The famous one

One letter "U"

-Ryu-

----PAST----

"So.... what is this thing I heard about you chasing a teacher?" she asked as soon as we sat down.

I shook my head while taking my jacket off "mom... you should stop talking to Mr. Sangsoon."

"What's wrong with that? he is your homeroom teacher."

"Yes, but I am a high school student, you dont have to check on me with my teacher. We both know you are just using that as an excuse to talk to him anyway...." I finished with a mutter.

"what was that?" she looked at me over the menu.

"nothing." I grinned. "his name is Kim Sunggyu. He is not a teacher, he was just a temporarily replacement."

"Since when are you into older man?"

"Since him." I replied wittily. 

We paused the conversation when the waitress came to take our order.

"What is he like?" she continued.

"He is quiet, very serious most of the time, cares too much about mannerism, he didn't hang out with other teachers..." I listed out

She laughed, "That doesnt sound like a compliment."

"Right?" I nodded in agreement, "He always tried to push me away, sometimes I wonder why I liked him so much."

"Well, that's love."

"Mom. I don't love him!" I denied bashfully. "I mean, how can I love someone I barely know."

She gave me a knowing smile, "Ok, if you say so."

"Anyway, that was an old story." I dipped one fries in the ketchup and put it inside my mouth. "He is done with his temporary placement. He left last week... without saying anything."

"Aw, baby... you must be sad. Did you at least get his phone number?"

"What do you think?"I shook my head.

The food came and we silently agreed to end that particular conversation. Today is too special to think about this sad story. Mom is very busy with her work as photographer, but once a month, she always leave one day empty for me. 

"How did you find this place?" I looked around. The cafe that mom brought us for dinner wasn't particularly crowded with people, maybe because of its secluded location but it gave a very cozzy and familiar vibe. The place seemed to take a musical theme with piano on the stage, vintage posters and photos of singers on the wall, and some throphy as decorations.

"I was here for a photoshoot. It gave me a good impression, so I thought I would come back to try the food." she spoke while chewing on the calamari. "oh, and the owner is very charming."

I looked at her suspiciously. "Is that why we are here?"

Mom laughed, out loud. "He is way to young for me."

"But Mr. Sangsoon is not?"

"Mr. Sangsoon is only 4 years younger than me." she said proudly. "The owner I think is in his mid 20s top."

"Which one is the owner?" I scanned through the room.

Mom did too, and shook her head, "I dont see him. maybe he is not around tonight?"

I shrugged. "that's too bad."

"Oh wait! that's him!" Mom started poking my arm vigorously.

"where?"

"on the stage!"

I turned around and there he was. The very man that has been in my mind for the last months. The man that I wished were mine... he was on the stage, sitting in front of the piano.

"Mom, do you believe in destiny?" I mumbled

"huh?"

I got up from my seat. I could hear my mom vaguely called my name from the table that I left. But my feet didn't stop. They kept taking the steps towards the one person I wanted to run to. 

I stopped only a step away from the stage. I stood there until he finally noticed my presence. 

He turned his head and a clear surprise was shown on his face. 

"Hi, Mr. Sunggyu." I said with a smile.