden?! We took five minutes just for him to be able to park the car and now he’s staring at my door.

“Aren’t you going in?”

“You didn’t tell me you live alone now!”

“Well I work around here so I got an apartment near it. Now you know right? And what’s with you?! Why are you being weird?!”

“Because I thought Baekhyun and So Ah will be here and now we’re alone!!”

“I told you already we’re gonna go home! What’s wrong with you-“

“It’s because I don’t think I can trust myself if we’re alone okay?!”

“What?” I look at him and he’s staring straight at me all flushed. He walks inside and shuts the door close as he approaches me.

“I’m a guy you know?” I flinch when my back hits the wall. Oh, so this is why he’s all fidgety about... WAIT. That’s right! Why do I just have to realize it now?! “Guessing by your looks, now you understand what I’m saying right?” His hands hold my cheek and now I’m being all nervous.

“Wait, Chan-!” He leans close to kiss me and it’s staring. My heart is going crazy. He carries me to the coach and crawls on top of me. I feel his other hand slide from my cheek to my neck then he lowers himself kissing it. Oh my god, are we really doing this?! “Chan wait-“ we both froze when the door opens.

“I’m sure she won’t mind if we cook the food h-“ So Ah’s eyes widen and I realize why. Chanyeol’s on top of me.

“Why? What’s wrong-“ Baekhyun gasps and grabs So Ah hugging her. “DO YOU GUYS KNOW HOW TO LOCK THE DOOR WHEN YOU’RE DOING SOMETHING?!”

I gasp. “This is my place! Do you think something’s definitely wrong here?! And... it’s not what you think!” I hear a laugh and Chanyeol gets off me. I can’t believe he’s laughing right now. He walks to the vegetable that So Ah dropped in surprise and brings them at the kitchen.

“Are you cooking this?” He asks.

“Oh, yeah!” So Ah hurries to the kitchen and works with Chanyeol. Well that ended fast. I look back at Baekhyun and he’s flushing. I chuckle.

“You’re really flushing over that? Are you a kid?”

“I..I’m not! I’m just surprised Chanyeol did that!”

“Why? Can’t I kiss my girlfriend?” My heart leaps at the word. He just called me his girlfriend. Se Ah being all happy again which is not like the usual Se Ah. He looks at me and smiles. “Come here.” I flush and walked to him. He hugs me and looks at Baekhyun. “Can’t I do this?”

So Ah smiles. “I’m happy for you both.”

I smile back. “Thanks.”

“But will you go to Japan after Yuuki’s surgery Chanyeol?” I freeze hearing So Ah’s question. That’s right, I forgot about that because I was too happy with him. I look at him and he stares right through me and smiled.

“No. Mom told me to stay. She got me a place already.” He replied as he smiles at me. I give him a smile of relief. So he’s staying huh? “Are you that glad? I can see right through you.”

I nod hugging him. “Very.”

Baekhyun walks over to the kitchen and sighs. But he has something on his hand. My eyes widen seeing what it is. Is it?! “Baekhyun, is that-“ he gasps and grabs me then pulls me with him until we’re in my room.

“Don’t ruin it!”

“Oh, so you’re going to propose to my sister? That’s bad then, we’re here. You should do it somewhere else.”

He sighs. “I don’t know how to do it..”

I laugh. “Just ask her out okay? You don’t need to do something special because that ring will make it so.”

He sighs again nodding. “I’ll try then.”

____________________________________________________

  So Ah. 

After eating our lunch, I can’t seem to find Baekhyun at the kitchen so I decided to look around and saw him at the veranda. “Baekhyun?”

He flinches and drops something on the floor. “No!” He jumps to grab it before I can see it and sighs in relief.

“Are you okay?”

“Y..Yeah.” His phone rings and he sighs. “I have to get back to work...” I smile and nod.

“Alright. I’ll see you later then.” He walks to me and hugs me for a while. “Baekhyun? Is something wrong after all?”

“So Ah, can you wait for me to go home later? I’ll try my best to go to you as soon as I can.”

“Hm? It’s fine with me but what for?” He smiles and kisses my forehead.

“I’ll tell you later okay?”

“Alright.”

“I love you.” I smile and nod.

“I love you too. See you later!” He waves at me and leaves. I wonder what that is about?

****

When Baekhyun asked me to wait for him earlier I decided that I’ll wait for him for dinner since today’s the weekend. Baekhyun goes at our house on the weekend because Dad and Mom don’t come home that often. And since Se Ah got a place near her work, he’s worried about me being alone in the house. I look at the clock and it’s almost nine. He’s late today and I’m getting hungry already. I rested my head on the table as I wait and I’m getting all drowsy.

Ah...” Hm?

So... Ah?” I gasp opening my eyes. I see Baekhyun staring at me. “So Ah?”

“Oh! Did I fall asleep?”

“I’m sorry. It’s because I asked you to wait.” I smile shaking my head.

“It’s alright. Welcome back.” He smiles and stares. I wait for him to say something but he doesn’t talk. “Baekhyun?”

“So this is how it feels being welcomed back.” He places his things down at the chair and pulled a small box on his pocket. “So Ah, I know this is sudden and all but ever since we got together, I felt nothing but being happy when you’re with me. So,” when he opens the small box, my body freezes. It’s a ring. “So Ah, will you marry me?”

My mind went blank and he’s staring at me for a reply. I don’t know what to do and to say. “I.. I uh...” My hands are starting to shake and I don’t know what’s happening to me.

“So Ah-“ I step back from here standing from my seat.

“I’m sorry!” I ran back to my room locking it. What have I done?


Much much feels right? HAHAHA! Last chapter is up next though TT.TT I hope y’all will like it ^^

- Cheonsabyul <3