Chapter-4

My Only Love

Jaejoong's POV

It was lunch break and I was roaming around the school campus trying to get some fresh air and away from people. I needed some time to think.

I sat on a bench below a tree, closed my eyes and tried to relax for a while. 

"Oppa..." I heard a voice that woke me up.

I opened my eyes to find Jessica standing in front of me.

"What were you doing here alone?" She asked as she sat next to me.

"Nothing...I was just doing some thinking."

"So have you finished? Thinking?"

"No...rather...I guess I snoozed out. What are you doing here Sica? Why aren't you with the girls?"

"I needed to do some thinking too." She smiled.

"Oppa...the song yesterday...its really beautiful. How did you come up with such lyrics?" She asked me with her curious eyes.

"Lyrics just come to me when I'm alone and when I just let my mind wander. I wrote that song while I was sitting here in the same place and the wind was blowing that day...and somehow it just came to me and I wrote it." I explained.

"Wow...oppa you're really cool. I wish I could write like you."

"You should try writing then...once you start...it becomes easier."

"Okay." She said and just nodded.

"How's life here in Korea? You've adjusted right?" I asked her.

"Yeah...I love it here." She said. I could see she really meant it from her eyes. And I was glad. "I'm so happy that I met you guys and became a part of the club. You guys have made my new life here so easy."

"I'm happy to hear that." I told her. "So...you don't miss L.A.?"

"Not really...I sometimes do miss the friends there but we were never really that close...I spent most of my days with Soojung only. We were like the best friends for each other." 

"It must be nice having a sibling." I told her. Honestly, I've always wanted a sibling ever since I was a kid.

"Yeah...it is...oppa...are you an only child?"

I just nodded and smiled.

"Sica...do you want to go somewhere with me after practice today?" I asked her.

"Where?"

"You'll know when we reach."

"So it's a surprise?" She asked looking so excited.

"Yeah sort of."

We both smiled. I just wished the time would just stop now. Will she ever be mine? Will I ever get to call her "my girl"?

I just want everything to stop right now so that I can keep looking at her beautiful face, her pretty smile. I was afraid too thinking if she won't love me like I love her. 

"Oh...we should get back to class, oppa." She said looking at her watch breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Yeah...we should." We got up and suddenly I remembered we don't have each other's number.

"Sica...wait. Give me your phone."

She gave it to me looking clueless. I gave a missed call from her phone and gave it back to her.

"That's my number...you should save it."

"Oh...okay."

Then, we smiled at each other again and are on our way to our respective classes.

Jessica's POV

I wonder where Jaejoong oppa is planning to take me. I'm curious and excited to see what he has in store for me today cause everyday I seem to know something new about him. It's like there's just no end in knowing him. Just when I thought I finally know him, I realise I don't. 

"Sica...wait up!" Taeyeon shouted from behind.

"Where were you during lunch break?" She asked as she caught up with me. "We were all looking for you."

"Oh...I was just outside getting some fresh air and I met Jaejoong oppa" 

"What did you guys talk about?" She aksed hoping for some interesting stories, I suppose.

"Nothing much...we were just talking about the song." I didn't tell her about my plans with Jaejoong oppa after practice tonight. 

Then, we saw Tiffany and Sooyoung in the hallways talking. As soon as they saw me and Taeyeon, they came towards us.

"Sica...where were you? We couldn't even reach you." Tiffany said looking worried.

"She was just outside with Jaejoong oppa." Taeyeon told them.

"With Jaejoong oppa?" Sooyoung asked, again, hoping for something interesting.

"Apparently, they talked about only the songs. Nothing interesting." Taeyeon answered in my place again. 

"Ayy...that's so boring. You should've talked about other interesting things." Said Tiffany.

"Like what?" I asked her.

"You know...sica..."said Sooyoung. "It's written all over your face that you like Jaejoong oppa."

"No...I don't....that's not..." I denied.

"And judging from what the guys said, Jaejoong oppa also seems to have feelings for you." Sooyoung continued without letting me finish.

"We're late for class." I told them and walked ahead of them trying to avoid thus conversation.

In the class, I'm still thinking about what the girls said and what Krystal told me yesterday. Are they telling the truth? Or is this some kind of a joke or prank they plan together? I told myself I shouldn't care about this and just forget it but I couldn't focus in the class anymore. All I did was think if Jaejoong oppa really likes me and do I like him too?

Krystal's POV

We finished our practice a bit earlier today cause apparently, everyone seems to be having plans today. 

Even unnie had plans with Jaejoong oppa. They said they need to go somewhere together leaving me and Changmin oppa alone. I wonder where they're going.

Could Jaejoong oppa be confessing his feelings to unnie? If that happens, what would be unnie's reaction? I suddenly got so curious.

"Oppa where do you think Sica unnie and Jaejoong oppa are going?" I asked Changmin oppa.

"I'm not sure too." He said. "Do you think Jaejoong hyung will confess today?"

"Maybe...I don't know...but is it true? That Jaejoong oppa likes unnie?"

"Yeah...why? You don't believe me?"

"No...it's just that Jaejoong oppa doesn't really show any signs of it." 

"It's cause he's trying hard to suppress his feelings. He never keeps love as his priority before. But this time, I'm pretty sure he can't help it. I could see it in his face."

"Really? I can't see anything in his face?" I joked.

"Do you want to bet?" He suddenly suggested.

"On what?" I asked having no clue about what he was suddenly saying.

"On whether Jaejoong hyung will confess or not?" He said with a wide grin on his face that makes his eyes become mismatched making him look so cute.

"I say he won't." I told him. Even if he said Jaejoong oppa really liked unnie, I don't think he'll confess today.

"I say he will." He said. He sounded so confident.

"Wait...Jaejoong oppa didn't tell you anything before hand, did he?" I asked getting suspected since he was so confident. 

"No...I swear. He didn't tell me anything. I didn't even know he had plans with Sica today."

"Okay fine...so what will we do when one of us loses?"

"The loser has to agree to what the winner says." He suggested.

"Ok deal." I said trying to sound confident.

But somewhere inside me feels uneasy too. What is he planning on asking me to do if I lose? I hope it's nothing weird. Noo...I shouldn't be thinking about losing now. I should think about what I'd make him do when he lose. Yeah that's how it should be. I'm not gonna lose.