His important person

One letter "U"

RYU

--PAST--

Come on Ryu, chill... It's not like you are his girlfriend, man, I am not even sure if you are his close friend. He never said he likes you, neither did he say he will. You always wondered why, why wont he like you back no matter how much you like him. Well there you go, you got your answer now.

I watched them, not subtly, from where I was sitting. Sunggyu was talking to a girl next to the bar. Well, it's nothing uncommon. Almost every night after he performs, he would have at least one girl approaches him. There are even times when they would try to flirt with him by touching him in the arms or on the chest. But he would always free himself from them.

This one is different. Not only did he let her touched him, he even held her hand at some point. Oh and that smile. i have seen a lot of his expressions, but i have never seen that smile.

That's how I knew that this girl is unlike any other girl. She is his important person.

She glanced around and caught my eyes. 

Startled, I knocked on the glass and it dropped on the floor. Luckily for me it, somehow, didnt break. Unfortunately, it did make such a loud noise that most of the people in the room turned to look at me, including Sunggyu. 

I picked up the glass from the floor and saw him walking towards me from the corner of my eyes. 

"Are you okay?" He stopped right in front of me but I have yet to lift my head.

"Halo!" I stood up abruptly and felt a head rush. 

Even in that dizzying moment, I could still see her clearly. I wanted to scream out loud 'not faiiiir!'. I mean, she is so pretty it feels almost cliché, a handsome guy and a beautiful girl. Please please dont tell me she is nice too 

"You must be Ryu!" She gave me a big hug before pulling away and showed me the warmest smile, "I have heard so much about you. It's good to finally see you in person."

Damn it... She is nice... And lovely.

"Is she ... Your girlfriend?" I asked Sunggyu. 

He smiled but didn't answer me rightaway, only after a few seconds he finally nodded, "yes."

"I'm Eunji." She waved at me.

Since she already knew my name, I simply nodded while giving her a half-smile. 

She patted the empty chair next to me. "Can we join you?"

No. Is what i want to say, but instead I said, "yes."

"So, how long have you guys been together?" I asked.

"Humm... Three weeks?" She then continued providing me with information that I didnt ask, but was curious to find out. "He was my piano tutor for six months. He never said anything about his feeling, but about one week after the end of his term, he suddenly confessed his feeling for me out of nowhere."

It was like a slap on the face. I have been 'chasing' him for almost a year with no results, thinking that there is no way he would date his student (even a former one). So I guess it was simply that he wasn't into me, nothing else.

"Ok, I should leave you guys alone, then. I don't want to disturb you." I said, wanting nothing but to escape from the world right now. 

Eunji took my hand and held it close to her body, "Don't worry, I am happy to disturbed by you. Sunggyu told me so much about you I feel like we have been friends for a long time."

"No!" Not being able to control it anymore, I pulled my hand rather roughly. Both Sunggyu and Eunji were startled by my action. I quickly apologized, hoping I could still save my face somehow, "I'm sorry, I meant, no thank you. I have to be somewhere." It took my everything not to say those words while crying. I gave myself a little bit more time to walk away before the tears started running down my cheeks. 

After a few steps, I paused without turning back, hoping he would catch me and stop me, like he always did. 

but he didn't.... 

So I continued walking and I kept walking until there was no more tears on my eyes. 

 

**************************