A Broken Heart

The Demon Of Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sowon paced along the hallway behind Jisoo and Nayeon as the three of them met Jihyo along the way. Sowon held onto Jihyo’s shoulders and asked to see her privately. 

Jihyo agreed and led Sowon back to her room. Jihyo sat on her bed as Sowon stood in front of her with her arms crossed.

“What is it?” Jihyo asked Sowon.

“We need to talk.”

“About?”

“When i was battling that demon just now, it mentioned about the demon ranks.”

“So?” Jihyo asked.

“That’s information only we know about.” Sowon said as she moved closer to Jihyo.

“Still that doesn’t say much, you killed it didn’t you. So whatever information you think it might know is gone.”

“Something’s up. But i don’t know what. I suggest you keep your guard up Jihyo.”

“I’ll keep that in mind Sowon.” 

Sowon then turned and was about to leave, she stopped the moment she grabbed onto the door knob.

“And about Azrael....” Sowon asked without looking back.

“I can’t say i don’t agree with him, but a small part of me finds it wrong.”

“I’d listen to that small part of you.” With that being said, Sowon left the room and made her way back to hers.

Closing the door behind her, Sowon jumped onto her mattress and stared at the ceiling. She knew that Azrael was planning something big, to hunt down someone she cared about.

The next morning came and Sowon got up and was dressed ready for school. She opened her door and saw Eunha standing in front of her.

“I’m heading out first, just thought i let you know.” Eunha said.

“Let’s go together.” Sowon said as she reached out and held onto Eunha’s arm.

“I’m meeting someone first. I’ll see you in school.” Eunha didn’t wait for a reply and instead just walked off.

Eunha continued with her daily routine as she walked in the park looking for the purple tent. Once again she was greeted by Jennie before she even entered. 

Taking their usual seats, Jennie held Eunha’s hands and stared into her eyes woth worry. 

“Your hands are cold, and you’re shaking.”

“I’m afraid.”

“I know what happened and i’m worried for you. It’s not right for a person like you to live in constant fear.” Jennie’s voice filled with worry for the girl.

“I know that Sowon will protect me, but i don’t want to risk her life too.” Eunha said.

“I understand. She’s a strong guardian with a big heart she will definitely protect you. Am i right Sowon?”

Jennie called out as Eunha turned to face the entrance of the tent. Taking slow steps, Sowon entered the tent with her face burning red from being caught.

“Sowon how long were you out there?” Eunha asked as she stood up from her seat.

“For as long as you have been in here.” Jennie said with a laugh.

“You’re an oracle.” Sowon said in amazement as she walked up with her arm extended.

“Nice to finally meet you, Eunha talks a lot about you.” Jennie said as she kindly accepted Sowon’s hand.

The three of them spent a while more talking till it was time for them to head to school. As Sowon left the tent, Jennie requested that she tells Eunha something before she leaves.

“Your life will not be easy, but i want you to be strong.” Jennie said.

“I will.” Eunha said before she walked out of the tent to catch up with Sowon.

The both of them walked side by side throughout their journey to school. The weather was cold as the wind blew as the fallen leaves danced in the sky. Sowon saw from the corner of her eye that Eunha was shivering from the cold.

She took off the jacket she was wearing and tossed it to Eunha. Eunha caught it and gave Sowon a confused look.

“Wear the jacket you fool.” Sowon said with a mocking tone.

Eunha quickly slipped the jacket on and felt its warm embrace around her body. As she continued to walk beside Sowon she couldn’t help but keep staring at her as her beauty radiates their surroundings.

“Eunha, are you alright?” Sowon asked.

“Not really, not with all that is happening in my life. Why does he want to kill me so badly.”

“It’s a Nightingale heritage. For centuries the Nightingale family have devoted their lives to kill the hellbourne and none has ever succeeded.”

“But what do they gain out of it?”

“They’re just greedy, always seeking the attention of a hero. Which is why i despise them.”

“So even if i survive this time, the future of the hellbournes will still be hunted by the Nightingales.”

Sowon extended her arm and wrapped it around Eunha pulling her closer to her side as she let out a loud sigh.

“What to do with you? You po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter