First fight

Do you love me?

SinB scrolls through the photos in her phone. She likes to take pictures of other people especially her members and take photos of herself. There are thousands of photos stored in her phone. SinB stops at one photo of her and Handyman Oppa. They were wearing kimono. She was wearing a kimono with small flowery pattern while Handyman Oppa was wearing a man’s plain olive coloured kimono. They look like a happy couple in the picture.

SinB remembered clearly that night. She didn't expect Handyman Oppa to bought a kimono and give it to her because she has once asked Handyman Oppa about her kimonos that she has in her wardrobe as they are a lot of them. SinB never said she wanted one, she was asking because she has never seen the older woman wore the kimonos but there are filling almost half of the oppa’s wardrobe.

Plus, she asked because she wanted to know more about Handyman Oppa as the older woman doesn't talk much about her life. But, thanks to the kimonos in the wardrobe, she knew something about Handyman Oppa. Apparently, she used to wear kimonos most of the time when she was younger. Though it was strange, SinB didn't ask Handyman Oppa about it.

Handyman Oppa gave her the kimono the night when all the members were having a sleepover at Handyman Oppa’s house after she got back from her work trip to Japan. SinB was surprised when Handyman Oppa gave her the Japanese traditional outfit that she knew is expensive although the oppa claimed that she doesn’t remember the price when she asked her.

It was SinB’s first time wearing a kimono and she puts it on with the help from the oppa and her members. Although the girls were asking why did she the only one who got a kimono, Handyman Oppa just smiles without saying anything because she bought other things for them. Each of them got a present from Handyman Oppa and surprisingly it was things that they personally like. Since SinB likes to take pictures, she and the other members took a lot of them when she was wearing the kimono.

****

”Oppa, go put on yours. Then we'll take a picture together,” SinB instructed Handyman Oppa to which the older woman protest, as usual.

”Why do I have to?” Handyman Oppa asks uninterested with the idea while still remain seated on the couch watching her favourite anime on TV.

”So we can take a picture together. Now, go.” SinB said as she pulls Handyman Oppa’s hand forcefully to stand. 

“Girls, I don't have flowery patterns kimonos, just plain ones. But, you can wear them and take pictures together with SinB.” Handyman Oppa said to the other five girls who are still in their t-shirts and pants as an attempt to get away with having to put on hers.

Yerin, Umji, Yuju, Eunha and Sowon cheer gleefully accepting Handyman Oppa’s offers. They marched towards the master bedroom where all the kimonos are being kept in the walk-in wardrobe. Handyman Oppa smiles triumphantly thinking that she succeeded in diverting SinB’s attention towards the other girls only to find out it was not.

”Get up and go get changed,” SinB said sternly, glaring at Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa plops back down on the couch upon hearing what SinB just said. Then she rolled over from the couch onto the floor when SinB extends her hand out to her.

”I can do this all night long, oppa. Now, get up and get changed,” SinB pulls Handyman Oppa’s foot, still not giving up despite Handyman Oppa’s obvious act of protesting her.

”Ppo ppo hae juseyo. Ppo ppo hae juseyo. Ppo ppo hae, ppo ppo hae.” Handyman Oppa said with her lips pursed and kicking her feet in the air while she is still lying on the floor.

“Stop being a baby. Get up, get changed!” SinB glares at Handyman Oppa to which doesn’t change anything.

Handyman Oppa freezes her body on the floor while still puckering her lips at SinB. SinB smacks Handyman Oppa’s shoulder repeatedly forcing the older woman to get up and get changed. But, Handyman Oppa is being stubborn like a five year old child still lies on the floor, not moving a muscle. SinB stares at Handyman Oppa.

”Just one, please...” Handyman Oppa said pleadingly while putting her index finger up.

SinB sighs. She clenched her teeth and then takes a deep breath. SinB exhales slowly. She narrows her eyes and scowls at Handyman Oppa. SinB knew this has always worked in the past. She always does this when she wanted the oppa to do something, and it works like a charm.

”Fine. I’ll get changed.” Handyman Oppa said sulkily, pouting her lips unhappily at SinB.

As Handyman Oppa is still reluctant to do what SinB asked her to, instead of getting off the floor and walk, she slowly rolled on the floor towards her bedroom. While rolling on the floor, Handyman Oppa grunted. SinB follows the older girl to her bedroom. She smiles brightly while shaking her head seeing the childish act of the early thirties woman on the floor.

Handyman Oppa moves as slow as she can, she squats in front of her wardrobe and stares at it as if she is contemplating on a life and death decision. SinB stands behind the older woman to make sure she will not try and get away from changing into her kimono as SinB asked her to. She sighs looking at Handyman Oppa’s antics.

One thing Handyman Oppa is famous for is moving and doing something as slow as she can when she was asked to do something she doesn't want to in order to make people give up on her and stop asking her to do it. SinB knows the oppa all too well and she won't budge. She then takes out an olive-coloured kimono and hands it to Handyman Oppa. SinB immediately shoots a glare at Handyman Oppa at the sign of a protest from the older woman which shuts off any further protests. The woman takes the kimono and goes to the toilet to get changed.

Handyman Oppa only takes about ten minutes to get changed and fully dressed in her kimono. SinB was a bit shocked as how quick the older woman gets dressed to which Handyman Oppa just said it's relatively easy to put on a man’s kimono compared to woman’s kimono. She also said she wore them almost every day when she was younger, so it is like wearing ever day clothes for her. SinB smiles happily and takes Handyman Oppa’s hand pulling her to go to the living room to take pictures with her.

SinB places her phone upright on the TV cabinet facing the living room. She sets the camera on a timer mode before walks to Handyman Oppa who is already sitting on the floor a few steps from her. Handyman Oppa sits in a proper sitting manner or ‘seiza’ sitting where she folded her legs underneath her thighs and rested her buttocks on the heels, with her ankles turned outwards making the top of the feet are lying flat on the floor. SinB is not used to sit in that position, however, she still did it as she always saw japanese in kimonos sit like that.

“1,2,3, smile!!!”SinB said to Handyman Oppa as she smiles at the camera.

Handyman Oppa did what she was told to. She smiles at the camera. Then she immediately lies down on the floor. SinB pulls Handyman Oppa’s hand to stand as she asked the older woman to take another picture, standing next to one another. Handyman Oppa reluctantly gets up from the floor.

’Chup’

SinB gives Handyman Oppa a quick peck on her cheek once the older woman gets up from the floor and stands next to her. Handyman Oppa smiles brightly with the unexpected reward she got from SinB. The camera was still in the timer mode, so it captured the moment when SinB kisses Handyman Oppa’s cheek. Just as they were about to take a picture standing next to each other, the girls are screaming for help from the bedroom.

****

Although SinB wanted to keep the picture which she kisses Handyman Oppa, however, she deleted it after they discussed about it. It would be risky and might cause a problem for SinB if her phone ever got stolen or if she lost her phone. But, she sends the picture and the one where they were sitting to Handyman Oppa’s phone before deleting it. So, there is only one picture of her and Handyman Oppa in kimonos stored on her phone.

They didn’t get a picture where they stand next to each other as the other girls are asking for their help to put on the kimonos they took from Handyman Oppa’s wardrobe. Handyman Oppa helped them with their kimonos and after that, she was appointed to be the cameraman taking their pictures. So, there are a lot of pictures of SinB and her members on the phone, but only one picture of her and Handyman Oppa.

SinB swaps through the photos and smiles again looking at a picture of her and Yerin. The older girl wore a light grey kimono and they were posing facing each other with a smile on their face. They even had couple of selcas together. SinB stops at a picture of her and the other girls that was taken by Handyman Oppa. They were laying on the bed and in the picture she and Yerin was holding hands and laughing. She looks so happy in the picture.

SinB felt slightly guilty when she realised it must have been awful for Handyman Oppa to see that. But, to this day, Handyman Oppa never said anything to her about it. The older woman never gets angry at SinB, she never complains, she sometimes disagrees with what SinB asked her to at first but will eventually gives in and ends up doing what she asked her to. SinB sometimes gets frustrated with it as she sometimes feels like the older woman is not treating her like an adult, she always gives in to her request as if she is some child who can’t handles rejection. SinB sighs at the thought that just crossed her mind.

SinB continues looking at the photos on her phone. As she swaps through the photos, she encountered several pictures of her and Handyman Oppa. All of them were taken after she has to force the older woman to, otherwise, they would not have any pictures together. Handyman Oppa has never keen on taking pictures, that's why she doesn't have any pictures of her or her family. Although it was strange for SinB, she never pestered the older woman about it as she never talks about her family.

It has been over six months since SinB knows and befriended Handyman Oppa. They sometimes went out for lunch, shopping and dinner. But, most of the time they just met at home or at the company’s building after practice. When SinB thinks about it, Handyman Oppa probably went out with Eunha and Yerin a lot more compared to her. It's because she doesn't really like going out and Handyman Oppa is also the same. But, she usually says yes if any of the girls ask her to accompany them shopping especially for groceries.

SinB and Handyman Oppa once went out shopping and the older woman didn't buy anything at the end of the day while she bought some clothes and cosmetics. When she complained about it, the next time they went out, the older woman bought a shirt that looks exactly the same as the one she was wearing. For Handyman Oppa, she doesn’t think it is necessary for her to have variety of patterns and colours of clothes. SinB smiles as she recalls the time when they went shopping and Handyman Oppa bought the shirt.

”Oppa, this is exactly the same as the one you are wearing,” SinB said as she points at Handyman Oppa’s shirt.

”No, it’s not. The button is different and the colour is a bit darker.” Handyman Oppa said and shows it to SinB.

SinB shakes her head in disbelief. At a glance, the two shirts look exactly the same. The buttons on the shirt that Handyman Oppa is wearing are in black colours while the one she wanted to buy is dark grey. Meanwhile, the shirt she is wearing is only one or two shades lighter than the one she wanted to buy, but the colour is the same, grey.

Apparently, the store assistant also knows Handyman Oppa and she said that the oppa always buy similar coloured and pattern shirts from the store for years. SinB then gives up from trying to ask Handyman Oppa to buy the shirt in another colour.

Although Handyman Oppa usually buys and wears clothes that are either grey, white, black and sometimes blue, she does have a few shirts and t-shirts in other colours. One of them is a burgundy t-shirt.

SinB picked out the burgundy coloured t-shirt for her at the store and puts it on the counter when Handyman Oppa was paying for her grey shirt. The older woman didn’t say anything and paid for it without a fuss. 

The next time they met, Handyman Oppa wore the t-shirt. It makes SinB happy seeing her wears the t-shirt that she forced her to take a picture together. SinB smiles again as she looks at the picture they took that day. Handyman Oppa was grinning in the picture they took in the car on the way going to the shopping mall.

SinB was actually thankful for someone who took pictures of them and posted them online. At least they got some pictures for that date and for the first time it doesn't seem like the oppa is wearing the same shirt. Since it was very difficult to take a picture with Handyman Oppa, SinB had saved some pictures that fans posted online on her phone to commemorate their few dates.

For the last six months, SinB has received dozens of bouquets of flowers. Each time she gets one, she will take a picture of it. Almost all of them was from Handyman Oppa. There are one or two from Yerin. The older woman likes to give SinB flowers and inexpensive gifts without any reasons. But, that was not always the case, one-fourth of the flowers were given by Handyman Oppa because SinB was sulking or angry over something and flowers are always Handyman Oppa’s go-to method to say sorry and make up with her. It doesn't always work and it has got SinB even more furious several time when Handyman Oppa gave her flower.

SinB stops scrolling down the photos at one picture, a disarrange bouquet of red roses. She stares longingly at the picture. It was one of a few flowers that she throws in the rubbish bin, or left unattended out of rage. Although SinB threw them out at first, she will always pick them up back a few days later and takes a picture of each one of them. That particular roses in the photo was the last one she received from Handyman Oppa, just little over a month ago before they got into their first fight. 

Although SinB has been angry at Handyman Oppa countless of times over various reasons before, this was their first real fight. Usually, when SinB get angry, Handyman Oppa always apologised almost immediately. This is one of thing about Handyman Oppa that irks SinB the most. It drives SinB crazy that Handyman Oppa knew what she did wrong and apologises immediately which leaves SinB with nothing to be angry at anymore. It is not like SinB enjoy being mad at her, but all she wants is for her to be able to be angry at the Handyman Oppa a bit longer.

It's like when Handyman Oppa says sorry, she has to forgive her. But, she is not done being mad at her. Surely there is no written rule that she has to forgive Handyman Oppa, but, it doesn't feel right for her to keep being angry when the oppa has already owned her mistake and says sorry.

Sometimes, Handyman Oppa did give SinB some time to stay mad at her and didn't apologise after couple of days. Handyman Oppa will only text her the usual good morning and good night without saying anything else. But, that also makes SinB mad at times. It feels like the oppa doesn't even care about her.

SinB closes the photo gallery and opens the text messages that she exchanged with Handyman Oppa. For the nth time, SinB lets out a sigh. She recalled a few days leading to their fight and the day they fought itself over a month ago. Whenever she thinks about it, her eyes get teary. SinB closes her eyes and like a movie, the memories play in her head.

****

SinB and Handyman Oppa are both pretty busy with work this last few months, so they didn’t get to meet often. SinB was preparing for her last exam and for Gfriend’s upcoming comeback. Handyman Oppa was busy with her work as usual, year-end reports and projects. For few weeks, they have been meeting shortly a few times a week. Handyman Oppa managed to come and meet SinB for ten to fifteen minutes before her evening/night practice sessions.

At times, the oppa just left the girls some food for dinner or late night snacks either at the practice room or in front of their dorm’s door without meeting SinB. It was either because Handyman Oppa has waited for long and the girls were running late, or she was late and missed SinB before practice. 

They have been preparing, recording and practicing for their comeback for months, so to avoid the girls from getting burned out and overworked, the CEO gives them three days of rest. During the three days, they only have morning practice sessions for a few hours and they are free to do anything after that. As soon as SinB heard the announcement, she texted Handyman Oppa and asks her out tomorrow after work. 

‘Miss me?’ SinB reads Handyman Oppa’s reply to her message and smiles shyly.

’Yes or no?’ SinB replies, ignoring the oppa’s question.

’Yes! Of course. I miss you. I couldn’t sleep for a week because I haven’t seen my Bi’s pretty face.’ 

‘See you tomorrow, bye.’ SinB replies the oppa’s text and gets back to her members.

SinB has been waiting eagerly to meet Handyman Oppa since yesterday afternoon. She reads the text messages she exchanged with Handyman Oppa yesterday. Although she didn’t answer the oppa’s question, she actually do miss the oppa. She choose not to answer the obvious question because then Handyman Oppa would not stop teasing her if she does.

After practice, the six of them went out for lunch, but she and Yerin parted way with the other four members after that. Sowon and Eunha went out shopping while Yuju and Umji went to see a movie. She and Yerin had already made a plan to go out tomorrow, so they both go home after lunch. Yerin has been sleeping in her room ever since they got home a few hours ago.

SinB glances at her phone to check the time. It's already past 6 p.m. Usually, Handyman Oppa gets off work around this time and she will text or call SinB when she is about to leave the office. So, SinB is waiting for the oppa to contact her. After an hour, the oppa still hasn't contacted her. She started to get impatient and texted the oppa asking her whereabouts, to which Handyman Oppa didn't reply. At about 7.30 p.m., she got a text from Handyman Oppa.

’Bi, I'm sorry I got held up at work, I am leaving the office now. Probably I will be late by about ten minutes. Sorry.’ 

SinB reads the text and get dressed. She waits for the oppa rather impatiently because Handyman Oppa just said she is going to be late when this is the first time they are going out after a few weeks. As SinB waits, she called Handyman Oppa a few times but she didn't pick up. The fact that she didn’t pick up her phone tells SinB that the older woman is riding her superbike, because if she is driving, she would answer her phone on the speaker. This angered SinB more.

”Just what is she thinking? Not only she is late, she is riding her bike? How are we going to go out then?” SinB said to herself annoyed by the prospect that she and Handyman Oppa might just stay at home tonight, which is not something she plans to do.

”Yerin unnie, let's go out and eat. I’m hungry.” SinB said to Yerin who is sitting on the couch next to her.

”Oh, okay. Give me ten minutes to change.” Yerin said as she gets up and walks to her room.

SinB is done waiting for Handyman Oppa. She calls a taxi to pick her and Yerin up in front of the apartment building. As soon as Yerin is ready, they both go down and got into the taxi. SinB sends a text message to Handyman Oppa when she and Yerin had arrived at the restaurant.

’You were late. I went out with Yerin unnie.’

And within seconds after she sent it, Handyman Oppa replies her text.

‘enjoy your dinner. Be careful. Sorry I was late.’ 

“That’s it?! You have got to be kidding me!” SinB curses Handyman Oppa in her mind.

SinB is furious with Handyman Oppa’s nonchalant reply that she just puts her phone in her pocket without replying the text message. While she and Yerin are enjoying their dinner, SinB posted their picture on the group's SNS account. After dinner, they went for a quick window shopping before goes back home.

”Miss SinB, your friend left this for you.” 

SinB walks towards the guard house when the security guard calls for her. The man in the blue uniform is standing by the door, holding a bouquet of flowers in his hand while smiling at her. 

”Your friend, D left this for you. She brought this food as well, but when I told her you just left with Miss Yerin, she asked me to eat them.” The man said as he handed the flowers to SinB.

”Oppa was here? What time did she arrive?” Yerin asks the security guard.

”Right after you two left. I asked her if she wanted to go up, but she said it's okay and left this with me to give it to Miss SinB when you two come back,” said the man.

”Thank you, ahjussi. Enjoy the food.” SinB said before she excused herself and leaves the guard house.

SinB just walks straight to the lift, ignoring Yerin’s stares. As they wait for the lift, SinB fishes out her phone from her pocket. She checks her text message and there is a new unread message from Handyman Oppa that was sent two hours ago. She clicks on the message and reads it. Apparently, the older woman has arrived at her home and went to bed soon after. Like an oil being poured into a fire, her anger flamed. SinB holds the bouquet tightly that it crumples. Just like before, SinB did not reply Handyman Oppa’s message.

”Did you already had plans with oppa?” Yerin asks as soon as they set foot in the dorm.

”She was late.” SinB simply said as she puts the bouquet on the dining table and disappears into her room.

The next morning, SinB wakes up and still angry with Handyman Oppa, she just reads the usual morning message without replying. After practice, she and Yerin go out as planned. For the whole day, she hasn't checked her phone and was enjoying her date with Yerin.

They had lunch, went shopping, play some games and bought some snacks before they went back to the dorm. Once she finished showering, SinB checks her phone and there is only one message from the oppa telling her that she is attending a fundraising dinner at a hotel.

She actually has forgotten about the dinner that she was invited to go but declined. A few weeks ago, Handyman Oppa invited her to go to the dinner with her as she is one of the organising committees for the fundraising, but she declined her invitation. As Gfriend is preparing for a comeback, she doesn’t want to go the event as there might be some reporters there and they will surely takes pictures of her. She doesn’t like to be on the news for formal events like this during their break without her members. Plus, the reporters might also ask her about it which she doesn’t know how to reply without leaving a spoiler.

”Oh, Twice is performing at oppa’s event,” said Umji as she shows her phone to everyone who is sitting on the couch watching TV.

SinB also joins the other girls looking at Umji’s phone. Among the photos that Twice’s fan posted on SNS, there was a picture showing Jihyo walking with Handyman Oppa. Although the picture was taken from the side, it is clearly shown that Jihyo was clinging her hand onto Handyman Oppa’s arm making SinB more irritated with the oppa. She really hates it when she finds out about things like this from other people or on the internet rather than Handyman Oppa tells her herself. SinB is filled with anger and for two consecutive days, she doesn’t reply Handyman Oppa’s text message.

”Bi, do you want to go out for a quick lunch?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB as soon as the girl walks into the break room.

Handyman Oppa drops by Gfriend’s company building where the girls are practising without informing SinB. She just texted SinB telling her  that she is in the break room and asks if she can see her. 

"Bi, do you want to go ou for a quick lunch?" Handyman Oppa asks SinB as soon as the girl walks into the break room, extending her hand that is holding a bouquet of red roses to SinB.

”I have practice after this,” SinB answered nonchalantly without taking the flowers.

”I know, we'll go to the cafe next door. I’m hungry,” Handyman Oppa suggested still trying to get SinB to say yes despite noticing SinB’s cold behaviour towards her. 

”Why don't you ask Jihyo unnie then?” SinB responded in the same indifference manner.

”Because I want to eat with you.” Handyman Oppa answers calmly.

”Well, I don't want to,” SinB said, crossing her arms.

”Oh, okay then.” Handyman Oppa said as she doesn't want to force SinB who is clearly mad at her.

”That’s it?” SinB asks angrily.

”What do you mean?” Handyman Oppa asks with a questioning look on her face.

”I said no, and you just say okay? You are not even going to try sweet-talking me into going out for lunch? Well, I guess you don't really want to go with me, eyh? Want to ask another girl out for lunch with you?” SinB scoffs angrily at Handyman Oppa.

”I want to have lunch with you, that's why I am here but you said you don't want to, so I don't want to force you. And no, I'm not asking anyone else out. I’ll just grab something from the convenience store on my way back.” Handyman Oppa responded.

”Well, I guess I am nobody to you. You are not even going to try and convince me to go out for lunch, you don't even ask how am I going to eat lunch. You just said okay and that's it,” SinB stuttered as she is about to lose her calm.

”You are someone special to me, you are my Bi. You just said you don't want to. I know you will eat lunch and how because I'm going to order delivery for you guys after this. And clearly you are mad at me, so I'm guessing whatever I say, you will still going to say no. And I don't want to go out with anyone else, so I'll just grab something and eat in the car.”

Handyman Oppa’s calm explanation making SinB snapped.

”So, you are going to keep referring Jihyo as anyone else? When are you planning to tell me about you two? Am I really someone special to you, when you didn't even tell me about you and her?! Am I really someone special to you when you didn't even ask me what I did the other night?” SinB asks angrily with her voice slightly louder, close to yelling at Handyman Oppa.

”You called Mi Soo, so you already know about Twice was performing at the event last night. Jihyo and I walked into the ballroom together because we met on the way in. I think you already saw the picture, she clung her hand on mine, I didn't even hold out my arm for her, my hands are in the pocket. I was going to tell you about this over lunch. You went out for dinner with Yerin, you told me and apparently to the whole world. You posted some pictures, so I already know about it.” Handyman Oppa explains calmly.

”And that was it? Just because I called Mi Soo unnie, you don't have to tell me about it? Just because you saw some pictures, it's not necessary for you to ask me what I did, what I ate? Oppa, what are we? Who am I to you? What are you? Why are you so calm when I just left the other night? Aren't you mad? You didn't even ask anything to me, so what am I to you?” SinB asks.

”I was late, so you decided to go with Yerin. What was I supposed to say? No? You already left when I got there. And you just texted me telling me about it ten minutes after you left. You posted some pictures, so I know you guys went out for dinner. You will tell me anything if you want to, when you want to, so when you don't, I didn't ask.” Handyman Oppa said carefully so her voice remain calm despite feeling a little devastated with what happened.

”So you don't even care that we didn't meet the other night?” SinB asks again.

”Of course I do. You know I do. That’s why I am here today.”

”I don't think you care. Because if you do, you won't be riding your bike to work. That’s why I decided to go with Yerin. We haven't met for a while, and all I want is to go out with you so we can eat together, just the two of us. But when I called you, you didn’t pick up. So, I knew you were on your motorbike. If you are riding your bike, we are going to eat at home. And just as I thought, you already buy some foods, you gave it to the ahjussi. You don’t care, you don’t care.” 

“I do. I had an emergency call that morning so I took my bike to work. I bought the food because I thought you might be hungry as I was late. If you said you wanted to go out for dinner, we will go out for dinner that night.” Handyman Oppa said as she sighs quietly.

”Really? You got back home and went straight to bed. You must have been really tired. So, are you really going to go out if I asked you to?” SinB asks angrily, to which confuses Handyman Oppa.

”Yes, I will. I’ll call a taxi and we’ll go out for dinner. It doesn’t matter if I was tired because I can always sleep when I got home.” 

“Why are you so considerate? Why aren’t you angry at me because I stood you up the other night? Who am I to you that you never tell me what you feels?What are we that we don’t fight?” 

Handyman Oppa looks at SinB, confused with the absurd questions the young girl just ask her. She stares at the girl blankly, she doesn’t know what she should say. 

”Why do you want me to be angry at you? And why do you want us to fight?” Handyman Oppa finally asks confusedly.

”Because you never did and it irritates me. It makes me look like I am the bad person because I always get angry at you. Am I not worth you time for you to at least feel slightly angry at me? Why do you always so considerate with me? How bad do you think I am? Do you think if you did something against what I want, it will be the end of us?” SinB shouted at Handyman Oppa as she could not held her frustration in any longer.

“I’m sorry it irritates you. You are not a bad person, it was my fault. So, you get angry when I did something you don’t approve. That's normal and acceptable. And I just don’t like to get angry, especially not at you. I just don’t like to get angry. That's it. And why are you saying the end of us?” Handyman Oppa shoots a confused look at SinB.

”You always listen to me, why can’t you just do what I asked?” SinB finally lets out her loudest scream, not caring if other people heard them.

”People might hear you, Bi...” Handyman Oppa said softly.

”Since when do you care about other people?! Are you a saint, that you don't get angry? Don't you feel anything?” said SinB, still screaming at Handyman Oppa.

”Well I don't. And of course I'm not a saint. I just don't like to get angry. That's all. Why do you keep insisting me to? You want to get mad at me, by all means, please do.” Handyman Oppa said as she takes a deep breath for the nth time to calm herself down.

”I am angry at you!” SinB screams at the top of her lungs. 

”You know what? Let's talk. Why are you so angry at me? Tell me why,” Handyman Oppa asks softly, trying to calm SinB down.

”Stop treating me like a child! Is that why you don't get mad at me? That’s why I'm angry. I don't want to talk, I am not a child. I am not worth your time that you always have to brush me off every time I am angry at you? I stood you up and you don't even feel anything, then what does it make me? Wait...Ahh, you had a date with someone else that night, that's why you don't feel anything.” 

”Stop accusing me. I went straight home, I didn't meet anyone. I am not brushing you off, and it’s not because I’m treating you like a child. I just don't like to argue or fight for long...Of course I feel something, I am not a robot.” Handyman Oppa said as calm as she can.

“Then tell me that. Tell me what you feel! Why is it so difficult for you? Is it because I am no one for you? That's why you don't tell me things?! Did you tell this to her?!” SinB screams at Handyman Oppa with her voice stuttering at the end like she was about to cry.

”You could have waited for me,” Handyman Oppa said while clenching her teeth, trying to control the volume of her voice.

”You were late!” SinB yells, fully charged for a fight.

”I told you that already. You couldn’t wait for me? Just for a minute? I arrived just as you left with Yerin.” Handyman Oppa responded with a voice a bit harsher that her usual calm, soothing voice.

”I wanted to go out, but you took your bike with you. You already knew we are going to meet that night, why would you still ride the bike?” 

“You called Mi Soo last night, she told you why,” Handyman Oppa said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

”Why? Why do I have to hear it from other people? Why don’t you told me about Jihyo unnie? Why do I have to find out about it online?” SinB asks.

”I wanted to tell you over dinner, but you left with Yerin. I told you about the event, I asked you to go with me, but you don't want to. How am I supposed to know someone took a picture of us?” Handyman Oppa lets out a long, deep sigh as she steps away from SinB and leans against the wall.

”So if no one posted the photo, you would never tell me about it? Well, that was a shame. You got caught this time. Even if I left with Yerin, you could have asked me where we are and come join us for dinner.” 

”Stop accusing me of things I didn't do. Why should I ruin your date with Yerin?” Handyman Oppa said as she looks straight into SinB’s eyes.

”We were supposed to go out-“ SinB said but was cut by Handyman Oppa.

”But-you-went-out-with-Yerin.” Handyman Oppa said the word one-by-one, emphasising each word as she clenched her teeth. 

Handyman Oppa facial expression that is always calm, changed into an angry one. Her eyes grew bigger and darker. This is the first time SinB ever seen Handyman Oppa like this, she can really feel that the woman is irritated and she is actually scared. 

”Now I can't go out with other people?! But you can go around having fancy dinner with other girls?” SinB gathers all her courage to question Handyman Oppa.

”I didn't go out with her. I was working last night-”

Knock, knock.

”What?!!!” Both SinB and Handyman Oppa yell at Gfriend’s manager who opens the door after knocking.

”Emm... She has practice. Sorry, sorry, sorry.” The manager who looks pale and terrified stuttering as he said it to Handyman Oppa and SinB who are scowling at him.

”Your work called. And no. You can go out with anyone you want. I am in no position to stop you from going out with whoever you want or tell you who you can or cannot go out with. I’m sorry, I shouldn't have said it. I’ll order some food for you,” said Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa’s voice and face softened. She slowly walks towards the door and was about to go out but stopped as SinB is screaming at her.

SinB snapped for the second time upon hearing what Handyman Oppa just said to her. She yells at the older woman as she points her index finger at the woman.

”Don’t you dare say sorry to me when you don't mean it. And don't you dare walk out on me right now!” 

”You heard the man, you have practice.” Handyman Oppa said without even looking at SinB.

”You are going out for lunch with her, aren't you? Fine, go! See if I care.” SinB screams at the top of her lung as she throws the bouquet of flowers that Handyman Oppa gave her earlier at the older woman’s head.

”I told you to stop accusing me. There is only one her, and that is YOU! You know what? Let's just calm ourselves down first, there's nothing good going to come out if we keep screaming at each other like this.” Handyman Oppa turns around facing SinB, picks up the flowers and places them on the chair.

”Don’t tell me to calm down. No. You can talk all by yourself. I’m done. I can't even look at you right now. Don't call me, don't text me.” SinB said before she storms out of the room.

****

SinB sighs as she thinks about the last time she and Handyman Oppa met and it ended with a big fight. Since then, they have never met or talk to each other. This is the longest that the oppa has not contacted SinB ever since they started texting each other. SinB knew she was the one insisting the oppa to get angry and engaged in a fight with her, and she was the one telling the oppa not to call or text her. But, Handyman Oppa has taken her words literally. It was like she just vanished into thin air. She didn't call, she didn't text, not only SinB, she didn't even contact anyone else. 

The day after SinB and Handyman Oppa fought,  SinB was still feeling angry so she didn't even think about Handyman Oppa. Her anger began to subside on the third day, so she was expecting Handyman Oppa to at least text her good morning or night, or sends her flowers or gifts like she usually does. Before this, three days was the longest she would give oppa a silence treatment where she doesn't reply to her text or picks up her call. But, the oppa would still text her at least once at night. 

The fourth day, SinB started asking her members if Handyman Oppa has texted them. The older woman didn't text or call any of them, not even Yerin. Although the fight was partly her fault, and she missess the oppa, she doesn’t want to be the first to text or call. She wanted Handyman Oppa to be the one who says sorry and make up with her. SinB knows she is contradicting herself for wanting the oppa to apologise first even though she said she hated it when they were fighting the other day. But, that was because the oppa seems to be apologising to get away from arguing with her, not because she is really sorry about what she did. 

Eventually, SinB went to Handyman Oppa’s house unannounced with Yerin. She wanted to go and give the older woman a piece of her mind for not texting and calling her for a week. When they got to the house, only Solar was there. Apparently she has a fight with Moon Byul and was hiding from her, so she went to oppa’s house. There was no sign of Handyman Oppa and even Solar didn’t know oppa’s whereabouts.

Not long after SinB and Yerin got to Handyman Oppa’s apartment, Mi Soo and Jung Hwa arrived. Through the two women who called themselves oppa's office wives that they knew that Handyman oppa was doing some charity work in the countrysides and will only come back to Seoul after two weeks.

**

"She came and see you before she left on Monday, right? Didn't she tell you about it? It is really difficult to get coverage there, so it is hard to get in contact with her once she's there." Mi Soo said to SinB with a confused look.

"She didn't..."SinB answered sadly.

"They had a huge fight that day," added Yerin, causing Mi Soo and Jung Hwa to gasp in shocked.

"Really? No way. With you? No way. She could never get angry at you, you are SinB." Mi Soo repeatedly asks and shakes her head in disbelief.

SinB told them what happened between her and Handyman Oppa last Monday. Mi Soo and Jung Hwa both were shocked at first when they heard what happened, then they nod their head understanding the reason why SinB did it.

"She doesn't talk about her life, she doesn't talk about her feelings, she doesn't like to get angry, we kind of figure her out on our own after few years working with her. We learned her likes and dislikes when we observe her. Otherwise, we wouldn't have known either." Mi Soo said while Jung Hwa nods her head enthusiastically agreeing with everything her friend said.

"I know right? It's frustrating for me." SinB said, frowning her face.

"But...we do get why she avoid getting angry," Jung Hwa said as she exchanges look with Mi Soo.

"Why?" SinB asks.

"Because when she gets angry, it's going to take her at least three days before it subsides. Everything, everyone who walk pass her when she's angry is not right, they'll get scold over things she normally doesn't care about. So to avoid further unnecessary damage to people, she will limit her interaction with people. And it's going to take her months for her to get back to her normal calm state. And she really hates it," explained Jung Hwa.

"But, we don't expect that she didn't say anything to you..."Mi Soo said as she shoots a questioning stare at SinB and Jung Hwa.

"Uhh... I kind of told her don't bother calling or texting me?" SinB said with a guilty expression on her face.

"Oh, well that explains it. You do realise that she is really good in following orders. At times, she is exceptionally obidient, and at times is extremely stubborn." Mi Soo said to SinB with a bitter smile. 

"So, why are we here looking for oppa?" Yerin asks SinB while scratching her head.

"I didn't think it would be this long..."SinB said frustratedly.

"Then why did you force her to get angry and fight with her? Should she do what you asked her to or not? I am confused. Why are we here and what are we doing? What am I doing here?" Yerin asked still confused with the reason behind SinB's action.

SinB stares at Yerin and sighs, saying "you two are the same. Idiot."

Yerin blinks her eyes in disbelief and keeps staring at SinB with a confused mind. She can't think of the reason or the logic behind SinB's action and words. And like a fool, she asked, "what? How am I the same with oppa?" 

"Because I love you two idiot!" SinB mutters to herself as she walks out from the house leaving Yerin who is still clueless.

****

"Oppa, you have got to make up with SinB. Because if you don't, it's going to be the end for both of us," said Yerin as soon as Handyman Oppa picks up her phone.

"Why? Take this opportunity Yerin. Give her the ring and asks her." Handyman Oppa responded.

"I don't want her to choose me because you two are fighting, because she only have me. No, I want her to choose me because she loves me. Well, I think she does love me, and...you. At least if I didn't misheard her the other day. Plus, she is kind of fighting with me too..."

"What did you do?" Handyman Oppa asks while laughing.

"Nothing. You did. You didn't call her, you didn't text her. She is letting it out on me. She is not talking to me either. So, you have to come back here and make up with her already. Or, we both are not going to have any chance to win her heart." Yerin grunted.

"She told me not to. C'mon, I don't think it is solely because of me. Probably because you still hasn't give her the ring, that's why."

"I'm still waiting for the right time. And do you think she will even look at the ring when she is not talking to me? Stop being a baby and come back to Seoul. You have to save us. She even takes it out on our manager." 

"You have to call that old man and scold him. I'm here because of him." Handyman Oppa said as she lets out a heavy sigh.

"Arghh...you are enjoying Busan aren't you? You go out fishing every night, didn't you? Oh c'mon, come back and make up with SinB, and I'll go fishing with you in Seoul."

Yerin frowns because Handyman Oppa laughs her heart out when she said she will go fishing with her. The older woman still laughing even after Yerin grunted and asked her to stop.

"I don't think you can stand fishing, but... oh why not? I'm looking forward to that one fine day." Handyman Oppa said, still laughing at Yerin.

"Why are you laughing? I can stand waiting for hours for the fish to take the bait..." 

"Hahahaha. You remember that day, right? You must have regretted it. You two did."Handyman Oppa laughs as she remembered the day when Yerin  tagged along on her date with SinB.

**

"Are you sure?" Handyman Oppa asks.

"Yes. I want to come. Why? Did you already promise other girl or are you going somewhere else?" SinB asks the older woman back.

"Aniya. Okay then, I'll pick you up tomorrow morning." Handyman Oppa ends the call and go to bed.

At 8 in the morning, Handyman Oppa arrives at the girls' dorm. She rings the bell and waits for SinB to answer the door. She has been thinking since last night why SinB wanted to come with her today because she is going fishing and it usually take a whole day. Plus, they already plan to go out tomorrow. But, when SinB excitedly pursuaded her last night to let her come along, Handyman Oppa couldn't say no. So, she prepared some foods and bought snacks that SinB likes for them to eat while fishing. She even bring lotions, sunscreen, bugs repellant spray, and some other things that she doesn't usually bring when she goes out fishing. 

"Oppa, what people wear when they go fishing?" SinB asks the older woman as soon as she opens the door.

"Wear anything you like. It's not that cold and not too sunny outside, so you can just wear your t-shirt..."

"Is this what are you wearing oppa? I thought people wear like a jumpsuit or something?" Yerin asks when she comes out of her room, carrying a backpack.

Handyman Oppa look at herself, up and down. She wears a long sleeve grey coloured t-shirt, a pair of worn out jeans and a baseball cap. She looks at Yerin who is already dressed in a pair of jeans and t-shirt with a confused look.

"Yerin unnie is coming with us, oppa." SinB said to Handyman Oppa with a guilty look.

"Ohh," Handyman Oppa pouted and forced a bitter smile at SinB before plopping down on the couch.

Handyman Oppa feels a bit bitter when she finds out Yerin is tagging along with her and SinB. She didn't say anything to SinB or Yerin. The one hour car ride filled with eerie silence, no one says anything. Handyman Oppa avoided eye contact with SinB who has been trying to say something to her, most probably to say sorry and explains why Yerin had to tag along.

SinB is aware that Handyman Oppa is not happy with her decision of letting Yerin come along with them. But, she can't do anything because Yerin wanted to come and Sowon only allowed her to go fishing with Handyman oppa if Yerin comes along. She has been trying to explain it to Handyman Oppa but she hasn't had a chance to do so. SinB stares at the oppa's hand on the gear stick, wanting to hold and caresses it as she usually does but Yerin was eyeing her most of the time. Time goes by as she is deciding her moves, they have arrived at their destination.

Handyman Oppa sets the folding chairs, the ice box and gets her fishing rods ready. She demonstrates to SinB and Yerin how to cast the fishing rod, and cast hers. 

"Let me help you," said Handyman Oppa as she places her hand on SinB's hand that is holding the fishing rod.

Handyman Oppa stands close behind SinB, she gently places her hands on SinB's and moves them slowly backwards and forwards to cast the fishing rod. She lingers around, still holding SinB's hand although it was not necessary for her to do that. Handyman Oppa smiles immediately as the smells of SinB's hair enters her nose. 

"Sowon unnie said Yerin have to come along if I wanted to go fishing with you..."said SinB softly to Handyman Oppa who is just a few centimetres behind her.

"Emm." Handyman Oppa answers nonchalantly.

"Why do you like fishing?" SinB asks.

"To clear my head. To practice how to catch a girl's heart..." Handyman Oppa answers in her low voice sending tingling goosebumps down SinB's neck.

 "How many girls are there?" SinB asks in a feigned angry voice.

"Just one. You." Handyman Oppa whispers in SinB's ear.

"Oppa! I think I caught one!" Yerin screams excitedly.

Yerin's scream caused Handyman Oppa and SinB to break away from each other and turn around to look at the girl. Yerin waves at them asking them to come to her. The two walk towards Yerin. Handyman Oppa first tells Yerin what to do and then helps her reel in the line, only to find nothing hooked up at the end of the line.

"What? Why? Where is the fish?" Exclaimed Yerin.

"Probably got away when you were reeling in..."Handyman Oppa said as she hook another worm and hands the fishing rod to Yerin.

Yerin frowns but take the rod and cast it. Then, all three of them sit on the folding chair that Handyman Oppa has set for them a few steps from their fishing rod that they rested against the railing.

"I can't take it anymore. I'm going to the market. Let's go SinB," said Yerin as she she stands abruptly. Yerin finally gives up after one hour of waiting for the fish to bite on the fishing hook they casted. 

"Do you want me to drive you there?" Handyman Oppa said smiling at Yerin who sighs loudly.

"Do you want to come with us?" Yerin asks Handyman Oppa to which the older woman just responded by shaking her head.

"We'll get a taxi then." Yerin said as she takes SinB's hand.

Handyman Oppa sends the two girls with a smile. After three hours, SinB and Yerin get back to the port where Handyman Oppa was. The girls got a few shopping bags with them. Handyman Oppa has already packed the fishing rods and the ice box containing a few fishes she caught while the girls went out shopping leaving her there alone.

"Let's go home." Handyman Oppa said as soon as the girls got to the car.

**

"Oppa! Did you hear what I'm saying?" Yerin screams at the phone. 

"What?" Handyman Oppa asks, shocked by the loud scream.

"We are shooting our music video tomorrow. Come to the set and apologise to SinB. Make up with her." Yerin grunted before repeating to Handyman Oppa what she said earlier.

"We have the session with the media tomorrow." Said Handyman Oppa to which Yerin grunted as a response.

"Take the first flight out to Seoul after the press conference. No but. I'll wait for you tomorrow. Come or we both have to kiss SinB's heart good bye."

"Kiss? Okay then, I'll see tomorrow. I'll run back to Seoul if I can't catch a flight." Handyman Oppa said full of determination.

"Gosh oppa! Is that all you have in your mind? I don't care how but make sure you get yourself here. Okay, bye. See you tomorrow." Yerin scolded Handyman Oppa before ends the call without waiting for the older woman to respond.

Handyman Oppa just smiles and starts to search the internet for a plane ticket tomorrow.

**

Handyman Oppa stands in the middle of the hotel room while tying her tie. She lets out a sigh when she remembered the time when SinB tried to help her tying the tie a few months ago. Handyman Oppa smiles all by herself thinking about how flustered SinB was when she couldn't get it right after doing it for a few times. That was the first time SinB ever tied her tie for her. Then, the next time Handyman Oppa had to dress up formally, SinB finally manage to do it. Ever since that, almost all the time when Handyman Oppa wears a tie with her suit, SinB would do it for her since the girl has a lot of time in her hand as she was on a break while preparing for Gfriend's next comeback.

"Prof., you look nice and you are smiling brightly today. Why?" Asks one of the reporters who is always at the media sessions Handyman Oppa attended for her community programmes. 

"Someone special pick the outfit for me and I'm going back to see that person today. Plus, I'm happy that the program was successful." Handyman Oppa responded with a big smile on her face.

**