Food Delivery

One letter "U"

                                  

-Mijoo-

I looked at the time. It should be here by now. In fact, it's been 20 minutes since the promised time. I was minded to pick up the phone to complain when I heard the doorbell. 

I walked over to the door and took a peep through the hole, a habit. I was expecting my delivery guy to be standing outside my door looking miserable and sorry, of course from failing to deliver my food on time, but instead, I saw a woman figure. 

"Not again..." I muttered to myself before reaching for the knob and opened the door. 

"Hi!" she smiled brightly -as always- and placed her palm on her cheek. "They did it again."

"I swear I put the right address, I even left a note this time." I grumbled, knowing well what she meant by those short words.

This is not the first time the delivery guy sent my food over to theirs. How can someone possibly be that stupid? If it's not for the fact that he is a nice guy who needs the job to take care of his sick mother, I would have complained about him again and again. But I have never did, not even once. 

"I wonder too." she tilted her head, speaking in a singing tone, drawing my attention back to her. There is something about the way she does it, makes her look very mother-like, even though she's younger than me. I remember Sungyeol told me that it's one of the reasons why he likes her. She's very cute, too. Her eyes are naturally big and her wavy hair falls just perfectly above her shoulder, making her look like one of those dolls. 

"Anyways, sorry about that." I opened my palm, "So, where's my food?" 

She smiled at me helplessly as if she is sorry about something.

"No way!" I walked passed her and straight to door right next to mine, barging in without warning. I did, make sure, to take my shoes off though. My mom raised me well indeed.

That moment I saw Sungyeol was nibbling on one of my fried chicken. Some of the box were still unopened, but they have all been taken out of the bags. 

"STOP EATING MY FOOD!" I pushed him by the shoulder.

"Oy! You made me spill the sauces." He looked down to his stained T-shirt. He held the half eaten chicken with one hand while trying to wipe the sauce off with the other. 

"How many times have I told you not to touch my food?" I started putting the boxes back inside the bag. I could sense he was going to say something so I turned and glared at him, "even if it was wrongly delivered to your place." 

I heard footsteps and Jieun appeared in the kitchen. "Sorry Mijoo, I tried to stop him."

"Don't worry, it's not your fault. He's big enough to know what is wrong and right."

"Well, I think it's wrong for you to keep eating junk food." Sungyeol chimed in, "It's not healthy you know." 

"Mind your own business." I replied curtly. 

"Why don't you join us for dinner, Mijoo?" Jieun offered. 

I turned to her and laughed awkwardly, "No no, I don't want to impose." 

"It's not a trouble at all. There's almost no difference between cooking for two and three." she chuckled. 

"Still, I can't join you guys, sorry." I grabbed the bag and hugged it in front of me, as if trying to protect myself from her. I don't even know why, I mean, she's so small I think I can physically tackled her to the ground without even breaking a sweat. But the truth is, I just want to be away from her as far as possible. Her kindness, even after everything that happened, seemed so unreal.

"Let her be." Sungyeol said from afar, he was already halfway on taking his top off. 

I turned around and walk away in an instant. "Sorry again, guys." I got myself out from that place and returned to mine as fast as possible. I closed the door behind me, resting my head against it and closed my eyes tightly. It is hard to see him and not be reminded of every little things.

===PAST===

"Oh!" Sungyeol jumped on his seat. The can of coke that he accidentally knocked, fell from the table to his lap and continued to drop to the floor. 

I looked and a good half the content of the can spilled on his lap, drenching his short. but for some reason, he started taking his shirt off.

"Why dont you go and clean up first?" I shook my head.

"Tsk tsk tsk. You cannot leave the table halfway." he casually threw his shirt on the floor and used it to wipe the spilled coke. Once he was done, he continued eating.

I know. Sungyeol never leave the table before the end of the meal. He always finishes his food, too. I know that he also has the palate of a young kid. No weird spices, not too spicy. I know it. I know him, probably better than I know myself.

"by the way..." he started.

I looked up away from my food and straight to his eyes. There is something about they way he look at you when he talk to you. Everything in his behavior screams out his personality. He is blunt, straight to the point, honest. 

"how long have we known each other?"

"humm..." I pretended to take my time thinking. The truth is, I knew the answer at the top of my head. After a long minute I finally answered, "... 7 years?"

"That's a long time." He leaned back against his chair, "I want to stop being friends with you." 

"huh?" 

"From today.... i want to be your boyfriend."