Why are you doing this to me?

Do you love me?

I’m not sleepy, TV before bed?” Yerin asked and SinB nods her head as a yes to her question.

SinB is now sitting in between Yerin’s leg, leaning against the older girl’s body. Yerin’s arms wrapped around SinB’s slender body. They are so close that they could even feel each other’s heart beat initially and eventually breathe in a same rhythm. After switching the channel for almost five minutes, they settled on watching a drama that just started. SinB caresses Yerin’s hand while they both watch the drama in silence.

”I love you.” Yerin whispers in SinB’s ear and kiss the back of her head.

SinB squeezes Yerin’s hand without saying a word. The whispers, the words, and the kiss on the nape of her head sent shivers down her spine. She doesn’t know if Yerin really meant what she said or she is just imitating the scene on the TV, but it still causes her heartbeat went frantic. This is not the first time she heard those three words and this is not the first time she felt this way, but, she never talked about it with Yerin.

Yerin closed her eyes when she whisper “I love you” to SinB. She didn’t plan all this. It’s just on the spur of the moment as the main characters of the drama they are watching were sitting just like they are and the main actor whispered the same three words. But, she knew for sure that she meant every single words she said.

Tonight, Yerin and SinB spend the night together with just the two of them. They didn’t talk much, they just hold each other, breath in the same rhythm, and just enjoy each other’s company. There was a contented smile on both of them, unknowingly causes a heartache to other people.

****

Yuju lays on her bed, staring into the darkness of the room that she shared with three other GFriend members - Eunha, SinB and Umji. She wanted to cry but she can’t because it would make her face and eyes puffy the next morning. Plus, they have to perform at an event tomorrow. She held in her tears. She kept telling herself that she should sleep as it is getting late and spending time thinking of something that she has no power to control is not going to do any good. But, she can’t. All because of what she just saw when she went to the kitchen to drink some water before she sleeps.

A few minutes ago, Yuju went to the kitchen to drink some water as she normally does. The lights at the living room are still on indicating that there are people in there. She was tired and sleepy, so she just quietly went to the kitchen without greeting the two figures sitting on the couch. Well, to be exact, they were cuddling on the couch. Yuju took a glance over the living room to find out who are those girls and upon seeing who they were, she decided that she is not going to greet them. Not because she doesn’t want to bother them, but, just to save her from a heartache. It is not rude as they didn’t seem to notice her as well.

With a heavy heart, Yuju pour some water in a glass and tried as hard as she can to swallow the water that somehow tasted bitter. She wanted to drink it all in one shot, but couldn’t. Then, she heard the three words that she has been wanting to say and hear from the person she likes. It feels like a sharp knife was being stabbed into her heart.

Her knees felt week, almost gave up on her but she managed to hold onto the kitchen counter. The half full glass was almost slipped through her hand but luckily she managed to put it on the counter. Her heart crumbles into pieces when she overheard the words that came out of the mouth of the person she’s in love with, Yerin. Yuju wanted to scream ‘no’ but she didn’t. She stood there, frozen. She couldn’t move a limb. 

Although she was crushed, she stayed in the kitchen. Yuju wanted to hear SinB’s response to Yerin’s “I love you”. But, she couldn’t hear anything. From the kitchen, she could see what was on the TV and she noticed that the characters of the drama they are watching were doing the same thing as them. She kept telling herself that Yerin just imitating the scene on the TV. It doesn’t mean anything. Yerin always said “I love you” to everyone, it’s like a mantra for her. It wouldn’t be too much to say that she said that everyday to all Gfriend members including Yuju.

Yuju then slowly and quietly retreats to her room and throw herself on the bed. Fortunately, tonight Eunha who’s bed is on top of her is sleeping alone without Sowon. Otherwise, she would have difficulties in holding herself back from getting annoyed and probably said something to the two lovebirds. 

“Yuju, are you okay? Do you have sore throat or fever?” Eunha asked Yuju while still laying on her bed.

”Oh, I’m sorry unnie. Did I wake you up?” Yuju asked her back.

”No. I’m not asleep yet. Are you okay? You can’t sleep? Are you nervous or are you sick?” Eunha peeked her head from her bed and extend her hand trying to reach Yuju’s head.

”No, unnie. I’m okay. I just went to the kitchen to drink some water. It’s just...it’s a bit hot tonight, so I can’t seem to be able to sleep. I’ll try and go to sleep now. Thank you for worrying about me. Sorry again.” Yuju said assuring Eunha with a smile and a light peck on Eunha’s cheek.

Eunha smiles back, nodded her head and return to her bed. Yuju close her eyes and tries to sleep, but she couldn’t. The image of Yerin and SinB cuddling on the couch and the words Yerin said ringing in her ears. She shook her head to get the image out of her head. It didn’t work. Then she took out her phone and browse the internet. She saw a picture showing  an unclear picture of Handyman Oppa standing outside of the seafood restaurant with her hand in the air waving the Gfriend’s van.

It seems like someone took a picture when they just left and questioning who is Handyman Oppa. She read the comments and most of the commenters said that oppa is probably one of Gfriend’s fan who got lucky to meet the six of us after we had dinner. The picture only showed the back of Handyman Oppa, so they could not make up who she is.

With that picture, the image of Yerin and SinB was successfully replaced by the image of Handyman Oppa standing beside her and opens the door for her. The oppa is probably the same height as Yerin, about a few centimetres shorter than Yuju. But somehow Yuju felt that Handyman Oppa is taller than her. Probably because Handyman Oppa’s aura of a caring and a protector makes her feel like she is smaller than her.

Handyman Oppa have a defined body indicating that she worked out and it’s only apparent in certain positions or way such as when she folded her sleeves and when she raised her hand and rested it on her head. 

Yuju never knew she like someone who is muscular but seeing Handyman Oppa, she began to think that she might like it. But as long as they are not really bulky like a body builder because she often got scared seeing them even on the TV. That was why she said that she would love to see Yerin’s body if she works out earlier during dinner when SinB was against it.

Yuju let out a sigh. She clearly remembered what Yerin said to SinB when she was against Yerin working out while she just smile at Yuju. Yerin then flexed her arm and push a bit of her biceps upwards to make it seem like she has a muscular bicep which caused Yuju to laugh. Everyone was also laughing because of Yerin’s silly act. Yuju smiles and fell asleep.

*****

Umji just quietly listened to her unnie talking in the dark. Just like Yuju, she also can’t fall asleep. For the nth time tonight she let out a long sigh while mentally beat herself down. She cannot stop asking herself why did she said that. The words and scene replayed in her mind repeatedly.

”Oppa, you should come to our performance tomorrow...you can watch SinB dances.”

Ever since she said those words, she has been regretting herself and asking why did she said it. Because of that, she had to witnessed a heartbroken moment for her. 

Earlier that night, Umji was going to ask SinB to go to bed early because she wanted to ask her to wake up early tomorrow and make breakfast together. Umji felt like she and SinB has not spend time together in a while and she wanted to do that tomorrow before the event. Somehow, for this performance, she was a little bit worried and she wanted to share it with SinB. Although SinB might not know this, Umji could really calm down if she is the one consoling her. Probably because Umji like SinB (probably in love with her), she felt like everything is going to be okay if SinB said it or reassured her.

When Umji finished showering, she wanted to tell SinB her plan but SinB wasn’t in the room. So she went to the living room to find her. Not only did Umji find the person she was looking for, she even got her heart broken. Umji was fuming with jealousy and she was devastated that she just went back to her room without saying anything to SinB. She cover herself with her blanket to avoid from being caught crying by Eunha and Yuju who are in the same room with her. She silently let the tears flow over her cheek to her chin.

Tonight, SinB, has unknowingly broke Umji’s heart into pieces over and over again. First, when SinB races to the bathroom to shower because she wanted to wait for Handyman Oppa’s message. Second, when she decided to find the football game that Handyman Oppa said she wanted to watch on the TV like some caring and loving girlfriend. Finally, when SinB kiss Yerin’s cheek when the older girl seemed angry thinking she wanted to watch the game as if she is a good girlfriend that has to listen to Yerin’s likes and dislikes.

****

”Oppa, did you go out with SinB today?” Solar immediately questioned Handyman Oppa as soon as she answers the phone.

” I had dinner with all the girls after work. Why?” 

“I think this is your picture. What did you wear to the dinner?” Solar asked while sending the picture to Handyman Oppa.

”Just the usual. Shirt and pant. I went straight from the office to the restaurant. Why?” 

Just then Handyman Oppa received the message that Solar sent. She clicks on the picture and just look at it.

”Is that me?” Handyman Oppa asked Solar who still didn’t answer her first question.

”Is that not you? I am 99.99% sure that is you, oppa.” Solar answered with confidence and slightly annoyed by the question.

”Well, I can’t see the person’s face. Probably that was me.”

Upon hearing the oppa’s nonchalant answer, Solar is getting really angry. She blurted out her anger.

“Are you kidding me,oppa?! I guess you don’t care if someone finds out it was you.” 

Handyman Oppa just stare at her phone blankly hearing the other person on the line getting furious and say whatever she had in her mind. She still doesn’t get why is Solar so angry about and decided to ask her.

”Why are you so angry about? And why should I care if someone finds out that was me? Did I do something wrong?” 

The questions Handyman Oppa just asked makes Solar even furious than before that she just stop talking.

”Why? When we go out, I don’t wear anything to cover myself. You know I don’t do that. But, you were always insisting me to do it. I guess you asked me to because you don’t want her to see pictures of us going out on a date. Am I right?”

Handyman Oppa knew what she said is like adding fuel to a fire to Solar’s anger. But, she enjoy irritating her because Solar is really pretty when she is angry. She would babble about everything and anything that she could think of that relates to the topic. Just as expected, Solar start off her angry bable with 1001 reasons why.

Solar’s babble is like a background music to Handyman Oppa’s reminiscing the first time they went out for dinner. They had dinner at one of the tobokki restaurant because Solar loves them. There was only a few people that probably recognised her in the restaurant as they kept on looking at her while Solar eats. After they finished eating, Handyman Oppa drove Solar home. 

As if it was an automatic setting, Handyman Oppa got out of the car, opened the passenger’s door and hold out her hand towards Solar to help her got out of her car. They then interlaced their fingers and started to walk towards Solar’s apartment building. Solar keyed in her passcode and both of them entered the building. Handyman Oppa walked Solar to her door and say her good night at the front door. She never set a foot in Solar’s apartment. Then, she left and drove home.

Since it wasn’t late at night and it was on a Wednesday, not a lot of people were around. But, little that they know that they have been followed by one of Solar’s fan. As soon as Handyman Oppa arrived home, she got a call from Solar.  

“I just left your home thirty minutes ago and you have already miss me? Uhhh, that is so sweet...” Handyman Oppa could not finish what she was going to say because Solar had cut her.

”Oppa, someone posted pictures of us online.” Solar was literally screaming at the phone and her voice is so loud and high pitch that Handyman Oppa had to hold her phone further from her ear.

”Pictures? What picture?” Handyman Oppa asked her calmly, hoping she would calm down a little and stop screaming.

”When we went out just now. Pictures of us eating at the restaurant, when you opened the door for me and hold out your hand, when we walked hand in hand to my apartment building.” said Solar who was still screaming.

Apparently, the effort of calming Solar down by calmly speaking to her was useless. Handyman Oppa stared blankly at the monitor of her computer that are showing the pictures that caused Solar to react frantically.

”Is something wrong with that?” Handyman Oppa asked while scrolling through the comments section under the pictures.

”Oppa, are you kidding me?” 

Handyman Oppa was taken by suprise upon hearing the question asked, but the voice doesn’t belong to Solar. She tried to decipher who’s voice was that and realised, “MoonByul?”

”Yes, oppa. The whole gang is here. Byul-unnie dragged us all to Solar unnie’s house when she saw the pictures just now. Uhh, by the way, nice car you had. Take us all out to dinner next time. Okay?” Another voice, sounds like the person is speaking lazily as she sound like she is dragging something.

”Okay Hwasa, just set a date and can we please eat somewhere else other than tobokki restaurant?” Hwasa and Wheein just laugh while MoonByul let out a loud sigh.

”What should we do then oppa?” Solar asked in her soft voice.

”Do you want us to do anything? I mean, we went out, I drove you home, I walked you to your door. There is nothing wrong with that. I told you that when you are with me, you don’t have to worry about being someone else or to please other people. But, if you want me to do something, then I will do it. Otherwise, just let them be.”

Solar just listen to what Handyman Oppa said quietly. Both of them didn’t say anything, probably thinking about the situation and the issue in hand. 

“I’m not known to the public. Well, probably not known to your fans. Some people might recognise me as I did appear in several talk shows, discussing things related to my area of expertise. My students or families that I am working with, they might recognise me. But, that should be it. Plus, I did appear once in your TV show. So, they would knew me. If you are worried about your status, just say that you went out with a friend. I am sure that no one will ask me anything and even if they do, I will not say anything as I’m not the only one in the picture.” Handyman Oppa continues explaining to Solar and the other members of Mamamoo.

”You cannot just do that oppa. You have to think that we, Solar belongs to the public, to the fans. You can’t just say that she can be who she really is when she’s with you. The fans might not like it. They might hate her because of you. Because you went out with her, the two of you were laughing and you were holding her hand. You cannot do that.” said MoonByul responded to Handyman Oppa. Once again, an eerie silence filled out both ends of the phone line.

”Wait a minute. Did you say oppa cannot do all that? I cannot do all that with her? Why?” Solar asked MoonByul but since they are on speaker, Handyman Oppa could also hear it.

”Because this will happen. People will take pictures and post it online. People are going to talk about it. They might hate you because of that.” MoonByul explained with her voice slightly raised as she was annoyed by Solar’s question that seemed like she is opposing her train of thoughts.

”You went out with those boys. People take pictures and post them online too.” Solar responded.

”They are celebrities like us. It’s like giving fans something to be happy and cheer on us.” MoonByul answered. 

“Oh? You went out with your non-celebrity friends as well, the girl you went to school with. She posted the picture on her SNS account. You were giggling too in the picture. You guys were hugging each other.” Solar wont back down and ask MoonByul again.

”That’s different.” MoonByul simply said.

”Why is it different? If you said she is a non-celebrity friend of yours, then, oppa is my non-celebrity friend.” Solar begin to feel slightly annoyed by MoonByul’s reason.

”It’s different. She is not like oppa.” MoonByul’s voice begin to raised again.

”Tell me what difference there is. Enlighten me.” Solar’s voice is raised corresponding to MoonByul’s.

”Oppa is not like my friend. Did you not see her? She is... with her well-built body, the way she treated you...her gentle chivalry and all. She is the very definition of a girl crush. So, that’s different from me. People might think you guys are dating each other.” MoonByul raised her voice another octave to control her shaky voice.

”And you? You are not the girl crush when you are with your friend from school? You acted all lovey dovey with her, won’t  people think you are seeing her?” Solar is determined not to lose to MoonByul tonight and it seems like they are forgetting that Handyman Oppa is still on the phone. 

Handyman Oppa just listen to the two questioning each other. Listening to the two quarreling makes her realised what is going on. Handyman Oppa is a professor in a healthcare field that requires her to be an observant person. She was trained to watch and listen closely to people’s language, body language and cues that is actually meaningful but often missed by a lot of people. Although she cannot see Solar and MoonByul, she is somewhat certain what is going on between the two that they probably didn’t realise themselves or they knew it but trying to ignore it.

”I’ll just let you girls work it out and decide then. I am not going to do anything that would jeopardise Mamamoo’s future. Solar, I will text you later. Bye.” Handyman Oppa ended the call.

“Oppa! Are you even listening to me? Oppaaaa!!!” Solar’s screaming brings Handyman Oppa back to her present problem at hand which also featuring pictures posted online.

”Emm...” Handyman Oppa could not say anything because she doesn’t know what to say as she wasn’t listening to Solar.

”So, what are you going to do now?” Solar asked.

”Well, you know me. I won’t say anything. I mean this is not the first picture of me with a celebrity. You and I, we had our share of pictures too. They will always be people who would do that and I think most fans just respect your private life. It should be okay.”

”What? That’s it?! Go and ask her about it.” Solar instructing Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa look at the clock shown on the TV. It’s past 1pm already. She didn’t realise that it has been almost an hour that she and Solar was on the phone.

”It’s late already. She must have gone to bed, they have a schedule tomorrow . I’ll ask her tomorrow when I see her.” Handyman Oppa said while making her way to the master bedroom of the two bedrooms apartment she rented.

”Owhhh, you are seeing her again tomorrow?, Well...well...well... Oppa, do you have something to tell me?” Solar asked Handyman Oppa teasingly.

”Gfriend is perfoming at an event tomorrow everning. I’m going to the event to watch them tomorrow after work. I’ll ask the girls then,” Handyman Oppa just answered part of Solar’s questions nonchalantly.

”You are seeing each other on a daily basis. That is called something else than being a fan of a girl group, oppa. Are you sure there’s nothing else you wanted to tell me?” Solar asked the older woman again.

”Well, we just met for the first time this evening and we went out for dinner along with the other Gfriend’s members. And they invited me to their performance tomorrow, so, what else you want me to tell you? Ohh, I paid for the dinner as I would always do when I went out with people.” Handyman Oppa knew exactly what Solar meant but decided that she would not give her the answer Solar wanted to hear.

”Well, if that is all you have to say. Then, okay. Owh, oppa, I’m going out tonight.” Solar then give up and tell the older woman her plan tonight.

”What? Why? Where are you going? Isn’t it too late already for you to go out?” Handyman Oppa sounded worried when she asked Solar.

”Why? Did she needs your pemission to go out now?” 

Handyman Oppa was surprised by the slightly angry MoonByul’s question. This is not the first time, but every time, Handyman Oppa would startle a bit. 

“Well, she doesn’t have to. She is a grown woman, she can do what she wanted to. But, it eases our mind and heart when we know her whereabouts, don’t we MoonByul?”

“You don’t have to worry about her. She is going out with me. We’ll sleep at my place tonight.” MoonByul answered arrogantly.

”Oppa, she just finished recording a program. We are going out to get something to eat since she hasn’t had her dinner yet. I’ll let you know when we got home. You should get some sleep, it’s late.” Solar said in her cute voice.

”Okay then. Don’t stay out too late. Tell me if there’s anything. Good night honey. I love you.” Handyman Oppa intentionally call Solar honey and ended her conversation with ‘I love you’ just to get on MoonByul’s nerves. 

“Okay oppa. I love you too. Good night.” 

Handyman Oppa could hear MoonByul’s loud sigh then asked Solar to get off the phone quickly because she was hungry. She don’t normally call Solar honey, but, she wanted to annoy MoonByul who doesn’t like her. Handyman Oppa however, often said that she loves Solar without any deeper meaning to it. She would even say ‘I love you’ to the staff working in the same deparment as her. She knew that the way she said it doesn’t signify a deeper meaning of being in love with them. It’s just a saying that shows her appreciation to them. 

Love. That word got Handyman Oppa thinking of someone. After a long time, she fell in love again with someone. She considered that it was love at first sight, but one might argue that it was not. Well, it was when she first really looked at the girl who is eleven years younger than her.

It is true that she had looked at the girl previously, but that was the first time she really looks at her and she was struck by her beauty, her smell, her smile, the sound of her voice, the touch of her hand, her everything. Ever since that day, she is the only thing she could think of. Handyman Oppa smile at the thought of her first of many times that she fall in love with SinB. She had fallen in love with SinB over and over again within the span of four weeks since the first time they met during the reality show recording with Mamamoo.

*****

Eunha pull out her phone from under her pillow. She stares at the text message. She reads the text messages that she and the other person exchanged with one another. Most of the times, it was sweet, loving and romantic. Only a few times that the they were fighting over the messages because they wanted to avoid other people’s attention on them. Although Eunha knew that this time would probably ends up with a fight, she still typed the message and press send.

’Are we fighting? Why aren’t you here saying good night to me?’ Eunha read the message again while waiting for a reply.

’Why? Do you think we are? I am tired, so, good night. There, I have said it.’ Eunha close her eyes and let out a sigh upon reading the message. She instantly knew that they are fighting.

’Care to tell me what and why are we fighting this time? I don’t want to spend my time figuring it out.’ Eunha typed and if the person could see her face right now, she is tired of doing this thing over and over again.

’Heh, find then. You don’t have to spend any of your time for me.’ 

Eunha scoffed at the reply. She bit her bottom lip, trying not to get worked up by the message. Plus, it’s already 1 in the morning, she doesn’t want to wake the other two girls sleeping in the same room as her. 

‘Tell me or I won’t know. As far as I know, I didn’t do anything wrong. So, that means either you did something wrong or you are imagining something. Either way, I don’t think you should be mad at me.’ Eunha typed so hard that the screen of her phone might be broken.

‘Now I’m the one who did something wrong? You were the one acting all cute in front of the oppa. And I saw you were gawking at her biceps and abs when Yerin was touching her. If you really like it, why don’t you just do what Yerin did. If you are shy, let me tell Handyman Oppa that you like her. I can do it tonight if you cannot wait until tomorrow’

The reply just hit Eunha’s nerve and her blood is boiling that she can feel her whole body is hot right now. She clenched her teeth and typed her reply.

’When did you ever seen me not cute? That’s just who I am. And I am not the only one looking at oppa’s muscles and it was because we had never seen someone like her before, that includes me. Oh my, I can’t believe you just said that to me. Don’t, don’t bother telling anyone anything, just remind yourself that I, Eunha loves you, Sowon, and not anyone else. Keep reminding yourself that. I don’t know what do I do and how can I say this enough. I’m tired.’

’Yah, if you loves me, then don’t go staring at someone else. And you are not even denying it. If you love me, why can’t you just be your cute self with me and not with someone else? I’m tired too. Good night.’

Eunha was trying to calm down, she takes a deep breath and slowly breathe out. She reads the text that she just got for the third time. ‘Did she just yah me?’ Eunha can’t believe her eyes and read the text once again. With a defeated mind and heart she wrote her last text for the night as her eyes couldn’t bear to hold the tears anymore. 

’I love you. I just hope you would believe me and my heart if you love me. Good night.’ 

Eunha let the tears run down from her eyes to her chin. She closes her eyes. She clenched the phone with her phone on her chest. 

****

SinB and Yerin fell asleep on the couch while  watching the drama. Yerin was awaken by the sound from the TV and opens her eyes to a sleeping SinB leaning against her body wrapped tightly in her arms. She switch the TV off and gently caressing SinB’s arm. She kisses the nape of SinB’s head and whisper her name in her ears.

”SinB, sweetie, wakes up. Let’s go to bed.” SinB moves slightly and slowly opens her eyes. 

SinB stretch out her arms and turn around to face Yerin. With her eyes half opened, she hugs Yerin and give her a light peck just beside . Her lips was brushing a tiny part of Yerin’s lips but enough to send a shock of electricity to both of them. Yerin and SinB got off the couch and walk to towards the bedroom. 

“Good night. Sweet dreams.” Yerin walk SinB to her bedroom and kiss her on the forehead. SinB smile and nodded her head saying “you too”.

*****

Sowon clenched her teeth, she have been trying to sleep for the past one and a half hour. She went straight to bed after shower and have been laying there grunting. She was waiting for Eunha to come or at least send her a message since she didn’t go to her room to say good night. Usually she will go to the younger girl’s room and kiss her goodnight, sometimes even sleep there but tonight she doesn’t feel like it because of what happen this evening at the restaurant. 

Sowon stares at her favourite picture of Eunha in her phone. She let out a sigh. Eunha was smiling cutely, staring at her who was holding the phone, taking her picture, her right fingers interlaced with Sowon’s left fingers, so only Sowon’s left arm and hand was in the picture. She loves this ‘follow me’ picture. That was when she bravely said to Eunha, ‘follow me if you think you love me’. That was the reason why Eunha was staring at her. She remembered every words Eunha said to her after she snap the picture. “I don’t think, I know and I do. I love you, Sowon”.

Eunha has always been sure of her feelings and so is Sowon. Although they took their time to be sure, once they confessed their feelings towards each other, they are sure of it. Eunha has always been sure about her feelings and Sowon feelings for her. But, Sowon, she got an issues with herself. She is sure about her feelings for Eunha but always afraid that she is not goof enough for the younger girl and get easily intimidated by someone else that she thinks worthy of Eunha’s attention and love. This is the sole reason why Sowon was on guard the whole time they had dinner with Handyman Oppa.

The same reason why Sowon had her left hand on Eunha’s lap the whole time they were eating. Most of the time, Eunha held her hands, play with her fingers, but once the food arrived and she began eating, she let go of her hand. Probably because it was difficult for her to eat with her non-dominant hand. Sowon understood that. But, the thing she could not fathom was why did Eunha acting all cute in front of Handyman Oppa and she saw how Eunha was gawking at the oppa’s body. 

She did not say anything and just act like she nothing happened. But, it was getting on her nerve when Eunha suggested to the older woman for her to come and watch their performance tomorrow. She knows that Handyman Oppa is Gfriend’s fan. But, why did Eunha have to be the one to invite her. SinB is the one who is close with the oppa, she should have been the one inviting her, not her Eunha. That was when Sowon have had enough and her insecurities took over her. 

When the van pull over in front of the restaurant, she quickly hopped on the van and just sit in her usual seat. She didn’t say anything to Eunha or the other members the entire ride home. She shut her eyes when she heard Eunha calling her name, she pretended to sleep. When the van stopped in front of their hostel building, she jumped off the van without waiting for Eunha like she usually does. Sowon went straight to their hostel and to avoid from having to answer the other members’ questions on how she is being weird, she immediately lock herself in the toilet for a few minutes. She pretended to use the toilet, hence, why she was literally running from the van to their hostel unit.

Then she went to her room and cleaned her makeup. She showered and went to bed. With the scenes of Eunha being cute and lovely, staring at Yerin who was touching Handyman Oppa’s body keep playing in her mind, she just stare into the darkness of her room. Then, all of the sudden Eunha texted her. Instead of saying sorry, Eunha said she was the one who is doing something wrong. Her insecurities got the best of her that she offered her help to confess Eunha’s feeling to Handyman Oppa.

She didn’t mean it, but when she read the message again, it sounded like she is passing Eunha to someone else like she is just an object. She was so lost in her own insecurities that she didn’t notice that the girl was devastated as much as she is. Then, she kind of  yell at Eunha in her message and that must have hit Eunha’s heart so bad that she ended their back and forth texting with an ‘I love you’. 

Sowon just realised that she has hurt Eunha, the one she loves the most and it’s all thanks to her insecurities. This is definitely not their first time fighting over the same issues and certainly would not be the last one if she continues to feel threatened every time someone else is with Eunha. Sowon admit that she was at fault for saying those things to Eunha and ignored her since this evening, but Eunha is at fault as much as she is. Sowon kept justifying her action as Eunha was being cute and lovey dovey while gawking at Handyman Oppa’s body that caused her and Eunha to fight.

Even so, she badly wanted to see Eunha, it’s going to be difficult for her to sleep when they are fighting. Sowon stared into the darkness, holding tightly the pillow that Eunha usually used when she sleeps with her. 

*****

Laying on the bed in the darkness, all of them, Handyman Oppa, Sowon, Yerin, Eunha, Yuju, SinB and Umji close their eyes, forcing themselves to fall asleep. Unknowingly, all of them was thinking the same thing. Some of them was thinking of the same person. Handyman Oppa, Yerin and Umji were thinking about SinB, while SinB was thinking about Yerin and Handyman Oppa. Meanwhile, Yuju was thinking of Yerin and SinB, and Sowon and Eunha were thinking about each other. They all let out a sigh.

”Why are you doing this to me?”