Droplets of rain

One letter "U"

                                  

 

- Mijoo -

 

I don't like being wet. I should hate rain because of that, but I don't. Looking at it right now from the inside, it's beautiful. 

"Oy." 

I blinked slowly before turning my head towards the owner of that voice. He was standing tall next to my table. I looked at him. His eyes, his sharp nose, the never changing long bang that almost touch the top of his eyes. I used to cut it for him, just short enough so it doesnt obstruct his views while maintaining the existence of it. He was wearing his a plain black t-shirt. He never care less for fashion. He picks the first one he can reach, even if it means wearing the same one with two days ago. He cuts the tags off too, sometimes too much until there are holes in it. 

"What are you doing here alone?" he asked, as if he doesn't know the answer. 

I don't know how it's even possible, for him to look better every time I see him. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" 

So annoying. "Nothing." I looked away.

He pulled the chair next to me and sat on it. I stared at him

"What?" he asked while shrugging his shoulder. The action caused his collar bone to proudly show themselves off, attracting my attention..

Why do you have to sit there? sit somewhere else. "Nothing." I shook my head, going against my will to ask him to move. I turned my attention back to the window on my other side.

The rain is getting heavier. It reminds me of that day. 

 

-- past --

"still... we can still be friends, right?" 

 

-- present --

I sighed. I regretted to this day for asking that of him. I guess I was too arrogant to end things completely. I wanted to show him that I wasn't that hurt or affected by the break up. I wanted to ensure him that he didn't mean that much to me, but the truth is... he did. 

I am just not sure what is it that I regretted. The fact that I let him go or that I didn't completely let him go. 

"What's with the sigh?" He tilted his head in question. 

"What's with all the question?" I shot back harshly.

"You're cranky these days." he huffed, leaning back against his chair and reached for something in his pocket. He fished out the phone and quickly input numbers to unlock the screen. 

I sneaked a glance. It seemed like he hasn't changed the password to his phone. Still the same one that I know. I wonder if she knows it too. I wonder if she knows the meaning behind those numbers. Probably not, because If I were her, if I knew, I wouldn't let him keep it. I would have asked him to change it. 

If I were her... that's the thought that I seem to have a lot these days.