Senior

One letter "U"

                            

 

-Ryu-

----PAST-----

It was one hot day in the summer, but apparently nothing will stop our sports teacher to have lesson outside. I sat on the side, as close to the shades as possible. That's when I saw him, walking towards the school entrance with a back pack sling over one shoulder.

"who is that?" I poked my classmate using my elbow.

"where?" 

"That one over there, wearing ugly yellow tiger t-shirt."

She frowned and shrugged, "Dunno." She returned her attention to the bunch of boys from our class playing football.

"Are you not curious?" I poked her again.

"No." She fan herself using her hand, couldn't care less about anything else but the hot weather.

"hmm..." for some reasons, my eyes were stuck to that guy, my sight was following him as he dissapeared inside the building.

I stood up abruptly.

"Sir, I am going to the toilet!" I shouted to get the attention of the teacher. Once I received an OK sign from him, I quickly made my move.

I ran as fast as possible, hoping to catch him. 

And there he was . . standing in front of the teacher's lounge door, just looking at his phone.

"Hi there!" I hopped and landed in front of him. 

Startled, he looked up at me.

"Do you need help?" I asked while giving him my brightest smile.

He stared at me for a few seconds before going back to his phone. "No."

"Are you looking for someone? why are you here? Can I help you look?" I asked, determined.

"No." he replied again, short and cold.

I heard the door behind me open. 

"Mr. Sunggyu, sorry to keep you waiting."

A lady stepped out the room. I moved to make a way for her as she passed 'Sunggyu' a big envelope.

"Please fill it in and you can return it to us next time." she continued. "Well then, have a safe journey back." She gave him a quick bow and I watched as she walked away.

I turned to Sunggyu but he was already on the move. I quickly caught up to him and walked along him.

"That was the HR lady. Does it mean you're going to work here? are you a teacher?" 

He took a glance at me without answering my question. It was as if I was not there and not talking to him. 

I followed him all the way to the school gate, but that was as far as I could go. He still acted as if he didn't acknowledge my existence, but that's ok, because i had a feeling that it wont be the last time he is seeing my face.

"Bye!!" I shouted as I watched his back slowly getting smaller due to the distance. "See you again!!"