Demons

The Demon Of Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you believe in magic?”

“You mean the ones people do on the streets?”

“No. Magic on a supernatural level through incantations and relics.”

“No. How old do you think i am? Five?”

“How about demons? Do you believe in them?” 

“Seriously lady i paid ten bucks for you to tell me my fortune and you’re telling me some fairytale instead?”

“What if i told you that demons exists and they roam around the living disguised as one of us.”

“Then i would say that you’re delusional. Can you please answer my question?” 

“You asked me to tell you what lies ahead in your life. I did that.”

“Can i get a refund now?” 

The lady did not respond her but instead pointed to a sign near the exit which stated ‘no refunds’.

“Fine! I’ll just get going then!” Eunha said as she grabbed her bag pack and walked out of the tent.

“Can’t believe i got swayed by something so meaningless again. Sana is so going to get mad at me again. And i’m late for class again.” Eunha thought to herself as she kept on walking.

Eunha was one of those average teenage girls, she attended high school and hung out with friends. She was popular in a matter of fact, she was cute and pretty and did not let her height discourage her.

She’s an active cheerleader of her school and the head of the student councillors. A well liked and charming student indeed, scoring straight A like nobody’s business.

She walked along the school halls passing many lockers as she was greeted by everyone that saw her. She waved back at those she recognised and smiled at those she didn’t.

“Hey there bunny! Where have you been?” A taller girl walked by as she placed her arm around Eunha’s shoulder.

“I overslept. It’s a normal thing people do Sana.” Eunha mocked her friend who just replied with a chuckle.

“Sure you didn’t waste your money on something irrational again?” Sana asked as she notice how Eunha started to twitch her nose.

“Can’t hide anything from me bestie. I know when you’re lying, your nose tells me.” Sana said as the both of them walked into class together.

They were having chemistry now and both Sana and Eunha were lab partners. They took out their textbooks as they watched their teacher scribble some equations on the board.

“Class before we begin today’s lesson, i would like to introduce a new student to you.” The teacher said as he signalled a student to come in.

She was a tall and slender beauty, her long silky hair flows down her back as she stared at the class with the most uninterested look.

“Her name is Sowon please take care of her.” The class stared at her, some guys started staring too much while others just started whispering to their partners.

“Eunha, the whole school has been talking about her. Rumors has it she got expelled from her previous school because she beat a teacher till he got into a coma.” Sana whispered into Eunha ears as the shorter girl just rolled her eyes.

“Those are just rumors. Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Eunha said.

“Since no one is without a partner, why don’t you grab a chair and sit next to Eunha and Sana over there.” The teacher said as Sowon took a chair and lazily dragged it across and placed it next to Eunha.

She sat down and blankly stared foward without even acknowledging the other two’s presence.

“Hi my name is Eunha and this is Sana.” Eunha brightly said as she extended her hand to greet the new student.

“I don’t care.” Sowon coldly said as Eunha slowly drew her hand back.

Sana was about to show this girl some manners but Eunha stopped her  and told her to let her handle it instead.

“Well if you ever need any help feel free to ask me.” Eunha said this time with a bright smile.

“Still don’t care.” Sowon said once more eyes still focus at the front of the class.

“Ok...” Eunha said as she just focus on class once more.

The bell rang and it was time for lunch, students burst out of their classrooms making a beeline towards the canteen as they chatted with their friends along the way. 

Eunha and Sana were placing their books in their locker till they saw Sowon walking by them. Everyone just stared at her, no one dared to even start a conversation with her. She gives out that aura that tells people, ‘Talk to me and i’ll jab you right in the guts for making eye contact with me’.

“Don’t you think it’s kind of weird that she doesn’t even to try making friends? Even when you clearly welcomed her warmly.” Sana said to Eunha.

“She’s just shy.” Eunha said before closing her locker and making her way to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter