The Runaways

The Demon Of Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


“IGNATIUS DEMENTE”

A bolt of energy shot out straight to Azrael’s face as he suffered knock back sending him to the other end of the room, leaving Eunha unharmed.

The crowd started to panick as all eyes turned to where the blast came from. Nayeon stood shakily with her palm foward, she was the one who blasted Azrael in attempt to save Eunha.

One guardian next to her was ready to attack her but before he could even open his mouth a blade was placed at his nape hard enough for a drop of blood to flow down.

“Don’t even try it.” Jisoo threatens as her words were as sharp as her blade.

Sowon made use of this moment where everyone were in a state of shock to free herself. She gathered all her strength and pushed herself up sending a flurry of kicks and punches at those who held her down.

“Eunha!” Sowon yelled as she ran towards Eunha who was still on the ground as she hugged her tightly.

Nayeon and Jisoo ran up towards them as they stood at both sides guarding them.

“I thought i was going to lose you...” Sowon said as she hugged Eunha tightly.

Sowon felt a hand resting on top of hers as she turned to face Eunha. 

“Now i know i’m safe.” Eunha said before leaning in for a quick kiss.

“What are you doing!” Jihyo yelled at the group with her palm ready to blast 

“Saving an innocent life.” Nayeon replied standing in front of Sowon and Eunha.

“Please think before you act. Please Nayeon...” Jihyo spoke as she slowly started to lower her palm.

The crowd around them were like the waves on the shore as they moved back and forth unsure of their next move.

Jihyo slowly moved towards them as Jisoo kept shifting glances between the crowd around them and Nayeon as she waited to see what their next move will be.

“We can work things out. If you carry on with this there will be no turning back.” Jihyo said with a shaky voice as she reached out to her arm towards Nayeon.

Nayeon was hesitant at first, she wanted to believe her friend but she knew that it was a risk. At the corner of her eye she saw Azrael being helped out by guardians as he glared at their direction.

And at that same moment, she had made up her mind. She turned to face Jihyo once more who was still holding her hand out. She bit her lips as she braved herself for her decision.

“I’m sorry.” Nayeon said.

She snatched the blade from Jisoo’s hand and at the same time pulling Jihyo in as she pointed the blade at her neck holding her at knifepoint.

The crowd gasped loudly in shock not knowing what to do. They couldn’t attack as there was a risk of getting Jihyo injured.

“Get behind me, we’re leaving.” Nayeon spoke in a tone so serious that neither Jisoo nor Sowon have ever heard before.

Sowon picked Eunha up with the help of Jisoo as they slowly backed out of the room with Nayeon holding their hostage in the front.

“Nobody moves, or the vice head gets it.” Nayeon said as she moved out of the room.

Jihyo on the other hand was too shocked for words. She never knew that her lifelong friend since young would be holding her hostage at knifepoint.

“Nayeon...” Was all Jihyo could say.

She could feel drops of tears on the back of her head as this was hurting Nayeon as much as it hurt her.

“I’m really sorry.” Nayeon said.

As they backed out further, Nayeon released the blade from Jihyo’s neck as she shoved her away before chanting her next spell.

“DRACO IGNIS”

Nayeon burned the floor separating her from the crowd. As the blaze rose up blocking their path, Jihyo caught a glimpse of the three girls she cared for walk away from her becoming traitors to their cause.

“I want this place locked down now! I will not allow them to escape!” Azrael commanded with rage as the crowd dispersed to hunt them down.

The four girls now running for their lives as they reached the exit of the headquarters. Nayeon hurried to a small touch screen security monitor next to the door as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter