And the answer is ...

Do you love me?

Yerin gets up early in the morning and heads to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.She rarely gets up this early to do this but, she wanted to cook something delicious and somewhat healthy for SinB as their schedule is packed with events, every day for almost two weeks. So, she thought she might not get the chance to do this after today.

With a happy hum, Yerin takes out some eggs, ham, sausages, and strawberries from the fridge. She gets the bread from the kitchen counter. English breakfast is her only option as it is quick and easy to fix in the morning rather than having a standard Korean meal. Plus, she needs to differentiate herself from Handyman Oppa. Making Korean meals are oppa’s forte, and Yerin knew it is quite impossible for her to master the skills in a short period, so she decided making western-influenced meals will be hers.

She became more resolute about this idea when she and the girls had dinner at Handyman Oppa’s grandparents’ house. It is evident that the whole family have a knack for cooking and seeing Handyman Oppa is Japanese, she couldn’t be more elated that she decided to do this.

Yerin has been staying up late last night watching videos on the net, searching for ideas to make a romantic breakfast. She got loads of idea and as she expected, most of them suggested making the food in a heart shape. The problem is, they don't have any heart-shaped cookie cutter. Yerin decided to make some French toast because she can just cut the bread using a scissor.

She cuts the bread carefully into a heart shape before dipping them in the eggs mixture. Yerin cooks them in the pan. She makes five medium-sized heart-shaped French toast as she thinks that would be enough for SinB. Yerin use the same method with the ham and heat it in the pan for a quick five seconds. She plans to layers the ham and the French toasts so it will be like a ham sandwich.

Then, Yerin cuts both ends of the sausage diagonally and fixes the two pieces together with a toothpick and pan-fried them. Yerin smiles proudly that she successfully made two heart-shaped sausages for SinB. As for the strawberries, she tried cutting them into a rose like Handyman Oppa did for SinB and Umji before, but she failed miserably at all three attempts. She ends up eating all three strawberries that she had disfigured in the last five minutes.

Thinking that she doesn’t have the hands for it, Yerin quits trying. She just cuts the tip of the strawberry to remove its stem and slices the strawberry. It is not as pretty as the one Handyman Oppa made, at least it looks decent. Yerin makes a strawberry milkshake for SinB and to make it more special, she puts a slice of the heart-shaped strawberry on the rim of the glass. 

Yerin puts the tray with a plate of heart-shaped ham French toast sandwich and sausages, a glass of strawberry milkshakes on the table in the balcony. She quietly sneaks into SinB’s room and wakes the girl up.

”SinB-yah, wake up.” Yerin whispers softly, kisses SinB forehead tenderly.

SinB rubs her eyes and smiles at Yerin with her eyes still closed. She just put her hands up, flexing and extending her fingers gesturing for ’another five minutes please’. Yerin smiles. Her eyes wander all over the serene looking girl. She questions herself repeatedly in her mind how can a girl in her sleep making her heart flutters, making her fall in love over and over again without doing anything but sleep. Yerin smiles for the nth time in only a minute. She tried her best but she can’t keep herself static while looking at the girl who she would do everything in this world for. Unconsciously, her lips slowly find its way to SinB’s temple causing the girl’s lip curled into a smile. Finally, SinB wakes up and Yerin greets her with a smile.

Yerin helps SinB gets off the bunk bed and leads the girl to the balcony. She managed to grab a blanket from the couch and bring it to the balcony as it is a bit chilly outside. SinB’s eyes sparkle when she sees the beautifully arranged heart-shaped foods on the table. Yerin just smiles at the girl and pulls out the chair for her, gesturing the girl to sits down. Then, Yerin takes the vacant chair next to SinB. 

”I make you some breakfast. Enjoy. And I’m sorry if it doesn’t taste good.” Yerin smiles happily as she pushed the plate closer to SinB.

SinB studies the plate as if she is going to be questioned about it later on. The girl exchanges her gaze from the plate and then to Yerin’s face. Yerin unconsciously did the same, trying to figure out what is wrong with the food that she prepared carefully and with so much love. The French toasts are not burnt, neither do the sausages. Is there a fly in the food? Yerin frantically moves her eyes to visually inspect the food only to find nothing but the food she intentionally places on the plate for SinB to enjoy.

”Where is yours?” SinB asks.

”Oh..I just made this for you.” Yerin smiles at SinB but all she got as a response is SinB frowning while shaking her head saying ”I’m not going to eat it.”

”Does it look that disgusting?” Yerin asks examining the plate which at least looks half decent.

”No, I’m not going to eat alone. We’ll eat together. Here...” SinB takes one of the heart-shaped sandwiches and hands it to Yerin.

”...but I made them for you. And there are only two, you won’t be full if you only eat one. Don’t mind me, I’ll eat later.” Yerin pushes SinB hand that holding the sandwich gently, wearing a warm smile on her face. Plus, she already ate one piece of the toast while arranging them.

”I won’t eat, then. If you can eat later, why can’t I?” SinB pouts and puts the sandwich back on the plate sulkily. 

Yerin’s heart is about to explode from the chest. SinB is so cute right now that she can barely hold herself from lunging at SinB and claims those pouting, luscious lips. SinB is lucky that she forgot to brush her teeth this morning, so, she wouldn’t want to kiss her with her bad breath. Honestly, she wanted to but SinB might not want it, so, she just bites her inner cheek and holds onto the edge of her chair to restrain herself.

”Okay, my love. Let’s eat together. And we’ll eat some more with them later.” 

SinB instantly smiles, takes the same sandwich and hands it to Yerin. Yerin does the same, taking the sandwich on the plate and gives it to SinB. They both smile and eat the sandwich happily. SinB stops eating her sandwich and fiddles with the heart-shaped sausage, ”thank you for making these for me, unnie. It’s beautiful, so beautiful that I don’t have a heart to eat them.”

”Anything for you, SinB. Eat it. Those are like my heart, at least it will be a part of you when you eat them.”

Yerin doesn’t know when did she become that cheesy, that not only SinB but even she is surprised that those words came out of . Probably because she has been googling ’ways to win your girl’s heart’ for days that she picked up a few good lines from the articles and videos she watched. Or maybe some of Handyman Oppa’s romantic side rubs off on her when they hang out together.

”Why are you doing this, unnie? I mean, I really likes it. But, you must have been tired and you woke up early to do this.” SinB asks, still fiddling with her food making Yerin nervous thinking if it really tastes bad that the girl stopped eating.

”Because I love you. Because I want to have breakfast with you. Because I might not be able to do it in for the next two weeks because of our packed schedule. But, I will still try and do this every day.” Yerin responded with one hand holding one-third of the sandwich that’s left, and another hand caressing SinB’s free hand. 

SinB smiles, nodding her head when she looks like she just realised something. Yerin shoots a questioning glance at the girl and as the girl responded, ”I should tell oppa about it, we’re going to be busy, probably won’t be able to meet.”

Yerin swallows a big lump of her half-chewed bite of sandwich upon hearing SinB’s response. The sandwich all of the sudden tasted very salty and bitter, course like she is eating shattered glasses. She didn’t even try to conceal her face from showing how much she detests this situation. Her smiley and happy face turn sour and SinB detected the changes, asking her why.

”The sandwich suddenly tastes salty,” Yerin said in a feigned nonchalant voice.

SinB then takes another bite of her sandwich, probably to taste if it is salty like Yerin said. Her face indicates that it is not. SinB then hands Yerin her sandwich, and with a smile offering a small portion of what’s left of her sandwich to Yerin. That smile. That smile just melted all the anger and jealousy that has consumed Yerin’s heart. Yerin could not help but smile and this time she really can’t refrain herself from leans forward and steal a quick peck on SinB’s lips. The girl flinched but didn’t say anything and just looks down shyly.

”It tasted sweet and soft. Thank you, SinB,” said Yerin cooly, making SinB’s face to get even redder and infected her ears too. 

After the kiss, SinB and Yerin finish their sandwich in silence. SinB probably doesn’t want to say anything, probably in fear of her lips going to be claimed again. And Yerin just wanted to enjoy her time with SinB. She could see in SinB’s eyes that she is almost succeeded in swaying her heart into saying yes to her proposal last week.

SinB slowly takes the strawberry milkshake-filled glass and drinks it. Then, without a word she passes the glass to Yerin who took it with a smile. Yerin even purposely brushes her hand over SinB’s when she took the glass from SinB. Yerin has been following SinB’s movement and she knows exactly where the girl’s lips landed on the glass when she drank the milkshake. So, Yerin turns the glass to the place where SinB’s lips had touched and placed her own lips at the same spot. She smiles as soon as her lips touched the same spot, satisfied with a petty act of an indirect kiss.

”It tastes the same as before. Sweet.” Yerin smiles cheekily at SinB while holding out the glass to SinB.

”Aaahhh...unnie...why are you doing this to me?” SinB smacks Yerin’s arm lightly.

Yerin smiles. She likes it when SinB shows her cuteness like this. The girl hates being cute but she always acts like this when they are together. It feels like she is exclusively being a cute, fluffy girl with her. For Yerin’s eyes only. 

”Because I love you.” Yerin says it in all her honesty while looking straight into SinB’s eyes but the girl cannot withstand her penetrating stares that she looks away leaving only her red ear visible to Yerin.

SinB gulps down a few more mouthful of the milkshake before she stands to leave the balcony. Yerin, of course is not going to let that happen. So, she grabs SinB’s wrist and pulls her without a warning to make her lose her footing while expecting SinB to fall on her lap that is ready to bear the girl’s weight. She wraps SinB’s waist and hugs her tightly.

”Just five more minutes,” Yerin whispers in the girl sitting on her lap’s ears. 

SinB doesn’t say anything but she doesn’t resist Yerin’s tight embrace as well. So, Yerin just takes that as a yes. After a while, SinB moves a bit and with her hand she spreads Yerin’s leg apart to make room for her to place her bottom in between the older girl’s legs. Now, instead of SinB sitting on Yerin’s lap with her face a few inches above Yerin’s, she changed their sitting arrangement so their faces are levelled.

They sit in silence and enjoy the sunrise together. Yerin didn’t plan this but she is certainly happy that she could see the sunrise with SinB in her embrace. Starting the day with this beautiful scenery, with a beautiful girl she loves is the only way Yerin wants to start her day after today. Yerin kisses SinB’s cheeks tenderly and whispers to SinB, ”good morning my love.”

****

’Oppa, we have packed schedules for two weeks, don’t think we can meet often.’ Handyman Oppa reads the text message SinB just sent her after an hour she texted SinB the usual good morning text. She already knew about that as she asked the youngest Gfriend’s manager before they went to Japan.

’Okay. Take good care of yourself. Eat well. Sleep well. Rest, take a lot of rest whenever you had the chance to. Don’t work your body too much. Don’t fall when you are dancing. Don’t fall for anyone else as well. Let me know if you need anything. I love you, Bi. I miss you and I’m going to miss you.’ Handyman Oppa types the text message and sends it to SinB with a smile as if the girl could see it.

’Okay. You too. Take care. Don’t forget to eat and rest while you are working. Text and call me as usual.’ SinB replied to her text instantly.

’Okay. Will do. Take care, I love you, Bi’ Handyman Oppa replies SinB’s text and waits for the girl to reply back with ’me too’ which she does, as expected almost instantly after she sent the text. Handyman Oppa smiles and puts her phone on the table next to her.

”Hey, do you mind blasting off Gfriend’s songs while we are at it?” said Handyman Oppa as she holds out her mp3 player to her friend, a respectable neurosurgeon in South Korea who is a few years younger than her.

”Sure. I love them too. And why am I still not having dinner with you and the girls already? I told you I’m a big fan of them. And you still haven’t repaid me for my kindness to go all the way to their house to stitch you up.” 

”Didn’t we had dinner there that night? And why would I go out on a date and bring you along?”

”Yeah right, a date! Date, my foot. Alrighty then, I’ll see you in a couple of minutes, D.” 

Handyman Oppa gives an okay gesture to her friend, the neurosurgeon who is ready with her scrubs on, her surgical cap and gown. The woman who is also one of the best neurosurgeon smiles at her. 

”Name something that starts with H.”

”Hwang Eunbi.”

”Yah, D! stop playing around. Answer her question seriously, will you?” The neurosurgeon scolded Handyman Oppa after she answers the nurse’s second question with SinB’s real name. 

”Okay, Prof. Can you recite the ABC?”

”A, Bi...I love you. C... you after this. D...promise you, E..”

”C’mon man! Stop playing. Do that one more time and I’m going to make you lose your ability to speak ever again!” said Handyman Oppa’s friend angrily.

”Okay, okay, I’m serious. A, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z. Happy?” Handyman Oppa recites the alphabet happily and even do it backwards starting from Z to A, just to piss off her friend.

”What colour is this?” 

”Her favourite colour, red.” Handyman Oppa smiles as she remembers SinB’s favourite colour.

”I need to see your hand skills,” the neurosurgeon said to Handyman Oppa as shs asks the nurse to give her friend a pencil and a piece of paper.

Handyman Oppa takes the pencil the nurse handed to her. She already knows what to write and draw to get her already annoyed friend to get even angrier at her to the point she might want to punch her in the face. With a sneaky smile, Handyman Oppa writes on the paper. 

       D ❤️ Bi 

”You are head over heels for her, aren’t you, you hopeless-romantic-love-struck fool?!” 

”For to be wise and love, exceeds man’s might.” Handyman Oppa says in a dramatic tone one of the famous lines from William Shakespeare in the Troilus and Cressida play.

”Tsk. You and your weird archaic way of expressing your feeling” scoff the neurosurgeon with her hand still firmly holding the scalpel and her eyes focus on the exposed brain in front of her.

”Well then, would you like me to sing my heart’s content for it is a modern way to express one’s feeling? Oh, but all those archaic men had at least once sings their confession too,” Handyman Oppa asks, preparing herself to sing her heart out.

”No, please don’t.” 

Handyman Oppa is already singing along with Gfriend’s song, Rough that is playing in the background when her friend tells her not to, no, commands her not to. Handyman Oppa keeps singing, ignoring her friend’s stern request than changed to begging her to please stop singing and ruining the perfectly good song. After singing Fingertip and Glassbead from Gfriend, Handyman Oppa finally stops. She feels her head slowly getting lighter as her eyelids are getting heavier. Next thing she knew, she is sitting on white sand by the beach with SinB in her embrace, looking at the stars in the sky. It was a dream but it felt real for Handyman Oppa. Handyman Oppa wakes up from her deep slumber when she heard her friend is calling her name for the nth time.

”Aih, do you really have to interrupt my dream with her? I heard you the first time. I’m almost at the peak. Just let me enjoy the date in my dream, at least. Please, I ask you to do this for me, can you please?” Handyman Oppa glares at her friend, now is only wearing her green scrubs.

”That’s why I wake you up, you and your dirty mind. Now, repeat after me. The sky is bright.” 

”The sky is bright and it’s perfect for a date with my Bi. Sincerely, your hopeless-romantic-with-a-dirty-mind-love-struck-fool-oppa.”

”I give up.” The neurosurgeon puts her hands up in the air as she has had enough with Handyman Oppa’s cheesiness for the last six hours they were together in the operating room. 

”Love knows no give up.” Handyman Oppa just laughs her heart out seeing her friend walks away from her while sticking her index fingers in her ears.

****

Yerin throws herself on the couch and slouches in it while waiting for SinB to finish showering. She is planning the next day’s breakfast. Tomorrow will be the fourth day of her daily breakfast-for-two date with SinB. She has been cooking various kinds of food for SinB every morning and had breakfast together before the other members wake up. As of today, she had cooked heart-shaped French toast and sausages, heart-shaped pancakes which were really neat and pretty because she bought a heart-shaped cookie cutter instead of cutting them using scissors; heart-shaped sunny side up fried eggs and toast which also looked decent because she bought a heart-shaped egg mould. 

Yes, it is cheesy and cringy like Umji mocked her when the girl saw Yerin got home with a plastic bag filled with all sorts of things in heart-shaped. Yerin raided the famous fix price chain store from Japan and bought everything they have in store in heart shaped. Cookies cutter of various sizes, egg moulds, baking pan, skillet, ramekins - although she doesn’t know what to do with it, mini heart-shaped mould which she had used once for making some ice cubes, waffle maker, wooden spoon that she used every day to serve SinB her breakfast, silicon muffin mould, plates which she used every day as well, bowls, coffee mugs which comes in a set of two that she also used every morning.

There are still a few things that Yerin didn’t buy because she doesn’t want the cashier to think she was crazy, though she is, for SinB. But, the cashier didn’t need to know that although she is having no problem at all in disclosing her love for SinB for the whole world to know.

”You’re all done?” Yerin asks SinB who just come out of her room wearing a short-sleeved V neck t-shirt and shorts while tapping on space next to her.

SinB nods her head weakly and walks towards the couch, sitting on the couch where Yerin tapped. Similar to Yerin, SinB slouches in the soft, comfortable couch. Yerin pushes herself to sit upright and brushes her lips on SinB’s temple for a quick peck which the girl just smiled. Gently, Yerin lifts up SinB’s legs from the floor and puts them on her lap before she starts massaging them. This has been their night routine for the past three nights.

The first night Yerin did this, SinB didn’t ask anything, she really appreciated it because her feet were killing her that night. On the second night, SinB asked her about it and she just said ’because I love you’ which made SinB blushed the whole night. The girl tried to return the favour but Yerin refused. Not that she doesn’t want SinB to, but she worried she might not be able to control the raging hormones in her. Because of her refusal, SinB actually got mad and left her alone in the living room last night without saying goodnight or anything. And that’s why this morning’s ’I love you’ breakfast changed into ’I’m sorry and I love you’ breakfast which favoured her when SinB simply just forgave her.

”What do you want for breakfast tomorrow?” Yerin asks as she gently massaging SinB’s leg while controlling not to drool all over the girl’s silky smooth legs.

”Hmm...you’re tired, aren’t you. Let’s just have breakfast with the others.” SinB said with her eyes closed, probably enjoying the massage or she is tired and sleepy.

”You don’t want to have breakfast with me anymore?” Yerin couldn’t help but feel hurt when SinB suggested that. She still has lots of heart-shaped stuff that she bought and hasn’t used.

”No, not like that. You have to wake up early to cook breakfast. Unnie, you are tired, and you are doing this too at night. You should rest too. Get some sleep.” SinB said whilst her eyes are still shut but now her hand is holding Yerin’s hand.

”You don’t want to wake up early, aren’t you? Okay, then. We’ll just eat with everyone, then.”

Yerin doesn’t want to force SinB, so she just let it go although it irks her to the core. Of course she is tired, but she got all recharged when she looks at SinB’s messy hair, half-opened eyes with crusts at the corner of her eyes, her slightly pale lips and puffy morning face. Even in that state, SinB still looks stunningly beautiful and when Yerin is given the chance to enjoy that face, spends thirty minutes alone with that girl, all her tiredness and sleepiness drained out of her body. She would be as energised as if she had a good eight-hour sleep.

Yerin used to be frightened by this feeling, this other-worldly feeling that she would and could do anything for her love for SinB. But, that was way back, when she tried to keep the feeling to herself. Now, she will do everything she can to show SinB how much the girl means to her, how much she loves her, and how much she is willing to do for her. Even if she doesn’t get to sleep for days, she will gladly endure for SinB. 

SinB fell asleep without even responding to Yerin’s last remark. Seeing how tired the girl is, her heart soften, all the feelings that are swirling inside her when she thinks about the reason why SinB doesn’t want to have breakfast with her tomorrow just melted away. She may be the only one who gains energy from seeing and being with SinB first thing in the morning, but not SinB. Sometimes, she forgot to think about how does it make SinB feels and just focus on how she wanted to portray her own feelings to SinB.

The limp body of SinB who is already fallen into a deep sleep surprisingly gives Yerin a wake-up call. Yerin rested SinB’s legs on the couch and slowly gets off the couch. She stretches out her hands and legs, preparing herself to carry SinB to her bed. Gently, Yerin places her arm under SinB’s knees and another arm on her back slipping her hand under the girl’s armpit. She lifts the girl up, bridal style and carries her to her room. It’s been years, but she still cursing the bunk bed SinB and Umji shares. Because of it, she never got to carry SinB up to her bed and lays her there. She once tried to but she couldn’t lift the girl high enough and she even thought of carrying her while climbing the stairs which she immediately discarded the idea because fearing that they would fall.

”SinB...we’re here at your bed.” Yerin whispers in SinB’s ears and kisses the girl’s temple.

SinB slowly opens her eyes and nods her head, understands what she had to do as this is not their first night doing this. SinB straightens her body a bit and that is Yerin’s cue to put the girl down. SinB climbs up to her bed while holding onto Yerin’s right hand. She then pats the mattress, inviting Yerin to sleep with her which Yerin gladly, rather excitedly accepts. 

”No early breakfast tomorrow, we can sleep in a bit. Thank you, Yerin.” SinB whispers in Yerin’s ears while wrapping her arms around Yerin’s waist.

SinB pulls herself closer to Yerin’s back that her s are sticking to her back. Then, the girl planted a quick peck at the back of Yerin’s head before dozing off into her sleep. This almost nonchalant sweet side of SinB always rocks Yerin to the core that she most definitely always end up trembling while holding her excitement. With a contented smile, Yerin falls asleep in the love of her life’s embrace.

***

Yerin fills two-thirds of the bathtub with warm water while humming. They just finished performing at the university’s event and since it is already late at night, they are staying the night in a hotel before driving straight to the place of their next event tomorrow morning. She knows she can’t prepare SinB some breakfast tomorrow, so she thought she could do something else. Her hands were beginning to sore after seven days of massaging SinB’s legs with who knows if it’s right or wrong technique, so, she googles other things she could do. It turns out just soaking the legs in a hot-warm water would be able to do the trick just as massaging could.

The sight of the bathtub in their shared hotel room actually gives Yerin another idea. Yerin originally thought about having a bath together with SinB in the bathtub could relax both of them and loosen up their stressed muscles. But while filling the tub with water, her imagination went wild. She can feel that her body is wet at some places including a place that shouldn’t. Her then physiological response immediately made her changed the plan to just soaking their legs in the tub.

Yerin had promised SinB that she will not try anything more than kissing her forehead and cheeks. She did steal a few quick pecks on SinB’s lips though. SinB didn’t scold her or reprimanded her for that but she can see that the girl is a bit uncomfortable, so she is determined not to do that anymore. And at this rate, if she was to sit in the tub, , alone with SinB, she thinks that it is almost impossible for her to keep that promise. She probably will act more than she ever did with SinB in their bathroom at home that one very fortunate morning. Yerin splashes some cold water on her face to calm her hormones down.

”Hey, SinB...” Yerin calls for SinB who is munching on the snacks they got from their fans earlier while watching TV.

”Emm...” SinB looks up at Yerin.

”Let’s soak our legs in the tub, it can relieve the sore,” Yerin holds out her hand, smiling at SinB.

SinB didn’t give her answer immediately, instead, she just stares intently at Yerin. Yerin tries to act cool and calm as the girl is studying her face and every movement. Then SinB frowns, tilted her head to the side and was about to say something, but Yerin cuts her off before she could utter a word. Yerin can guess what the girl is going to say, and she can’t blame her for thinking about that because she did have that in her mind not more than three minutes ago.

”Just. Our. Leg. I promise. Not going to try anything funny.” Yerin says as she put her hands up gesturing a promise.

SinB’s face tells Yerin that the girl didn’t buy what she said. So, she is forcing her brain to work extra hard this evening to say something that is convincing. First, Yerin thought of telling SinB that she would keep her hands up on her head. But, then her mind doesn’t stop at imagining she and SinB sitting next to each other on the tub’s frame. It goes beyond that. Yerin sits with her back arched a bit while keeping her hands on her head, but SinB is not visible anywhere. Only her fingers are visible, holding onto both sides of Yerin’s waist. Yerin had to stop thinking about that position before she loses her footing trying to calm her churning stomach down.

Next, she wanted to say to SinB that she can hold her hands so she wouldn’t be able to use her hand freely. Nope. That’s not the best idea because she figures they will be holding hands and of course they are not going to keep their hands up in the air. So, they will rest their hands on SinB’s lap because surely SinB is not going to choose her lap for an obvious reason. But, that obvious reason is the exact reason why it is impossible for Yerin. Her hand resting on SinB’s lap, and what is located near the lap? Everyone could have guessed it, her crotch. Not trusting her hand at this time when her raging hormones could easily take control over it and she can tell where it is headed to, Yerin keeps the idea to herself. 

Yerin thought maybe they should not be in close proximity to one another. That’s a viable option. Since the bathtub is a free-standing, classic type of tub, it is not attached to the wall. They can each sits on one end of the tub. That way, her hand wouldn’t be able to reach for SinB’s hands and her lips also couldn’t steal a peck or two. But, she failed to take into account that they both have long legs. Surely, their leg can get entangled with one another if they straighten them. However, since they are sitting on a narrow frame, they need to keep their knees bend so they won’t fall into the tub. By far, this is the safest arrangement for them. So, Yerin voiced it out to SinB and luckily the girl agrees. 

Everything went fine, SinB and Yerin talking while soaking their tired and sore legs in the warm water filled-bathtub. They talk about how crazy their schedules are but they still love doing it because singing, dancing and performing are not just some kind of paid work for them but those are their passion. Even in another life, they want to be doing this together. The topics changed from their performance to the packed schedules to the plan for the next comeback to how much they miss their families to how eager they are to be in a hiatus while preparing for the next comeback scheduled to be in two months or so.

When they run out of things to talk, they started playing with their feet. SinB having toes that can pinch starts extending her legs, finding Yerin’s and pinches the older girl’s leg. This is the beginning of Yerin’s plan to fall, but she just doesn’t know it yet. Knowing SinB doesn’t like to be tickle, Yerin uses her toes to try and tickles the girl. To make Yerin stop, SinB suggested that they play toe wrestling. Similar to thumb wrestling, they will try to bend the opponent’s big toe to win. And unbeknownst to both SinB and Yerin, in five, four, three, two, and one...Yerin’s imagination comes true. The difference is, in reality she is the one ends up in the tub while SinB is sitting at her original position.

While they were trying to bend each other’s big toe to win the game, Yerin slipped and stumbles forward. Her legs bend at the knee joints with her knees and leg are on the tub’s floor. Meanwhile her hands managed to hold onto SinB’s waist at both sides while her head ends up in SinB’s crotch. Yerin could not help it, her lips automatically curled into a smile. SinB who was still shocked caught a glance of Yerin smiling while her eyes fixated on her private area, pushes Yerin as hard as she can without thinking about the older girl’s hands on her waist. Yerin falls on her back, taking SinB along with her because she didn’t let go of her hands on SinB’s waist. The water splashes out of the tub as soon as Yerin’s back hits them.

Luckily the tub’s floor is equipped with a silicone mat and the tub is not really that big. So, Yerin’s upper back hits the tub’s wall, the narrow part where she originally sat on, not the lengthy one. Now, it is really lucky for Yerin because SinB is lying on top of her and this position had been in her mind earlier. Yerin smiles at SinB and pulls the girl who seems a tad angry closer to her. Yerin adjusts her position so she will slouch in the tub with most of her upper back rested against the tub’s wall but still keeps her hands firmly wrapped around SinB’s body which made the girl’s body move along with her.

”I didn’t plan this, SinB-yah. This must be our fate. I love you, SinB,” said Yerin to a now angry looking SinB who is lying on top of her.

SinB closes her eyes and lets out a sigh. Yerin at this time, has lost all the control she has over her body. Her brain is no longer the central part instructing her body parts but her heart that is filled with the love for SinB is. Her arms wrapped SinB’s body tighter, making their body sticking to one another. Swiftly, Yerin’s legs entrapped SinB’s in hers. Yerin smiles seeing SinB is also losing her control although she is still closing her eyes. Yerin leans closer to the girl’s face, the tips of their nose touches. 

”Yerin...” calls SinB softly, in attempt to stop the older girl from getting closer and Yerin knows it but choose to ignore her.

”Hmm...” Yerin hums her response and her hot breath hits SinB’s face making the girl trembles. Yerin continues moving her face closer to SinB until their lips touched.

”May I?” Yerin asks with her lips moving, brushing SinB’s lips. SinB just responded by parting her lips a bit, welcoming Yerin’s soft lips onto hers.

At that moment, with both Yerin and SinB’s eyes closed and their lips locked in each other’s, the promise was broken. Yerin kisses SinB who reciprocates to every inviting pucker and movements of Yerin’s lips. Their lips didn’t stop moving for fifteen minutes now. Sometimes SinB’s upper lip is in between Yerin’s lips, sometimes the girl’s bottom lip is in between Yerin’s lips. The kisses changed from a quick, shallow kiss to a long, deep kiss; Yerin nibbles on SinB’s lips, the girl’s lips and even bites them.

Unlike any other occasion, this time Yerin keeps her hand steady on SinB’s waist and upper back. They just focus on savouring each other’s soft, fruity-taste lips and nothing else. Yerin slows down her lips movement, kissing and lingering on SinB’s lips while uttering the word ’SinB, I love you, I love you so much’ repeatedly, alternating with a soft moan that comes out of and/or SinB’s. After another ten minutes or so, SinB and Yerin gives each other a final deep kiss before pull away. 

”Does this means yes?” Yerin asks as SinB’s face is now visible again after twenty minutes or so.

SinB doesn’t answer Yerin’s question, she just stares at Yerin. Yerin knows SinB understands what is she referring to. She tries to read between the lines of SinB’s stares but she failed. She can’t read the girl’s face. The pretty, flawless face doesn’t suggest a regret, not even sad, or happy. There’s no way of telling if SinB is going to give her the answer right now. After five minutes of silence, staring contest, SinB finally gets off Yerin’s body and steps out of the tub. SinB didn’t say anything and just leave Yerin alone in the tub. Yerin definitely sure without a doubt that SinB didn’t give her any answer. It’s neither a no, nor a yes. She knew she didn’t misinterpret SinB’s response as the girl didn’t provide her with any.

”The hell! All I need is a yes or yes or maybe a no. But, no, I want a yes. Why can’t you just give me that, SinB...” Yerin sighs as she gets up while draining the water that has turned cold from the tub.

****

”No!” SinB storms out of the room frustratedly, with tears threatening to escape from both her eyes.

All ten people in Gfriend’s practice room look at each other and then SinB who is already walking out of the room, who knows where. The word ’no’ has been coming out of SinB’s mouth for more than a hundred times in the last thirty minutes. Yerin wants to go after SinB but she was stopped by their chief manager. The meeting continues for about five more minutes before they were dismissed for the day. Yerin is going to attend another meeting, accompanied by the chief manager in two days.

Yerin slouches in the chair, sighing while staring at the ceiling. She is at a crossroad in which she only has little power to choose the road to travel on. Yerin at least has the priviledge to voiced out her opinion to the managing team, but she doesn’t hold the main key to decide. She gets the offer to go on one of her favourite reality tv shows, Law of the jungle. Yerin likes that show and she is up to the challenge of having to survive for few days in a jungle. Plus, it can help publicise the group as well.

However, Yerin also wanted to join the others to perform at one of the prestigious events for a kpop idol group, the KCon and this time it’s going to be held in New York. She hasn’t been there and would love to go there. At least she could spend time with SinB in a place other than Korea. This is also one of many ways for Gfriend to be known by a lot more people and it’s international. Plus, she doesn’t want to disappoint fans who are waiting eagerly to meet the six of them there.

Yerin loves the challenge to be in the reality tv show and this opportunity is not something that she can get everyday. On the other hand, she also loves singing and performing. The only difference between the two event is Gfriend would still be going to New York, except without her and the jungle, if she doesn’t go, so, no Gfriend member will be in the show for now. The managing team is keen on for her to go on law of the jungle because the other girls are still representing Gfriend at the KCon. The managers have been attending a series of meeting with the show’s producers and crew discussing the safety issues. They are satisfied with the precautionary measures the program took into account in ensuring Yerin’s safety and wellbeing. And all these have been presented in the meeting just now.

The problem is, SinB is against the idea of her participating in the show. She never once said or showed an ounce of approval throughout the meeting. The managers assure SinB about the safety of all the participants including her when she questioned them about it. Then, she was worried about her not having enough food to eat or even have anything to eat because in the show, they have to gather their own food using any means they can including hunting, fishing or picking some fruits. The chief manager once again assures SinB that they are other people with her the whole time and those people will make sure she gets something to eat.

Every single question SinB threw at them was being answered but since nothing is sure, none of the managers or Yerin could give a definitive answer that she will not get injured or get to eat properly twice a day like she typically does. Yerin and the managers can only assure SinB that she will be extra careful so she won’t get injured and tries as much as she can that she get something to eat and rest. And obviously, it’s not enough to convince SinB. Hence, the storming out of the meeting room incident just now. 

Yerin tries calling SinB but the girl doesn’t pick up her phone. She sends a few texts to the girl but the result is the same. Yerin goes out of the practice room and searches for SinB in every room the girl has access to. The practice room, recording room, break room, toilets, cafeteria, the convenience store near the building, the toilets in the building adjacent to their buildings. She is nowhere to be found. After about twenty minutes she and the other girls searching for SinB but none of them had any luck finding her, Sowon decides that they should head home thinking SinB might already be there.

Yerin even called Handyman Oppa asking her if SinB contacted her or with her to which the woman said no. And with oppa knows SinB is nowhere to be found, she also joins the other girls finding SinB. Handyman Oppa also tried calling SinB but it went straight to voicemail indicating that the girl has switched off her phone. Yerin and the rest of Gfriend member walk towards their van to go home. And that was the only place they didn’t look for SinB, and there she was sitting at the back of the van silently. Yerin sits next to her and tries to talk to SinB, but the girl just ignores her.

Yerin’s heart is aching to see SinB in that state. There are traces of dry tears on SinB’s cheeks and her eyes are red and a bit swollen, a hard evidence of SinB has been crying, probably the whole thirty minutes they were trying to find her. The drive home is filled with an eerie silence. To be honest, every single one of them is a hesitant about Yerin going to the jungle. They all share the same worries as SinB and everyone voiced it out in the meeting.

However, unlike SinB they got a bit of reassurance after hearing the manager's explanation and precaution measures that are being taken. They are still worried but they believe that Yerin will try her very best to take care of herself. Everyone started googling things related to surviving in the jungle, the best way to dress so Yerin could avoid being bitten by insects and all sorts of things related. So, they don’t dare say a word to SinB and just sit in silence until they got home. 

Ever since Yerin started to cook breakfast for SinB and her a few weeks ago, she also cooks dinner. So, just like most days, Yerin and Sowon prepare the dinner while the younger girls take turn to wash up and changed. 

”Yerin-ah...” Sowon looks at Yerin as they both preparing the ingredients for the main dish they are going to cook for dinner.

Yerin just smiles at Sowon bitterly. She knows the leader of the group is worry about her and also SinB. The girl hasn’t spoken a word since the meeting and just stayed in her room. While everyone is already taking turn using the bathroom, SinB is just lying down in her bed. This was according to Eunha and Yerin confirms that when she went to the younger girls’ room just now.

”I’ll try and talk to her after dinner.” Yerin caresses Sowon’s hand reassuringly.

”Should we ask oppa’s help? Maybe she can talk to SinB about this...” Eunha who is already in her shorts and spectacles suggests. Sowon nods her head, agreeing with Eunha after giving her girlfriend a peck on her lips.

”Emm...I don’t know. Oppa might get scolded by SinB then. No, I am sure oppa will get scolded by SinB and probably they’ll end up fighting. I’m not comfortable getting oppa into trouble with SinB because of this.” Yerin said concernedly as she puts the ingredients for japchae into the pan and stirs them.

Although she and Handyman Oppa is fighting over SinB, she still doesn’t have the heart to let the two get into a fight because of her. Plus, it can also be the other way around although the chance of it happening is very slim because she knows Handyman Oppa is a reasonable person and doesn’t makes decision based on her personal reason. Probably, oppa will sides with SinB and that would jeopardise Yerin’s chances of ever hearing ’yes’ from SinB. She had been waiting for SinB’s answer since she confessed her feelings and proposed to her about a month ago. Yerin is not willing to let all her efforts go down the drain. But, the situation right now is kind of blowing her chance itself without having oppa involved in it. 

Tonight’s menu is japchae fried rice. Umji and Yuju help setting up the table after Sowon and her finish cooking. Sowon is using the bathroom, and while waiting for her to finish showering, Yerin goes to SinB’s room. The girl is lying on the bed with her face down, fully covered by her blanket. Yerin calls SinB’s name but she doesn’t respond, not even moving. SinB is not sleeping, Yerin is sure about it because the girl wouldn’t be able to sleep in that position. She will have trouble breathing and she can’t sleep like that. 

”SinB-ah...let’s wash up first and then we’ll have dinner with everyone. Okay?” Yerin lifts the blanket slowly but SinB is still not responding.

Yerin caresses SinB’s head softly and kisses her crown tenderly. Then she jokingly scoffs and said, ”uhm...my baby SinB is smelly, she needs a bath.” Yerin is just trying to be funny to get SinB to get up and hit the shower like everyone else did. The girl’s hair actually smells like flowers and this is one of the scents she has to smell every morning to get her energised. 

”You won’t be taking showers for days when you are in the jungle, so why do you care if it smells bad,” said SinB with a hint of annoyance and pulls back the blanket over her head.

Yerin wanted to stay there but Sowon is screaming her name asking her to shower ao they can start eating. Everyone is hungry, and this includes SinB because Yerin heard the girl’s stomach growling. So, Yerin gets off the bunk bed that SinB shares with Umji and sprints to the shower. She takes the quickest shower she ever had in her entire life and goes straight to the kitchen.

Everyone else is there except SinB. Yerin shoots a questioning look at everyone, obviously asking them SinB’s whereabouts. Umji told her that SinB doesn’t want to eat and all five of them had gone and asked her to join them for dinner. Sowon told Yerin to eat with them first when she wanted to go and get SinB because it’s highly unlikely that the girl will change her mind.

Yerin reluctantly sits and eat the dinner with the girls. They talk about the program while eating. Eunha and Umji show some pictures of things and clothes that Yerin would need when she is going to the jungle. Meanwhile, Sowon told her a few things she read online about things she can eat in the jungles. Yerin listens to them half-heartedly because her mind is wondering about SinB. But, she knows that her members are concerned about her so that’s why they have been googling all these information for her.

After dinner, Eunha and Yuju clean the table and wash the dirty dishes. Umji has already set aside a plate of the japchae fried rice for SinB when she set the table earlier and Yerin takes the plate and put it on the table on the balcony. She also pours a glass of water and places them next to the plate.

With a determined heart, Yerin strides toward the younger girls’ room. She is going to make SinB comes out of the room and eat her dinner tonight by any means necessary. Yerin climbs the ladder attached to the bunk bed’s frame and slowly calls SinB’s name. Just like before, SinB doesn’t respond to her. So, Yerin pulls the blanket down, exposing SinB’s head.

”SinB-ah...let’s eat dinner and then you can go back to bed. Okay?” Yerin said with her softest voice.

”I don’t want to.” SinB rejected Yerin without even glancing at her.

”You have to eat. Come, I’ll company you while you eat. I made some japchae fried rice. Everyone said it’s delicious.” Yerin still tries to persuade SinB to eat her dinner.

”I don’t. You might not get to eat dinner in the jungle, why do I have to?” said SinB who is still lying on her side facing the wall, angrily.

”We don’t know about that. But, right now, I know you have to eat. You haven’t eaten anything since noon. Please, let’s eat. Okay, if you don’t want the fried rice, I’ll make you something else. How about ramen? Do you want some ramen? I can cook for you.” Yerin pulls SinB’s shoulder trying to get the girl to face her but SinB stiffened her body.

After a few seconds of silence, SinB finally turns around and shoots a deathly stare at Yerin. Yerin almost falls off the ladder, startling by SinB’s sudden movement but she managed to secure her hand in the bed’s railing. Yerin smiles at SinB who looks serious. Not a single muscle in the girl’s face is twitch to form a smile. 

”I want you to not go to the jungle. Can you do that for me? If you love me, don’t go,” SinB asks dead serious.

Yerin blinks her eyes, shocked by SinB’s request. Seeing her response, SinB turns back facing the wall without saying anything. Yerin wanted so bad to say okay but that is not up to her. The managing team and other members had already come to a decision that Yerin should accept the offer for the reality tv show given that she will be provided necessary training to prepare for her stay in the jungle.

”I love you, SinB. I do. Let’s talk over dinner. Please? You have to eat, SinB or you are going to get gastritis.” Yerin persuaded SinB in her cajoling voice as she the girl’s hair tenderly.

”No. I can die, I don’t mind. Not that anyone cares about me.” SinB said lowly.

”I’m not letting you die and I do care. Mian, SinB.”

Yerin locks her knees on the ladder and puts her hands under SinB’s body and pulls the girl closer to the edge of the bed. She then lifts the girl up and puts her on her shoulder with her arm firmly wrapped around SinB’s waist. Carefully, Yerin climbs down the ladder with SinB on her right shoulder firmly secured with her hand, while her left hand is holding the ladder so they both don’t fall down because SinB is punching her back. SinB is still squirming and punching Yerin’s back when Yerin is already on the floor, walking towards the door. Yerin ignores SinB’s screaming asking her to put her down and just march towards the balcony. Everyone was startled by their sudden, unconventional appearance only able to gasp in shock without saying anything.

When they got to the balcony, only then Yerin puts SinB down on the chair. SinB sits on the chair, crossing her arms over her chest and glared at Yerin who takes a seat next to her. Yerin pulls the plate at the middle of the table closer to SinB and asks the girl to eat. But, SinB refuses to even when her stomach is growling at the moment clearly shows her current state - hungry. Yerin asks the girl again nicely but SinB still refuses and now even covers with her hand.

Yerin is not going to give up. So, she takes the plate and puts it in front of her. She takes the spoon and scoops the fried rice and japchae before moving the rice-filled spoon close to SinB’s mouth. SinB still clenched her lips together, not wanting to put any food in . After a few verbal threats of claiming SinB’s lips and twice physical attempts to kiss SinB on her lips, SinB finally opens for the fried rice to enter her.

Yerin smiles in relief when SinB finally eats. She continues feeding SinB despite the girl wanted to take the spoon from her hand and eat by herself. After a few failed attempt, SinB gives up and just wait for the food to be fed to her, chews them and swallow. 

It takes Yerin a whole lot of efforts, tonnes of promises to SinB that the girl finally gives her half-hearted approval to go to the jungle. SinB is still wary of Yerin’s decision and hopes that the program will get cancel. But, it didn’t come true and she is still going to the jungle and SinB and the other girls are going to New York for KCon. SinB has been reasoning with Yerin for her not to go to the jungle including but not limited to personal and professional reasons. SinB said she wouldn’t be able to perform because she uses Yerin as her cue when she dances which is nothing but a lie. She is the lead dancer and the anchor for everyone else for the dancing part of their performance.

Then, SinB resorts to using more personal reasons because anything related to performance can be addressed by someone else in the group. Since Yerin had been preparing breakfast for her every morning for the past few weeks, SinB claims she is going to miss breakfast because Yerin is not with her when she goes to New York. She can’t sleep without Yerin which is probably half true because they weren’t always sleep in the same bed and SinB has never complained about it in the past.

Yerin reassures SinB that she will be preparing SinB’s breakfast every day even they are not together in New York. And this is why she is writing notes on the card number seven, out of ten cards she is preparing for SinB. She gets a variety of bread, microwaveable meals and long-life flavoured milk and drinks for ten days. All of these are for SinB and not for her to bring to the jungle. She puts at least one bread, one microwaveable meal and a drink in one bag, and sticks the card on the bag. Each bag is labelled with a number starting from 1 until 10.

Every card is different, she writes down a good morning wishes, jotted down things she hopes SinB will do, the reason why she loves her and a good night wish. The notes correspond to the day they are not together while SinB in New York and Yerin in the jungle, and while SinB back in Korea and she is in the jungle or en-route back to Korea. 

SinB and the girls are checking their documents and bag for the last time. Yerin also does the same thing only their destination is different. The girls are flying to New York tomorrow,  while she is flying to Indonesia the next day. They take some pictures and exchanging words of encouragement when SinB suddenly runs to the bathroom. Everyone is startled but not shocked by SinB’s action as they have been expecting her to do that sometime tonight or tomorrow morning. Yerin excuses herself and goes to the bathroom where SinB is now locking herself in.

”SinB-yah, can you let me in?” Yerin knocks on the door while leaning her forehead on the door. She almost falls on the floor when SinB finally opens the door after two minutes.

”Don’t go, please. You love me, don’t you? If you love me, then, don’t go. Come with me to New York,” begs SinB with her sadly, almost bursting into tears.

”I love you. I’m here with you. I’ll always be with you.” Yerin said as she pulls SinB into a hug.

”It’s only for a few days. We’ll be back together in here before you know it. I promise you.” Yerin whispers in SinB’s ears while the girl’s spine tenderly.

”Call me the moment you got a service. Text me every day.” SinB reminded Yerin the things she has been telling her for the past four days.

”I will, you won’t even know I’m gone.” Yerin tries to reassure SinB.

”I know. I will always know. Takes care of yourself, don’t get injured, eat and get some rest too. Don’t do anything stupid and dangerous.” SinB repeats the same thing she has been saying to her every day for the past four days.

”Okay. I won’t. You take care of yourself too. Don’t get injured. Eat some delicious foods and rest, don’t play too much. Eat your breakfast, I have packed them for ten days in the bag, starts with the one labelled 1.” Yerin reminds SinB about the breakfast bags she prepared for her. SinB didn’t say anything, only nodding her head in response.

SinB slowly pulls away from Yerin’s body but still have her arms wrapped around her waist. Their body that was sticking to one another now is a few centimetres apart. Yerin looks at SinB who is trying not to cry and smiles. Suddenly, SinB leans closer and does something Yerin would never expect the girl to do. SinB kisses her and unlike Yerin who always stop when their tip of the nose touched, SinB goes straight to Yerin’s lips without hesitation. Their soft, luscious lips locked and move to compliment one another.

For the first time, SinB is leading their lips expedition. SinB kisses her slowly, savouring every corner of her lips tenderly. SinB’s kisses are not of lust but of love and the sense of caring. Yerin could feel her vulnerableness and worries exposed and being caressed and ensured with every and puck of SinB’s lips. Each kiss is telling Yerin that all her unveiled concerns are going to be okay. And with each kiss, SinB is recharging her energy and her love for SinB. For the first time, kissing SinB not only make her feel happy and loved, but also touched and sad. Yerin is overwhelmed with a mix of feelings that she never knew she could feel at the same time over a kiss.

”You better come back alive and in one piece if you ever want to feel this lips again,” SinB said after she abruptly pulled away from Yerin’s lips that are swollen and moist than it normally is.

”Does that mean... a yes?” Yerin asks with her eyes sparkle, beaming a ray of love and happiness.

”No. Come back safe and sound, and I will consider that.”

SinB planted a chaste kiss on Yerin’s forehead and lets go of her arms that are wrapping Yerin’s waist and walks out of the bathroom leaving a post-kissed-dumbfounded Yerin alone without any chance of responding. 

***

1 - Good morning my love. I love you. It’s only the first day but I’ve missed you already. Have fun there. Don’t forget to eat and rest.

🎶 Il: cholado anboinyeon 🎶

SinB reads the note Yerin wrote on the card labelled 1 that she attached with the bag labelled with the same number containing a fruit juice and a cream filling bread. They have just arrived in New York and because of the time differences, it is still morning although they left Seoul yesterday morning. SinB happily eats the bread and unconsciously sings the number song’s lyrics that Yerin wrote on the card. She is eager to open the other cards in all six bags Yerin packed for her but she held it in because the older girl already warned her not to. The last sentence on the card makes SinB smiles.

Please circle your answer: Yes / No

SinB knows exactly the answer to which question is Yerin referring to even the girl didn’t write the question. She is aware Yerin has been doing a lot of things to show how much she loves her and has been very persistent in getting her answer, but she never thought Yerin would still be asking her even when they are thousand miles apart. SinB chuckles as she takes another bite of the bread and keeps the card without answering the question, in her bag.

***

7 - Good morning SinB, my love. I love you. Yeay! You are coming back home, today. I’m happy. So our distance is not that far after this. It’s a long flight, make sure you eat and rest too. I can’t wait to see you. I miss you so much. I love you, SinB-ah. 

🎶 Chil:leogkiya 🎶

🎶 Saranghae. Yogijogi han nunpalji malgo nareul bwa. Joh-ahae nareul hyanghae usneun miso maeilmaeil boyoejwo 🎶

Please circle your answer: Yes / No

P.S. I’m the lucky one, I got the chance to meet you and love you in this life.

SinB smiles as she reads the last card Yerin packed for her while thinking that she and Yerin are both lucky that they met and love each other. This is the seventh card but she knows it is not the last one. There are still three cards and breakfast packed for her at home because Yerin is coming back two days after she and the other girls arrive home. SinB fishes out for the pen she always kept in her bag and circles the word ’yes’ before slips the card in her bag along with the pen.

She has been circling the same answer since the fourth card which Yerin didn’t write ’I love you’ in her first sentence. Instead, the girl used the number song’s lyrics to say those three words.

🎶 Sa:saranghae neol saranghae 🎶

SinB is entirely sure that was not the sole reason why she starts answering Yerin’s question. But, she did. She answered Yerin’s question with the same answer over and over again. It’s just for her to see, not for Yerin to see though.

***

9 - Good morning SinB. I love you. I’m coming home tonight. I miss you so much SinB, that heart is going to explode. I can’t wait to see you tomorrow. Eat your breakfast today and tomorrow too. I’ll cook dinner tomorrow, tell me what you want. Anything. I’ll cook for you. I love you, SinB. And please...

🎶Gu: guhaejwo o nae ma-eum 🎶

Please save my heart and soul, and circle your answer: Yes / Yes / Yes / No

SinB let out a hearty laugh reading the last part of Yerin’s card. It seems that Yerin desperately wants SinB to answer yes to her question that she wrote extra two ’yes’ in the used to be a binary option answer. With a smile that SinB knows Yerin would go crazy if she sees it right now, she draws a heart shape around the three yes. SinB laughs again as she watches the video of the number song on Youtube and she could totally imagine Yerin falling limply to the ground with a sad face while singing the part for number 9 like the cartoon did in the video. She cannot wait for tomorrow. She will finally get to see Yerin after being apart for ten days. And her lips curled into a smile for the nth time this morning.

***

10 - Good morning my love. I’m coming home, I’m coming home. I love you, SinB. I love you. I miss you. I’ll wait for as long as you want, I will still love you. Have you thought about dinner? What do you want to eat? Me? yes / no

🎶Sib: sibnyeon-i gado neorul saranghae...eonjena i mam byeonchi anh-eulge 🎶

Please circle your answer: Yes / Yes / Of course /Ne / 네 / None other than yes / Yes please / No, please...not this one, never circle this option

SinB holds the card close to her chest after reading the words that are seemingly the most desperate from Yerin. She takes out her pen and draws a big circle around the word ’no’ following Yerin’s ually suggestive question and smudge the other option. SinB eyes widen when she first read the card. She can’t believe Yerin’s audacity, asking such question in writing without even her being here. But, that one raging hormones-inclined sentence didn’t cloud Yerin’s lovely and sincere words telling SinB she loves her, how she is willing to wait for her and her love for SinB will never change. Although contradicting to herself who claims would wait for SinB for as long as she wants, Yerin wrote down eight options for the answer with seven of them is yes, or referring to yes. SinB gladly draws a heart shape around all seven options.