“I’m going to show you how I’ve been feeling, I won’t wait any longer”

Do you love me?

Handyman Oppa pushes the trolley towards the back of the supermarket to the meat section. SinB is already standing in line to order the meat.

“B, can I see my phone for a minute?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB as she swiftly interlaced their fingers and stands in line with the girl.

”Oppa, we are in public.” SinB whispers to Handyman Oppa as she lets go of the older woman’s hand. Handyman Oppa didn’t say anything and just slides her now free hand in her pocket.

“You don’t have it with you?” SinB asks the older woman.

“I thought it’s with you?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB back.

”Men. They are all the same. They never know where their stuffs are. They always put their things in our bag. Phone, wallet, keys and they never know where their stuffs are.” A middle-aged woman who is standing in front of SinB suddenly turns around and said to SinB while smiling at both SinB and Handyman Oppa.

They both smile back at the woman and nod their head politely. Handyman Oppa then pats her pants pockets, trying to find her phone. Then she goes through the shopping bags that she put in the trolley to find her phone and still she couldn’t finds it.

”When was the late time you used your phone?” SinB asks Handyman Oppa.

”Did I use my phone today? Hmm. When we had lunch, maybe?” Handyman Oppa answers while scratching her head trying to memorise back what she had done with her phone before.

SinB just looks at Handyman Oppa and shakes her head. She ped her bag and fished out Handyman Oppa’s phone and hands it to the older woman. 

”You just left the phone on the table at the restaurant earlier. I picked it up for you.” SinB said to Handyman Oppa.

”Thank you, B. I don't know what I would do without you.” Handyman Oppa takes the phone and thanked SinB.

”See. His phone, wallet and keys are in your bag. Men, they are all the same. But, he still goes shopping with you, he carries all the shopping bags, he is a good man. You two are a great, lovely couple.” The woman smiles at SinB and taps her shoulder lightly.

”Yoebo, did you see my glasses. I can't  read this, it's too small.” A middle-aged man approaches them and asks the woman while holding a box of ice cream.

”See? Men. They are all the same.” The middle-aged woman said to SinB as she takes out a casing for glasses and hands it to the man.

”And, they never grow up. They still eat like a middle-school child.” The woman said as she reads the fine prints on the box with the man.

”Is it on sale?” Handyman Oppa asks the middle-aged man, interested with the ice cream he is holding.

”Yes. Half-price. Worth buying.” The man said smiling from ear to ear when the woman, probably his wife nods her head and put the ice cream in the trolley.

”B, can we get the ice cream too?” Handyman Oppa asks excitedly to which SinB just nods her head to show her approval.

”What did I tell you? The same.” The middle-aged woman said as she nudges SinB.

While waiting for their turn, the middle-aged couple asks SinB and Handyman Oppa what are they buying and what are they cooking. The couple shares a few recipes and tips for grilling meat as well as the best way to eat beef wraps. When the person in front of the couple is nearly done with her order, the middle-aged woman smiles and taps on Handyman Oppa’s shoulder while saying, ”she is a great girl, love her and treat your girlfriend nicely. You two have a long happy life together.” 

”I will. Thank you.” Handyman Oppa smiles while she takes SinB hand and interlaced their fingers and bows to the couple.

”And remember this. They are always right, and you are always wrong. Take good care of her.” The middle-aged man said before he left them and follows her wife who is already ordering the meat they wanted to buy at the counter.

SinB pulls her hand softly, breaking from Handyman Oppa’s grasp just as the middle-aged couple are a few metres away from them. Both Handyman Oppa and SinB just stand in silence while waiting for their turn. Handyman Oppa places her order and waits for the worker to weigh the meats. As the worker hands Handyman Oppa the meat that is already being wrapped, she shoots the worker a questioning look as he handed an extra package of meat which she didn't order.

”Ah, the ahjumma asks me to wrap this up for you. She said this is for your girlfriend.” The worker said understanding the meaning of Handyman Oppa’s look.

Handyman Oppa just nods her head and smiles back at the worker while SinB still look surprised. They left the meat section and meet up with the girls at the fresh section, picking up some vegetables and salads to eat with the grilled meat. SinB immediately leaves Handyman Oppa’s side and join the other girls. Handyman Oppa let out a sigh mixed of frustration and relief.

At least Eunha is not clinging on her arm anymore, that is a relieved. It would curb SinB’s anger towards her. On the other hand, SinB is still angry as she still hasn't talk to her and immediately leaves her side upon seeing the other girls. It frustrated Handyman Oppa that she can't really tell SinB why Eunha is so close to her and the reason she didn't say no or avoid being pally with Eunha.

Handyman Oppa leaves the girls as she thinks of a way to make up with SinB. She grabs a box of chocolates, she finds a card that says ’sorry’ and get a cute plush toy with ’I’m sorry’ written on it. Handyman Oppa grabs all the cute things she lay her eyes on paid for the things as quick as she can before the girls find out. 

”What’s with you?” Yerin asks Handyman Oppa as she helps the woman unload the groceries at the back of the car.

”Oh come on, you too? Sowon already give me a piece of her mind. You know I wouldn't do such thing. Eunha said she is tired of being blamed for something she didn't do. So, she just...heck, let's do it.” Handyman Oppa told Yerin what Eunha said to her earlier.

”Well, I think it works. Sowon looks pretty determine just now.” Yerin said as she pats Handyman Oppa’s back.

”It could be the death of SinB and me though...Aishh.” Handyman Oppa sighs as she glance at SinB who is already sitting in the back seat she sat this morning.

****

Handyman Oppa knocks on the master bedroom and enters as no one is answering her.  Umji, Yerin and SinB are all sleeping on the bed. She goes to the wardrobe and takes out her swim pants and rashies.

”Where are you going?” SinB suddenly asks as Handyman Oppa was about to step in the en-suite bathroom.

”I’m going down for a swim, do you want to come?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB, secretly hoping the girl would say yes, which she does.

Handyman Oppa smiles from ear to ear when she and SinB walk together to the swimming pool. She feels like she is on cloud nine as this is the first time ever that they spend time together without the other girls. Handyman Oppa intend to dedicate this one hour she had at the pool to earn SinB’s forgiveness and win her heart at the same time.

”Go ahead and do what you usually do. I’m going to stay here first.” SinB said as she sits on the bench by the pool.

Handyman Oppa actually is a bit reluctant to do it because she already said to herself that she should use this precious one hour to appeal to SinB’s heart. However, she doesn't want to force SinB, so she just nods her head and leaves the bag with her clothes on the bench before gets into the pool. 

SinB’s eyes are locked on Handyman Oppa’s body. The older woman wears a full-length compression tights and a long-sleeve rashie which both accentuate her muscular legs and arms. SinB exclaims and smiles as she watches Handyman Oppa glides through the water effortlessly. This is her first time watching Handyman Oppa swimming and the older woman looks cool and charming.

Her heart is thumping a little faster than it normally does especially when Handyman Oppa with her serious face, swimming continuously with only a few breaks of not more than a minute. SinB couldn't stop smiling for the whole half an hour that she actually feels her cheeks are a bit sore. She was quite shocked when she watched the older woman gets out of the pool smoothly without a pause when she swims back from the other end of the pool as if she was flying.

”Are you still mad at me?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB as soon as she sits next to the girl who has not moved from the bench ever since they got there.

”Did you do anything that can make me stop feeling angry at you?” SinB asks back.

”I’m sorry, B. I...” Handyman Oppa apologises but is at lost of words what should she say because she can't let SinB know the truth about the reason she did what she did.

”I... I...just can't say no to people? I... I didn't do anything, just being pally with other people but I don't have any feelings for them?” SinB asks condescendingly.

”I’m sorry. I should have known better my girlfriend doesn't like it. Now that my girlfriend told me not to do it, then I will never do that again.” Handyman Oppa said it and smiles apologetically to SinB.

”Who is your girlfriend?” SinB asks scooting further away from Handyman Oppa who is now sitting next to her.

”You.” Handyman Oppa answers with a straight face, scooting to her left to sit closer to SinB.

”Who said that I'm your girlfriend?” SinB asks as she scoots to the left, creating a little space between her and Handyman Oppa.

”The ahjumma in the supermarket officiated that you are my girlfriend.” Handyman Oppa said scooting to her left following SinB and places her hand on SinB’s waist as the girl is already sitting at the end of the bench.

”I don't remember saying yes to be anybody's girlfriend,” SinB responded and tries to scoot further only to realise she's already sitting at the edge of the bench and Handyman Oppa is holding onto her waist to stop her from falling.

”You didn't say no when she said it.” Handyman Oppa said as she scoots to her left, sitting really close, almost squishing SinB.

”I never know a stranger could determine my relationship.” SinB said as she stands up, breaking away from Handyman Oppa gentle embrace and quickly jumps into the pool as she was flustered when the older the woman followed her.

SinB immediately regrets her decision for jumping into the pool to get away from Handyman Oppa. It's like running away from a shark by swimming further into the ocean. She feels a bit embarrassed by her poor decision and it clearly shows in her face as it turned hot and red.

Handyman Oppa happily jumps into the pool, grinning at SinB who lightly walks in the water getting further away from the pool’s wall. Handyman Oppa fastened her pace to catch up to SinB.

”So, are you my girlfriend or not?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB as soon as she caught up with the girl in the middle of the pool. Handyman Oppa gently wraps her arms around SinB’s waist but kept a distance between their body.

”Someone with a girlfriend wouldn't be locking arms with another girl. And I am certain if I'm dating someone, I would never let them touch another girl.” SinB said with a tad annoyed in her voice.

”Well then, B, would you be my girlfriend?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB in her low, deep and soothing voice, looking straight into SinB’s eyes.

”Did you just ask someone who is still mad at you to be your girlfriend?” SinB asks back to Handyman Oppa stuttering as she is a bit nervous right now.

Although they are not as close as they were when they sat on the bench just now, but SinB’s heart is already thumping, captured by Handyman Oppa’s loving eyes looking deep into her that she almost slipped a ’yes’ from . SinB’s mind is telling her to break away from Handyman Oppa’s embrace but her body doesn't want to move following her commands, so she just stands there with her waist firmly held by Handyman Oppa.

”So, you will be my girlfriend when you are not mad at me anymore?” Handyman Oppa asks with her eyes sparkle at the thought of getting a yes as an answer.

”Who knows?” SinB asks, with her voice still unstable like before.

”I have to make you stop being angry at me then. What can make you forgive me? Do you want me to buy you some chocolates? A new dress? Makeup? Toys? I’ll cook you dinner? We’ll eat at a good restaurant? I’ll take you out shopping? We’ll go to the amusement park? A new shoes...?” Handyman Oppa starts listing things she could think of that could possibly make someone feels better.

”I’m not materialistic,” SinB said as she slaps the older woman’s shoulder and turns her head sideways as she can't look at Handyman Oppa’s eyes anymore.

”Oh okay. Then... B, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I love you.” Handyman Oppa whispers to SinB’s ear, sending a tickling goosebumps down the girl’s neck.

”I’m not easy.” SinB said still looking to her side.

”I know,” Handyman Oppa said as she pulls SinB closer to her and tightening her embrace around the girl's waist.

Once again, SinB’s body doesn't follow her command. She wanted to break away from Handyman Oppa’s embrace but her feet stuck to the pool’s floor like it's being glued to it. Her head even turns around automatically facing Handyman Oppa. 

”I’ll just hold on to you like this until you forgive me and stop being mad at me.” Handyman Oppa said as she is pulling SinB closer to her.

The corner of SinB’s lips curled upward slightly as soon as she smell the scent of Handyman Oppa’s body that she loves so much. Their body is so close that she can smell the fresh, minty, breezy smells of Handyman Oppa’s body that she figured out came from the shower foam that the oppa uses.

Handyman Oppa hasn't takes her eyes off SinB’s eyes ever since the girl turns around to face her. Handyman Oppa keeps her hand firmly wrapped around SinB’s waist and walks slowly towards the deeper end of the pool, forcing SinB to follow her steps. She did all these without once breaking away from SinB’s eyes and her charming smiles never wears off. 

SinB could see that they are going towards the deeper end and she begins to worry. Handyman Oppa keeps walking with her back facing the side of the pool’s deeper end and never breaks away even for a second from her eyes. Unconsciously, SinB’s legs wrapped around Handyman Oppa’s waist as she feels the pool’s floor is slanting, indicating that it is getting deeper. Her arms move from the side of her body and landed on Handyman Oppa’s chest. Then she realises that her fingernails are clearly visible and they are all decorated with nail arts that Handyman Oppa was not keen on.

”Are you mad at me?” SinB asks Handyman Oppa as she looks at her fingernails.

”No. Why would I?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB softly, confused with the sudden absurd question.

”I did this even though you said you don't like it.” SinB shows her fingers at Handyman Oppa.

”I am not. And you can do what you want even if I say I don't like it. It doesn't matter, I will still support you.” Handyman Oppa said as she looks at SinB’s fingers and smiles.

”Would you still say the same to your girlfriend?” SinB asks, looking down to Handyman Oppa’s chest as she moves her finger making a circular motion repeatedly on the woman’s chest.

”I am. I’m telling my girlfriend. You can do what you like, you can be yourself when you are with me.” Handyman Oppa said softly with a serious face and ends it with a smile.

SinB doesn't say anything responding to Handyman Oppa. She just keeps moving her finger on Handyman Oppa’s chest. She unconsciously tightening her legs that are wrapping around Handyman Oppa’s waist when the woman runs her fingers down her spine and rested one hand just above her buttocks and the other one on her mid-back.

SinB could feel her body's becoming hotter and having a hard time breathing. There are like thousands of butterflies flying around in her stomach and trying to escape through . SinB’s body feels like it was getting an electric shock everytime Handyman Oppa her back. And every time, she tightened her legs wrapped around Handyman Oppa causing their body getting closer to one another. Their body is close to each other that SinB could feel the warmth of Handyman Oppa’s body and she could smell her perfumes that the oppa usually sprays on her neck just below her ears. 

Handyman Oppa tucks a few strands of hair behind SinB’s ear and caresses SinB’s face, making SinB turns her head facing hers. Their eyes locked in into each other. Handyman Oppa looks at SinB with her full of love gaze that penetrates SinB’s heart. SinB feels safe, loved, and happy, all at the same time. For SinB, Handyman Oppa not only stares into her eyes but it went through her heart as well. As Handyman Oppa smiles at her, SinB smiles back lovingly.

Handyman Oppa’s eyes are now travelling around SinB’s face. From SinB’s eyes, down to her nose, then Handyman Oppa stops at SinB’s long neck. Even on a normal day where they were not in this close proximity, the sight of SinB’s long neck is driving Handyman Oppa crazy. Now, it is so close that Handyman Oppa could see the pores on her neck that it drives her crazy. She wanted so bad to brush her lips softly along the girl’s neck that she stares from under SinB’s ears down her neck, to the girl’s lips. 

Her eyes are locked at SinB’s lips. Similarly, SinB’s eyes are also staring Handyman Oppa’s lips. SinB’s chest goes up and down as her breathing starts getting faster.  Handyman Oppa looks up and faces SinB who is still staring at the older woman's lips.

Handyman Oppa smiles at SinB and holds SinB tightly that their body rubs against each other. Another electric shocks shoot down her spine and the butterflies in her stomach are getting crazier that she feels like ripping her stomach open. The oppa’s eyes travels back and forth from SinB’s eyes and lips before stops and she stares into SinB’s eyes deeply. SinB looks down as she can feel her face is burning up and she can't stand the oppa’s stares anymore. 

Gently, Handyman Oppa lifts her face up with her thumb and index finger so they are looking into each other's eyes. Handyman Oppa softly caressing SinB’s cheeks. SinB still avoids Handyman Oppa’s eyes, looks away aimlessly. Handyman Oppa’s brushes her thumb softly against SinB’s lips causing the girl to look at her while her other hand firmly holding SinB’s waist. 

”May I?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB in the softest, loving voice she ever heard from the oppa.

”Em,” muttered SinB shyly while nodding her head a bit.

Handyman Oppa smiles and leans closer to SinB’s face. The woman caresses SinB’s cheek as she slowly and gently lifts SinB’s face again until the tip of their nose touches.

****

Yerin asks Umji where is SinB as soon as she waked up because the girl is not in bed with her. Umji just shrugs her shoulder as she also doesn't know SinB’s whereabouts. Yerin looks for the girl in the living room and all she finds is a handwritten note left by Handyman Oppa on the coffee table - ’out for a swim with SinB, be back in an hour’.

”When did they go?” Yerin asks herself as she glances at the clock displayed on Handyman Oppa’s satellite TV decoder.

Yerin then goes back to the room and tell Umji she is going out to the pool where Handyman Oppa and SinB at. Umji just nods her head and follows her to the living room before plopping down on the couch. Yerin doesn't feel right, she feels nervous as she waits for the lift. She feels like something is going to happen and various things cross her mind making her feel more nervous. Yerin doesn't know where the apartment’s swimming pool is located and hopes that there is some sign placed at the lift’s button.

Luckily, Handyman Oppa’s apartment building is well-maintained and the sign showing the swimming pool’s location is clearly visible. Yerin push the button and waits patiently for the lift to go down to the floor where the pool and the gym are located. She prays silently that no one is getting on the lifts because she doesn't want to run into people as it might slow her down. Yerin gets out of the lift when the door is still opening. She wanted to run but choose not to because she has to pass the gym on her way to the pool.

Yerin’s heart is thumping harder as soon as she saw a sign saying the pool is reserved at the entrance. 

”Who would reserve a pool? Did oppa already plan this ahead? No, no, no! It can't be.” Yerin fastened her pace as the thought of what Handyman Oppa would do with SinB flooded her mind.

Just after the hallway leading from the corridor to the pool, there is a sign for the sauna location and Yerin’s heart dropped when the thought of Handyman Oppa and SinB are in the sauna alone cross her mind. Her creative mind immediately imagines the two half-, sweating, sitting in the steaming room which then leads to the two getting closer and closer. Yerin closes her eyes and screams ’no’ and runs towards the sauna to check if Handyman Oppa and SinB are there. Yerin let out a long sigh when she saw no one is in the sauna. 

However, her mind is quick to think of another possibility involving Handyman Oppa and SinB in the pool. She knew the oppa is a romantic person and it is not impossible for the older woman to set the pool like in the movie. Rose petals are scattered on the floor creating a pathway to the pool that is already filled with candles. Probably the candles are arranged in a heart shape and spelled out ’I love you’. There is a table set for a dinner for two with soft, lovely music playing in the background.

Yerin’s heart beats even faster because she knew for Handyman Oppa, these are a piece of cake. She can easily plan and execute this perfectly. Yerin runs towards the pool, but she became a bit relax when there is no music and no rose petals on the floor leading towards the pool. But, her heart could not relax for long, as soon as she spots the two in the pool, her heart dropped.

Her worst fear came through as Yerin saw Handyman Oppa is holding SinB close to her and it is almost the two of them have become one. Handyman Oppa is tilting her head a bit to the left and Yerin’s knee immediately gave up on her that she almost fell on the floor. Yerin could only think one thing the two is about to do, that is kissing and she has to do anything in her power to stop it.

”SinB-yah, oppa!!!” Yerin screams at the two people in the pool as she runs towards the other end of the pool.

SinB immediately loosens her legs’ grasp that is wrapped around Handyman Oppa’s waist and moves backwards, creating a space between their bodies. SinB’s legs leave Handyman Oppa’s body as Yerin is approaching them. Handyman Oppa’s arms are still wrapped around her waist and the only support she has right now as she has kept both her arms by her side and legs straight towards the pool’s floor.

”Oppa, we are hungry. Let's start the barbecue.” Yerin screams again but this time not as loud as before because she is relieved that SinB is now has distanced herself a bit from the oppa and she is only a few metres from them. Neither Handyman Oppa nor SinB responded to her.

Yerin manages to grab the towel that is on the bench by the pool earlier before she runs towards the pool. She stands by the pool and opens her arms with her hands holding each side of the towel as she asks SinB to get out of the pool.

Handyman Oppa lifts SinB up and seated the girl by the pool. Yerin could not believe her eyes when she saw how cool Handyman Oppa’s look when she lifted SinB up smoothly just now. Yerin immediately covers SinB with the towel and hugs her tightly.

”Oppa, are you coming?” Yerin asks Handyman Oppa who is still in the pool just staring at her and SinB.

”I’ll get out from the other end.” Handyman Oppa said with a sad voice. 

Yerin stands up and pulls SinB to stand. She said okay to the oppa as she puts her arms around SinB’s shoulder and starts walking towards the bench where they leave their clothes.

SinB follows Yerin and starts walking after she exchange looks with Handyman Oppa. She could see that the older woman is devastated with what just happened. SinB doesn’t know what to say or do, she just shoots an apologetic look at Handyman Oppa before the woman dive in the pool for a few seconds and slowly swims to the shallow end of the pool.

”There goes my pool romance scene I have planned in my head.” Handyman Oppa grunted as she swims as slow as she can towards the pool’s shallow end.

****

”Oppa, you are dripping water all over the place!” Sowon yelled at Handyman Oppa as soon as she passed her on the way to the bathroom.

Umji, Eunha and Yuju look at Sowon with their eyes wide open, shocked with what just happened. Sowon just scolded Handyman Oppa, who is happen to be the owner of the house they are currently in. Furthermore, the oppa is also way much older than Sowon. One might say Sowon is being disrespectful towards Handyman Oppa as she could say it nicely and politely instead of scolding the older woman.

”Unnie...did you just...” Yuju asks Sowon with a worried face.

”Well, I mean... someone could slip and fall,” Sowon looks terrified as she just realised what she did.

”Sorry. I’m getting a towel to wipe the floor. Sowon, can you keep the girls away from them for a minute please?” Handyman Oppa said to Sowon while walking into the bathroom to get change before getting the towel.

After a few minutes, Handyman Oppa appears with a towel underneath her feet, wiping the floor with it. She drags the towel with her feet along the hallway from the bathroom to the front door. Handyman Oppa carefully checks the floor for any remaining water and wipes them off before she goes to the laundry room and hang the towel to dry. 

“I’ll start the fire for the charcoal first and I’m going to take a shower while it burns.” Handyman Oppa takes out a bag of charcoal from one of the cabinet in the kitchen and goes to the balcony where she kept her barbecue grills.

Handyman Oppa get the fire started, pour over the charcoals and spread it out to get the charcoals burned. She wanted to take a shower but SinB is still in the bathroom so she decided to wash the sweet potatoes and put them on the grill so they can cook while she is in the shower. 

“Do you girls want to marinate the meat or should I?” Handyman Oppa asks and then laugh immediately realising how stupid the question was when the girls exchange looks with each other.

”Why do you laugh? Do you think we don't know how to do it?” Sowon asks back annoyed with Handyman Oppa.

”Well, do you?” Handyman Oppa asks as she is taking out the meat from the fridge.

”No, we can find a recipe,” Sowon said sulkily.

Handyman Oppa just laughs and handed the meat to Sowon. Sowon although was dumbfounded by Handyman Oppa’s action still takes the meat hold on to it for a while without moving or saying anything.

”Help me and you can learn how to.” Handyman Oppa said to the frozen Sowon as she takes out a few things from the fridge and cabinet to make the marinade.

Sowon helps Handyman Oppa and learn earnestly how to marinate the meat. Handyman Oppa mostly just give Sowon instructions of what ingredients and the amounts to be added. Sowon did all the work but she still likes it because she learned something new and most importantly Eunha was there helping her as well.

”Oppa, we are going to cook, you don't mind we use the kitchen, do you? And, we are going to do live broadcast later, so please put some pants on,” Sowon said to Handyman Oppa when the woman is leaving the kitchen.

”Okay,” Handyman Oppa said as she walks straight to her room.

Handyman Oppa is welcomed by a sweet scene involving Yerin and SinB. Yerin is drying SinB’s hair with a towel on the bed while chatting and laughing together. Handyman Oppa didn't say anything or look at the two girls, she goes straight to the bathroom and takes a shower.

****

Yerin waited patiently for SinB to finish shower ten minutes ago. Once the girl came out of the en-suite bathroom, she waves her hand at the girl and patted the space in front of her legs telling the girl to sit on the bed with her. SinB smiles at her, nodding her head but walks towards the walk-in wardrobe.

Without saying anything, Yerin just followed the girl’s movement with her eyes. SinB goes through the pile of Handyman Oppa’s t-shirts and pants before pulling a black short sleeve t-shirt and a cotton joggers then puts them on which irks Yerin a little. Yerin managed to keep her cool and smiles at SinB as the girl then climbs up the bed and sits in front of her with her back against Yerin’s face. After taking a deep breath, Yerin places the small towel she has in her hand on SinB’s head and begin rubbing it against SinB’s hair to dry them.

”Did you swim a lot?” Yerin asks softly as she diligently drying SinB’s hair.

”Huh?” muttered SinB confusedly.

”Just now, with oppa. Did you swim a lot? Your body is going to get sore tomorrow if you swim a lot because you hasn’t been swimming in a while.” Yerin responded.

”Aahh. No, I didn’t. Thank you for worrying about me.” SinB said as she squeezes Yerin’s arm softly.

****

”This is the person who can cook, oppa, please wave,” Umji said to her phone before she stands next to Handyman Oppa and waves to the camera.

Handyman Oppa just smiles and raises her hand, her signature wave for a quick second and then goes back to flipping the beef and mushrooms on the grill. After about fifteen minutes, Handyman Oppa brings a plate full with grilled beef, mushrooms and sweet potatoes to the dining table. Other than the foods Handyman Oppa grilled, the girls also cook other things including fried rice, ramen, kimchi jiggae, steam rice, and green onion pancakes. The girls still doing their live broadcast when they started eating but ended the show ten minutes after that.

”Let’s play a game,” Yerin said as she gets a bottle from the kitchen brings it to the other girls that are already sitting in the living room.

”Do you want to play flipped the bottle?” Yuju asks as soon as she saw the bottle Yerin is holding in her hand.

”Let’s play another game. Seven minutes in heaven.” Yerin suggested while grinning happily.

”What?” Sowon asks.

”Unnie, we have to sit in a circle and then spin the bottle. Then, whoever the bottle is pointing at, we have to go to a room and spend seven minutes with them.” Umji explains the game and Yerin nods her head excitedly agreeing with Umji.

”Do what?” Sowon asks again.

”Unnie, you can do whatever you want. Talking, hugging, kissing, fighting. Whatever you want, it's just the two of you in the room, no one can tell you or know what you do,” explained Yerin.

”So, if I spin the bottle and it pointed at SinB, I can kiss her, can I?” Handyman Oppa suddenly asks as Sowon is still processing how the game works.

”No! You cannot!” Both Yerin and Umji scream on top of their lungs, responding to Handyman Oppa’s question.

”Why?” Handyman Oppa asks with a straight face.

”She is still under age.” Yerin blurted a reason that she could think of that sounds logical.

Handyman Oppa nods her head a few times upon hearing Yerin’s answer. Then Handyman Oppa asks another unexpected question, “so it’s the same for Umji then. Okay. So, if it points at you, I can kiss you, right Yerin?” 

“No!” Another loud screams answering Handyman Oppa’s question by SinB and Yuju.

”Uh? Hmm. Well, I’ll aim for Eunha then.” Handyman Oppa said as she smiles brightly at Eunha.

”No!” Once again, Handyman Oppa receives the same response and this time it is none other than Sowon and unexpectedly, Yerin and SinB.

Handyman Oppa let out a small sigh then turn to face Sowon. She smirks at the oldest girl of the Gfriend’s members and lifts her eyebrows while saying, “looks like it’s you and me, let’s hope the luck is on our side tonight.”

”I don’t think you should do that oppa. You know what, let’s exclude kissing from the game. It will be easier. And for Umji and SinB, if somehow the bottle ended up pointing at them, you can be alone with them in a place where we can see you clearly, like the balcony or the kitchen.” Yerin suggests and look at the other girl asking for their opinion to which they nod their head in agreement with Yerin.

This is not Handyman Oppa’s first time playing “7 minutes in heaven”, but it certainly the first time she ever played it like this. The name of the game would be more befitting if it was changed to “7 minutes counselling session with Handyman Oppa”.

Started with Yuju, the girl spun the bottle and it stopped, pointing at Handyman Oppa. They went to the balcony following Yuju’s request. Yuju asked her opinion if she should tell someone the person she likes her feelings to which she said: ”go for it!”. Handyman Oppa didn't ask Yuju who is the person but she did remind her that she should prepare herself for the consequences of getting rejected and asked her to keep her feelings to herself if that person is already in a relationship.

”Is it better for me to confess my feeling or keep it to myself?” asked Yuju, looking directly into Handyman Oppa’s eyes.

”If you love someone, you will do everything you can in your power to fight for them. And this sometimes includes keeping your feelings to yourself and let them be happy with someone they love and love them. It's hard though, but you will know it's right because you want the one you love to be happy no matter what.” 

The answer from Handyman Oppa caused both Yuju and herself to let out a long, deep sigh as they think about their own situation. Then, Handyman Oppa’s next client was Umji who was also having the same dilemma.

”Oppa, I think I like someone. But, the problem is I think there is someone else who likes the same person. I am not sure if this person that I like, likes the other person or even likes me at all.” 

”Go for it!” Handyman Oppa responded in the same way she did with Yuju earlier. As if she was a recorder, Handyman Oppa told Umji the same thing she said to Yuju about fighting for the one they love. 

Sowon was the next person to spin the bottle and once again it pointed at Handyman Oppa. Handyman Oppa has to stand on the balcony in the middle of a freezing night for the third time. Sowon who usually didn't say anything to Handyman Oppa, however was acting on the contrary. She immediately call out the oppa’s name as soon as Handyman Oppa closed the sliding door behind her.

”Do you mean what you said the other day? Would you really help me get back together with Eunha?” Sowon asked in her serious voice.

”Yerin said that. Not me. Why? Do you want to get back together with her?” Handyman Oppa asks nonchalantly.

”I do,” Sowon said with a determined face.

”Why?” Handyman Oppa asks again.

”What do you mean why? Because I love her. I can't live without her.”

”Is that really the reason? It is not because Eunha is getting closer to me?” Handyman Oppa asks arrogantly, purposely trying to irritate Sowon.

Sowon didn't say anything and just stares at the floor. She lets out a long sigh before asks the older woman if she would help her.

”Help you with what? Do you understand what is happening? Why do you want to get back together with her? Are you now a changed person? Realising life without her by your side is not enough to get her back. And I’ll be damned if I'm going to let that happen.”

Sowon was taken aback with Handyman Oppa’s response. Not that this is the first time the older woman's said something straightforwardly to her, but her blatant disapproval was shocking for Sowon.

”You and Eunha, you guys already...” Sowon looks at Handyman Oppa in disbelief and then continues staring at the floor.

”Tsk. You still haven't changed. Same old Sowon.” Handyman Oppa smirks at Sowon and lets out a mockery laughs.

”What do you mean?” Sowon asks, unsatisfied with what the older woman said to her.

”You still haven't changed. Not that anyone could stay not being jealous of someone they love, but you are actually on another level. I thought you were determined to get back together with Eunha, but it seems like you still can't see her love is only for you. So, I guess you just doesn't want her to be with someone else, and that is all.” Handyman Oppa let out a sigh and turns around to go back into the house, but Sowon grabs her wrist, halting her from doing so.

”I love Eunha. I can’t live without Eunha. Life without her is meaningless. I want her back because I love her. Eunha and I, we love each other, we are meant to be together,” said Sowon determinedly, straight to Handyman Oppa’s face.

”Ahh. That’s more like it. I meant what I said earlier. If you are still the same old Sowon, heaven helps me if I ever let you and Eunha get back together. I am not against you and Eunha. But, I won't let you hurt her again with your jealousy and insecurity. Try and learn to trust yourself and trust her. See her first, she should be your main concern and not other people around her. Other people can like her or love her but it doesn't matter if she only loves you. Repeat that in your head and let it sinks first before you try getting her back. Win over yourself first, then you can try and win her back. Then, I will do anything I can do to help you.” Handyman Oppa smiles proudly as she pats Sowon’s back couple of times.

The last person who got their seven minutes session with Handyman Oppa was Eunha before Yerin decide to stop the game when it was Handyman Oppa’s turn to spin the bottle. Eunha immediately asked Handyman Oppa what she and Sowon talked about earlier. Handyman Oppa briefly told Eunha that Sowon wants to get back together with her and that she knocked some senses into the girl’s head without specifying what she actually said to Sowon.

”She wants to get back with me? She told you that?” asked Eunha in disbelief.

”Ne. She said she loves you. Do you want her back?” Handyman Oppa asked and looked at Eunha indifferently.

”I told you before, I do. I love her. What do you think I should do?” Eunha asked as she stares at the night sky.

”I don’t know. One thing I’m certain is, I won’t let her hurt you again.” Handyman Oppa said with a serious voice and face which Eunha has never seen before.

Eunha let out a sigh as she can see from her face that older woman is serious. Softly she said, “I know, but please don’t hurt her. I beg you...”

”I won’t. I just hope she changed.”

****

”Yo!” Handyman Oppa greets the person on the line as soon as she answers her ringing handphone on speaker.

”What are you doing at home on a Saturday night, loser?” 

Handyman Oppa gritted her teeth upon hearing the two men on the phone laughing at her. Apparently Sang-Min is with Jae-Hwa and immediately Handyman Oppa figured the two are probably calling her to go fishing with them. Although the three of them sometimes go out for dinner and hang out, they mostly go out and hang out while fishing. 

”Watching TV. Speak to yourself. You two losers are going fishing on a Saturday night. She threw you out again eh, Sang-Min?” Handyman Oppa asks and laughs.

”Tsk. Well, at least I have a girlfriend. Let's go, go and get changed. We'll pick you up in half an hour. My friend just told me about this new place.” 

”I can't. I have company.” Handyman Oppa sighs and declines the offer.

”Oppa, can we talk?” SinB suddenly appears and calls out for Handyman Oppa who is sitting on the floor leaning against the couch.

”Uhh, a girl. No wonder you don't want to come. Nice catch! We’ll let you off the hook this time.” Sang-Min said, laughing together with Jae-Hwa.

”Yah! Don't say that in front of her. Can you guys catch some fish for me and drop them at my house tomorrow morning, it would be nice for the girls to have some freshly caught fish.” Handyman Oppa requests as she waves her hand at SinB telling her to sit on the couch behind her.

”Girls? Ouwh!! You wild man! Having a wild party I see.” 

”Oppa, can we talk?” SinB said as soon as she sits on the couch.

”Okay guys, got to go. Try and catch some for me. I appreciate it. Thanks. Bye.” Handyman Oppa said and turns around facing SinB.

”Okay. Bye,” said the two men at the same time.

Handyman Oppa gets up from the floor and sits next to SinB. She smiles although SinB’s face looks worried suggesting that there is something bothering her. 

”Yes, what do you want to talk about? Are you okay?” Handyman Oppa asks the worried SinB.

”Can we talk alone?” SinB asks which causes Handyman Oppa to stare at her blankly.

”They just muted their mic, they didn't hang up the phone.” SinB said as she pointed to the phone on the table in front of them with her pouting mouth.

”Yah! You guys better catch at least five fish and drop them here next morning! And welcome to a week of living hell!” Handyman Oppa yells at the phone causing the two men immediately hang up the phone.

SinB shoots a questioning look at Handyman Oppa. She can't believe the older woman just ordered her friends and threatened them too.

”Don’t worry. They already know I have a hectic schedule next week. What do you want to talk about?” Handyman Oppa explains as she could see the girl was a bit shocked.

”Can we talk, talk? Can I talk to you like friends do? You being my friend and not you as you this evening?” SinB asks.

”Yes, sure. I am always your friend. What's the matter? You look troubled,” Handyman Oppa asks as she leans back on the couch, relaxing her body so SinB would be comfortable to speak her mind.

”Umm... well I have a friend. There are two people who like her...and...she thinks she likes them too?” said SinB carefully, with long pauses in between her words.

Handyman Oppa listens attentively to SinB and nods her head a few times indicating to the girl that she is listening. Since SinB had paused a lot, Handyman Oppa waits for the girl to continue when she stopped talking, strangely with a slightly questioning tone. 

”So?” SinB asks.

”What?” Handyman Oppa questions SinB and blinks her eyes as she tries to recall if the girl asked her anything.

”Have you been listening to me or not?” SinB asks, slightly angry to which Handyman Oppa nods her head confidently.

”So, what do you think about my friend?” SinB asks again.

”Umm... there are two people who like your friend. How did she know that?” Handyman Oppa just throws a random question as she is still figuring out what exactly SinB is trying to ask her.

”They confessed to her.” SinB answers hesitantly while avoiding Handyman Oppa’s eyes.

”Ohh...So she didn't just assume they like her. Sometimes people can be attentive and kind to other people and got misunderstood that they like them.” 

”Like how I misunderstood you with Eunha? Are you referring to me?!” SinB suddenly gets irritated with Handyman Oppa’s explanation asks angrily.

”What? No, I mean, that's just...something general. A lot of people do that. Are we talking about you? Not your friend?” Handyman Oppa asks as she scratches her head.

”No, no. Not about me. This is my friend from my...previous training agency...”SinB was flustered with Handyman Oppa question answers hesitantly.

”Ahh. Okay. So, what is the problem? Are they harassing your friend?” Handyman Oppa asks concernedly.

SinB just shakes her head as a response without saying anything. She is fiddling with the end of her t-shirt trying to think what she should say.

”Well, I think I like both of them.” SinB finally said.

”You like both of them?” Handyman Oppa asks.

”No, not me. I mean she! She likes both of them. I think I like both of them too, I mean...from what she told me, they are both nice. So...” SinB quickly corrected what she said earlier and Handyman Oppa just nods her head as a response.

”So, what do you think? Is it possible for a person to love two people at the same time?” SinB asks finally lifting her head to look at the older woman.

”Yes. You can love two persons at a time.” 

”Love? What? What do you mean?” SinB asks flustered with the word ’love’ the woman said so casually.

”You asked is it possible for a person to love two people at the same time.” Handyman Oppa repeats what SinB asked her earlier.

”I mean like, like two persons at a time.” SinB exclaims.

”Ah, well the same. You can like and love more than one person at a time.” Handyman Oppa answers casually. ”I mean not you-you, people in general,” Handyman Oppa quickly make it clear that her statement is a general one so SinB wouldn't get frustrated again for the nth time.

”Emm.” SinB muttered faintly.

”It is possible for us to like two people at a time, love them at the same time and be with them both at the same time. But, it's quite difficult, it's going to cost you a lot of energy and money as you have to do everything with them both. It's tiring but it's worth it all because you love them. You would do everything you can for the one you love.” Handyman Oppa said as she stares aimlessly at the TV in front of them.

”Why do you sound like you have done it before? Really? You have?” SinB asks as she was surprised at how honest Handyman Oppa sounded when she said about loving and being in a relationship with two people at a time.

”I think, I think that's what people do when they are in that situation. Not that I have been in one, though.” Handyman Oppa said in a feigned nonchalant tone.

”What should I do? She. I mean she.” SinB asks and shoot a look of a genuinely seeking an answer from Handyman Oppa.

”Maybe you should ask her if she is certain with her feelings. Maybe she needs some time to think about the two people. Is it the feeling of love or just like them because they are nice and kind to her. Probably she really does love both of them...”

SinB cuts Handyman Oppa mid-sentence and said, ”she does. What should she do?” 

”Turn one of them down? Or turn both of them down?” Handyman Oppa said unsurely.

”How can she turns one of them or both of them down?! It's going to hurt them.” 

”It’s going to hurt her too,” now it's Handyman Oppa’s turn to cut SinB off mid-sentence.

SinB and Handyman Oppa both went into silence mode. They both seem like they are thinking hard about what they just said. Handyman Oppa slowly rested her hand on SinB’s shoulder and patted it a few times before pulling SinB’s body closer to her. SinB didn't resist and rested her head on Handyman Oppa’s shoulder.

”Some people say of the two you love, there must be one you love more. I guess that's one way of choosing which one?” said Handyman Oppa faintly.

”But, what if the one she lets go loves her more than the one she choose?” SinB asks.

”What’s important is you choose the person you love more and that person loves you as much as you do.” Handyman Oppa said as she SinB’s shoulder assuringly.

”Some people choose to let go the person they think could stand the pain and survive living with a broken heart.” Handyman Oppa continues before stopping as she was choking up.

”A lot of people have a lot to say about this I guess. And surprisingly you happened to know these people,” SinB looks at Handyman Oppa and asks her to which the older woman just smiles bitterly and shrugs her shoulder.

SinB stayed with Handyman Oppa for about fifteen minutes after that before she retired to the bedroom. Ever since that, Handyman Oppa has been lying down on the couch, tossing around trying to get some sleep. 

”So Yerin confessed too. Hmm...did she already chose one of us already?” Handyman Oppa said to herself as she keeps thinking about what SinB said earlier.

Eventually, she gives up on sleeping, got up and switch on the TV and her Playstation. She sits on the floor and starts playing her favourite game, the racing game, hoping she would be able to let her mind rest from thinking about SinB’s decision.

****

”Hey, did you go to the toilet? Do you have stomach ache?” Yerin asks with her eyes half-opened as soon as SinB lies down on the bed next to her.

”Emm,” SinB muttered.

”Wake me up if you have to go to toilet after this. I’ll get you some medicine from oppa. Let's sleep. I love you, SinB.” Yerin said as she kisses the back of SinB’s head and wraps her arm around the girl’s waist.

”Me too.” SinB said as she rested her arm on Yerin’s and interlaced their fingers.

****

Sowon holds Eunha’s hand and pulls her softly as she walks. Eunha follows Sowon without saying anything. Sowon stopped walking and she turns around to face Eunha. She extends her other hand and takes Eunha’s free hand and holds it up. Sowon spread out her leg apart so she could look into Eunha’s eyes without having to look down or for Eunha to look up. Although it was quite dark as the lights are only coming from a few street lights and the passing cars’ headlight, they can both see each other’s face clearly.

”Eunha, I love you. From the moment I saw you in the basement practice room, my heart has already belong to you. You has occupied this heart ever since. When you smiled at me that day, I knew that is the smile that I want to live my life for. I love you with all my heart and living a life without you and your love is meaningless for me. I know I was wrong and selfish for deciding to let you go. I said I don’t want to hurt you, that’s why I let you go but it hurts you the most, I am sorry. I promise you that I will love you with all my heart, I will care and protect you with all my might, I will not hurt you anymore. I love you, will you have me back?” Sowon said as she holds Eunha’s hand and looks into her eyes.

As if commemorating Sowon’s confession, apology and proposal, a fireworks display flickering in the sky behind them. Sowon’s eyes are still locked on Eunha’s and she patiently waits for the girl to respond. Eunha slowly nods her head and smiles indicating a ’yes’ to her question. Sowon smiles happily and her eyes started to get teary, so she pulls Eunha into an embrace. They hug each other tightly. After a while, Sowon pulls away and she leans her head closer to Eunha’s to kiss her. Just as their nose touches and Sowon is tilting her head to the left so their lips could meet, Eunha pulls away and say, ”I love you too, but...”

Eunha didn't get to finish her sentence when suddenly a sound of tyres skit off a road and a car crashing behind them shocking both Eunha and Sowon.

”Really?” Sowon asks annoyingly as she turns around and look at the figure sitting on the floor in the dark.

”Sorry? I’ll stop. Carry on.” Handyman Oppa smiles apologetically and flails her hand to Sowon and Eunha asking them to continue their conversation.

Eunha cupped Sowon’s face and turns the girl's head to face her. She looks deep into Sowon’s eyes and exhales deeply. Eunha runs her fingers on Sowon’s forehead, down to her temples before stopping at Sowon’s eyebrows. She softly caresses them.

”This. You said I am the only one in your heart. But, this eyes, why can't I be the only one you see? This beautiful mind of yours, why can't you think of me more than you think about other people. If I am only in your heart and not in your eyes and mind, then it is not going to work,” said Eunha looking at Sowon softly.

’Rat-a-tat! Rat-a-tat! Rat-a-tat!’

The constant rat-a-tat sound of a machine gun firing in the background as Eunha was saying her last sentence depicted Sowon’s actual feeling right now. Sowon thought Eunha has accepted her proposal, but what she just said is so accurate that it feels like her heart just got shot by her words. This makes Sowon irritates even more that she couldn't stop her head from turning around and glares at Handyman Oppa.

”Are you kidding me?” Sowon asks as she glares at the woman sitting on the floor stil holding the Playstation controller in her hand while the game has been paused.

”What? How would I know she's going to say that? Sorry. Don't mind me, I’ll quit the game.” Handyman Oppa once again apologises with a guilty smile on her face and waves her hand at them telling them to continue their conversation.

Sowon turns back around facing Eunha who is still looking at her with a smile on her face. Eunha holds Sowon’s hand with her left hand and moves her right’s index finger on Sowon’s chest.

”I love you Sowon. You, you are enough for me. You and your love for me are enough for me. Believe me, I L.O.V.E you. I know you love me and I love you as much as you love me. This, in this heart of yours, there is me and my love. I know and I believe in your love. I know and I believe that you will protect me from harm and care for me. But, if you don't believe in yourself like I do believe in you, if you still unsure of how much I love you, and only you. I don't think you can love and care for me fully like I would love you too. This, fix it. Fix it so we can be happy together.” Eunha said as she Sowon’s cheek softly.

”Goaaaallll!!!” Like a background music of a movie, a loud scream follows by the crowd cheering and clapping plays concurrently as soon as Eunha finishes her sentence.

Handyman Oppa finally bursts into laughter as she couldn't hold it in any longer. Sowon for the third time turns around and shoots a death glare at Handyman Oppa who is laughing.

”I’m sorry. I don't know why but it seems like the sound effects’ timing fit perfectly with the situations. This is it. I’m done. Look, I’m shutting down the game and TV.” Handyman Oppa said as she gets up and turns off the console and the TV.

Eunha just shakes her head and smiles as she agrees with what Handyman Oppa said. She takes Sowon’s hand and pulls her to stand as she has been half-sitting on the edge of the couch’s armrest.

”Let’s go to bed,” Eunha said to Sowon and starts walking as she pulls the taller girl’s hand.

Although Sowon wanted to stay back with Handyman Oppa, she didn't object and reluctantly follows Eunha. She wanted to stay and give Handyman Oppa a piece of her mind for all the unnecessary background sound effects that the older woman has contributed when she and Eunha talk just now.

”And you, go to sleep. Stop watching TV, it's late.” Eunha stopped walking and turned around telling the woman who is switching the TV back on.

”Aye, aye, sir!” Handyman Oppa said as she stands up and salutes at Eunha before switching off the TV.

”Why are you so casual with her?” Sowon asks, dissatisfied with Eunha’s casual and pally demeanour towards Handyman Oppa.

”That, fix it, Sowon.” Handyman Oppa said to Sowon and chuckles as she lays down on the couch.

Eunha nods her head at Sowon in agreement with Handyman Oppa’s statement. Then she continues walking towards the second bedroom dragging Sowon with her. Sowon grunted and pouted her lips protesting Eunha but just follows the girl into the room.

Sowon just lies there in the dark, blinking her eyes in disbelief. She is unsure of what is Eunha and her status right now. Eunha did indicate a ’yes’ when she proposed, but then she said about how it won't work when Sowon only has Eunha in her heart but not her eyes and mind. As Sowon contemplates in the dark, Eunha who is sleeping beside her but facing away from her turns around looking at her.

Eunha kisses her forehead and whispers in her ears, ”try and fix it, please don't let me down my love.” Then Eunha turns back facing the other way as she originally was, only this time she takes Sowon’s hand and wraps it around her body. Sowon and Eunha both smiles and close their eyes, sleeping with a contented heart for the first time in a few weeks. Sowon kisses Eunha’s back of the head and tightens her grasp of Eunha’s hand as she set in her heart and mind that she will try her very best to become a changed person for both herself and the one she loves, her girlfriend, Eunha.