Chapter-17

My Only Love

AFTER 12 YEARS

Jaejoong's POV

I was busy tending to my patients when my phone rang. I didn't even mind checking who called me. I rejected the call and continued what I was doing. 

It was already 7:00 pm when I finished my duty. I came out of the hospital I was working at and got in my car. I just wanted to get home, have a nice hot bath, eat and just sleep.

Before I start my car, I checked my phone to see any missed calls or messages. I saw 3 missed calls and a voicemail from Yoochun.

"Hey! Why aren't you answering my calls? Everyone's meeting up at 8:00 pm tonight. Come to "Kori restaurant". You definitely should come. No excuses." He said through the voicemail. 

I checked my watch and it was 7:15 pm. I still got time to reach there on time.

When I reached the place, everyone was already there. Yoochun, Yunho, Junsu, Changmin, Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Tiffany. They welcomed me with smiles and "heys". I have been too busy to even hang out with them.

Everyone was happy meeting again after so long. We were telling stories that we never got to tell cause of our busy lives, everyone was laughing and getting along like usual.

"By the way..Why did you call us out today?" asked Sooyoung. 

"Well...we wanted to give you these." Said Tiffany grinning with her eye smile as she and Yoochun handed out what seemed like cards to us all.

"Oh! It's a wedding invitation card!" Screamed Taeyeon.

Tiffany was nodding and her face was full of smiles and so was Yoochun's as they held each other's hand.

Yes. Tiffany and Yoochun are finally getting married. They have been preparing for it since last year and finally we got the invitation cards in our hands now. Tiffany was so busy and stressed out trying to make it the perfect wedding as Yoochun told me.

All of us were happy for them we we congratulated them again.

"And we are performing too on that day. A band reunion." Said Tiffany.

"What? But it's been ages...we don't sing or play anymore..." Sooyoung complained and everyone agreed with her

"I trust you guys...you guys can still do it...I know!Do it for me...please??" Tiffany was pleading giving us the puppy face. She knew everyone would agree when she does this and as expected everyone had no choice but to agree.

"Oh and I sent it to Jessica and Krystal too. I recently got in touch with them." Tiffany excitedly said.

But her words made everyone become silent. I could feel everyone looking at me. And giving Tiffany the look of why she had to say that in front of me.

"Jaejoong oppa...I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to..." 

"It's okay Fany...it's all in the past anyway. Besides it wouldn't be a band reunion without them" I told her with a smile.

"Yes! That's why I called them too" She said.

"Well...are they coming?" Taeyeon asked.

"Krystal said she's coming but don't know about Sica." Changmin said.

Yes Changmin and Krystal are still together even in this long distance.

"Yeah...Krystal said she's coming but I haven't heard from Sica yet.."Tiffany said.

After a few hours of endless talkings, and plannings for the wedding, everyone left and I too reached my home.

I sat on the sofa with a glass of wine. I was thinking of her...Sica...

All these years she never contacted me...I was always missing her...always worried for her...didn't she feel the same for me? As for me, I never once stopped loving her.

I used hear about her from Krystal for about a year. But a year after she left, Krystal also left for LA and I stopped hearing about Sica too. Changmin followed Krystal till LA to study there 2 years later but he said Sica moved to London and heard nothing about her.
The last thing I heard about Sica was when Changmin came back to Korea 5 years ago. He said she got married to a Korean American guy. That was the last thing...and we never talked about her again although I still think of her everytime until Tiffany brought her up today.  

Will she show up in the wedding? Will I get to see her finally after 12 years? 

Jessica's POV

As I reached my home from office, I saw an evelope lying on my doorstep. I took it up and went inside and left it on a table. I didn't even bother to open it until I got a glass of water and sat down and saw the address from where it was sent.

I saw South Korea written there. And Tiffany's name. I was curious what it could be. I opened the evelope to see a card and a letter. I opened the card and it's a wedding invitation!!

"Tiffany and Yoochun oppa's getting married?!!!" I gasped as I put my hands on my mouth. I was surprised but happy for them too.

I didn't know they were still together after all these years.

I opened the letter next and I could tell it was Tiffany just from her handwriting. I still remember and that made me smile. 

"Hey Sica!
It's been so long right?" I could literally hear her voice as I read through the letter.
"How have you been? I miss you so much and so does everyone. I don't know why you never contacted us since you left. We were so disappointed but because I know you'd have a reason, I still waited for the time when you would finally talk to us. You didn't think of ignoring us your whole life, do you?
As you've seen from the card, it's my wedding Sica and I want you to be there. I'm also planning on our band reunion on my wedding so you have to be there okay? 
Oh I heard you got married too. You gotta introduce your husband to us too, don't you think? I sent one to Krystal too. I'll be waiting for you." And she left her email and contact no. 

I was smiling as I read through the letter but didn't realise the tears that were falling too. 

I suddenly realised how much I miss them too. But I could never bring myself to contact them or visit them cause I always get reminded of Jaejoong oppa and how I broke his heart. It was so hard for me to get over everything when I first left Korea. In the process of trying to get over Jaejoong oppa, I ended up going out with a guy. It was going good...we even moved to London together and got married 5 years ago. But 2 years after the wedding, everything changed. He was busy meeting other girls and I was always alone at home. I had to go through endless nights of crying until I finally divorced him. And ever since my marriage went wrong, all I could think of was Jaejoong oppa. I'm full of regrets and I believed I'm being punished for leaving him like that.

Everything I tried to forget was coming back one by one after I read the letter. I needed to talk to someone so I called Krystal.
"Unnie!" She answered the call. I miss her so much too. I wish she could come stay with me in London.

"Hey...how's LA?" I asked her.

"Unnie...is something wrong? Were you crying?" Yes..my baby sis can tell everything just from my voice. I can't even hide anything.

"So...Tiffany and Yoochun are getting married!"

"Oh..you got it? You're going right?" She asked me.

"I don't know..."

"Unnie...it's her wedding and it's been 12 years since you talked to them. You should go and have some fun. You might become a lot happier you know."

"Are you going?"

"Yeah I already told Fany unnie that I'm coming."

"I don't have the courage to meet him yet." I told her. 

"Who? Jaejoong oppa? Unnie...you can't keep on ignoring him or the others the whole time...it's time you go and meet them and make things right again."

"Okay."

"So you're going right? I heard they're gonna have a band practice some days before the wedding...so we need to go early."

"I don't know...Soojung...I'd go to the wedding but I don't think I can make it to the practice."

"Okay...I'll tell them then..."

"Thanks."