Chapter-15

My Only Love

Jaejoong's POV

Time has been passing so fast these days. I have been busy studying and didn't even have much time to hang out with Sica. And, exam is already starting today. I'm getting ready to leave for the exam now. I'm on my way to give the exam with the hope that Jessica will also be there cheering me on.

I reached the place and saw Yunho, Junsu and Yoochun already there. I went towards them. Everyone was there...Changmin, Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu, Tiffany, Sooyoung, Taeyeon...but I couldn't find the one person I hoped to see today. I thought of calling her but I left my phone at home. 

I guess Changmin could tell what I was thinking. 
"Hyung, I don't think she'll come nkw."
"Did she call you?" I asked anxiously.
"No...Soojung called a while ago and said they won't be able to make it cause of some family issues."

I wonder if everything's okay. I was worried about what must be going on.

"Oppa, I'm sure everything's fine. Just focus on the exam for now." Tiffany said.

"Yeah...thanks." I replied.

Jessica's POV

I was hiding in a corner and waiting for Jaejoong oppa to go inside. I couldn't bring myself to go in front of him now. 
"Unnie, should we go now? He already went inside." Soojung said.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Okay, let's go." 

I walked towards my friends hwho were there already. 

"Sica, Soojung!" Sooyoung shouted as soon as she saw us."Why did u come so late? They already went inside."

"I thought you guys won't come." Changmin oppa said looking a bit shock to see us when he wasn't expecting.

"Guys, I need to tell you something" I said.

Everyone looked at me a bit lost. 

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked.

"I'm leaving...tomorrow..."

"Leaving? Where?" Tiffany asked still looking lost.

"L.A...I'm going back to L.A."

"But...why? Why so suddenly?" Changmin oppa asked.

"I have to go there now to go to the fashion school I have always wanted to go to."

Everyone looked so shock. I felt so bad breaking this news to them.

"What about Jaejoong hyung?" Changmin oppa asked.

"I'm ending things with him." A tear fell as I said those words.

"No...Sica...you can't do this to him." Taeyeon said.

"I know...but I have a dream to live." I almost broke down trying to reason with them.

"I think I need some time to get this all in." Taeyeon said and left. I could see the tears on her eyes too.

Everyone followed her and left me with Soojung.

"Unnie...are you okay?"
"Yeah...I'm fine."

"Will you be able to tell Jaejoong oppa?"

"I have to...no matter what."

I stood there with Soojung for hours. I know everyone must be hurt when I told them I'm leaving but I still wish to see them tomorrow before I leave.

"Unnie...they're starting to come out now."

I saw Jaejoong oppa, Yunho,Junsu and Yoochun coming out too. My heart started beating so fast when I saw Jaejoong oppa. The thought of breaking this news to him made me want to just run away instead.

But before I could do anything, they were walking towards us.

"Hey! Soojung! Sica!" Yoochun oppa shouted and waved at us.

I just smiled back.

"Oppa, how was the exam?"

"I don't even care." Yoochun oppa joked and laughed out.

"Oppa, since your exam is over now, buy me snacks." Soojung said.

Yoochun oppa looked at me, then Jaejoong oppa, then Soojung. He knew Soojung was trying to give me some time with Jaejoong oppa.

"Okay! It'll be our treat then." He said dragging both Yunho and Junsu oppa too. "Wahh...Soojung! You really have good sense."

It was just me and Jaejoong oppa now.

"You did well right?" I asked with a smile.

"Of course...but I would have done better if you came before the exam." He said with a little pout.

"Sorry I couldn't make it."

"No...it's fine now that you're here." He said and smiled. "So what should we do now?" He asked. "You wanna go eat? Or shopping? You love shopping right?" He was very excited.

"Let's go to that place."

"Where?" He asked clueless.

"Your place at school."

"Why would you want to go there now?" He asked not understanding what was going on.

"I just wanna go."

By the time we reached the place, it was already evening. The place was just the same. The tree was just there in place, the lights were on, the bench we used to sit together was still there. 

"Ahh...it feels so good. I feel so free now that exam is over. And I can spend more time with you again." His voice was full of excitement.

"Tell me whatever you wanna do. We'll do it." He said. He was full of smiles.

I can't do this but I have to do it now. In a few seconds, I'll be taking away that bright smile off his face and I'll forever be punished for that. But I have to do it.

"Do you know why I asked to come here today?" I asked trying to swallow in the tears that's about to come out. I tried keeping a straight face.

"Tell me..." he said curiously.

"Our story...this is where it started...and today...I'm ending it here." I couldn't even bring myself to look at his eyes. I just kept looking down.

"What do you mean? Is something wrong?" He asked. 

"I'm leaving fo L.A. tomorrow." 

"So? What do you mean you're ending our story? You're gonna come back right?" I could sense the panic the worriness in his voice.

"No...I'm not coming back.." I said as I started breaking down in front of him. I couldn't hold myself together anymore.

He remained silent for so long. I didn't know what to say or do. I just kept on crying.

After a while he came towards me and held me in his arms.
"It's okay,Sica. We'll make it work. We don't need to break up." He was choking in his tears as he said.
It was warm and comforting I waa almost convinced but I knew very well it would just end up hurting both of us more. 

As much as I want to be in his embrace, I pushed him away, wiped my tears away and said, "No...it won't work. We should end it now."

"Sica, don't do this to me. Please. Don't leave" I could see him almost falling to his knees.

I can't bare to watch this. I have to leave now.

"No...Oppa..please...don't do this." I said. I couldn't control my tears that kept on falling. 

"I have to go now." I said and ran as far as I could with my tears streaming down my face with no end. 

I was out of breath from running and crying the whole time. I stopped at the bus stop and sat there for a while waiting for my bus. 

I got on the bus and sat on the seat looking outside the window. Someone sat next to me and he was quite out of breath. I looked at the side to see who he was and was shocked to see Jaejoong oppa sitting next to me.

"At least let me take you home for the last time today." He said. He was trying hard to smile and show he's fine but I could see right through his eyes that he's not. "Even if we are to break up, let's end it tomorrow. For today, let's love each other more."

My heart was broken into pieces and it was crying inside.

We got off the bus and was on my way home. I was walking ahead with Jaejoong oppa following me silently. We didn't say a word. Just then, he came forward, and held my hands. 

"I told you we should be in love for today at least. This is not how we used to walk right? We should be holding our hands." He said and smiled.

The time reached my home, he reluctantly let go of my hand.

"So, I guess this is farewell then." I said. "I'm sorry." I couldn't help but apologise.

"No...this is not farewell, Sica. You will always be my little princess. You'll be the person you want to be and I'll also become the person I want to be and we'll meet again and continue our story. This is not the end, okay?" He said as he looked into my eyes.

I just nodded my head and a tear fell down agaim. 

At that moment, he came towards me and embraced me. So, this is really the last embrace I could get from him.

He let go after so long and finally left after I went inside. He will always be a beautiful story in my life.