Chapter-1

My Only Love

Jessica's POV

I just got back from L.A. two days ago and today I'm officially starting my first day of school in Korea. I've always been in L.A. since I was born and I've visited Korea once in a while but this time we're staying here forever. My dad is starting a business here and my parents think its time for us to settle down here. We've been apart from our relatives for too long is what they said.

So first day of school...I'm pretty much nervous right now...I hope I get along with everyone there.

"Sooyeon, Soojung...Come have breakfast. You'll be late for school." I heard my mom calling as I was getting dressed.

I brushed my golden brown hair and put it in a high ponytail.

I checked my uniform for the last time in my mirror, grab my backpack and head downstairs for breakfast.

I saw my sister, Jung Soojung, my mom and dad sitting together getting ready for breakfast.

I wished them "Good Morning" and they wished me back simultaneously.

"Unnie, I'm nevous...aren't you?" Soojung asked me as I was having a bite of my sandwich.

"No...everything will be fine. You don't have to be nervous" I reassure her hiding my own nervousness.

Soojung is starting her freshman year today in the same school as me. She is a very shy and timid girl. Even in L.A. she hardly had any friend...she always hung out with me. So if I show that I'm nervous now...she'll get even more nervous.

We finished our breakfast, took our lunch box that our mom prepared for us and off to school. The school is just a walkable distance form our house.

At School.

So I was assigned to my class and my homeroom teacher, Ms. Kim, asked me to follow her.

I could hear the screams...the chatters...the noises from the classes as I pass the hallways. The teacher stopped in front of Class 2-A. She opened the door and just as she did, everyone kept quiet as though someone had pressed a mute button on them. She told me to come inside.

Then, I saw everyone staring at me like I'm some kind of an alien. 

"Listen, everyone." starts the teacher. "She is going to be in the same class as you. She came a bit late cause she just came from L.A. a few days ago. Help her with what she had missed out." She told the students. After that, she turned to me and told me to introduce myself.

I took a step forward, took a deep breath and there I go.

"Anneyong, I'm Jessica Jung. My Korean name is Jung Sooyeon. You can call me with whichever you prefer. I hope we geg along. Thank you"

As soon as I finish, I heard a girl from the back smiling with her eyes, "I prefer to call you Sica." She said in english.

I just smiled happy to find someone who seemed friendly from the start.

"Okay now" Ms. Kim tried to quieten down the class. 

"Jessica, you can go sit next to Tiffany. See that girl over there with the smiling eyes?" Ms. Kim pointed towards the girl who just said she'd prefer to call me Sica.

I felt happy that instant. Something in me tells me that we're gonna be really good friends.

"It's fine right? Calling you Sica?" the smiling eyes girl asked as soon as I sit down next to her. "I'm Tiffany by the way" she added as she stretch out her hand for a handshake.

I shook her hand and said, "Yes it's fine. All my friends in L.A. calls me Sica too."

She smiled that eye smile again. She's a really cute girl, I thought.

"I was born in L.A. too. We moved back here last year." She said.

I was happy to find someone with something similar to me on my first day of school.

Lunch break.

I was having lunch with Tiffany and her friends, Taeyeon and Sooyoung.

I was so glad that thanks to Tiffany, I was not alone on my first day of school and got such nice friends.

"Sica, have you thought about which club to join?" Sooyoung asked. 

"Club?" I was a bit confused with Sooyoung asking me that so suddenly.

"Yeah...a club...you know...we have many clubs like the crafts club, dance club, singing club,etc,etc.. and its compulsory to be a part of one of them" explained Taeyeon.

"Oh..you can join our club if you want to." chimed in Tiffany.

"And your club is?" I asked.

"Its singing club." Said Tiffany still full of excitement. "Can you sing? Or maybe play any instrument? Piano? Guitar? Violin?"

"Oh Tiff...give the poor girl a break" breaks in Taeyeon. 

I was thankful she did cause I don't know how many instruments Tiffany was gonna start naming if she hadn't.

"Oops...sorry...I was getting a bit ahead of myself" said Tiffany with a smile.

"Its ok...but I'd love to join your club. I had singing lessons in L.A. for two years and I know how to play a little bit of piano."

"Oh sure...that's great!!" Tiffany got so excited again.

"But can freshman join too?" I asked "I'd like to include my sister too if I can"

"Sure why not? But You have a sister?" Tiffany asked with a disappointed look as though I hid one big secret.

"Oh please Tiff...we just met not long ago. You can't just know everything." Sooyoung in.

"Hmm...you're right." Tiffany said and she's back to her happy self again.

"So tell me about the club." I asked them. I was getting so curious about their so called "Singing Club". Does it have a specific name or is it just singing club? I was thinking.

"It was started by some of our seniors. Most of them are already in the last year of high school now..." Taeyeon explained.

"There are 5 guys. Kim Jaejoong, Jung Yunho, Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu who are in the last year and Shim Changmin who's in the 3rd year. And then there's three of us."

"So you guys together form a band?" I asked getting more curious.

"We have a boy group and girl group. The five guys form a separate band. They call themselves "TVXQ" and we girls call ourselves "SNSD" and we perform band duets sometimes or have versus match too...its really fun" Taeyeon further explained.

"Oh that sounds so fun" I was getting more excited.

"Wait...there are some things to need to be clear of" butts in Tiffany.

"What is it?"

"Its about the guys." Said Tiffany.

Guys?? What about the guys?? Are they some kinda gangsters that I need to keep away from or be careful around?? I was getting curious.

"You see...there are some guys you need to keep away from." She continued.

I knew it...I was imagining these guys in rock bands with tattoos, long hair, gangster type when my thought got interrupted by Tiffany.

"Park Yoochun, Kim Junsu and Jung Yunho. They are off limits."

I was getting more and more curious.

"Why?? Are they dangerous?" I asked them.

All three of them bursts into laughter. Right there I felt like some sort of fool who didn't get a joke while everyone else did and you're just sitting there playing dumb.

"Noo...she just means they're taken" said Taeyeon as she wiped off her tear from laughing too much.

Seriously? All these while I have been having these wild imaginations and was getting kinda scared too. Damn these girls!

"Park Yoochun is Tiffany's bf. He such a romantic guy and has a very attractive voice. He's really funny too." Taeyeon starts explaining again. For some reason, Taeyeon seems to explain things the best. "Jung Yunho is Sooyoung's" She continued. "He's really hot if you must know. He's a great dancer too. So he's also in the dance club. And Kim Junsu is..."

"Yours..." I completed her sentence.

"Yup...and he's such a cutie. He has this cute dolphin voice. Its so unique and he's such an excellent singer." This time it was Sooyoung explaining.

"But FYI Jaejoong and Changmin oppa are available." Said Tiffany giving me a wink. "They fight a lot like kids although Jaejoong oppa is the oldest and Changmin oppa is the youngest. I guess that's just how they show their love for each other. They're both really talented guys and funny once you get to know them."

Now I'm getting so curious about these guys. They are so different to what I first imagined. I wonder how they really are. Will I get along with them? 

"We're meeting them after class. You should join us too" Taeyeon interrupted my thought. "Inform your sister too."

I started texting Soojung about the plan.

She replied she's in!