Do you love me?

Do you love me?

SinB looks at her girlfriend, Yerin who is resting on the floor of the practice room. They have finished recording the songs for their new album that is going to be released soon. One of the song’s lyrics are a bit emotional and mature than their previous songs. The song doesn’t affect SinB too much when she heard the demo and when she was recording her line. But now, when everyone has already recorded their parts and has been put together, they listened to the whole song and it is tugging SinB’s heart hard. She feels like something is not right. SinB tries to shake it off her mind.  SinB sits next to Yerin and rests her head on the older girl’s shoulder. 

🎶Goodbye- that’s a word I haven’t learned yet
Now I think I’m learning slowly
I was waiting alone and silently crying
I’m still so young, I can’t handle this

I couldn’t believe it
So the only words of comfort from you
Disappear far far away into the clouds

Please, stars, help me
You are my sky
I hope this isn’t over
Our memories is
An unforgettable gift to me
I wanna see you even if I can’t
Memories of you
Wrap around me from somewhere

You didn’t show any signs of hardship and smiled for me
Why didn’t you tell me?
Tell me this is a dream
Your precious promises
Disappear far far away into the clouds

Please, stars, help me
You are my sky
I hope this isn’t over
Our memories is
An unforgettable gift to me
I wanna see you, I wanna turn time back
But I know this
Won’t happen

Don’t look back at me
When the tears I held in start to spill out
I’m alright
I’m going to the place of goodbyes
Farther and higher away

I know, I don’t wanna cry
My love won’t go anywhere
Forever, I’ll remember your heart
I’ll miss you
Even if you’re not next to me
You wrap around me from somewhere
Goodbye now 🎶

As hard as she tries, she can’t shake off this feeling of uneasiness. This new song is titled ’Bye’ and she can’t help but feel strangely sad when she listens to the song and Handyman Oppa always comes into her mind when the song comes on. SinB fishes out her phone from her pant’s pocket and opens the text messages she exchanged with Handyman Oppa. The last one was this early morning. Handyman Oppa texted her the usual good morning message and told her about her last check-up at the hospital today. Yesterday was Handyman Oppa’s last chemo session.

Handyman Oppa texted her really early, at around six in the morning, and she replied to the text when she woke up two hours later. After that, she hasn’t heard anything from the woman. Normally Handyman Oppa would at least texted her to ask if she is already at the practice room or ask her what is she doing today. She looks at Yerin with worries clearly written on her face. 

”Have you heard anything from oppa?” SinB asks. Yerin shakes her head after checking her phone.

”Eunha, unnie. Have you heard anything from oppa?” SinB asks Eunha who is sitting not far from them.

”No. I tried calling her earlier, but she didn’t pick up. I am calling her right now...straight to voice call. Wait, I’ll try the other phone. The same,” both Eunha and SinB’s faces changed.

Yerin wraps her arm around SinB’s shoulded and pulls her closer. She can sense that her girlfriend is anxious because she is too. But she knew SinB is probably more anxious than her and right now, this is the only thing she can do for her, hopefully, it can ease her feelings a little. 

”Anyone got ahold of oppa?” SinB asks the other girls, half-screaming, almost frantically. Sowon, Umji and Yuju shake their head.

SinB turns to look at Yerin once again. Her eyes are teary. The worst thing is clouding her mind right now and the tears burst out unintentionally. Eunha stares at SinB and her tears trickling down her cheeks as well. 

”I’ll ask the manager if he can drive us to the clinic after practice,” Sowon acted as a leader seeing her members are crying goes to the management office to talk to their manager. 

All five pair of eyes are looking up, beaming hope as high as a mountain at Sowon once she re-entered the practice room. She nods her head at them, but that doesn’t ease any of their worries. They go out for lunch and continue practising for another two and a half hours. 

”Hey, stop. Don’t think that. Oppa is going to be okay,” Yerin hugs SinB and reassures her girlfriend for the nth time since this afternoon. She is assuring herself too as she is thinking of the same possibility as SinB.

Instead of taking two vans, all six of them ride the same van to the hospital. Handyman Oppa stayed at the ward after her last chemo yesterday to prepare for the check-up today. The older woman said she is going to get her brain scanned and do some blood test. The doctor is going to see if the treatment was a success in getting rid of all the tumour in her brain. They video called last night and the oppa told them not to worry. They weren’t until this afternoon when none of them could get ahold of her.

All six of them are already familiar with the hospital. They have been here a couple of times visiting Handyman Oppa. SinB walks as fast as she can towards the ward. She stops by at the nurse's station and asks one of the nurses there. The nurse is younger and she never saw her before, but she just asks her anyway. And the answer she got is not what she wanted to hear.

”Prof. is no longer with us.” 

SinB just stares at the nurse blankly. Her heart sinks to the ground. Yerin holds SinB, preventing her from plopping down to the floor. Sowon asks the nurse again for confirmation and she repeated the same six words. Sowon asks when and the woman simply said ’this morning’ calmly, no emotion bearing on her face. Sowon just assumes that due to the nature of the nurse’s work, she is trained to deliver such news calmly. Being the oldest, Sowon pulls herself together and walk away from the nurse’s station to join the other girls standing a few feet away.

”Let’s go home. Oppa is not here,” Sowon takes Eunha’s hand in hers and walks away from the ward. The other girls just follow her. 

”Unnie, what the nurse said? Where is oppa?” Umji asks as soon as everyone gets into the van.

”She said, ’prof. is no longer with us’.” Sowon repeats what the nurse said to her a few minutes ago. 

”What? What happened?!” Umji asks, starting to cry. 

”I...I don’t know. I don’t know.” Sowon stares blankly at Umji. She doesn’t know what happened, she doesn’t know what is she supposed to do now. She couldn’t utter the word ’dead’ because she is still denying it.  She is as lost as the other girls are. She is as shocked as the other girls are. For five minutes, she just cries silently, looking as blank as a white sheet. Eunha is clinging onto her arm, sobbing. Yerin is crying, unlike usual, she cries silently as she holds SinB tightly in her arms. Umji and Yuju are hugging each other, also crying. 

”Can you drop us at oppa’s apartment?” Sowon asks their youngest manager who is just sitting in the driver’s seat without a word. He nods his head weakly.

Sowon doesn’t know why she decided to go to the older woman’s apartment. Perhaps, she thought perhaps they could get more information from someone, from oppa’s family that might already be at the oppa’s apartment. She is aware that Handyman Oppa’s family is in Japan but it would only take about two hours flight from Japan to Seoul. So, they should be here already. 

***

Sowon leads the girl to the apartment that they have frequented for almost two years now. She keys in the code and feels uneasy because it’s awfully quiet. It seems like no one is at home. Everyone rushed into the apartment and looks around the quiet apartment. They still don’t want to believe what happened to Handyman Oppa. Nothing. The apartment is as neat as always. No sign of anyone has been in the apartment.

Sowon stands in the middle of the living room, feeling lost. Yuju and Umji are cuddling on the couch, still crying. SinB slouches into the 1-seater couch, staring into nothingness while crying her eyes out. Yerin sits on the floor, leaning against the wall with her head on her bent knees, her shoulder moves up and down, crying. Eunha hasn’t come out of Handyman Oppa’s bedroom ever since they came into the apartment. Sowon is working hard to think straight when a name flashes in her mind. Sei-sama.

”Anyone has Sei-sama’s number? Maybe she knows something...” Sowon asks the crying mess and no one responds.

The oldest girl in the room thought probably Sei would know about Handymann Oppa. The woman is the oppa’s best friend and she must know if Handyman Oppa’s family already took her body from the hospital. She expected that the oppa’s family is going to be here but the apartment is empty. She thought maybe they are still at the hospital or already bring Handyman Oppa’s body back to Japan for the funeral. Sowon runs to the master bedroom. Eunha is curled into a ball, crying while hugging a t-shirt that she assumes Handyman Oppa’s. She raids the side table, the closet, trying to find something like a note book or address book that Handyman Oppa kept. Sowon moves to the room that Handyman Oppa calls her office that is more of a game room than an office.

”Unnie, what are you doing?” Sowon turns around and sees Yerin is standing at the door frame.

”Sei-sama’s phone number. That old man wasn’t good with technology. Oppa must have kept Sei-sama’s phone number somewhere. She must have a diary or address book. She has to have it. I need Sei-sama’s phone number. I have to ask her where oppa is.” Sowon sputters as she raids the office desk in front of her. 

Yerin stands there, staring her unnie ransacking the room while muttering words only she can hear. She doesn’t move an inch because she knew what Sowon is searching is not there. Handyman Oppa might be an old person who prefers to write down things manually, but the woman is a secretive person. For all the times she has been in this apartment, she never found anything personal about the woman. Sowon eventually stops searching after turning the room upside down. She strides out of the room with the intention of doing the same thing in the second bedroom. Suddenly she and Yerin heard a loud bang and SinB’s screaming from the living room.

The two quickly run back to the living room. Their eyes almost jumped out of their socket, their hearts dropped to the ground. Sowon and Yerin blink their eyes rapidly, rubbing them in disbelief.

”Bi...” Handyman Oppa calls the girl who is standing by the coffee table, crying out loud.

Handyman Oppa approaches SinB and hugs SinB. SinB pushes the woman hard, not wanting to be in her embrace. But, the older woman is way stronger than her. Handyman Oppa hugs her tightly. SinB keeps crying, smacking the older woman’s chest non-stop.

”You said you will never leave me! You promised to never leave me! Never leave me like that again!” SinB screams in between her sobs and her hands are still smacking Handyman Oppa’s chest. Handyman Oppa hugs the girl without saying anything. She wipes off the blood that is oozing out of the cut from her forehead with her sleeve. She doesn’t understand what is happening but she knew she has upset the girl.

”Oppa, you are not dead?” Yerin asks, still in shocked. 

Yerin’s question is shocking not only Handyman Oppa, but also Mi Soo and Dr. Ahn who is still standing in front of the door shocked by what just happened as soon as they step into the apartment. Just as the door swings open, SinB looks at Handyman Oppa for three seconds before throwing a portable handphone charger at full force. The black square metal thing hits Handyman Oppa’s forehead at full speed. The two women were taken aback, froze there while Handyman Oppa ran towards SinB and hugged the girl.

”What are you talking, Yerin-ssi?” Dr. Ahn asks, finally snapped out of her stupor.

”We tried calling oppa but couldn’t get through. We went to the ward. The nurse said oppa is no longer with us. We thought oppa had died.”

”What?!” Dr. Ahn and Mi Soo both gasped in shocked. ”Shoot!” Mi Soo sighs when she looks at Handyman Oppa’s office phone that she turned off this morning because she doesn’t want the office calling them on their day off. 

”Her phone was dead. We went out fishing this morning after the check-up...” Dr. Ahn said as she approaches the two people hugging in the living room. Ironically, Handyman Oppa was hit by a portable phone charger. Dr. Ahn wanted to laugh at the irony, but holds it in.

”Bi...I’m here. I didn’t leave you. I will never. I’m sorry.” Handyman Oppa with her cajoling voice whispers in SinB’s ear.

”Oppa...your head...your head is bleeding, oppa!” Sowon screams at Handyman Oppa frantically as soon as she saw the crimson red liquid is flowing from the woman’s forehead.

SinB pulls away from Handyman Oppa’s body and looks up. Then Handyman Oppa pulls her close again, holding her tightly. She tries to push her back but just like before the woman is too strong.

”You are bleeding! Let me go!” SinB shouting in between her sobbing and punching the person who is holding her close.

”Hey, D. Let’s take care of that cut first.” Dr. Ahn taps Handyman Oppa’s shoulder and pulls her arm gingerly. Handyman Oppa finally lets go of SinB and trudges to the bathroom to wash the blood off her face. Her friend follows her.

”Where’s your bag?” Dr. Ahn asks her friend who understands perfectly the bag she is referring to. 

”In the office,” Handyman Oppa said as she enters the bathroom.

”What kind of storm hits your office?!” Dr. Ahn shouted at the woman who already disappears into the bathroom when she sees the room that has been ransacked by Sowon earlier. She looks for her friend’s medical bag or doctor’s bag as some called it that stores medical necessities including gloves, sutures, needles, gauzes and some drugs which she may not need. She found the black bag after searching under the table and brings it to the bathroom.

”Mi Soo unnie?” Sowon looks at the woman who is now in the kitchen after goes in and out of it twice, carrying two iceboxes and a few plastic bags.

”I’m not sure how did the nurse said it but your oppa is definitely not dead. I’ll ask Dr. Ahn to talk to the nurse tomorrow,” said Mi Soo.

”Where were you and oppa the whole day? We tried calling oppa’s phone and the other phone too.” Sowon asks, helping the woman unpacking the plastic bags that are filled with groceries.

”Prof. ask Dr. Ahn and me to go fishing with her after the check-up. She wanted to cook a feast for you girls tomorrow as a thank you for taking care of her these past months and because you have worked hard non-stop since the start of the year. She got Korean beef, chicken from the farm and lots of vegetables. She caught an icebox full of various fish. It was supposed to be a surprise tomorrow, but I guess we are eating fish stew tonight? Is that okay with you girls? That’s the only food I think I’m confident enough to cook and feed you girls.” Mi Soo explains as she puts the vegetables into the fridge.

”Why did oppa turn off her phone?” Umji asks, joining Sowon and Mi Soo in the kitchen. 

”Her phone died when we were in the car. She forgot her charger yesterday. And I turned off the office’s phone so they won’t bother us on our day off. I’m sorry, girls. I didn’t know you are going to try and reach her.” Mi Soo smiles apologetically at the girls.

”Anyway...why did you girls look for your oppa?” Mi Soo asks as she starts preparing the ingredients for the stew.

”We recorded a song and it’s a bit sad. We were worried about oppa, tried calling oppa but couldn’t get her through. So that’s why we decided to go to the hospital,” Sowon explained.

Handyman Oppa gets out of the bathroom with her forehead all stitched up. Dr. Ahn closely trails behind her. Umji and Yuju are helping Mi Soo in the kitchen, Yerin is hugging and calming SinB on the couch, while Sowon is nowhere to be found.

”You!” Sowon suddenly appears from the master bedroom, half-screamed at Handyman Oppa.

”Go and talk to my girlfriend,” Sowon commanded. Handyman Oppa gladly follows and walks to her bedroom.

”Unnie, did you remove all the things from the room, Eunha unnie might thro-”

Bam!

”-ow something at oppa...” Umji grimace as she sees the alarm clock flying at Handyman Oppa but luckily the older woman manage to avoid it.

”Well, I guess it’s too late. And oppa deserves it,” said Sowon nonchalantly.

”I’ll hold onto this bag for a bit longer, D. Just in case. At this rate, you might need another stitch.” Dr. Ahn grins at Handyman Oppa before sitting down on the stool at the kitchen counter.

**

”Eunha-yang...?” Handyman Oppa slowly opens the door and peek through the opening. 

Eunha is lying on the bed. Handyman Oppa slowly slides into the room after she is sure Eunha is not going to throw something else at her. Eunha doesn’t say anything but Handyman Oppa could hear the petite girl sobbing. Eunha buries her face under the pillow, not even looking at Handyman Oppa when the woman approaches her and calls her name.

”Eunha...” Handyman Oppa calls the girl’s name once again. Eunha ignores her.

Handyman Oppa slowly climbs on the bed. She lies on the bed next to Eunha. Slowly, she lifts the girl’s head and slides her shoulder underneath it. She wraps her free arm around Eunha’s body and pulls her closer. She takes Eunha’s arm and wraps it around her body. Handyman Oppa kisses the top of Eunha’s head tenderly while caressing the girl’s shoulder lovingly. She just lies there quietly, caressing the crying girl.

”Don’t die on me, oppa...” said Eunha when her crying subsides.

”You are on me right now, Eunha-yang. If I die right now, you are on top of me,” Handyman Oppa joked as Eunha is really on top of her.

She just slipped her arm under Eunha at first, but then Eunha moves and ends up lying on top of her. As unusual and unbelievable it is, this is their typical position when they are lying in bed. Handyman Oppa’s solid body is Eunha’s bed instead of the bed itself. 

”Ouch, it hurts. It hurts. Apa. Neomu apa,” cried Handyman Oppa, rubbing her tummy that Eunha just pinched.

”You know what? Die. Go and die. See if I care,” Eunha gets off Handyman Oppa and lies on the bed, back facing the older woman.

”Can I not? I still want to live this life with you and SinB and the girls...” Handyman Oppa moves closer to Eunha, wrapping her arm over the petite girl’s body.

”Tch. Want to be with us! You just left us without saying anything today. We thought you died, you know that?!” screamed Eunha while stiffening her body that is being held close by Handyman Oppa from the back.

”I just went fishing. But even if I die, how can I tell you? I’m dead, I don’t think I can use the phone...” Handyman Oppa joked again.

”Go on. Keep joking. Keep joking. If I beat you to death right now, it will be easier and you don’t have to tell me because I will know it myself.” Eunha threatened as she elbows the woman behind her.

”Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I love you. Please forgive me. I promise you, next time I will let you know before I die. Okay?” Handyman Oppa keeps joking with Eunha who was sad and now upset.

Eunha turns around abruptly, gets on Handyman Oppa’s body and begins attacking the woman with punches. Handyman Oppa lets her. Eunha throws couple of punches, smacking and slapping the oppa’s stomach and shoulders before finally stops and stares at Handyman Oppa with her red, slightly swollen eyes.

”Are you done?” Handyman Oppa asks and Eunha immediately hugs her and buries her head in the crook of Handyman Oppa’s neck. 

”Stop making me worry, will you?” Eunha asks in a low and sad tone.

”I’m sorry I made you worry. I won’t do it again. Oppa mian. Do you forgive me?” Handyman Oppa the girl’s spine softly, calming the girl down. Eunha shakes her head.

”Okay, be mad at oppa for a little bit more. But, stop crying, can you do that? Your eyes are going to be so big tomorrow morning if you keep crying. Okay?” Eunha nods her head that is still buried in between Handyman Oppa’s shoulder and neck. Handyman Oppa ruffles Eunha’s hair a bit and they stay in that position in silence, yet again.

After five minutes, Eunha finally looks up at Handyman Oppa. The woman fell asleep while cuddling her just now. Eunha studies Handyman Oppa’s newly stitched cut on the forehead. Suddenly a guilty feeling is creeping up her heart. She knew the cut wasn’t from the alarm clock that she threw at Handyman Oppa, but she still might get another cut had the clock hits her. Eunha caresses the cut tenderly and with much caution fearing it will hurt the woman. Her eyes then travel down to the pot buried under the skin at Handyman Oppa’s right chest. She caresses the area gingerly.

”It’s okay. It doesn’t hurt. I’m going to have another surgery to remove it,” Handyman Oppa caresses Eunha’s hand that is resting on top of the pot.

”So, are you okay now? What did your doctor say?” Eunha asks as she gets off the woman’s body and sits next to Handyman Oppa.

”It’s gone for now. I don’t need to continue the chemo, but I’m going to have a regular check-up, once a month for a year. They need to monitor them. Sometimes the cancer can travel to other places,” Handyman Oppa pulls herself up and leans against the headboard next to Eunha. Eunha sighs in relief.

**

Handyman Oppa gets off the phone with Gfriend’s CEO and chief manager. She gets their permission to let the girls stay the night and as usual the two men give their permission without a fuss. Mi Soo cooked them a nice dinner with the help of Umji, Yuju and Sowon. The nine of them had dinner together before Mi Soo left with Dr. Ahn. Handyman Oppa already told the girls the results of her scan during dinner earlier and apologised for making them worry. Now, the girls already retreated to the bedroom after she insisted that she will sleep on the couch and it would be as comfortable as sleeping in a bed for her because she loves the couch.

Her phone that is now fully charged, buzzes. She looks at the screen and finds it strange because she just received a new text message from Yerin. The girl is in a room that is just a few steps from her sends a text message to her. She opens the text and reads it. A heavy sighs escapes . She gets off the couch and goes to the kitchen to turn off the stove as her water is boiled already. Handyman Oppa takes two mugs from the cabinet. She mixes the hot chocolate powder in one mug and a hot black tea in another. 

Handyman Oppa sits at her favourite spot in the apartment, the balcony. She strums her guitar as she stares at the night sky. She stops and takes a sip of her still hot black tea when the sliding door behind her slides open. A beautiful figure that she loves the most takes a seat next to her. Handyman Oppa puts the guitar on the vacant chair on her left and pulls the chair on her right slightly for the girl to sit. She takes the mug of hot chocolate that she placed in the middle of the table and puts them in closer to the table’s edge in front of the girl.

SinB takes a sip of the hot chocolate and sits there in silence. She steals a quick glance over her shoulder and sees Handyman Oppa is staring at the night sky while sipping her favourite drinks.

”Oppa...” SinB calls the person sitting next to her. Handyman Oppa hums in response.

”Can I ask you something? I’ve been meaning to ask you this.” SinB turns to her side and looks at Handyman Oppa. The woman keeps staring at the sky, hums her response, yet again. 

”Can you please look at me when I’m talking to you?” SinB said, irritated with Handyman Oppa who is refusing to look at her. The woman turns and meets her eyes, the eyes that are beaming love from them ever since the first time SinB met this person. SinB swallows hard and takes a deep breath before asking Handyman Oppa the one and only question she has been meaning to ask her.

”Do you love me?” SinB asks with her eyes are still looking at Handyman Oppa’s face, waiting for the oppa to answer. She is a bit shy actually to look at Handyman Oppa’s face but she wants to make sure the answer is the truth and not a lie because she knows how good this person can lie.

”With all of my heart, from the first day I met you,” Handyman Oppa said truthfully and flashes a warm, loving smile at SinB. Handyman Oppa received a text from Yerin earlier and the girl told her SinB is going to have a talk with her and reminded her to do what she promised her a while ago. So, to her dismay, Handyman Oppa just answered SinB’s question truthfully. She slips her right hand in her pant’s pocket. She puts the velvet pouch that she retrieves from her pocket just now in front of SinB.

Handyman Oppa pushes her chair back a bit and takes the guitar. She holds it and starts strumming. She always uses songs to convey her heart’s content or something emotional because she feels the lyrics of the song perfectly tells what she wanted to say. And it is easier to just sing than say them in words.

Handyman Oppa plays the guitar and sings the song that she decided to sing to SinB when she is going to propose to her. The song is sung by Brett Young titled, ’in case you didn’t know’. 

 

🎶I can’t count the times
I almost said what's on my mind
But I didn't
Just the other day
I wrote down all the things I'd say
But I couldn't
I just couldn't
Baby I know that you've been wondering
Mmm, so here goes nothing
 
In case you didn't know
Baby I'm crazy about you
And I would be lying if I said
That I could live this life without you
Even though I don't tell you all the time
You had my heart at long, long time ago
In case you didn't know
 
The way you look tonight
That second glass of wine
That did it, mmm
There was something about that kiss
Girl it did me in
Got me thinking
I'm thinking
One of the things that I've been feeling
Mmm it's time you here 'em
 
In case you didn't know
Baby I'm crazy 'bout you
And I would be lying if I said
That I could live this life without you
Even though I don't tell you all the time
You had my heart at long, long time ago
In case you didn't know
 
You've got all of me
I belong to you
Yeah you're my everything
 
In case you didn't know
I'm crazy 'bout you
I would be lying if I said
That I could live this life without you
Even though I don't tell you all the time
You had my heart at long, long time ago
Yeah you had my heart long, long time ago
Mmm, in case you didn't know
In case you didn’t know🎶

 

SinB’s tears trickling down her cheeks. She took out the content of the velvet pouch in front of her when Handyman Oppa began strumming her guitar. There was a thin necklace with a ring attached to it. SinB keeps staring at the ring. The open-ended infinity loop metal ring with her real name, Eunbi and a date back in 2016 are engraved in the inner part of the loop. Handyman Oppa sang her heart out next to SinB while staring lovingly at the girl who is the owner of her heart now.

”I was going to sing the song and gives you the ring when I propose to you...I do, I love you and I knew it from the first time I lay my eyes on you that day when we met during your shooting with Mamamoo. I went back to Japan made the ring the next day.” Handyman Oppa said as she smiles lovingly at SinB.

”Why didn’t you?” SinB asks. Although the question is unclear, Handyman Oppa understands it perfectly.

”I planned to. A year after that date on the ring. But, I was sick and I don’t want to burden you with it. And never got to do it because Yerin already proposed to you.” 

”You stopped loving me ever since? You don’t look like you were bothered by our relationship...” SinB manages to ask the heart-wrenching question.

”No. I love you. I have always love you. Still do. And will always be.” Handyman Oppa smiles, a sweet smile but a sad expression is evident in her eyes. Handyman Oppa strums her guitar again. The song she always had to sing and listen ever since she knew about it ten years ago. The song was made famous by Rascal Flatts but she always loves the one that the songwriter’s version the best. She always listens to the song, ’what hurts the most’ by Jeffrey Steele. The man sings it while playing his guitar. The same as what she is about to do right now.

🎶 I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m OK
But that’s not what gets me

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do

It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I’m doin’ It
It’s hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I’m alone
Still harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say 
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do, oh.

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say 
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was trying to do🎶

SinB cries never ceased. Even after Handyman Oppa stops singing, she continues to cry. And for the first time, SinB sees Handyman Oppa shed some tears. The older woman cries silently as she stares at the night sky. The two sit there without a word and just let their eyes wander aimlessly at the plain, starless, pitch black sky. The moon is hiding behind the thick cloud. The sky is somewhat depicting Handyman Oppa’s heart right now. After about half an hour, Handyman Oppa takes a deep breath and turns to SinB.

”You should go to bed, SinB. It’s late.” Handyman Oppa said as she the girl’s head tenderly while smiling warmly. SinB’s mouth moves like she wants to say something but nothing comes out. 

”I will never leave you, I promise,” Handyman Oppa said as she stands up and holds out her hand to the girl. SinB takes her hand and stands up. She stares at the ring and the necklace on the table.

Handyman Oppa could guess what is playing in the younger girl’s mind. She starts walking, softly dragging SinB with her as the girl is contemplating whether to take the ring or not. Handyman Oppa moves as swiftly as she can but pretty quick that SinB didn’t get the chance to take the ring. It would be better this way because SinB is already Yerin’s girlfriend, it wouldn’t be right for her to hold onto that ring.

Handyman Oppa walks SinB to the master bedroom where she is going to sleep with Yerin and Umji tonight. She kisses SinB’s forehead tenderly.

”Good night, Bi. Sleep tight, sweet dreams.” 

She opens the door for SinB and gestures the girl to get in the room. SinB stares at Handyman Oppa and places her hand on the side of the woman’s face, brushing her thumbs softly against the woman’s cheeks. Handyman Oppa smiles at SinB. SinB smiles back and turns around to head to the bed.

***

”I thought your company subscribes all the channel?” Handyman Oppa leans against the kitchen sinks while waiting for the water to boil.

”The kids just like to watch the drama with you, oppa. Plus, our song is going to be played on this episode. You are going to hear it for the first time, they wanted to be with you,” the skinny and tall girl who is doing the same thing as Handyman Oppa said as she looks at a bunch of girls sitting on the couch, excitingly chatting with one another.

”Are you ever going to find a new love oppa?” asked the shortest girl among the three of them who are in the kitchen right now.

”Never. SinB is my last love. But if you want to leave your giraffe girlfriend and marry me, I guess I’m game,” Handyman Oppa wraps her arms around Eunha’s waist and pulls the petite girl closer to her until their body touches one another.

”Attempting offer. But I love her and I don’t know if she is okay with sharing me with you. I know you don’t mind, but not sure if she is, so...” said Eunha, smiling cheekily.

”Please don’t talk about this like I’m not here, will you. And stop playing about something as serious as this. No. I am not okay with sharing my girlfriend with you, or anyone else, oppa. Just find yourself a girlfriend or a wife and stops hovering my girlfriend. You are not sick anymore, why do Eunha still have to visit you all the time?” Sowon pulls Eunha out of Handyman Oppa’s embrace and back hugging her girlfriend tightly, kissing her head continuously.

”I thought you are ’yeojachingu’. That means girlfriend, doesn’t it?” 

”Not yours. She is mine!” Sowon scoffs. Eunha chuckles as she intertwine her fingers with Sowon’s.

”Oh, and didn’t Eunha tell you? I’m heartbroken, so, technically, I’m still sick. So, my Eunha-yang still has to take care of me,” Handyman Oppa said as she tries to reach for Eunha’s hand.

Sowon smacks Handyman Oppa’s hand hard.

”That’s not a sickness. Keep your hands off my girlfriend, you ert old man! I’m here, can’t you see?”

Handyman Oppa just laughs at Sowon’s jealous act. The girl hasn’t changed much, she still gets easily jealous whenever she is around Eunha, so she likes to . 

”Oppa! Unnie! Hurry up, the drama is starting. Can’t wait to see what Kim biseo is going to do tonight.” Yuju calls the three from the living room. 

Handyman Oppa smiles back at Yuju, nodding her head. Yuju smiles back before turning and cuddles with her soon-to-be-girlfriend, Umji. Handyman Oppa looks at the couple cuddling next to her and gestures them to go and join the girls in the living room.

”I need my tea. I’ll join you girls in a bit.” 

Sowon and Eunha both smile at the woman and leave the kitchen, joining the four girls in the living room. They are waiting for the drama ’What is wrong with secretary Kim?’ to start. This episode will be the first time people will get to listen to the OST, ’Wanna be’ that they sing as a group. 

Handyman Oppa made herself a hot black tea. She leans against the kitchen sink, staring at the living room. Three couples are cuddling with their girlfriends excitedly waiting in front of the TV. There are the tallest and smallest couple, Sowon and Eunha; the cheerful and the tsundere couple, Yerin and SinB; and the alien couple who still hasn’t been official, who were part of the ’loser club’ that they originally formed and forced Handyman Oppa to be a part of, Yuju and Umji. Handyman Oppa smiles, takes a deep breath and joins the girls. She sits on the floor, in front of the couch, sitting in between SinB’s and Eunha’s leg, sipping her tea while watching the drama.

***The end***

Thank you.