The new guy

One letter "U"

 

-Kei-

I paused on my feet. I can't believe what I am seeing. He is here, in my cafe. What is he doing here? why is he wearing the staff uniform? I haven't been going in because I was travelling with the girls, but surely it wasn't long enough for me to now know that I have a new employee, or was it? 

"Yo!" again, he greeted me like we have been friends for a long time. He had a tray of empty mugs on his hand.

"what are you doing here?" I finally braved myself to talk to him normally.

"working." he answered nonchalantly.

"what?" my voice turned unknowingly louder as I spoke in surprise. "who hired you?"

"I did." Myungsoo appeared out of nowhere.

I pulled Myungsoo to the side and far away from Jangjun.

"why did you hire him?!" I whispered sternly.

"why? do you know him?"

"yes.." I mumbled but quickly corrected myself after, ".. I mean, No!"

His left brow was raised. It does that a lot when he sense something. he is very observant and quick to catch on things.

"Anyway, can you just un-hire him, please?"

"No, I can't un hire him." He moved to an empty table in the corner and placed his laptop on it. "Even if I can, I won't." he sat down.

"Why??" I sat on the chair across his.

"He is a good boy, hard working too."

"still..." I tapped my fingers restlessly on the table. ".. he cant possibly work here."

"why?"

I bit my lip. Why? I don't know why.

Myungsoo cleared his throat, probably to break my long pause. "In any case, you put me in charge of the management of this cafe and hiring people is part of it. So until you give me a valid reason why, I will not fire people that I hired." 

He waved his hand dismissively and looked down towards the screen, giving cues for me to go away.

I sighed while getting up from my seat.

"You are right. he is very cute!"

I heard someone 'whispering' loudly from one of the table. 

"Right?? I told you, you wont regret coming here." the other person from the same table replied.

"We should come here everyday."

"Wont that be too obvious, though?" one giggled and then the other followed.

I looked over my shoulder. Jangjun was standing behind the counter taking order from a customer. 

He was attractive... very attractive... there is no denying that. Not to mention, he has this personality that gets under your skin... In a good way. 

I was always the one who likes someone, I never had anyone liked me before... it is kind of scary in a way. 

... wait...  he never said anything about liking me... why did I even think that he does? 

Ok, let's think back... he said I was cute and he wanted to be friends with me and.... that was it! 

I mean, he did say I was cute, but it doesn't necessarily mean that he likes me, right??

"How long are you going to stand there for?" Myungsoo spoke, breaking my thoughts.

"oh, right." 

There and then, I decided to just ask him directly. 

As I was walking towards him, I wondered if it is a smart decision. I had not much time to wonder, because my steps were faster than my thoughts and in no time, I was already next to him. 

"Can I talk to you for a second?" I pointed to the staff room and started walking there without waiting for his answer.

I felt him following me. Even his footsteps were cheerful, just as he is.

I let him enter the room first before closing the door behind me.

"Do you have feelings for me?" I asked

His eyes were opened wide in shock but his lips showed a hint of smile, "What?"

"I am deciding whether or not I can let you continue work here."

He took a second before replying, "Which one will allow me to keep my job?"

"Not liking me."

"Ok." He nodded. "I don't have feelings for you."

I frowned. Something is off... was I supposed to answer that at all?

"Can I continue working here, then?" he gave me a beautiful yet mischievous smirk. 

I nodded unsurely.

He left the room without saying anything. 

Stupid Kei. As always.

 

********************************