Double the trouble

One letter "U"

                   

-Kei-

"Try this." Jaehyun placed a glass in front of me, filled with what looks like a mixed of light brown liqud and pink froth, topped with a few pieces of marshmallow.

"what is this?" I looked up at him from my seat 

"I called it, marshmallow latte." he smiled proudly with hands on his hips.

"What's in it?"

"Coffee latte and... marshmallow." he ended slow while scratching his head. "too obvious isnt it?"

I smiled and took a sip of the drink. It tastes sweet... but bitter at the same time. "It's bittersweet..." I muttered. "... I like it."

Jaehyun's face brigthened up, as if I just gave him a raise in salary. "... does this mean..."

I nodded. "You can start putting it on the menu."

"Yes!!!" he pumped his fist in the air.

I quickly stopped him, "but just for a week. We will see the customer's responses first and then decide from there."

"I see..." his face folded, the bright face now darken.

"I said that just so you dont get too dissapointed if it doesnt turn out well," I reached for his hand, "but i have a good feeling about it. Good job."

The sound of rain hitting the window stole my attention. 

"oh, my laundry!!" I grabbed my books and shoved them forcefully inside my bag. "I'm going now. Call me if you need anything."

Jaehyun nodded while swiftly moved to make a space for me to pass through

I was reaching for the door when a hand touched my shoulder. I turned my head and saw Myungsoo standing behind me holding an umbrella.

"Are you going to walk in the rain?" he shook his head. 

I took the umbrella from him and quickly walked out of the door before he give me more scolding. He is a very protective brother, which I should be thankful for, but he doesn't say much except for when he is scolding or lecturing me.

The rain was getting heavier by the seconds. At this rate, my laundry is probably already soaked by now. Giving up on it, I decided to take a shelter in a nearby bus stop. not big enough to protect me completely from  the rain, but at least it shield the wind from blowing my skirt, plus I have my umbrella anyway.

Now... I just need to wait until the wind calms down...

"Move aside!" I heard a voice and second after followed by someone rushing to stand next to me and under my umbrella.

Before I could react to it, suddenly on my other side, another person try to squeeze under my umbrella. He looked at me and smiled, "Hi."

Stunned, I could only look at him. He greeted me as if we are a lifetime friends.

"Yah, I told you not to follow me!" the first guy, the one on my right side, shoved the other guy with his hand.

"and I told you not to do it." the other guy retaliated by shoving him back. 

"excuse me..." I tried to get their attention. My umbrella really was not that big, and to be squeezed underneath it with these two people.... it's a bit uncomfortable.

They both looked at me.

"Take it" I forcefully passed my umbrella to the 'left' guy and pushed my way pass him. I would rather give them my umbrella than be caught in between two guys fighting for it.

"Wait!" the 'right' guy caught my arm and stopped me. He was strong but not rough. I strangely felt a zap the moment he touched me. 

I turned around and shrugged my hand off from his grip, hugging my bag in front of me as a way to protect myself.

"We just want to talk to you." he shook his head to remove the water off his hair, like a dog. He was soaked from head to toe, as if he has been under the rain for a long time.

"Here." The left guy passed my umbrella back to me, which i reluctantly took.

"Dont you remember me?" the right guy pointed at himself. "your -not- blind date."

I gasped. His hair is different, it could be because of the rain, it seems longer. but those eyes, that nose, that lips. I recognized them.

the right guy smiled knowingly. "I just wanted to say sorry."

"huh?" I must have heard wrongly. why is he saying sorry to me?

"this guy over here." he pointed at the left guy, "told me I was being rude to you that day."

I still didn't say anything.

"It might have seemed like I was laughing at you, but I wasn't. well, I was, but not in a way that you might think. I was laughing because you were cute, fidgeting and panicking when you found out I was not your blind date. You were so cute that I wanted to keep you in my pocket." he kept talking with exaggerating gesture, he moved his hands and even his feet was doing a little steps dance.

"stop." the left guy slapped his shoulder and as if it was a stop button, the right guy did just so, he stopped.

They both looked at me intently, and I still had no words to say. I dont know what to think. Should I be flattered .. or scared?

"Anyway, I am sorry if you felt offended by my reaction. Oh by the way, I'm Jangjun." the right guy finally introduced himself. "and he is Sungyoon."

"You can call me Y." the left guy added.

"why?" I asked him.

"Exactly." he winked. 

I laughed at his response.

"Can we be friends?" Y asked.

I looked up at both of them. Yes! is what i wanted to say, but instead ...

I ran away...

 

******************************************