Chapter-5

My Only Love

Jessica's POV

Practice ended and Jaejoong oppa and I were on our way to "the place". I still don't know where he's taking me. I just followed him on the bus. 

When the bus stops, he got up.

"Have we reached?" I aksed him.

"About to...come..." he said as he took my hand as I got up. 

We got down the bus and continued walking. He was still holding my hand. Honestly, I wished he would never let go. 

But before I knew, we were in front of the school. I didn't know what was going on. He looked at me and smiled.

"Don't you think we're in the wrong place?" I asked confused.

"No...it's the right place." He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. Of all the places, why here? I wonder what he's upto.

"You didn't even know where I was gonna taking you in the first place. And you're telling me it's the wrong place." He said and laughed.

"Right." I just laughed with him.

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

"Come." He said still holding my hand taking me to the other side of the school.

He stopped where there was a shorter wall surrounding the school. He took out some bricks lying at a corner, stacked them up and told me to climb up on that and go inside the school.

I was shocked. Are we breaking into the school this late at night? How am I supposed to climb over the other side? Is he not insane?

"Here...don't be scared. No one will find out and there's already some bricks on the other side too. You won't fall or get hurt." He said when I stood there unwilling to climb over.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah...I'll be right after you." He said.

I had no choice. I climbed on the stack of bricks and climbed over the other side. He came right behind me.

It was pretty dark inside. Jaejoong oppa took out a torch light and he went ahead and I just followed him.

He stopped suddenly and when I looked in front of him I saw a fully lighted place among all the dark places in the school. It was the place where we met today. Somehow, it seemed more beautiful now with the lights lighting the place up among all the darkness and with no one around. 

"This is it." He said and turned to face me.

"Wow. It's so beautiful. I can't believe its the same place where I was just some hours ago." I said still amazed.

We sat on the same bench under the tree.

"I come here everytime I need to think. I write most of my lyrics here too. Somehow my mind gets so fresh when I come here." He said. I could see his fondness of this place just from his eyes as he talked about it. 

"I came here at night for the first time when I was in 2nd year." He continued. "Life was too hard to handle. So I snuck inside the school and stayed here for a while and it made me so much better. So I have been coming here a lot since then. That's why I kept the bricks in the corner too. So that I can snuck in anytime I want too."

"Did you light up this place too?" I asked.

"No...it has always been here. For some reason, they always keep this place properly lighted. There hasn't been a time when the light went out too." 

I could tell the place means a lot to him. But I wonder why he wanted to take me here.

"Sica...there's something I need to tell you today." He sounded so serious suddenly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I've never brought anyone here. I never even tell the guys about this place. This is like my little hide out. But you're the first. I wanted to show you everything. I don't want to hide anything from you. I want to know everything about you and I want you to know everything about me too. I love you Sica. No one has ever made me feel this way. I tried to suppress my feelings cause I thought confessing my feelings might burden you. Call me selfish but I just had to let you know. I don't want to regret not telling you. I love you." He said. 

No one has ever confessed their feelings to me this way. His eyes tell me he meant everything he said. I didn't know what to do or say.

"Oppa..."

"No...You don't need to give your answer right away, Sica. I want you to think it through. I don't want you to reject me just by a moment's thought and I don't want you to accept me just by a moment' thought too."

He came closer to me, held my face in both his hands, and put his lips on my forehead.

Everything seemed to be moving so fast. I didn't want to move away from him. I wanted to be forever in his embrace. I guess what I'm feeling right now is love too...but I couldn't say anything.

He looked at my face again and smiled.

"Come we should go now. It's late." He said. 

He took my hand and we started walking towards the bus stop. I was still too shocked with what happened earlier that I didn't know what to do or say. So many thoughts keep circling around my head.

Before I knew it, we were on the bus. How did I even climb over the wall again? I couldn't remember anything. The words that Jaejoong oppa confessed kept replaying over and over again in my head. 

The bus stopped at our stop and we got down and continued walking towards our home. We didn't say anything the whole time. We just kept on walking.

We reached in front of my house. I wished him goodnight and when I was about to go inside, he called.

"Sica..."

"Yeah oppa?" I turned around.

"Think well ok?" He said with a sweet smile that made my mind go even more wild than it already was.

"Okay." I said and just smiled back.

Jaejoong's POV

I was on my way home after sending off Jessica. I still can't believe I actually confessed my feelings to her today. I was trying to be calm in front of her but inside, I was nervous like hell. I'm still nervous about what her answer will be.

"Hyung" Someone called me from behind.

I turned around to see Changmin standing only a few metres away from me.

What is he doing outside at this time?

"You came back only now?" He asked as he came towards me.

"What are you doing outside?" I asked.

"I was waiting for you."

"Why?" I could tell he has something already planned in his head.

"I wanted to know what happened today with Sica. Did you confess?" He asked. I don't get why he's so excited.

"Why do you care?"

"I made a bet with Soojung." He said.

"A bet?"

"Yeah...on whether you'll confess today or not. I said you would but she said you wouldn't. So did you?"

"Sigh...I can't believe you made a bet on that." I said. 

"Just tell me whether you did or not." 

"I did...happy?"

"Really? Wow! Hyung! You're really great." He gave me a thumbs up. "So what did she say?"

"Nothing...I told her to thinkit through and give me an answer."

"She'll say "yes", hyung." He said. I don't know what makes him so confident.

"What makes you so sure?" I asked.

"Just..my feelings tell me that she likes you too."

"Yeah... you and your feelings." I . "So what are you gonna do since you won the bet?"

"I'm gonna make Soojung my girlfriend now."

"WHAT?" I can't believe he made a bet just for that.

"Can't you just confess properly?" I asked.

"No...I need her to fall for me too."

Sometimes I really don't know how his mind works.

"Hyung...you should go home now...Thanks so much by the way." He gave me a hug and went running towards his house.

"Bye hyung. See you tomorrow." He shouted again.

"See ya" I shouted back.

He sure is excited now.

Krystal's POV

I was in the living room waiting for unnie to come back. I'm still worried about the bet. Am I gonna lose? 

"I'm home." I heard unnie getting inside.

"Oh unnie...you're back." I ran towards her. I need to know what happened today with her and Jaejoong oppa.

"Where's mom and dad?" She asked.

"They're in their room. I told them you went to Tiffany unnie's place to study."

"Thank you, Soojungie. I'll go let them know I'm back."

She went inside our parents' room and I waited for her to come out again.

I followed her to her room. She just went straight to her bed.

"Unnie...tell me what happened today."

She sat up on her bed. She looked like she had a lot going on her mind now.

"Unnie...are you okay?" I was worried looking at her. 

Why did she come back looking so...i don't know...mindless? Cause that's what she looks like to me now.

We just sat there on her bed not saying anything. I was waiting for her to start talking whenever she feels like. I knew she would start talking if I was just next to her.

"He confessed." She said after sometime.

"Who?" I was caught offguard when she said that so suddenly.

"Jaejoong oppa.." she said.

Did I just hear it right? Jaejoong oppa really confessed to her today?

"So what did you say?" I asked her.

"He told me to think it through...he doesn't want me to give an answer immediately."

"So what do you think unnie? Do you like him?"

"I think I do..." she looks so confuse right now.

" Unnie....if you like him, you should go out with him. I don't want you to regret later on. I want you to be with the person you love and who loves you too. I think Jaejoong oppa is a really good guy. Maybe you should give hima chance." 

"You think so?" She asked me.

"Yes"

"Soojung ah, I'm so glad to have you by my side." She said and hugged me.

"Me too...unnie....I'm so lucky that you're my sister."

This is the thing with us. We get emotional a lot. Being in L.A., even if we had friends, we were the only best friends we had for each other. We were inseparable. If we have anything troubling us, we had no one to talk to except each other. 

"Unnie...you should do what you think is best." I told her.

"Yeah...you should go to sleep...its late already." She said.

"Okay unnie...goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I came to my room and got ready to sleep when suddenly, I'm reminded of the bet. The bet. Jaejoong oppa confessed today. That means I lost! 

I was too carried away when I heard unnie telling me about Jaejoong oppa that I forgot everything about the bet. But now its starting to haunt me.

What is he planning on making me do?