EPILOGUE

Be mine forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

If someone had told her that the girl who always tried to annoy her or always shouting at her for ridiculous things would be her wife, right now. Taeyeon must laugh at that person.

 

But now, she is beyond happy. Thankful that her wife is her.

 

Her eyes are set on the dark brown-haired woman, presenting her company's idea to another investor. Her wife decided to wear a light pink suit for luck, she said. Taeyeon just scoffed because she knew her wife would find 1001 excuses to wear her favourite colour.

 

They have been married for 5 years, but her love for another woman does not reduce but instead grows. She is still amazed and sometimes cannot believe that she got to call her her wife.

 

The perfect, loving, beautiful, kind-hearted, dead drop gorgeous, intelligent mother of her daughters is her wife. She is indeed lucky.

 

The sound of people clapping bring her back to reality. Doing the same things as others, clapping her hands to, she recomposes her expression. No one should see her lose focus in the meeting because she was admiring her wife.

 

Well, she actually can do that. Having Tiffany Hwang as her wife, she is bound to admire her wife, right? Like can you try to not admire someone like Tiffany? Well, Taeyeon knows that she cannot. Her wife deserves every admiration and praise, and intention. She deserves the WORLD.

 

If you ask her, she will do that. But, hmmm. Tiffany is growing up and maturing a lot. She is not that Tiffany, the playgirl and arrogant person in the school anymore. Instead, she's becoming the better version of herself, which Taeyeon really likes and dislikes about her change.

 

For example, Tiffany did not change her name to Tiffany Kim. Okay, Taeyeon knows this is petty, and she should not make a fuss about this. It is Tiffany's right. But, oh boy. If you are in Taeyeon's shoes, you would understand why Taeyeon really wants people to know Tiffany as Tiffany Kim.

 

Some people do not have common sense when they see those 2 rings on Tiffany's fingers and still try to woo her wife. Like, excuse me, can't you see Tiffany is taken and married to the one and only Kim Taeyeon?

 

Once, Taeyeon nearly wants to yell at a businessman from overseas that had the balls to flirt with her wife in front of her. Taeyeon was near to rip off his head, cancel all of the contracts they have, but she made a mistake that time. Her eyes caught Tiffany's eyes, and she knew her wife knew about whatever she was thinking at that time. The latter slightly shook her head, eyes threatening her to stop whatever she planned.

 

Taeyeon is whipped. Everyone knows about it. That was why she aborted her plan and instead wrapped her hand over Tiffany's waist and kissed her temple lovingly in front of that man. His face was so hilarious that Taeyeon cannot help but smirk proudly.

 

Of course, she got scolded by her wife when they went home. Leading to her sulking, showing her pout to Tiffany. She thought Tiffany would coax her, but she was wrong. Totally wrong. Tiffany nagged at her, telling her it was not a good attitude. That not everyone knows that Tiffany is married to Taeyeon. That she does not want people to know her just because she is Taeyeon's wife.

 

To be honest, Taeyeon was hurt when she heard about it. Her heart was feeling like Tiffany was ashamed of her. Did not want people to know that they were married. She wanted to cry when she heard about that for the first time.

 

However, Tiffany knew Taeyeon so well, and she knew the latter started to think too far. She quickly explained to Taeyeon that she was not ashamed of her or tried to hide their relationship. Most people knew about their relationship. But she hopes that people know her not only because she is Taeyeon's wife, the heir of Kim Corps. She wants people to know her as Tiffany Hwang, too, one of the daughters of Hwang Minhyun, the hardworking lady, the director of Hwang Holding.

 

When Tiffany tries to change to be a better version of her life, it means she tried so hard to prove to herself and everyone else she can do this. She would always do something all out, improving herself day by day.

 

A nudge on her rib makes her turns to her right. There, sit Yuri with an eyebrow raised. Questioning her friend's behaviour right now.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Why shouldn't I?"

 

"You're not listening to Fany's presentation. Your expression is soulless, you know. It looks like you're having a fight with Fany"

 

"Me?" Taeyeon half whispers, half shouting to her friend, who is one of the potential investors for the new project Tiffany's company wants to make.

 

"You guys are not?"

 

"Noo. I was admiring my wife."

 

"Wait. You're saying that stoic face of yours is basically you’re admiring Fany?"

 

"100% marks to you"

 

"I can't believe you," Yuri scoffed and shook her head. Amazed with her friend. She really thought that the couple had some fight before the meeting, and that is why Taeyeon was being stoic. Apparently, she was just gawking at her wife. Silly Taeyeon.

 

"I think you should talk to Fany after this. To clear things up"

 

"What things?"

 

"Oh my gosh, Kim Taeyeon. For a CEO, you quite slow, you know. Talk to your wife after this. Fany keeps looking at you with concern after her presentation. I think she also thought that you're mad at her or something."

 

"Ohh. But I'm not"

 

"Yes, you're not. That is why you should talk and explain to your wife that you just zone out because you're gawking at her. You're too whipped, Tae"

 

"Like you are not Yul. You studied overseas just to follow Sica."

 

"I love her, of course, I'm going to follow her."

 

"Yeahh yeahh. You're just scared she found someone else."

 

"That is true. We finally become a couple, and I cannot let her away from my sight. If not, hmm, I'm scared that I will lose her again."

 

"You won't, buddy. You won't." Taeyeon feels bad. She should not bring that in front of Yuri. She knew well how Yuri is still affected by her and Jessica's “not-talking” phase. Yuri really loves Jessica.

 

 

“Baaa-by”, She called the woman who almost goes out of the meeting room. She cannot help to feel unsure whether to call her with that endearment or not. But she still did it, resulting in an awkward tone.

 

The woman turned around, and her burden goes away when she sees a smile plastered on the other woman’s face. She let go of the breath that she did not even know she was holding.

 

“Hello, my beautiful wife”, Taeyeon said and opened her arms when she sees Tiffany wants to hug her. They are hugging each other, feeling the calmness in their bodies.

 

“Fany. Are you okay?”. Taeyeon cannot help but feel like something is bothering her wife. Tiffany loves skinship, but she would limit it when they are in the office. The way her wife snuggles her face to her neck, she knows that Tiffany is seeking comfort.

 

“I thought you’re mad at me.”

 

“Huhh?” Taeyeon is clueless for the second time today. Why everyone thought she is mad at Tiffany. She is not. She needs to check her face in front of the mirror. Why her zoning out face has changed?

 

“You didn’t look at me when I’m presenting. Your face did not show any expression, TaeTae. It seems you wish to go away from here rather than listening to my presentation. And, I felt frustrated because I cannot think what I do wrong. Did I do something that makes you mad”

 

“Oh. I’m sorry, baby. I’m not mad at you. I’m just zoning out a little bit.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes. Why would I be mad at my intelligent and beautiful wife?” she pinched Tiffany’s nose, making her wife whine.

 

“Then, why were you not listening to me? Is it boring and our company’s idea is not that great?”. Tiffany likes to ask Taeyeon’s opinion about business. Her wife always has excellent ideas and view about various matters. She would sometimes critique the idea or suggest few improvements that Tiffany needs to make.

 

Taeyeon rubbed her neck sheepishly. Contemplating whether she would tell her wife that she was thinking about her when she was just in front of her. “I’m thinking about you.”

 

“Huh me?”. Tiffany pointed her finger towards herself, and Taeyeon just nods. Tiffany raised her eyebrow, waiting for Taeyeon to talk more about it. But Taeyeon feels embarrassed. It feels like she was caught red-handed by her crush that she’s crushing on the latter.

 

“Arghh, you’re just so beautiful, and your oozing confidence, and when you present with that attire and that y brain, I can’t stop thinking how lucky I’ve you as my wife. Like you’re so perfect, and your passion makes me fall in love with you again and again”, Taeyeon just rambled things out. She does not know how to put this in a nice sentence, but hopefully, Tiffany understands what she is trying to say.

 

“Oh my baby”, cooed Tiffany and squished Taeyeon’s cheek before kissing the other woman. Tiffany’s heart is full and warm with the sudden speech from Taeyeon. Her wife is not always good with words, but when she says something, even though it might take some time to understand, it never stops from making her heart flutter.

 

“Tiffany Kim, what do you think if we clock out earlier, pick Joohyun and Minjeong, and have our family date, today?”

 

“You’re asking me to skip work, Hwang Taeyeon?”

 

“Yes, Tiffany Kim. It is an excellent idea, right?”

 

“But, what if my boss gets angry?”

 

“Hurmm…I think if we tell him that we’re picking his granddaughters, he would be okay.”

 

“But – “

 

“Fany-ah. Don’t you want to see our little pumpkins?”

 

“Of course, I want Tae. I’m just wanting to annoy you. Hehehhe”, Taeyeon huffed while Tiffany is laughing. She sees her wife activate her sulking mode, so Tiffany quickly pecks her forehead, nose, and lips. Successfully, make the older woman smiling like an idiot. Her idiot.

 

“Come on. I need to see Irene and Winter quickly.”

 

The married couple left the meeting room and when to the lift. When they are walking in the lobby, everyone turns their heads and looks at them. Most people knew about their marriage, but the couple is always discreet about their relationship, so this moment is rare for them to see their hands hook with each other and smiles plastered on her face. The way Taeyeon looks at Tiffany and the way Tiffany looks at Taeyeon, they envy that. Their stares are full of love, appreciation, and happiness.

 

Two women shook their heads when they see the couple left the building hand in hand.

 

“Can you believe that Taengoo zoned out just because of Fany?”

 

“It’s not weird. She is head over heels of Fany. That dork always do funny things lik –“

 

“Like thinking about someone that just in front of her?” Yuri looked at her wife, and both of them laughed at their friend's weirdness.

 

“But seobang-ah, I think it’s pretty romantic.”

 

“What is romantic?”

 

“Taeyeon’s mind is always full of Fany. Her silly grin whenever she sees Fany makes me feel at ease. I’m glad they’re together and have Irene and Winter”. Jessica has this satisfying look on her face. Sometimes, she felt terrible because she was the one that started to influence Tiffany to break Taeyeon’s heart. If she did not do that, Taeyeon and Tiffany would have a smoother ride in their relationship, right?

 

“You always in my mind too, tho,” mumbled Yuri while pouting. However, Jessica can clearly hear that and chuckle at her wife acting like their kid. Yuri’s pout reminds her of their little baby. That kid really takes her mother’s features and kkab behaviour.

 

“I know that. You can’t leave without me.”

 

“Yes. Glad you know about it. I don’t want to be separated from you” Yuri takes Jessica’s hand on hers and kisses her knuckle softly and lovingly. Loving the smoothness and the addicting scent come from her hand.

 

“My silly seobang,” she pinched Yuri’s cheeks, and the woman just let her do that. Her heart softens seeing Yuri like that. Her wife is always the type that selfless, giving up her own wants just to make sure she’s happy. Jessica knew she is not easy to handle. She has her flaws, but Yuri keeps showering her with her love, closing the flaws with her love and patience.

 

“I love you, Yuri-ah,” she is her everything.

 

“I love you too, Sica. I need to admit it’s weird for you to suddenly say that.”

 

“Why? You don’t want me to say I love you to you, again?”, eyebrow raised, hands folded across the chest, she is ready to attack her lovely wife for spoiling the mood.

 

Hands on her waist, and with a swift move, Jessica is in Yuri’s embrace. The taller woman inhales her wife's intoxicating scent. “I love to hear that, baby. I want to hear that since we’re kids and till we’re old. I will always want to hear the lovely Jessica Jung tell me that she loves me. I’m addicted to you, Jessica. I’m Jess-holic.”

 

“Then, I’ll be Yul-holic. I’m crazy about you for years.”

 

“I shouldn’t hear that thing, right? If not, we can be a couple earlier and get married quickly after high school or something.”

 

“Don’t say that. I was the one who said that. Supposedly, I’m the one who shouldn’t say that. But seobang-ah”, Jessica stops and looks at Yuri, who just hums, asking her to continue, “I won’t marry you after high school even if we become a couple since middle school.”

 

Yuri’s jaw hangs open, and she let out a small gasp. “Waeeee??”

 

“Hurmm, just because…just because –“

 

“Yahh, Sica. Because of what?”

 

“Because I say that?” Jessica shrugged her shoulders, playful smirk plastered on her face, knowing perfectly her wife will activate her silliness and annoying self quickly, plus whining a lot about this matter.

 

She walked towards her office, followed by Yuri, who keeps asking her the same question. The black pearl really cannot move on from that, and Jessica is just smiling like a fool, remembering something.

 

 

 

 

“Yahhh, Sica, where are you going? You need to answer my question first?”

 

“Nowhere,” answered Jessica without stopping and keep walking towards nowhere mainly.

“Yahh, stop right now. I promise I won’t ask you that question again. Let’s go back to our class. Fany is waiting for us”, a middle schooler Yuri begs her friend to stop walking around and come with her to their classroom.

 

She glanced at her wrist and saw they have 5 minutes more before their next subject would start, and if they do not move the right way, they would be late. For sure, their scary mathematic teacher would be mad at them. Mrs Yoo never likes her student to come late to her class and send the student to detention without blinking her eyes.

 

Jessica sighed before stopping. “I don’t care if you want to ask that again, Yul. I just don’t want to go back there. Leave me here and you, go back to the class”. Finger points toward their academic building, Jessica ushered Yuri to walk back with her eyes.

 

“I thought you’re mad at me for asking that?”

 

“Why should I?”

 

“Why shouldn’t you?”

 

Jessica’s deathly glares aim at Yuri, but the girl just smiles sheepishly even though inside, she is trembling. Mad Sica is not always good, but years of befriending her make Yuri somewhat immune to that but still left her shivering.

 

“Mianhe. I’m just trying to live up the mood.”

 

“Annoying me wouldn’t live up anything, Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Then, if you’re not mad at me while we’re here?”

 

“Told you, I’m skipping class.”

 

“W-wait..uh…what?”

 

“Oh my god. Why are you so dumb today, Yuri-ah?”, 13 years old Jessica pinched her forehead, annoyed with her best friend's behaviour right now. She asks her the same question for 10 minutes straight, which the answer she does not know how to say, and now the taller girl asks her to go back to their classroom. She is beyond annoyed right now, she is mad. Really mad.

 

Once again, Yuri looks at her watch and saw that they are already 10 minutes late, and she does not want to face Mrs Yoo’s rage alone, so she shrugged and dragged Jessica to their favourite place in the school. The school’s garden.

 

“Can I ask that question again?” Yuri watches Jessica’s reaction, trying to find whether her best friend would kill her if she asks the same question again. But there is no murderous aura from the girl. Yuri receives a nod from Jessica, indicating her to reshoot the question.

 

With a grin and then suddenly changes to a sad face, Yuri asks, “Why you tell them I’m only your friend?”

 

“It’s the truth.”

 

“No, it’s not. I’m your BEST.FRIEND, Sica. You left the word B.E.S.T”, once again Yuri whined, and Jessica just rolled her eyes.

 

“It’s not a big deal, Kwon Yuri.”

 

“No. It is a BIG DEAL, Jessica Jung. They need to know I’m your BEST FRIEND, so they won’t snatch you from me”, with her hands firmly on Jessica’s shoulders, trying to show her best friend that this is a serious matter for the 13 years old Yuri because she does not want people to take her Jessica away. Jessica is Yuri’s best friend, and no one else can take that status from Yuri. Well, except for Tiffany.

 

“Okay, mianhe,” Jessica found herself in Yuri’s embrace after that. The other girl was pleased that she finally can make Jessica understood the seriousness of this matter. While the said girl, hoping that the time would stop.

 

 

 

 

Yuri is walking happily to the changing room as after this will be gym class, her favourite class in the school. Her mind is busy thinking about what type of sport their coach will let them play today. Maybe volleyball or basketball because they did not play them for the past few weeks.

 

However, before she can push the door, her hand stopped when she heard a familiar voice co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter