Party Poopers - Part 1

The Demon Of Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Back at headquarters, the four students carried on with their diligent training, helping each other out. Tzuyu taught Eunha how to properly control her aim while Sinb and Umji taught her how to spar both with and without weapons.

“We’re back!” Jisoo hummed happily as the three of them walked through the door.

“I’m bloody exhausted i’m going to bed, not like i’m needed here anyways.” Nayeon said before walking away from them.

“Alright everyone get ready for training.” Sowon clapped her hands while the girls gathered in front of her.

Sowon pressed some buttons on the control pad nearby as target dummies sprouted out of the ground like blooming flowers. The four girls took their position and prepared themselves.

Sowon gave her instructions and commenced the training, soon the area was filled with sounds of spells being chanted and colourful bolts of energy scattered across the room.

Naturally, Sowon’s attention was fixed on Eunha who was seemed to be shooting down her target with precision. A proud smile made its way onto her face as she watched Eunha shoot down all her targets with ease.

“Not bad Eunha. You’re doing great.” Sowon complimented from a far.

“Your girl is doing fine.” Jisoo said as she stood next to Sowon.

“She’s a fast learner. I think she’s almost ready for her first mission.”

“Slow down Sowon.” 

They carried on their training for a few more minutes before Sowon gathered all four of them back.

“Alright. Now we’re going to practice your levitation spell. All four of you go to your spots and try to levitate those steel blocks.” Sowon said.

The four girls walked to their spots and chanted their spells. Sinb was first as she used both her hands to lift up the block allowing it to remain floating in the air for some time. 

Soon Sinb’s hand started to shake as she started to lose focus. Sighing out loudly she relaxed her hands as the block dropped back onto the ground with a loud thud.

Umji was next she did the same thing but with only one hand, lifting the block up high she tried her best to remain focus but it didnt take long for her to get tired.

Just like Sinb her hand started to shake and so did her legs. Umji held on a bit longer but the outcome was similar as the sound of a steel block smashing against the floor echoed through the training room.

“Alright good work you two. Tzuyu and Eunha you’re up.” Sowon said.

Tzuyu’s turn, taking in a deep long breath, she chanted the spell and lifted the steel block up with one hand. After lifting up to a certain height she closed her eyes and started to concentrate.

Unlike the previous two, she didn’t shake nor trembled. She was incredibly calm and cool as the steel block remained suspended in the air above the ground. Slowly she lowered her hand but the steel block still remained in the air.

Eunha watched in shock at Tzuyu’s ability to control her magic powers. Not only was she gifted in the ways of martial arts but also gifted with her magic abilities.

“As expected from our top student.” Sowon said as she walked past Tzuyu and made her way towards Eunha.

Eunha was starting to panick, she knew that she couldn’t do this particular spell she didn’t want to disappoint Sowon she took a quick glance towards Tzuyu whom noticed how worried she looked.

“You can do this.” Tzuyu whispered to Eunha and gave her a thumbs up.

“Alright Eunha show me what you can do.” Sowon crossed her arms and stood in front of Eunha.

She closed her eyes and prepared herself. She raised her hand and started to chant her spell. Nothing happened, the steel block just stayed in its position. She tried over and over but the steel block wouldn’t even move an inch.

“Let’s finish this another time.” Sowon said gently before walking off. 

“Don’t worry i’m sure you’ll get the hang of it soon.” Jisoo continued.

Eunha was too disappointed in herself as she stood at her spot staring at the floor. She cursed under her breath and rubbed her eyes in frustration, she could tell that Sowon had high expectations for her but she had let her down.

Eunha walked off but she didn’t realise that she was currently under the steel block that Tzuyu lifted up into the air. At the same time Tzuyu was in the motion of releasing the block. She didn’t see Eunha in time as she was walking past, the steel block started to fall as she called out for Eunha.

“ EUNHA LOOK OUT!” Tzuyu shouted as Eunha looked up and saw that the steel block was pummeling quickly towards her.

“ETATIDVELE”

The spell unknowingly came out of Eunha’s mouth as she tried to shield herself from the impact. The steel block froze just inches away from her face, she slowly opened her eyes and saw what she had done. 

“EUNHA!” This time it was Sowon.

Sowon dashed over and pulled Eunha away from the steel block’s path and pulled her in for a hug. As Eunha was pulled away, the steel block crashed onto the ground hardly.

Eunha was still shaking in Sowon’s arm as Sowon kept rubbing her head as she tried to comfort the traumatised girl. Sowon then checked on her and made sure that she was fine.

“Eunha i’m so sorry. I...didn’t see you there.” Tzuyu apologised.

“Tzuyu you should have been more careful!” Jisoo called out from a distance.

Almost out of no where, Eunha started to chuckle to herself. Everyone watched in confusion as the girl who was almost squashed to death moments ago was now laughing.

Eunha started to laugh louder and as she turned to look around she saw that everyone was staring at her as if she had gone mad.

“Guys i think she is possessed...” Sinb said out loud as she pointed at her.

“Are you alright?” Sowon asked.

“I did it. I finally did the levitation spell. And all it took was a near death experience for me to do it. Isn’t that just hilarious.” Eunha said.

“Not really. Are you sure you’re fine.” Tzuyu said from behind.

Just then Nayeon came running back to the training room and stood at the entrance. “Sowon, Jisoo. Jihyo wants to see us, more demon activities.”

Sowon turned to look at Eunha as if she was contemplating if she should sit out for this mission to stay back and look after her. 

“Dont worry about me Sowon. I’m fine, go they need you.” Eunha said almost as if she could read Sowon’s mind.

“Go unnie, we’ll take care of her.” Tzuyu said as she held onto Eunha.

“Actually. Jihyo wants to see you too Eunha.” Nayeon said.

“Why?”

Soon the four girls reported in front of a room with various kinds of screens pasted across the walls which shows maps of different areas around the city with some flashing lights. Jihyo stood facing the screens as she gave instructions to those who were vigorously typing away on the keypad.

“Good you’re here.” Jihyo said as she turned and faced the four girls.

“What’s with the sudden surge in demonic activities.” Jisoo asked

“We have no clue, it just happened. Most of our team have already been dispatched. You have been tasked to eliminate four class two demons at this area.” Jihyo said as she pointed at the screen which zoomed in closer to what looks like a house.

“Wait that place looks familiar.” Eunha said as she moved closer towards the screen.

“Eunha, isn’t that your friend’s house. The one that’s throwing a party.”

“Yeah. That’s the one Sowon.”

“Well Eunha i hope you have been trained well, cause we need you to go in and spot out the demons so that the others can go in and sea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter