Chapter Fifteen

Nostalgia

Chapter Fifteen.


 Se Ah. 

“You’re going to a what?!” What this guy told me just now made me stand on my feet!

“A meeting. The guys said that they’re short on guys. What do they call it? Ugh, but I think it’s like a goukon in Japan.”

“Why?!” Chanyeol looks at me and grins. “W..Why are you looking at me like that?”

“I won’t go if you don’t want me to Se Ah.”

“Wha- Why would I ask you not to go? I’m not your girlfriend or anything!”

“So you want me to go?”

“Suit yourself!”

“Alright then.”

I gasp when he really left. This guy is going out of his mind. He doesn’t go to such events! Why is he going now? He’s good-looking.. I’m sure he’ll get a girlfriend there. “Unnie?” I turn seeing So Ah and Baekhyun. It’s been a week since these two started going out and I’m surprised this is nothing to me anymore. I wonder why though?

“Oh! You’re here?”

“Mm. Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked.

“Ugh, he went to meet some girls.”

“He’s cheating on you head on?!” So Ah exclaimed and I flicked her forehead.

“Dummy, there’s nothing going on with us so there’s no cheating or anything. Let’s go, I wanna go home.” I head out of the classroom but I felt Baekhyun stop me. “Baekhyun?”

“Are you really okay about this?”

“I am.” I reply and followed So Ah. We make our way to the car and Baekhyun starts driving. Because Chanyeol isn’t going home with is today Baekhyun will be taking us home. Baekhyun asked us if we’re hungry and I told them that I’m fine but So Ah is so we headed to go and find something to eat.

“Something in particular that you wanted to eat?” He asks So Ah. Must be nice for her to have a caring boyfriend huh? I’m expecting to get myself to cry for this because I definitely once liked Baekhyun but why am I not worrying about this? Not even a tear that I shed.

“Sweets! I like to eat sweets now.”

“Then let’s just head to the café on the intersection.”

“Mm!” Ugh so this is how it’s like to be the third wheel. I want to go home.

The bell on the cafe rings the moment that we enter. I told them that I’ll be fine with just anything that had strawberries in it so I headed to the booth to sit down when, “Se Ah?” That guy is here! Of all places?! Why is this happening? There are a lot of cafes in Seoul and why do we have to end up in one place?! Damn this!

“Oh god.” I turn and it’s too late. Baekhyun and So Ah are back with the desserts on hand. I sigh in defeat and just sat on the booth. “Let’s eat this fast shall we?”

“Okay, but...” So Ah looks at Chanyeol. “I thought you’re going to the meeting.”

“I am, over there.” Chanyeol pointed at the nearby booth and lucky for him there are girls waiting. “Did you follow me here?”

I grab the fork and started munching on the cake. Wow, this is good. “Uh this is pure coincidence Chan. I was hungry so..”

“I see..”

“Channy!! Come back here!!” A girl called. I chuckle in disbelief. Channy? What’s with that?!

“Unnie, are you okay?”

“I’m totally fine.”

I reply but something’s wrong with me. My insides are going tingly all of a sudden that it’s weird. What the hell is wrong with me?

****

The moment I finished my food, I told So Ah and Baekhyun that I’ll be going on ahead. I don’t want to be a third wheel for them so I left as fast as I can so they can’t hold me back. I walk to the bus stop and waited for my ride. I’m getting bored so I do what I usually do at time like this. Count people that are dressed in whatever color that I like. Today I’ll choose black.

“One, two, three,” I stare straight and the numbers continue to increase. Do people like to dress in black these days? It’s like a trend. “Sixteen, seventeen, eighte-“ I stop when a guy stands in front of me. I look up at him giving him a weird look. “Excuse me, you’re blocking my view.”

“I saw you in the cafe earlier. You know Chanyeol don’t you?”

“And who are you?”

“A friend of his.”

“Is that so?” I waited for him to go away but he’s not budging. “Are you not going to move?”

He laughs. “You’re one cold girl.” He grabs my hand and I can’t believe this person. I’m starting to lose my cool right now.

“You should let go before I lose it. I’m not in the mood to fool around with you.”

“Why? If you’re in the mood, would you go somewhere else with me-“ I slap him.

“I warned you. Let go of me.”

“Why you-“ I felt a hand grab me away from this guy. I look back and saw Chanyeol holding me from behind and he’s glaring at him. “Chanyeol!”

“Get lost bastard.” The guy cursed at Chanyeol and left. “Are you okay?”

“Y..Yeah.” The bus arrives but he doesn’t let go of me. I look at him and wait for him to talk but he’s not talking. Instead, he starts walking taking me with him. “Wait! That’s my bus!”

He still isn’t talking and I can feel that he’s mad just now. He’s like this whenever he’s mad at me. He just ignores me but he doesn’t leave me. We reach his car and I guess we're going home now. I get inside putting on my seatbelt and watch him as he drives. He’s mad. HE’S DEFINITELY MAD...

We reach the house but neither of us are budging. I reach for my bag and he gets out of the car after getting his. He waits for me to go out then locks the car. HE’S MAD AND IT’S SCARING ME. We got into fights and make up but this? This is the first time he got this scary. It’s like he has this aura that can kill you as soon as you approach him.

We enter the house taking off our shoes. I have to say something! “Um... Chan-“ He walks pass through me and I freeze in fear. I enter the house hoping that we’re not the only ones in hear but luck isn’t on my side. WE ARE THE ONLY ONES IN HERE. I walk to the kitchen to get myself a glass of water. When I reach for the glass, I noticed that my left wrist is red from the grip that the guy gave me earlier. Come to think of it, I don’t even know that guy’s name. I shrug and poured myself some water when my wrist was grabbed.

“Oh my god!” I gasp in surprise. “Chanyeol! That scared-me..” I noticed that he looks surprised as he looks at me wrist.

“Did he do this?”

“I guess so. I didn’t notice that his grip was that hard-“ he walks to the door and I follow him. “Wait! Where are you going?”

“I’m going to kill him!”

“Oh my god! Wait! No don’t!” I hold him from behind or rather, I accidentally hugged him from behind which made us both surprised. This is bad. “Um... sorry.” I was about to step back when I felt his hand on mine. “Chanyeol?”

“You know I’m mad at you right?”

“Yes..”

“I’m furious.”

“Ye..ah.” I took a peak on him and he’s red. He’s definitely embarrassed because of this position which makes my heart beat fast with his reaction. Is it because I’m this close to him? He takes my hand of him then I felt it. Even for a short while I felt his heart. It was beating fast.

____________________________________________________

 Chanyeol. 

I’m red. How can one be like this? How can she just hold on to me like that? She knows I’m a mess when she touches me. She knows that I like her. Why did she do that? I throw myself on my bed and stare at the ceiling. She do this sometimes to clear her head. Stare blankly and wait for time to pass. My phone rings so I roll to the side lying on my chest. It’s Mom.

“Hey.”

“Chanyeol...” I sit up when I hear her crying. I can hear that she’s not staying indoors.

“Mom? What’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

“Your Dad and I.. we got divorced.”

____________________________________________________

 Se Ah. 

“Is that so?”

“Yes. I’m sorry for the short notice.” The door opens and Chanyeol looks surprised seeing me. I look to him then to Mom but none of them are talking. I wonder if I went here on a wrong time. He finally smiles at me and looks at Mom. “Can I borrow Se Ah for a day Auntie?”

"What?”

Mom chuckles smiling. “Sure you can. It’s the weekend after all.”

“No, I think we have to leave now. This can’t wait tomorrow.”

“Alright. I’ll tell her Dad about this. I’m sure he won’t mind.”

Chanyeol bows. “Thank you Auntie!” He takes my head and pulls me with him. “Off we go then.”

“Wait! What?!” We stop at my room and Chanyeol enters. I’m exactly sure that he was mad at me three hours ago. What’s happening now? He opens my closet taking a bag in and comes back to me.

“Take what you need for a trip. It’ll be for two nights and three days since we’re going to leave tonight.”

“Wait! Aren’t you mad at me? You just told Mom that it'll be for a day right? And what’s with the sudden trip?! Is it only the two of us? How about the others??” He pushes the bag to me and pats my head walking across his room. I don’t really understand where this is going but should I really just go with the flow? I can get used to a mini vacation anyway. I walk to my closet grabbing the things that I need and then to my bed. This is all too sudden.

Chanyeol returns with a backpack and walks to me. “Ready?”

“I am but can’t you tell me what’s going on?” He smiles grabbing the bag for me.

“I’ll tell you on the way.” We head out and ran into Baekhyun and So Ah. They look at us surprised then to the bag.

“Are you both eloping?” Baekhyun asks pointing at our bags.

“What? Oh my god no! That’s not-“

“Let’s go Se Ah!” Chanyeol grabs me then to his car. I look at him intensely and he laughs.

“That! That is so misleading! How can you just ignore that?!”

“I don’t care though.” He replies starting the car. This is so absurd! First he just asked my Mom if he can borrow me for a vacation next he asked me to pack abruptly and now I think we just created a misunderstanding that we are eloping? Oh my goodness!

“You don’t care?! Oh my god! What’s with you?! I don’t know what’s happening right now but tell me, are you on your right mind?! Where are you even taking me?!”

“On a vacation.” He replied. I sigh in defeat. We’re not going anywhere with this. I hear his phone ring and it read ‘Mom’ so I waited for him to answer but he’s not. Instead, he shuts his phone close. So something is up.

“Chanyeol-“

“Later. I’ll tell you later. Can’t you just go with me for a while?”

I smile and nod. “Alright. Let’s go wherever you want to go.”

****

At the end, Chanyeol brought me to the beach. Stayed in an inn and luckily, there are two rooms inside so that will do. When I finished putting my things down, I head back to the living room but he’s not there so I headed to his room but it’s empty.

“I wonder where he is.” I head out and saw Chanyeol at the shore so I put my shoes on and followed him. At first I thought he’s going to surprise me by shouting out of the blue because he usually do that to play with me but now that I look at him, he seems to be on a deep thought. I want to ask what happened but we’re not like that. I think he asked me here because he wanted to escape from something. “It’s nice isn’t it? The sea breeze.”

He snaps out of his thought and faces me. “Oh, you don’t have to go out.”

I smile sitting next to him. “I’m fine.”

“Okay.” We stay silent for a while as we stare at the waves. “Sorry, to bring you here out of the blue.”

“It’s fine.” He rested his head on his knee and he’s now staring at me. I can see him from the side of my eye. “W..What?”

“What do you think of So Ah and Baekhyun dating Se Ah?” I flush. I know that this question will be coming. But I’m not worried of telling him that it does not affect me in any way. I’m worried about telling him that I don’t care about that and that he’s the one that matters right now.

“Strangely, I’m fine with it. I thought I’d shed tears on it but I guess I’m fine.”

“Hm... that’s unexpected.” I chuckle and nod. “Then,” I flinch when I felt his hand on mine and now, he’s staring at me deeply. “What do you think of me Se Ah?”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you see me as a guy or just a friend? I want to know Se Ah. I want to know if I can just stop or keep on doing what I’m doing.”

I don’t like where this is going. It’s like he wants to leave me and strangely, I don’t want him to leave my side. I just want him to be close to me. That’s what I need. I stand and he still doesn’t remove his eyes on me.

“I’m not the type to ask but, what’s wrong? You’re acting strange Chanyeol.” I stare at him and his eyes are starting to fall down. “Chanyeol?!” I sit in front of him checking him and he’s got a fever! “What the hell? Why did you ask to go here when you’re sick stupid!- Wha-“ I gasp when he fall on my chest.

“Stay with me Se Ah... I...I still need to tell you...”

“HEY? Chanyeol!!”

****

“Ugh!” I lie on the bed after carrying Chanyeol back here. My back hurts and he’s too heavy! Did we only go here just for this?! I’m too disappointed! I look at him and he looks so sick. “What the hell is wrong with you?” I pull the covers for him and head to the kitchen. Searching through my phone, I grab all the things that I needed for a sick person. So Ah was sick all the time but she was always taken to the hospital whenever she is that’s why I’m not used to taking care of people. I go back to the room and saw Chanyeol struggling so I rushed to his side and dipped the towel on the water with ice placing it on his forehead.

His eyes open when he feels the towel on his forehead and looks at me. “How are you feeling?”

He groans but holds my hand. I flush. “I feel like I’m going to die...” I flick his forehead and he chuckles. “Thanks.”

“Geez, you didn’t bring me here just so you can get sick do you?”

He reaches for me until he touches my cheek and he brushes his thumb. “I’ll get better. I can’t let get this moment go to waste after all.”

I smile holding his hand. “Mm. Get well Chan.”

****

Just as I told him to get well, he did. Now he’s cooking breakfast. I can’t believe he even brought that apron with him. “I told you already, stop wearing that apron!”

He laughs and places a plate of French toasts in front of me. “So Ah likes it, it has cupcakes on it.”

I roll my eyes picking up the fork and the maple syrup. “So? What’s the itinerary for today?”

He smiles taking a bite. “Biking.”

I eye him. “I don’t ride bikes. I don’t know how to.”

“I know which is why you’re riding with me.” He continues to eat his breakfast leaving me in a thought that I might get a lot of bruises later on. Why biking of all things anyway?!

After breakfast we head to the park and Chanyeol rented a bike for us to ride on our way to the ocean. I stare at the back seat as he stare at me. “Aren’t you getting on?”

“I don’t think this is a great idea. I might fall from the small seat!”

“Then how about here?” He stares at the seat in front of him. This guy is really unbelievable.

“You’re asking me to seat in front of you.” He nods. “Forget it. I’m riding here.” He chuckles and I seat at the back seat and hold on to it but there's no room for me to hold on. "Can you scoot more in front? I have to hold on to something you know?"

"You're not supposed to hold there though."

"Really? Then where should I hold?"

"Here." I gasp when he suddenly grab both of my hands and placed it around his waist. "Hold on tight."

"Wah!" I was not ready when he pedaled right away which makes this position looked like I'm hugging him. This is so embarrassing. I hear him laugh so I glare at him.

"I'm surprised with the sudden hug Se Ah."

"I didn't hugged you okay?! I almost fell!"

"That's why you should hold on to me. So you won't get hurt." We grew silent for a while because I think that what he said just know meant something more but I don't know about him. Why did he stop all of a sudden? I let the wind brush to my skin as we get closer to the ocean. When we arrived Chanyeol let me get off before he do and that's one thing I like about him, he always care for me. I was about to follow him when I realized something. Did I just say like? "What's wrong?"

I hold my hand up to my mouth in shock. Could I possibly be- "Oh my god. No, no. That's-"

"You're creeping me out. What's wrong with you?"

“T..That’s what I should be saying.” I walk pass through him and stopped at the shore staring at the ocean. I see him stand beside me on the side of my eye.

“Aren’t you gonna ask? Why I brought you here.”

“We’re not like that. Do you even want to talk about it?” He lets out a laugh and I know that something is definitely wrong which is why we don’t ask.

“This is why I love you.” I freeze on those words. He often say it but it does a lot on me right now. Like I’ve been hit by a big wave and I’m forced to go with it. I step closer to him and wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him even if he’s a lot taller than I am. Then I hear it. He’s crying.

****

My alarm goes on and I muster all of my strength, which is I define to be one percent every morning, and shut it off. I groan lying on my chest forcing my eyes to open. After a while I now sit up and headed downstairs for my breakfast because Chanyeol would be taking his bath right now. I hate that we fight for the bathroom every morning and that So Ah’s class is not that early.

“Oh you’re up early.” Mom says.

“Yeah, I have to eat the bacons before Chanyeol takes them away.”

“Chanyeol? I thought you both went on that trip for a farewell.” The sound of chopsticks slipping from my fingers surround me.

“F...Farewell?”

Mom nods pouring hot choco on my mug. “Yeah, Didn’t he told you? He’ll be going back to his Mom in Japan. His parents got divorced.”

I froze not knowing what is happening. Did he just left without telling me anything?


Heartbreaking T.T The story is almost at its end 3  I hope y'all would like the ending! Last two chapters up next ^^

- Cheonsabyul <3