Chapter-6

My Only Love

Jessica's POV

I was on my way to school with Krystal. But today, she kinda looks so worried. She hasn't said a word since we came out of the house. The only thing she did was sigh for I don't know how many times now. I wonder what's up with her.

"Soojung ah, anything wrong? Why do you keep on sighing?" I asked concerned.

"Oh? Its nothing really." 

I could tell she was lying. Who is she trying to fool here? I've known her well enough to make out whether she's telling me the truth or not.

"No...tell me...I know something's going on with you." I insisted. "It's written all over your face. You can't lie to me."

She let out a sigh again.

"Unnie...I'm so ruined."

"What are you talking about?" 

"I made a bet with Changmin oppa yesterday on whether Jaejoong oppa will confess to you or not. I bet that he won't and now he did and I lost. I don't know what Changmin oppa will ask me to do now."

"You agreed to bet when you didn't even know what he was gonna ask you to do?" I was actually shocked she even agreed to the bet. Has she always been such a fool?

"We agreed that the loser has to do whatever the winner tells to do."

She's really making me speechless right now. 

"Unniee..." she started whining. "What amI going to do? He won't ask me to do anything stupid or embarrassing right?"

"It'll be fine Soojung. Stop thinking about it." I smiled and reassured her.

We've reached the school and Krystal reminded me of my own problem.

"But, unnie, what are you gonna do about Jaejoong oppa?" She asked.

I totally forgot about him. How can I even forget that he confessed to me yesterday? I should probably go meet him now.

"I'll let you know later. Soojung ah, I need to go somewhere. You go to your class now." I told her and started walking towards Jaejoong oppa's class.

"Unnie, are you going to meet Jaejoong oppa now?" Krystal shouted behind me.

I didn't turn back to give her a reply. I was going straight to his class. But he wasn't there. Has he not arrived yet? I was walking down the hallways when I met Yoochun oppa.

"Oppa!" I called him.

"Oh...Sica?" He looked surprised to see me in their hallway. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Jaejoong oppa. I guess he hasn't arrived yet. He wasn't in the class."

"Really? But I saw him inside just a while ago."

Then, I remembered his "hide out" place. He must have gone there. 

"He must have gone somewhere then. Thanks oppa."

"Ok, see ya at practice, Sica."

"Yeah, see ya, Oppa."

I ran to the place where Jaejoong oppa would be. And I was right, he was there sitting so peacefully on the bench with his eyes closed. He seemed to be in deep thoughts. Should I go back and tell him later? I didn't want to disturb him now. I should probably go. I kept on thinking I should go but I felt like I was stuck to the ground. I didn't move. I just kept staring at him. His eyes, his nose, his lips. I wanted to touch them.

"Sica?" Jaejoong oppa opened his eyes and his voice woke me up from my thoughts.

"How long have you been here?" He asked.

How long have I been here? I don't know either. How long have I been staring at him? I was surprised at my own behaviour. I have never stared at any guy that long. 

"Oh...I came just now." I lied not wanting him to know I've been here this whole time staring at him cause that really sounds creepy.

He just gave a little laugh that ended as soon as it started as though telling me he could tell I was lying and I have been there long enough staring at his face. My face was burning from embarrassment. I could tell my face must be as red as an apple now.

"So, are you here to give me an answer?" He asked.

Thank God he asked or else I wouldn't have been able to start that conversation and would have came out telling him nothing but nonsense. 

"Okay, I'm ready to hear. Tell me." He was looking right in my eyes making me move my eyes away from his eyes. 

I gather up all the courage I had to tell him. Somehow I find it embarrassing to tell him myself. And considering this is actually my first time, I was even more nervous. I opened my mouth to say but nothing came out. There was only silence surrounding us.

"Sica, are you sure you want to give the answer now?" He asked. "I'm fine even if you take more..."

"No..oppa...I have to tell you today." I interrupted him. 

For one last time, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Sica, you can do this.

"I want to go out with you too, oppa. I think I like you too. I wanna try and make "us" work." There I finally said it. 

I finally opened my eyes to see Jaejoong oppa with the sweetest smile ever. He seemed satisfied and I just smiled at him too.

He pulled me closer and gave me a hug.

"Thank you, Sica. You're really making this day the best day of my life. I promise I'll be a really good boyfriend." He said making me smile with happiness. I was too happy that I couldn't control it. I bet anyone could from just looking at my face. Thank God he couldn't see me right now else it'll be so embarrassing.

He let me go of his embrace, looked at me in my eyes, and said, "Now, its time we make it official. Are you ready?"

Ready? For what?

"Yeah, I guess." I told him not knowing what he really meant.

Before I knew it, I was walking with him holding each other's hands in the school hallways. I could feel everyone staring at us. I felt like their stares could bear hole in us. I wished I could just make myself as tiny as an ant in that moment.

I could hear girls screaming and some cursing and badmouthing me. I knew Jaejoong oppa and the other guys have lots of fans in the school but I didn't know the girls were such bad . All these gossippings and cursings about me in every hallways that I passed made me feel like I was actually doing something very very wrong.

Jaejoong oppa dropped me off in front of my class and he was on his way to his class.

As soon as I entered my class, I could tell everyone had been talking about me. They all stared at me like I'm someone they have never seen. I just went to my seat and sat there ignoring all the stares and talkings about me. What has my life turned to in this instant?

"Sicaa!" 

Tiffany, Taeyeon and Sooyoung came running inside the class towards me. Thank God, they're here now.

"What's going on? Are these rumors true?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yeah"

"Since when?" They aksed.

"Today...Jaejoong oppa confessed yesterday."

"WHAT?" they all shouted in union.

"And you never told us?" Tiffany asked. They all looked so disappointed.

"Sorry I didn't tell you guys." I apologised. "I just wanted to tell you when everything is settled. But I'm sorry you had to find out this way."

"No...its fine." Taeyeon said. "We know how it feels to date those guys. The same thing happened to us too."

"Are you fine though?" Sooyoung asked.

"Yeah" I smiled. Somehow right now I feel totally fine after talking to them even when there are so many people talking bad about me and cursing me.

"It'll only last for a couple of weeks and everything will be fine again as they move on to other guys." Tiffany said.

"Thanks for letting me know." I said as I smiled.

Krystal's POV

The school's a total mess cause of unnie today. I guess she finally agreed to Jaejoong oppa. Everyone is talking about them. I'm happy for her and also worried that more than half the girls in the school are badmouthing her and cursing her. I texted her asking if she was okay but she didn't reply. Is she still with Jaejoong oppa? I could go out and meet her but I plan on not going out of the classroom today. I'm trying to avoid meeting Changmin oppa as much as I can. I may even miss the practice today.

"Soojung." Sulli came and sat next to me. "Why haven't you come out of the class this whole day?"

"I'm trying to avoid meeting someone." I told her.

"Who? The girls who are badmouthing Sica unnie?" She asked.

"No...its not them."

Why would I avoid those b*tches? I would have gone and fight with them now if it hadn't been for the bet. 

"Then, who?" She asked again.

"Changmin oppa. Remember the bet the told you yesterday?'

"Oh right so you lost!" She said.

"Ah...Sulli ah, what should I do?" I was whining to her.

"I'll tell you what to do." I heard a guy's voice. Oh no...wait...is that..?

I turned to see the person I have been trying to avoid this whole time.

"Changmin oppa"

"So are you keeping your promise or not?" He asked.

"Fine...what do you want me to do?" He asked.

"You know, Soojung, if you're not willing, we can call off the bet right now and pretend it never happened." He said

What is he trying to pull now? I can't give up right now. That'd make me look so pathetic. I have my pride to protect too.

"Who said I'm not willing? Just tell me what do you want me to do?" I asked trying to sound confident.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Yeah I'm sure." I said. "I promised I'd do whatever you tell me to do if I lose, and I never take promises lightly. What do you take me for?"

He gave a little smirk and said, "Okay then, I'll tell you what to do. But you can't back off after I tell you."

Oh God! Please let it be something simple. I kept on praying pretending to be confident all these while.

"You have to be my girlfriend for one month."

Wait...what? Did I just hear that right? Why would he want me to be his girlfriend for one month. I was left there speechless. I can't believe he's asking me this of all the other things he could probably ask.

"So what do you say?" He asked.

"Okay fine. For one month." I said trying to look like I didn't care at all.

"Ok then deal?" He took out his hand for a shake.

I shook his hand. 

"Deal."

"We have a date after practice today." He whispered near my ears, smiled and went away.

I just dropped on my seat still trying to process what happened just now. 

"Soojung? Are you okay?" Sulli asked.

"Yeah...Why wouldn't I be?" I said with a laugh.

Then I saw Sulli signaling me to look around me and when I did, I saw everyone inside the class staring at me.

"Was everyone here when that happened?" I asked.

"Yeah...they heard every single thing."

I wanted to just get buried somewhere silently right now. These people were making my day even more worst than it already was.

I could hear people gossipping about me and unnie everywhere I went. 

"What's up with the sisters? They just came and get the hot guys in school just like that. They must have flirted with them a lot."

I wanted to punch thr faces off everyone right now but I'm not brave enough to that.

"Hey, what do you guys know about them to talk sh*ts about them?" I heard someone tell those girls behind me.

I turned and it was Taeyeon unnie. Tiffany unnie, Sooyoung unnie and Sica unnie were there too.

"What are you? You didn't get enough of people badmouthing you too?" The girl was saying.

I can't believe how anyone could be so mean.

"You can badmouth all you want but the at the end of the day, the guys want us not you. So how's that?" Taeyeon unnie said it right at the girl's face.

I was quite impressed there. Way to go, Taeyeon unnie!! I could just get a cheerleader's outfit and cheer on Taeyeon unnie with a pom pom! 

But before I knew it, the unnies and the girls were pulling off each other's hairs. Oh nooo!! This is bad...so bad!!

I ran towards them and tried to pull them off each other with Sulli. No one was helping us though. Everyone in the school was actually enjoying this cat fight.

"Unnie, stop it. You guys will end up in the Principal office." I told them but no one listened.

I can't believe Sica unnie is also actually joining the fight. What is wrong with these girls?

"What's going on here?" I saw the guys coming and I was so thankful they did.

"Oppa! Come help me" I shouted.

All five of them helped me stop the fight. But it was too late cause apparently a teacher saw us and we were all called to the Principal's office. It's totally a day full of events.

The Principal was talking about discipline, manners...blah...blahss...I listened to him at first but then he didn't stop and it got boring so I stopped listening.

"All of you will be detained for 1 hour after class today." The Principal said.

Really? Only one hour? I thought he was gonna call our parents. I'm glad he didn't though.

"But next time, I'll make sure to call your parents." He said. "I'm going easy on you today cause this is the first time for all of you."

"Sorry, sir" we said and came out of his room.

The y girls walked ahead of us. They seemed pretty pissed off.

10 of us stood there for a while and started bursting into laughter trying not to make a sound. We couldn't stop laughing as we look as one another cause all of us look pretty messed up right now after the fight.

Jessica's POV

I got into a fight today and it felt pretty good somehow. We all decided to skip the practice for today and instead we went to hang out all together. I guess all of us wanted to be "bad" for just today. 

I also found out Krystal and Changmin oppa are gonna be in a "relationship" for one month. I'm sure Changmin oppa has something planned when he made the bet. I need to find out what he's planning. Maybe I should ask Jaejoong oppa. 

All of us were walking around eating the street foods. I'm amazed at how good it tastes. I wished everyday could be fun like today. We were all together having fun laughing without a care in the world. 

The sun has already set while we were having fun.

"Hyung, I'm hungry. Let's go to your mom's restaurant." Changmin suggested.

"Didn't you eat all the street foods too?" Jaejoong asked.

"You know I have an extra large stomach."

Everyone laugh at  Changmin oppa.

"Sica, is it fine with you?" Jaejoong oppa asked.

"What?"

"Is it fine if we go to my mom's restaurant?"

I didn't know what to say. I just started going out with him today and I wasn't ready to meet his mom yet but I didn't want everyone else especially Changmin to be disappointed too. They were all eagerly waiting for my answer.

"Yeah...sure...I guess I'll be fine." I said.

"Yes! Sica! You're the best!" Changmin opla shouted.

We were on our way to the restaurant. I was nervous. Is it fine to meet his mother so soon? Maybe she won't know...she doesn't need to know I'm his girlfriend.

Just then, Jaejoong oppa took my hand and said, "Everything will be fine...my mom's a really good person. She'll love you. But I won't tell her today that you're my girlfriend if you want me to."

"Thank you." I said and smiled at me. I just love how he understands me so much even if I don't say anything.

He smiled back at me.

We stopped in front of a restaurant. It's kinda small but very neat. It's written as "Kim family" on a board on top of the restaurant.

A middle aged woman came out greeting her. I guess that's his mom. She was very beautiful even if she had no make upon and looked so much like Jaejoong. Her skin, eyes, nose, lips...everything about her resembled Jaejoong's.

"Aigoo...how long has it been? Changmin ah, you have become taller from the last time I saw you." She said and gave each of them a hug. "Wait here, I'l bring you guys rice and side dishes."

Jaejoong oppa went to help his mom. I was sitting there with all of them. I could tell they have come here frequently before. They looked like siblings waiting for the mother to serve them food.

"Sica, Jaejoong hyung's mom is a really good cook. You will never get to taste anything as good anywhere in Korea." Changmin oppa said. 

"Maybe, Sica will get to learn from her later on." Tiffany teased me.

Just then, Jaejoong oppa and his mom came out with the food. 

"Who are they? I'm seeing them for the first time." Jaejoong's mom said looking at me and Krystal.

"This is Sica or Sooyeon. She's Jaejoong hyung's gf." Changmin oppa said before I could say anything. "And this is Soojung. She's my gf. They're both sisters. They came from the States."

Changmin oppa really has a way to ruin plans. We were not planning on telling her today.

I looked at Jaejoong oppa and he just nodded telling me it's fine. But I felt like it's not fine.

I just got up from my seat, gave a 90 degree bow and introduced myself properly.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jung Sooyeon. I'm sorry I didn't greet you properly."

"Its okay...what are you apologising for?" She said. "You're so pretty. I didn't know my son has good eyes for girls. I'm getting a pretty daughter thanks to my son now" She joked.

"Thank you." I said and just smiled.

"You should start eating now. The food will get cold. I'll go finish my works." She said and went inside.

The food was really good just like Changmin oppa said. I wish I could cook as good as her.

We finished eating and were ready leave. Jaejoong oppa's mom came out again sending us off.

"Thanks so much for the food." We said.

"You guys should come often. I feel so happy seeing you guys eat together."

"Yes, mom, we'll come frequently." Yunho oppa said.

"Okay, then...Jaejoong ah, you should walk Sooyeon home."

"Okay, mom, see you at home."

The others went on their way and again it was only me, Jaejoong oppa, Krystal and Changmin oppa.

I was full of smiles on the way home. I felt so happy that Jaejoong oppa's mom like me too.

"Why are you smiling a lot today?" Jaejoong oppa asked as he looked at me.

"I'm just happy that's all."

"Are you really that happy that you're with me now?" He was teasing me.

"No...I'm just happy that your mom called me Sooyeon. Not many people call me that you know."

"Then I should call you Sooyeon too. A name that only I can call." He said.

"But your mom is calling me that already. So you're not the only one who's gonna call me that." 

"Really? Then I should think of a new name then."

We were already in front of our house.

"Okay, good luck with that." I told him. I was about to get inside when he called me.

"Sica...wait."

I turned around and he came closer and gave me a peck on my cheek.

"Sleep tight" he said.

"You too, oppa." I smiled and said.

Krystal was already inside.

"Unnie, I just saw you guys...did he kiss you?" She asked.

"No...you saw it wrong." I told her.

Is she spying on me now?

My phone beeped. I took out to see a message from Jaejoong oppa.

It said, "You're my "aegyi" from now on."

I couldn't help but smile as I read that. Nothing else could make me happy as I was today.

"Is that Jaejoong oppa?" Krystal asked.

"No its not."

"I could tell its him. You can't lie to me with those smiles all over your face."

"Go sleep Soojung." I said and closed my door.

*aegyi means baby in korean. I used this cause in a show where TVXQ had to give a msg to their future wives, Jaejoong said he would call his wife "aegyi" and it sounded so y yet cute and sweet.*