Chapter-24

My Only Love

Jessica's POV

Jaejoong oppa was standing right in front of me. Why was he here? He was smiling at me. It was different than the last time I saw him. I thought he was ignoring me which he had every right to do so. But now he was in front of me with the smile that I had not seen in years. 

"Unnie, I'm so sorry." Soojung said as she left me alone with Jaejoong oppa.

Of course it was her plan. I wondered what she told Jaejoong oppa.

"Sorry oppa...I didn't tell you I'm leaving today." I told him.

He remained silent. I didn't know why he came here and he wasn't saying anything. 

"Oppa...I should go now. Sorry." I told him as I got my luggage and walked away.

"Can't you stay?" I heard him say.

I stopped walking and stood there. I felt my heart beating fast and I was almost in tears.  Why was I feeling this way? Was I waiting for him to stop me all this time?

"Remember...we have a story to finish?" he continued.

I remembered the day he walked me home the day we broke up and told me we'd continue our story when I came back. But I never did until now. Before I even realized, tears were streaming down my face. I tried to hold it back it was in vain. I kept turning my back to him to hide my tears. But  I felt his hand on my shoulders making me face him. I kept my head down as he tried to look at my face. I knew he'd know anyway but I still didn't want him to see me cry. 

"Why are you crying? Don't cry." He said as he hugged me. "I'm gonna make you happy now. I'm not letting you go anymore." 

"Will you come with me now?" He said as he wiped away my tears.

I just nodded my head. I was actually kinda embarrassed after all that crying. He took my luggage in one hand and held my hand with the other and led me to his car.

But surprisingly when we reached his car, everyone else was there.

"Congratulations!" They shouted and even Yoochun oppa and Tiffany were watching everything through video call.

I was actually embarrassed that they did this in front of so many people. They were being so loud and I was literally hiding my face from people that passed by.

"We decided to celebrate here cause afterwards we might be disturbing you guys since you'd have lots to talk about." Sooyoung told her. "We're leaving now."

"They never change." Jaejoong oppa remarked and we laughed together.

"Where should we go?" He asked as he drove.

"Maybe the hotel? I should leave the luggage and everything." I told him.

"Are you still gonna stay in the hotel?" He asked me. "You can come stay with me if the hotel is inconvenient. I have an empty room anyway." He offered.

"Really? Will it be fine?" I asked.

"Sure." He said with a smile.

"But I still need to go to London. I need to finish up some things there." I told him.

If I planned on staying here forever, I needed to go there and resign from my job and even sell my apartment. I would have to start thinking about getting a job here too. No, Sica, just one thing at time. Don't go beyond.

"Ok...when do you plan on going?" he asked me.

"I don't know...maybe in a few days."

"Don't make me wait for long again, ok?" He said as he held my hand and gave a smile.

I smiled back and nodded.

Yes, I need to make this right this time. I've hurt him enough and in the process hurt myself too. I should find my happiness now...no...our happiness.

We got a text simultaneously. I checked who it was from and it was from Sooyoung.

"We're meeting up in our cafe to celebrate. So better come."

"Sooyoung?" Jaejoong oppa asked after checking his message too.

"Yeah."

"I thought they were not gonna disturb us." He joked.

"I guess they're more excited." I told him.

"Of course they are." 

That night, we all hung out at Sooyoung's cafe. 

"We're so glad you guys are finally together again. You guys were the most perfect couple then." Junsu oppa said.

"Soojung did a really good job!" Taeyeon said.

"Cheers to our Soojung!" Changmin oppa said and everyone cheered their beers.

"So, how does it feel being back together?" Sooyoung asked us.

"Why are you even asking that? It's embarrassing." I told her embarrassed to talk about my feelings in front of them all.

"Come on tell us." Everyone was encouraging us to talk.

"My feelings for Sica never changed, not even once. I tried so many times to forget but you guys know better how that went. So, having her by my side again...I don't even have anything I could ask for now." Jaejoong oppa told with all his sincerity taking everyone's attention away from me.

Hearing him say that, I had to hold back my tears again. I didn't know why he kept on saying things that made me tear up.

"As expected, Jaejoong hyung! You're the man!" Changmin oppa said and gave him a fist bump.

As everyone left, only Jaejoong oppa and me were left. 

"Do you wanna take a walk?" He asked me.

I agreed and as we were walking he held my hands and put it inside his trench coat's pocket.

"It's cold, isn't it?" He said.

I just gave him a smile.

"Sica, why don't you tell me now?" He told me all of a sudden.

I looked at him confused as to what he was referring to.

"About what you feel to be back together again?" 

"Do I have to?" I asked. I was usually not good at expressing myself but his face told me he wanted me to answer and besides he told his feelings in front of everyone. So I can do this at least.

"Okay." I told him. "You see I've always regretted leaving you. I thought I'd be fine as time pass. I thought I was fine too after I found my ex husband but it was only after I married him that i realized I wasn't happy or fine at all. I couldn't show myself to you guys too cause I was too embarrassed. I thought it was the punishment I had to endure for hurting you..." I was crying as I told him.

He embraced me before I could finish and said, "Now I'm gonna make you forget all the bad things and only give you good things to remember. So you don't have to cry anymore."