Thank you for being a clear summer rain

Do you love me?

[Six weeks ago]

”Oppa will pick me up this evening and drop me at the event’s location tomorrow. Uhh...I’m going to shower my Sowonnie with love today so she is not going to miss me too much tonight,” Eunha said as she presses her lips on Sowon’s.

The happy couple engage in delicate, loving, long kisses. After they break away from the kiss, they still sit in the same position. Eunha’s bottom in between Sowon’s thighs, leaning the side of her body onto Sowon’s body with her arms wrapping around the tallest girl’s waist. Sowon holds the petite girl close to her and plays with Eunha’s fingers, kissing her girlfriend’s head and talk about their schedule and trivial things.

”Are you going to oppa’s tonight, unnie?” Umji asks Eunha who is playing with Sowon’s fingers while sitting in between the older girl’s legs. Eunha looks at Umji and nods her head, smiling brightly at the youngest girl.

”Uhh, that means she is not busy. I’m going to ask oppa to go out for dinner tomorrow,” Umji fishes out her phone from her pocket and starts dialling. While waiting for the woman to pick up the phone, Yuju joins them in the living room, ”Yuju unnie, let’s go out for dinner with oppa tomorrow night. Eunha unnie is spending the night there tonight.” Yuju smiles at the girl and gives her a thumbs up.

SinB looks at Yerin with hopeful eyes that they both understand the meaning behind it. SinB is silently telling Yerin that Eunha can spend the night at oppa’s and Sowon allows her girlfriend to. With her eyes, SinB silently asks her girlfriend permission to go and meet Handyman Oppa just like the others are doing. Yerin flashed a dark look at SinB, a look that says ’we have talked about it, no, now don’t make me repeat myself’. SinB sighs.

SinB is sure that is what Yerin is saying to her through her dark gaze because those were the exact words her girlfriend said to her whenever she asked Yerin about it. And when she asks Yerin the reason, the older girl said she is her girlfriend and she should not hangs out with other people. Then, they will fight. SinB would say oppa is just her friend and also Yerin’s as well as the other girls. Yerin would respond with she can go out with SinB whenever she wants to and do whatever she wants.

The fight will definitely include SinB texting and calling the older woman as usual even after they got together. Surely SinB will also drag the issue of Yerin being friendly, flirty and always hugging and kissing other people. The vicious cycle of fighting over the same thing repeats itself at least biweekly.

”Hello oppa, you are free tomorrow right?” Umji puts the call on speaker when Sowon indicates her to.

”Hello my babymuji. Wae?” 

”Pick me and Yuju unnie after work and let’s go out for dinner. Please?” Umji says it cutely.

”Pretty please or just please?”

”Pweety pweeaseee...?” Umji chuckles upon hearing herself. 

”Okay bebeh. I’ll pick you two after work. The same place I’ll be dropping Eunha tomorrow?” 

”Yes.”

”Oppa!” called Sowon.

”Yes. I know. Take care of your bunny. Don’t do anything funny. Pay for everything. Don’t be late. Don’t stay up too late-”

Sowon rolls her eyes before cutting the older woman mid-sentence, ”good that you know all that. But, no. That’s not what I was going to say. Can you get dinner for us before you come and get Eunha later?”

”Sure. What do you girls want?” 

”I don’t know. Up to you.” Sowon answers, shrugging her shoulders while looking at the rest of the member who does the same.

”I don’t know. Bi, what do you want for dinner?”

”Umm...I don’t know. Ask Yerin unnie,” SinB looks at Yerin shortly before looks back down on her handphone, not wanting to have yet another confrontation with her girlfriend.

”Yerin? Don’t tell me don’t know too. You know what, you girls have a lot of time to think about it. Just text me when you know what you want. Okay? I’ll see you later. Bye.” 

”Bye.” All the girls say in unison except SinB.

**

[4 weeks ago]

”Oppa, let’s go out for a drink,” said Yerin as soon as Handyman Oppa picks up her call.

”Now? Don’t you think it’s too early to start drinking?”

Yerin shakes her head rapidly when the thought of drinking that Handyman Oppa implied sounds appealing to her. She needs to be sober today, she can’t do that.

”No. Not that. Coffee. Juice. Anything.” 

”Ohh. Are you at home or the company?” the woman on the line asks.

”At home. But, we can meet at the cafe somewhere.” Yerin suggested as she knows Handyman Oppa is probably working, so it would be easier to meet somewhere rather than the oppa drives all the way here and pick her up.

”Okay. Text me the name of the cafe. Are we leaving now or later?” 

”Do you have work to do?” Yerin asks warily.

”No-no. It’s okay. I just got everything done. So, I’ll just leave now and we’ll meet at the cafe.” 

”Okay. I’ll text you the name of the cafe. Bye.” Yerin ends the call and starts typing the name of the cafe she is going to meet the woman. 

Yerin is already dressed, she calls the taxi and leaves the dorm. No one is at home, she was the first to come back from her parents’ house, everyone else is going to come back this evening. 

When Yerin arrived at the cafe, Handyman Oppa is still en route from her office to the cafe but it is not too far. Yerin orders an iced americano for her and a hot black tea for Handyman Oppa. She gets them a plate of various sandwiches as well. Yerin waits patiently and nervously for Handyman Oppa to arrive. 

The woman arrives just as their orders got to their table. Yerin chose a table at the corner, a bit far from the other customers. She doesn’t want people to overhear their conversation as it might be a problem for her. After exchanging pleasantries, they each drink their drinks and eat the sandwich in silence.

”Oppa...” Yerin starts the conversation after finishing her sandwich. The woman just hums her response and sips on her second cup of tea that she just ordered.

”What did you do with Eunha?” Yerin asks the woman who still eating the food she ordered.

”When?”

”When she spends the night at your apartment. Or when you went out. What did you two do? If you went out with SinB, what did you do?”

”The last time...I picked Eunha up after the event, we went to the mall and had dinner. Then, Eunha bought something, shirts or something for her and Sowon I think, couldn’t remember. We went home, washed up and sleep. Next morning, we had breakfast at home and I dropped her at the event’s location. SinB, pretty much the same. Go to the mall, eat, shopping and she usually buys things for you and herself. She doesn’t spend the night often, I think probably once or twice or maybe never, don’t remember. If Eunha and SinB are not sleepy, we usually watch TV before bed. Pretty much the same if you girls come to my house.”

”Ohh,” Yerin nods her head. Handyman Oppa drinks her tea and excuses herself to the toilet after ordering another drink.

Yerin just looks in confusion. Why is this woman drinking so much and goes to the toilet. She knows Handyman Oppa likes to drink tea but it makes you want to pee, yet the woman is ordering another one before she goes to the toilet. Yerin just shakes her head thinking that the oppa can be a weirdo. 

”Have you ever thought about what is going to happen when she chooses one of us?” Yerin asks in all seriousness.

Handyman Oppa stares at the cup she is holding for a moment, thinking before she nods her head, responding to Yerin’s question.

”What would you do?” Yerin asks but her question is unclear so Handyman Oppa just stares at her questioningly.

”Hypothetically, what would you do if she chooses me instead of you?” Yerin asks, this time clearly indicate the outcome of her pretend hypothetical question. 

”Just stay the same? I mean...what is there to do? Oh, probably wither and die? Hahaha” Handyman Oppa laughs alone while Yerin just stares vacantly at the woman. Yerin could feel that the older woman is not taking this seriously when she heard her laughing at her own unfunny joke.

”I’m serious, oppa. What would you do? I thought you said you’re going to respect the boundary. What does that even mean, staying the same but respecting the boundary?”

”Well...SinB and I are friends. So, I’ll just be the same friend as I am. Help her when she needs me, be there for her, talk to her, text her as usual. Like what I’m doing with you and the other girls. Respecting the boundary...hmm...well, I didn’t do anything out of line with her before, so... Uh, wait. We did kiss. No. I pressed my lips against her lips. She didn’t do anything, well, she did something. She slapped me hard. So, I don’t think it counts. Hugging, we rarely hug. Even if we do, I don’t think that’s a problem. You girls hug each other and hug me sometimes. I don’t think anything would change then?” Handyman Oppa explains in detail.

”Are you going to keep texting her, calling her, going out with her?” Yerin asks, sounding a bit annoyed.

”Yes. Yes. And yes. Why?” Handyman Oppa nods her head as she wears a puzzled look on her face, staring at Yerin.

”You can’t keep doing that when she is already someone’s girlfriend!” Yerin burst out in anger.

”She and I are friends. Those are normal things people do with friends. We are doing it too, Yerin-ah,” reasoned Handyman Oppa.

”Well, we don’t have feelings for each other. That’s totally different,” retorted Yerin.

”I think it’s the same. Even now, I didn’t text or call her or said to her things about choosing me over you. And if she chooses you, that means she loves you, perhaps loves you more than she loves me. So, that is that. Wouldn’t change anything if we continue being friends.”

”How would I know you wouldn’t say anything to her or courts her?” Yerin asks, still a tad angry.

”I told you I’ll respect the boundary. And I never said anything to belittle you at SinB even when we are fighting over her. I’m not that sly, Yerin. If she chooses you, then she chooses you because she loves you. I have to respect that. I respect her decision. But I will continue being her friend.”

”So, you will keep texting and calling her?” Yerin asks, annoyed with the older woman stubbornness. Handyman Oppa nods her head calmly, like nothing she does or says is wrong which only fueled the anger in Yerin. Yerin almost said that SinB and her are dating now, the words are already at the tip of her tongue, but she remembers that they haven’t told anyone and would like the members to be the first to know. Yerin clasped her lips.

”Can you stop texting and calling her like usual,” said Yerin blatantly.

”If she chooses you, I respect your wishes. But, I can’t say yes or no to that. I’m texting and calling her, so I can’t just stop because you tell me so. She has the right to make her own decision, what she wants to do. If she asks me not to, I’ll respect her wishes and do what she asks me to. C’mon, I don’t think once someone is dating they should stop being friends with their friend. I am not a wicked and unscrupulous person, I’ll be texting her as a friend, just like how I texted you girls.” Handyman Oppa said, looking a bit hurt with Yerin’s behaviour towards her. 

”Oh, that’s how. Okay, I understand,” Yerin mumbles to herself, not sure if the woman heard her or not. Probably not, because Handyman Oppa just continues sipping her tea and order yet another one.

Yerin still can’t shake her mind off thinking she might lose her girlfriend to this woman sitting in front of her, back to her typical expressionless face, sipping her fourth cup of tea. It keeps playing in her mind, the words slip out of Yerin’s mouth unconsciously, rather harshly that even Yerin is surprised herself. ”But you will still wait for her.”

Unfazed with Yerin’s sudden blurts, Handyman Oppa said in a controlled solemn tone, ”yes. Nothing can be done with that. Waiting for her doesn’t mean I want to break her relationship apart. Seriously, Yerin. I still have my conscience intact. Heck, I might even help you with things. She deserves to be loved by a good, capable person who loves her and takes care of her the best you can.” 

**

[3 weeks ago]

SinB plugs in her earphones, playing the same song on repeat ever since last night. She and Yerin yet again, had a fight two nights ago. Only this time, they have made a decision that should make a stop to all of their fights. SinB has been listening to Urban Zakappa’s song, ’I don’t love you’ to indoctrinate herself with it.

🎶What should I say?
Where do I start?
I’m only hanging my head
You’re looking at me
In this awkward silence

I don’t love you
I’m sure you already know
Even when I see you shedding tears
My heart doesn’t ache anymore

I don’t love you
There’s no other reason
I don’t even want to say
I’m sorry or forgive me

That’s all
This is how I really feel
I don’t love you
I don’t love you

I don’t love you
I’m sure you already know
Even when I see you shedding tears
My heart doesn’t ache anymore

I don’t love you
There’s no other reason
I don’t even want to say
I’m sorry or forgive me

That’s all
This is how I really feel
I don’t love you
I don’t love you

I don’t love you
There’s no other reason
I don’t even want to say
I’m sorry or forgive me

That’s all
This is how I really feel
I don’t love you
I don’t love you 
🎶

She keeps repeating the words to herself. SinB have to convince herself of the idea conveys in the song because Yerin and her had come to a decision. She did agree with Yerin, but that doesn’t mean it is less difficult for her. She didn’t agree on it wholeheartedly. SinB tried to reason with her girlfriend, discussed it, convinced Yerin but everything fails. SinB never thought it would come to this but she and Yerin are fighting a lot more than before they were together romantically. So, as much as it pained her, SinB decided that this probably the best. Probably. She knew it’s not. But, it is unbearable to constantly fight. 

For the nth time, she blinks her eyes rapidly to prevent the tears from escaping. When she started listening to the song, she can’t help but cried her heart out. She listened to the song and cried herself to sleep last night. Today she manages not to cry as hard as she did last night. She continues to listen to the song. She needs to continue, she needs to numb herself from this feeling. Then, perhaps she could fool herself into believing that. This is the only thing she could say if she was asked why - I don’t love you. 

SinB sits on the couch with her earphones plugged in and the TV is on. They don’t have any practice today. It’s the last weekend of their short break before starts promoting Gfriend’s new song, Summer Rain from their new repackaged EP album ’Rainbow’. When she was recording the song and shoot the music video, she didn’t know that she would be living it.

”Thank you for being a clear summer rain,” SinB clenched her t-shirt at the chest, hanging her head low and without her permission, the tears trickle down her cheeks.

SinB scrolls up and rereads the text messages she exchanged with Handyman Oppa a few months ago. The night after she went out with the oppa, the day after Yerin first proposed to her. 

SB: Oppa, do you remember my friend that I told you before?

HO: which one? 

SB: The one who thinks she likes two people.

HO: aahh. Why? Did she choose one already?

SB: No, not yet. She is trying to choose one, I guess? I don’t know. She asks how to choose one? She doesn’t know how to.

HO: which one she loves more, she could choose that one.

SB: How would she know?

HO: emm...that’s kind of tricky to answer. I don’t know? Someone she would be more happy with? Or she could not forget the person even for a second? She is sad if they are not together? I don’t know. I don’t think there’s a guideline for it. I guess we just know? Our heart just know?

SB: What if the one she didn’t choose loves her more than the person she chose?

HO: I guess that’s beyond our power? Some say it’s better to choose the one that loves us more than we love them. But...I don’t know, how are you going to live with the one that you love less? I guess it’s better for her to choose someone that she loves more between the two people. She needs to think about herself, not about the other person. And, if we love them, we will do our best for them. Probably if she chooses that person, that person who loves her can love her even more after that than the other one that she didn’t choose. 

HO: when we really love someone, we somehow understand that person, we accept what that person does, all their decision even if they don’t choose to be with us. We would do everything for that person to see that person happy.

SB: How would you know she is happy when she didn’t choose you?

HO: I’ll stay close to her. I’ll still be her friends. That’s what I will do. I am not sure if this is the same case with the people in your friend’s case. Probably that person will do like that. Hopefully.

SB: You will?

HO: Yeah

Last night too, she reread the messages and it helps her ease into the decision that Yerin and her agreed upon. Although it was mostly Yerin’s words and she did nothing but weakly forced her head to nod, in the end, it is what they come to an agreement after a few weeks.

Yerin sits next to SinB on the couch. SinB acknowledges her girlfriend’s presence by holding Yerin’s hand that is caressing her thigh and squeezes it a bit. She didn’t look at the girl’s face, keeps pretending to watch the TV although her face clearly shows she is just staring vacantly at the TV. Yerin takes out an earphone from her ear and puts it in her ear. SinB doesn’t stop her or change the song, she just let the older girl listen to what she is listening. After the song finishes and before it repeats, Yerin takes off the earphone. The girl looks at her intently but SinB just keeps her head straight towards the front.

”Why that song?” Yerin asks, irritatedly at it.

”Yerin, we had decided last night, didn’t we? I still have few weeks to prepare myself,” SinB said, coldly. Perhaps, she has successfully numbed her heart pertaining to the decision. Yerin looks at her and nods her head without saying anything.

Yerin sits beside SinB, they didn’t say anything. SinB puts back the earphone she just takes out from her ear a while ago. They both stare vacantly at the TV. They didn’t say anything but their hands are clasped together tightly. Yerin steals a glance at her girlfriend’s face, there’s a ray of pain and sadness in her puffy red eyes. Yerin knew SinB must have cried for hours for her eyes to be like that. It is painful for her to watch the girl like that, but, she thinks it is for the best, for them. Yerin knows with time, SinB will be healed from this decision that obviously hurting her and she will always be there for SinB along the way. This is the best and she will do anything she can because she loves SinB.

***

”Everyone, I- we... SinB and I have something to tell you guys,” Yerin stutters and she swallows a big lump that is stuck in . She takes a deep breath and absentmindedly scratches her nape. Yerin tries again after taking a deep breath.

”SinB and I...” 

Yerin looks at SinB lovingly and smiles. The girl smiles back at her with the same intensity and probably sweeter than hers. SinB puts her hand on hers that is currently clenching the spoon on the table and caresses it softly and reassuringly. Yerin smiles and nods her head at SinB, closing her eyes to get the final courage she needed.

”SinB and I, we are seeing each other. We love each other romantically. I proposed to her and she said yes. SinB is my girlfriend.” Yerin exhales, and she smiles. She bends and leans forward SinB’s face, they engage in a chaste kiss on the lips. Now SinB has joined her, standing at the edge of the dining table, one hand intertwined with hers while the other is held up to show the ring on her ring finger.

”Really?” Sowon asks excitedly.

”Tell us everything. Don’t spare any details,” Eunha exclaims, clapping her hands happily.

”Emm...I asked her before we went to Japan. And asked her again when we shoot Love Whisper music video. She said yes,” said Yerin proudly while SinB hangs her head low as her face is getting redder, a bit embarrassed with the statement.

”Woah! That’s like months ago! Why didn’t you tell us?!” Eunha smacks Yerin’s shoulder before taking SinB’s hand in hers to look at the ring closely.

”Emm...we...we were busy with promoting and all. So, didn’t have a time to tell you guys. Are you mad that we kept it a secret?” Yerin asks still wary of the reaction from her fellow members.

”Is that why you cooked for us tonight, unnie? So we can’t be mad at you? Tsk.”Yuju bursts out before laughing and shaking her head saying she is not mad when Yerin got all flustered.

”You shouldn’t keep a secret, unnie! Of course we are happy for you two,” Umji finally said. She had been mustering her courage to feign an enthusiastic tone after hearing Yerin’s announcement. She is not surprised as she has been suspecting something, but that doesn’t make it less hurtful for her. Umji looks at Yuju to see how the older girl is taking the news they both had prepared themselves for weeks.

”Yeah! Looks like we are the losers in this house, Umji,” Yuju replies Umji’s concern look with a joke to comfort herself and covers her sadness.

”Looks like it, unnie. Urghh...I don’t think I’m ready to see SinB being all cute and lovey-dovey.” Umji said teasingly, shaking her body rigorously pretending to be trembling with fear.

”Yah! Yewon-ah! I’m not like that. I’m still the cool SinB!” retorted SinB.

”Yeah right! You were so soft just now, kissing Yerin unnie and get all shy,” Umji sticks out her tongue at SinB who just hiss at her and smacks her arm with a red as a beetroot’s face.

Sowon smiles as she looks at the playful banters between the two youngest girls in their group. She looks lovingly at Eunha who is still examining the ring on SinB’s fingers. The ring. That brings something to Sowon’s mind.

”So, that’s why you bought the ring, Yerin-ah? To propose to SinB? Uhh, you should thank oppa for that. Oh and you know right girls? You can’t always wear the ring. If it’s just us, you may wear it like Eunha, but not when we are performing or fan signing,” Sowon finally said something after a few minutes just looking at her kids lovingly. 

”Okay, unnie.” SinB said, nodding her head while shooting a genuine smile at the oldest girl. Yerin steals a glance at her girlfriend’s face and she is elated as she can be, no sign of any other emotions at the mention of Handyman Oppa’s name.

”Why should I thank oppa?” Yerin asks, masking her objection with a question.

”Yah! She gave you some odd jobs to do so you can save some money for the ring. And plus, did you forget already? She drove your girlfriend to your parents’ house last week when you were resting after that appendicitis.” Sowon’s eyes widen at the girl’s objection.

”I earn that money rightfully, unnie. I worked hard on the filing job she gave me. Oppa was more than happy to go to my parents’, she went fishing with my oppa and appa as soon as she got there,” countered Yerin before glancing again at SinB’s face to see her reaction. Nothing. Yerin supposed SinB has already fully accepted the decision they made.

Her girlfriend never talked about Handyman Oppa after that night, she also cuts back on texting the woman and sometimes didn’t reply the oppa’s text. Handyman Oppa still texts SinB but the way SinB replied the text is different than before they made the decision. And, SinB hasn’t asked Yerin again about going out with the older woman alone without her, except last week when she suddenly appeared at her parents’ with oppa. SinB apologised to her immediately when they got to her room for not telling her about it because SinB knew she will never let her to. Yerin told SinB she might say no because then SinB will be exhausted from travelling that far to visit her when they are video calling each other every day.

But that day turns out to be the happiest day for her. SinB was always at her side, they talked, eat, hang out and sleep together. That night SinB spends the night there and they did something more than they always do at the dorm. They did things that they can’t do when they are together at the dorm but they didn’t cross the line. They both are not yet ready for that. But, Yerin glad that they had their first special night in her bed at home.

”I never get why oppa likes fishing so much. It’s boring as hell. Still...say your thank you. Even I did thank her when she helped me out with Eunha that other time. And she makes me pay her back. She always asked me to cook her some ramyeon and used it as her bargain chip. I’m not even sure is it really worth it,” Sowon then frowns before sighing.

”Wow! It’s not worth it? For me? It’s not worth it for you to cook oppa ramyeon once in a while for getting us back together? I can’t believe you, Sowon.” Eunha chided her girlfriend.

”What did she even do? Talk me up? I’m sure you already know how great I am and how wonderful I am as a girlfriend...” said Sowon doesn’t want to lose.

”She took me in when we were fighting!” Eunha crossed her arms, looking away from Sowon angrily. Sowon just looks at her girlfriend confusedly, doesn’t understand what is she talking about.

”Aahh...that’s where you were that entire week. Unnie, remember there are times that Eunha unnie was always left the dorm early and met us at the event’s location or the practice room. Uh? That means oppa had to wake up really early and drives here to pick you up?!” exclaimed Umji. Eunha nods her head.

”So what? Just pick her up a few minutes early than us...” countered Sowon.

”It’s not a few minutes, unnie. More like four hours early. I remembered one night I woke up at 4 in the morning and Eunha unnie wasn’t in her bed already. That means oppa got up at 3.30 to pick Eunha unnie,” once again, Umji exclaimed.

”Oh? Didn’t know that. Well, I might throw some seafood and dumplings for oppa the next time she asked me for a ramyeon. Oh, and make oppa that black tea. That oppa is a weirdo! She just loves her black tea.” Sowon shakes her head a few times.

”Oh, speaking of which. Have you told oppa, yet?” Umji asks.

”Ahh...about that. We haven’t because we wanted to tell you girls first.” Yerin answers Umji question. It looks like Yerin is the one taking the role of answering all the question because SinB doesn’t seem like she is even trying to answer them.

”Awww... That’s sweet. We are honoured, unnie,” cooed Umji and Eunha.

”And we wanted to tell oppa ourselves. So, can you all not say anything to oppa?”

”Sure, no problem,” everyone says in unison.

”When are you planning to tell oppa?” Eunha asks.

”I don’t know. Oppa is always busy nowadays, she hasn’t been here since we moved in,” Yerin sits back down on her chair, but now she is sitting right beside SinB, interlacing their fingers.

”Yeah, we’ve invited her so many times, but she never came. Only her gifts and the groceries she bought for us are piling up. It would be nice if she comes here...” said Umji, a bit sad.

”Uhh, why don’t we invite oppa for lunch here for you two to tell her about you girls are dating?” Sowon suggests, Umji and Yuju nod their head excitedly seconding their leader’s suggestion.

”That’s a great idea. I made a plan to spend the night at her place next week. That means she is not too busy. I’ll ask her to drive me home and have lunch with us. How about it?” Eunha looks at SinB and then Yerin. The younger girl didn’t say anything, she just shrugs her shoulder before looking at Yerin for her to answer.

”That sounds good,” Yerin nods her head and gestures the okay sign at Eunha.

”We’ll cook something for the lunch as well,” said SinB, surprising Yerin because the girl doesn’t cook much and she barely spoke since they started eating. SinB just smiles at Yerin.

SinB’s suggestion causing an uproar. Everyone is throwing ideas of what are they going to cook for that lunch including Eunha who is not even going to be at home at that time since she will be spending the night at oppa’s. Probably everyone is just happy and eager to show their skills because oppa was always the one cooking for them while asking the girls’ help in an attempt to teach them how to cook.

Umji is thinking about baking something while Sowon is considering to cook two dishes. Yuju wanted to try cook some sort of soup or stew and of course baked some sweet potatoes as well. She and Handyman Oppa both crazy about sweet potatoes. They continue eating while seriously discussing the lunch as if it is something really important. SinB just suggested that because she wanted to cook something for Handyman Oppa for the first and the last time. 

Yes. The last time. Yerin asks her not to be too close with Handyman Oppa since they are together now. Yerin told her not to text and call Handyman Oppa as often as she did before and not to go out alone with oppa. SinB did try to reason with Yerin but the older girl wasn’t going to have it. They fought and SinB thought about it long and hard, then decided to just do what Yerin asks her to. She loves Yerin and doesn’t want to get her upset over things like this.

SinB knows Handyman Oppa would understand, she had told her and reassured her before this when she just casually asked. If anyone could understand and fully support her decision, it would be Handyman Oppa. The woman probably asks why just to learn the reason but she will not say anything and goes with it.

SinB thought at least she could cook something delicious for Handyman Oppa so it would lessen the blow. Not because of the news she is dating Yerin, hopefully not because of it as she is not sure what kind of feeling the oppa has for her or how deep it is. But, because she will tell Handyman Oppa not to text or call her often. Even she couldn’t take it, she is sure that she is going to feel slightly empty and miss the oppa when they are not texting as often as usual.

Even if she is dating Yerin now, she still loves Handyman Oppa as a good friend. Yes, she loved the oppa like she loves Yerin before, but she loves Yerin more. She chose Yerin because she loves Yerin more than she loves Handyman Oppa. Her heart belongs to Yerin, but she still loves the oppa as a close and the very best friend, just like she loves Umji, Yuju, Eunha and Sowon.

SinB is still heavy-hearted with the decision she agreed upon but a week of binge listening to Urban Zakapa’s song, ’I don’t love you’ had numb her feeling a bit. And she is good at hiding her emotions from Yerin when it is about Handyman Oppa.

She doesn’t talk much about Handyman Oppa. She tried avoiding Eunha, Umji and Yuju whenever they got home after seeing Handyman Oppa as much as she can. She might be able to put on a facade as if people talking about Handyman Oppa and how fun and great it was spending time with the kind-hearted, considerate older woman are not affecting her even the slightest, but she can’t stop her heart for aching. She has to avoid hurting her heart further than it already is. Even her members miss Handyman Oppa when they haven’t met for few weeks, and they are not as close as Handyman Oppa and her. Surely she also has the same feeling as her members, but she couldn’t meet the oppa, everyone could’ve guessed, it is negatively impacting her.

Last week when she asked Handyman Oppa out, the woman was obviously elated because they haven’t met since the shooting of Love Whisper music video. She didn’t tell Yerin nor the oppa that she was planning to go visit Yerin at her parents’ home and the only way to do it is to get Handyman Oppa to drive her there. Handyman Oppa picked her up at the company building because she went there early in the morning for some practice and without saying anything, she just keyed in the address of a cafe en route to Yerin’s house.

The older woman didn’t say anything and just drove them there. Since Handyman Oppa had been to Yerin’s house a couple of times, she recognised the route, so she just figured out SinB’s plan on her own when they headed to the cafe. The oppa asked her when they were eating lunch and she just nod her head as a confirmation.

When they arrived, both Yerin’s parents were surprised but welcomed them with open arms. She immediately went to Yerin’s bedroom following Yerin’s mother while Handyman Oppa stayed behind as she was talking with Yerin’s appa and oppa. The woman showed her face for a moment to Yerin before leaving them alone in the room. At first, Yerin was a bit angry at her when she found out she came with Handyman Oppa but then she apologised and said this is the only way she could visit Yerins She had missed Yerin like crazy since the older girl had to rest at home due to appendicitis. Yerin also missed her, so she just let it go.

She and Yerin had dinner with only Yerin’s mother because the others went out fishing. That was when she knew about it because she had been spending time with Yerin in her room the whole time since they arrived there, and the oppa didn’t inform her. The three only came home just in time for supper and they had supper together, all six of them.

SinB wanted to give Handyman Oppa a scolding for leaving without telling her first, but decided not to. She could see that the older woman was somewhat depressed and she knew fishing could calm and clears Handyman Oppa’s head. That is the reason why she loves fishing, she goes fishing whenever she is troubled with something. She wanted to say that when Sowon was wondering why oppa likes fishing, but she knew better to just keep it to herself rather than fighting with her girlfriend. That night, she and Handyman Oppa spent the night at Yerin’s house.

She slept in Yerin’s bedroom while Handyman Oppa slept on the couch in the living room. That night, probably because she was just laying around and resting, Yerin has an abundance of energy. Despite Yerin had to rest, they both longed for each other that they made out for more than an hour and they did something that they haven’t done before. However, they stopped just before they crossed the line which they are both not ready for. It was a special night for both of them.

SinB didn’t think about it at first, but during the silence, long ride back home, she thought about what oppa had said to her before. Handyman Oppa always said she will be there with SinB all the time and the woman did. She was there, under the same roof as her when she had her first special night with Yerin. SinB was having mixed feelings of happy and sad about it and she just brushed it off her mind. It was helpful that she was texting Yerin the whole time.

***

Ever since Yerin announced their relationship status to everyone, it has been easier for her and SinB. They didn’t have to sneak around to hugs and kisses one another. Now, they just do it casually like Eunha and Sowon does. They cuddle most of the time in the living room, while eating and in bed. Sowon and Eunha were very understanding of them that sometimes Sowon just leave the room she shared with Yerin so SinB and Yerin could sleep together in the room.

The two unnies probably know what is she and Yerin are doing at night because she is quite sure the two had done it before. She knew because before this, Yerin sometimes sleep in her bed when Eunha sleep in Sowon’s room. There were times when Eunha slept in Sowon’s room almost every night.

Although everyone already knew about their relationship, SinB still is not fond of doing things that are too indecent in front of people. And she still is not keen on dirty joke being thrown at her and Yerin. She is still shy and will definitely blush when the other girls joke around about it. SinB never engaged in a passionate, deep or long kiss with Yerin if they are in the common places. She just shared chaste kisses on the lips when they are hanging out in the living room or the kitchen. SinB told Yerin about her concern, and she is glad Yerin agrees with her. Yerin are more comfortable kissing her if there are only Sowon and Eunha around, but will not be doing it much when Umji and Yuju are there as well.

Sometimes, she is not sure if Sowon was joking or being serious when she reminded them not to leave marks at places that are visible to other people every time they sleep together in Yerin’s room. It’s because Sowon sometimes look dead serious and sometimes laugh after saying it. SinB knew what the leader is referring to and why, they are in the middle of promoting and will appear in public lots of time, so that would be a big no to have marks on her body. And Yerin’s body too. Sometimes she let Yerin take the lead, but sometimes she led their session, pinning the older girl underneath her. When they are fooling around in bed, seniority is being tossed aside. But, in other things, she let Yerin be the lead, or as people say, the one wearing the pants in the relationship. SinB likes it that way.

It is only two days away from the lunch date with Handyman Oppa. She is feeling more nervous about it because Yerin said she should be the one announcing their relationship this time around because she had done it when they told their members. SinB is feeling more and more anxious about it. Yerin is also feeling the same but slightly different because Umji and Yuju are going out for lunch with Handyman Oppa. She really wanted to tell Handyman Oppa about them herself and doesn’t want the woman to find out from others. Both Yuju and Umji assure Yerin that they are not even going to discuss about them during their outing with Handyman Oppa.

***

”Okay girls, cook some delicious food for tomorrow, okay? Sowon, honey, I will call you when we got home. Okay?” Eunha kisses her girlfriend on the lips.

”Oppa is going to pick you up, isn’t she?” Sowon asks as soon as she breaks away from Eunha’s luscious lips.

”Yes. She’ll pick me up after we are done. She’s going to come and say hello to all of you too. She said she hasn’t seen Yerin and SinB for ages,” Eunha said as she shows the text message she exchanged with the oppa last night when she is confirming their plan for today.

After the schedule, the girls are resting and gathering their stuff in the waiting room when Handyman Oppa arrives. The woman says hello to everyone and chats with the girls while waiting for Eunha who is changing into her regular clothes. 

”Uh, that’s your comfortable clothes. You two are not going out, oppa?” Sowon asks as soon as Eunha appears dressed in long sleeve raglan t-shirt and a pair of jeans. 

”We’ll just get something from the restaurant and eat at home,” Eunha answers her girlfriend’s question to which Sowon flashes a worried look at her. ”I don’t feel like going out, unnie,” Eunha explains to ease Sowon’s worry. She can’t kiss her girlfriend to assure her since they are in public, so she just caresses Sowon’s hand and holds it tight.

Eunha leaves with the rest of her members along with Handyman Oppa. She parted way from the rest of the group with the oppa when they are in the parking lot. The girls hop into their van while she gets into Handyman Oppa’s car. Just like Eunha told Sowon earlier, they just stopped by at a restaurant to pick up the food they ordered via the phone while they are on the way to the restaurant. 

”Are you okay, oppa?” Eunha asks, looking at Handyman Oppa up and down, from her head to toe.

”Huh? What do you mean?” Handyman Oppa asks, copying Eunha’s action, examining herself up and down.

”You are wearing a long sleeve t-shirt and long pants. Are you okay? Stop lying to me,” demanded Eunha.

”Ahh. Just feels like wearing these,” Handyman Oppa smiles at the petite girl.

Eunha is still not satisfied with the older woman’s answer, just stand by the bed, crossing her arms and stares at Handyman Oppa. Handyman Oppa just stares back vacantly at Eunha, smiling at the girl while tapping her hand on the space next to her. Eunha pouts her lips, stomping her feet like a child sulking because the woman just ignores her display of dissatisfaction.

”Do you want to see me ? Is that it?” Handyman Oppa asks teasingly, raising her eyebrow at the pouting Eunha.

”Sure! Let's see what you’ve got!” Eunha jumped on the bed, sitting beside Handyman Oppa, facing the woman. She doesn’t want to lose to the oppa.

Handyman Oppa smiles and nods her head. She slips her fingers in the pants’ waist, pulls them and peeks into her pants before smiling cheekily at Eunha. Slowly she pulls down the waist, exposing the well-trimmed hair of the upper part of her pubic area while smiling and winking at Eunha. ”I’m not wearing anything underneath, just want to let you know that.”

Eunha’s eyes widen when she saw the well-trimmed hair, she gasped in shock before covering her eyes with her hand,

”Oppa!!!” Eunha screams at the top of her ling while kicking the older woman. Handyman Oppa just laughs at the younger girl that looks like a ripe tomato. Eunha’s whole face and ears are red with goosebumps on her neck.

”I thought you wanted to see me ? Change your mind already?” Handyman Oppa said still laughing.

Eunha didn’t say anything. She just let her hands and legs do all the talking. She smacks Handyman Oppa’s arms and kicks the woman’s legs wholeheartedly. The woman just let her and laughs crazily. Eunha continues to attack Handyman Oppa until the woman catches her hands and pulls her closer.

”Are you happy now?” Handyman Oppa asks while smile lovingly at Eunha. Eunha nods her head and her lips curved into a triumphant smile. Eunha slouches beside Handyman Oppa,  leaning her back against the headboard and rested her head on Handyman Oppa’s shoulder.

”Are you working tomorrow?” Eunha asks, initiating a normal conversation with the woman. Handyman Oppa just shakes her head.

”Okay then. Tomorrow you are going to drive me back to the dorm and have lunch with us there.” Eunha said sternly as she reaches for her handphone on the side table and starts dialling Sowon’s number.

”Uh? No? What? I-” 

Handyman Oppa didn’t get to say no when Eunha lifts her finger and starts talking with the person on the line with her. 

”Hey honey, oppa is coming tomorrow for lunch. Let the girls know too. Okay. I love you too. I won’t. We are in bed already. See you tomorrow. I miss you. I love you. Bye.” 

Eunha looks at Handyman Oppa with her puppy eyes and pouting her lips cutely. She asks the woman, ”what were you saying just now?” before smirking at Handyman Oppa who can just sighs in defeat.

”Now, let’s get down to business. Stop lying to me and tell me.” Eunha demanded.

”Huh?” Handyman Oppa said with a believable ignorant expression on her face. Her acting of ignorant is always on point that sometimes people think she really is stupid despite her IQ level is at the level of a genius.

”Stop lying to me.”

”I’m not,” Handyman Oppa said flatly.

”Stop lying to me, what is up?” Eunha asks. She knows something is happening with Handyman Oppa that the woman didn’t tell her. The woman seems to be losing weight nowadays and she is not as energised as before.

”I’m not. And you know what is up,” Handyman Oppa shoots a erted grin, wiggling her eyebrows at Eunha. Eunha clenched her lips and smacks Handyman Oppw’s crotch hard causing the oppa groaning in pain.

”Stop lying to me. Is there something you are not telling me?” Eunha asks again, sternly this time, ignoring the woman’s crying in pain.

”I’m not lying to you. Yes. See? I’m not lying to you, I just don’t tell you,” Handyman Oppa reasoned with Eunha, making the petite girl furious.

”What’s the difference?” Eunha asks angrily.

”Well, lie is a distortion of the truth. Not telling something is just not telling you something. I didn’t lie. I just hide something from you. That’s all,” Handyman Oppa blatantly justifying her action with a flat face.

”So then, tell me. What is it? You promised you will tell me, I’m worried about you.” Eunha’s voice and face soften because she doesn’t see the point of getting angry, demanding the woman to answer her question which will never work.

”I promise you I’ll tell you all about it someday. Just not today. It’s getting late. I promise your giraffe that we wouldn’t stay up late, so, let’s cuddle and sleep?” said Handyman Oppa, looking straight into Eunha’s eyes. There’s a sincerity in those hazelnut-coloured orbs that makes Eunha gives up from pestering the woman about it. She knows someday Handyman Oppa will tell her about it.

”I’ll let you off the hook for now. But, don’t blame me if I keep pestering you about it every day until you tell me what it is,” Eunha warned the woman who just smiles lovingly and nods her head, indicating that the warning is duly noted.

Handyman Oppa lies on the bed next to Eunha after turning off the lights. There are a few things that make Eunha sure there is something going on with Handyman Oppa, and this is one of them. Eunha spends a considerable amount of time hanging out with Handyman Oppa and sleeping at the oppa’s apartment. So, she noticed something is off with the older woman. 

First, Handyman Opppa usually wears her singlet with a boxer to sleep, but lately, the woman wears long sleeve Hansley t-shirt and long pants. Handyman Oppa told her she is a bit cold, so that’s the reason. Eunha understands if it’s night time, but the woman hasn’t wead short sleeve t-shirt or shorts anymore even if they are at home. The woman wears long sleeve clothes when she is going out, that’s normal, sometimes she wears sweater or jacket over her short sleeve t-shirt. But, now even at home she wears long sleeve clothes.

Second, Handyman Oppa now always take a cold shower. Literally, every time she takes a shower, she showers with cold water, regardless if it’s in the morning, afternoon or at night. The woman wears long sleeve t-shirt and long pants because she claims she is cold but then takes a cold shower? That is another level of absurd.

Handyman Oppa doesn’t wear her hair in her signature samurai bun anymore. She just ties her hair loosely just below her hairline and often wears a baseball cap which she never worn before. The cap is just a standard one, not fancy, not even branded to be considered a fashion statement.

The most noticeable change is Handyman Oppa turns in very early when she frequently sleep late watching TV or play games before this. Sometimes, she called Handyman Oppa and she said she just got home, then she went straight to bed when it was just four in the evening. The oppa slept all through the night and only woke up the next morning. She skipped her dinner and breakfast which she rarely does before.

Handyman Oppa doesn’t eat much, but she rarely skipped breakfast. Now, she barely eats. She likes drinking water, and now she keeps drinking water that it almost seems like her water bottle is always in . Usually, she has food ready in her fridge, but now, there is almost nothing in her fridge. She usually orders food delivery or gets take outs from the restaurant. Probably because Handyman Oppa doesn’t eat much, she loses some weight nowadays. It is very apparent on her face and chest. Eunha noticed that because she likes to cuddle with Handyman Oppa and rests her head on the oppa’s chest, it is not as solid as before. Plus, Handyman Oppa often talks in her sleep now.

With all these changes that she noticed, she could not help but worried about the older woman. She asked SinB about it but the girl doesn’t even noticed them, probably because she hasn’t been meeting Handyman Oppa often, in fact they hasn’t met at all since the music video shooting where the oppa went to the shooting location. Since Yerin told them they started officially dating the day they shot the music video, that means SinB hasn’t meet Handyman Oppa since she started dating Yerin. Now that Eunha thinks about it, it is a bit strange because SinB and Handyman Oppa are close and the younger girl was the first to befriend the oppa.

Eunha was lost in her thought but she is sure it wasn’t really that long, but Handyman Oppa is already drifted into deep sleep. The woman’s breathing becomes really slow because she can feels it under her head. Eunha snuggles closer to Handyman Oppa’s body and closes her eyes, falling into her slumber in the comfort of the oppa’s embrace.

The sound of the alarms wakes Eunha up. She opens her eyes and smiles. Handyman Oppa is still lying next to her sleeping peacefully. Handyman Oppa is still sleeping? Eunha frowns. The older woman usually wakes up before her, and would wake up from even the vibration of her phone and the sound of her alarm this morning didn’t do anything to the woman. Eunha nervously puts her finger under the woman’s nostril and is relieved when she could feel warm air going out of the woman’s nostril. She shakes her head rapidly, couldn’t believe that she even thought Handyman Oppa could be dead. Gingerly, she gets off the bed and goes to the kitchen. 

Eunha just prepares a simple breakfast since there is not much she can do from an empty fridge. There are a few eggs, a loaf of bread that is about to expire, a bottle of milk, a few pieces of sausages and a bunch of grapes. So, the only option is to whip some eggs with milk and make scrambled eggs, grilled the sausages and toast the bread.

When she finished cooking, Handyman Oppa still hasn’t waked up that she has to go and wakes her up. They eat breakfast together but Handyman Oppa just eat half slice of the bread, half portion of the scrambled eggs and just take a bite of the sausage. Eunha asks the woman but she just said she is not hungry, so she lets it go.

”Let’s go, oppa. They already cooked lunch.” Eunha holds out her hand at the woman who is already dressed and watching the TV while waiting for her to get ready. Handyman Oppa takes her hand in hers and grabs her jacket and baseball cap before leaving.

***

”Oppa!” Umji screams happily as soon as Handyman Oppa and Eunha enter the house.

”Oppa, welcome to our new dorm,” Yuju greets Handyman Oppa while moving her hand around pointing at their new house. 

Handyman Oppa just smiles at the girls and follow Yuju who is giving her a tour of their new house. Umji follows them. The girls excitedly showing every nook and cranny of their house. Since there are three rooms, the girls room arrangement had changed. Sowon with Yerin, Yuju with Eunha, and Umji with SinB. Yuju showed her room first, then asked Sowon and Yerin’s permission to show their room which they gladly agree. Lastly, Umji shows her room that she shares with SinB. When they go in, SinB had just finished changing.

”Hey stranger,” Handyman Oppa greets SinB.

”Oh, oppa. You’re here already?” SinB asks without looking at Handyman Oppa and just focus on the mirror, tying her hair into a ponytail.

”Em, just now,” Handyman Oppa said as she starts leaving the room. She gets to the spacious living room and slouches on the big, long couch.

”Oppa, lunch will be ready in fifteen minutes. Sorry about that. Someone forgot to cook the rice just now,” Sowon said from the kitchen.

”It’s okay. I’ll just watch something on TV.”

Handyman Oppa flicks through the channels to find something interesting enough for her to watch. She settles on the cartoon channel. Not long after that, Umji and Yuju join her on the couch. They watch the cartoon in silence, occasionally laugh when there is something really funny. Handyman Oppa keeps drinking her water and frequented the toilet. Finally, the lunch is ready and they all seated at the dining table. The two oldest girls sit at each end of the table. Handyman Oppa sits in between Umji and SinB who sits next to Yerin. Meanwhile, Eunha and Yuju sit opposite of them with the latter sitting at Yerin’s side and Eunha next to her girlfriend.

The girls cook a lot of dishes. There are chicken soup, soft tofu spicy stew, fried fish, mixed vegetable stir fry and several banchans. Umji introduced all the dishes and who cooks them. It is not surprising when she said Sowon and Yerin cooked a few of the dishes, but Handyman Oppa seems surprised when she learnt that SinB cooked the chicken soup. In the middle of eating, SinB suddenly excuses herself and Yerin follows her.

”Do you girls mind if I use the toilet again?” Handyman Oppa asks the girls for the nth time since she got there.

”It’s okay, oppa. You don’t have to ask our permission. Just use it. And you should cut back on your water, you keep going to the toilet,” said Sowon. Handyman Oppa just flashes a toothy grin at the oldest girl while leaving the kitchen.

Handyman Oppa enters the toilet but she catches a glance at the laundry room near the toilet and sees SinB and Yerin are talking in there. The two didn’t see her, so she just goes into the toilet to pee. While she is in the toilet, she receives a call saying that there is an emergency at the hospital and she needs to be there as soon as possible. She gets out of the toilet and for some odd reason, she looks at the laundry room. Immediately she stops breathing and looks down at the laminated floor. There, in the laundry room, Yerin is facing the other way while kissing SinB on her lips. SinB is facing the hallway but had her eyes close, so she didn’t see Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa takes a deep breath and hurriedly walk towards the kitchen. She passes the living hall first, so she grabs her jacket and cap that she left on the couch. As she walks towards the kitchen, she puts on her jacket and cap.

”Sorry girls, they called me when I’m in the toilet. There’s an emergency at the hospital. I have to go. Thank you for the lunch, they are delicious. Sorry again. Bye.” Handyman Oppa said while standing at the sliding door that separates the kitchen area and the living room.

”Huh? Wait, oppa...” Eunha calls Handyman Oppa as the woman starts walking towards the door.

”Oppa, Yerin unnie and SinB-” Umji calls out Handyman Oppa to stop her from leaving but Handyman Oppa was quick to cut her, ”tell them thank you and sorry for me, Umji-ah. Bye.” As fast as lightning Handyman Oppa gets out of the girls’ new house. She could hear from afar Umji’s voice yelling Yerin and SinB’s name while she jogs towards the lift.

***

”Unnie! SinB!” Umji yells at the two girls kissing in the laundry room, startling the lovebirds. Both of them break away from the kiss and look at Umji.

”I’m sorry, Umji. I was calming SinB down. She was nervous to tell oppa about us,” Yerin said, smiling at the youngest girl.

”You don’t need to, oppa just left. She said she got an emergency call when she was in the toilet just now,” said Umji lowly, walking back to the kitchen where everyone else are at. Yerin and SinB follow suit.

”Oppa said thank you for the food. They are delicious. And she said sorry she had to run off, there’s an emergency at the hospital,” Sowon said as soon as Yerin and SinB get to the kitchen.

”When did she leave?” Yerin asks.

”Just now. After you two got up, she went to the toilet and she told us she got a call while in the toilet. Something happened at the hospital and had to leave immediately,” explained Umji.

”The food is delicious she said? She barely touched anything,” Yerin said a bit disappointed.

”She eats the whole bowl of SinB’s chicken soup, though.” Umji said as she shows the empty bowl.

SinB slumps on her chair, next to Umji. She hangs her head low, without saying anything, she starts eating. Umji could feel that her friend is sad and probably guilty through the vibes she exerts, but chooses not to say anything. The mood dampens but no one said anything.

After about half an hour, Eunha takes out her phone and video calls Handyman Oppa. She wanted to make sure the woman arrived at the hospital safe and sound.

”Are you at the hospital already, oppa?” Eunha asks as the woman answers the call. She sits on Sowon’s lap and angle the phone so everyone is on the screen with her.

”Yes, just arrived. I got to r-”

”Prof., he’s on the rooftop. He said he’s going to jump-” 

They heard a man’s voice on the background before the call was ended by Handyman Oppa. Eunha hurriedly gets off Sowon’s lap and immediately goes to the living room. The other girls follow her. She turns on the TV, and flicks through every channel and stops at each of the news channels. And as she is about to change the channel, a special news comes up. 

”A man is threatening to jump off the roof of a fifteen stories hospital building. Currently, the man’s psychiatrist is trying to talk to him and persuade him not to jump. The police and firefighters and ambulance are already at site, preparing for possible scenarios,” reports the reporter on the TV before the camera shows a man sitting on the ledge while another person is walking towards him. 

”Oppa!” all the girls shouted in unison.

Handyman Oppa is walking towards the man and then sits on the ledge next to him. They all watch the TV nervously when suddenly the reporter’s face is shown.

”I’m sorry we had to cut off the live video feed as requested by the psychiatrist. We will be back with more update after this. Stay tuned.” 

They waited for hours for the news but heard nothing. No new update. They even searched online for any update. Nothing. They tried calling Handyman Oppa but the woman didn’t pick up her phone until one time it went straight to voicemail indicating the phone is either turn off or is dead. All six of them just sit on the couch, waiting nervously for the news update. They keep refreshing the tab when suddenly someone posted a blurred picture of someone jumps off a building. The picture is cracked and blurs that they couldn’t make out who is that person.

”The man is rushed to the hospital for further treatment. No major injury was reported.”

Everyone sighs in relieved when they heard the news anchor reported an update of the suicide attempt. They tried calling Handyman Oppa but it went straight to voicemail. They leave a voicemail asking Handyman Oppa to call any of them because they are worried. They each even send a text message to Handyman Oppa, in case she doesn’t listen to the voicemail.

***

”Hey, anyone heard anything from oppa? It’s been three days already,” Eunha asks the girls after they finished their performance.

”No. Nothing.” Umji said as she shows her phone to Eunha. The other girls also shake their head, answering Eunha’s query.

”I tried calling oppa, it went straight to voicemail. I sent another text message but it wasn’t delivered,” said again.

”Me too,” Eunha and Sowon said in unison. They all look at each other and everyone frowns.

”Let me try call her work phone,” Eunha said as she searches for the number on her phone and calls it.

”Hello, this is Eunha. May I speak to oppa. Em...sorry, I mean Prof.-” Eunha greets the person answering the call.

”What?!” asks Eunha in shocked as she listens to the person on the phone is saying.

”What unnie?!” Umji asks but Eunha didn’t say anything, still looking shocked. Sowon takes the girl’s phone and introduces herself and starts asking the person what did they say earlier.

”Okay. Yes. Would you mind text the details to this number? Yes. Thank you. Bye.” Sowon ends the call and sighs. Everyone looks at Sowon with great anticipation except for Eunha.

”You all should gather your things, make sure not to leave anything behind. I’m going to talk to the manager.” Sowon smiles flatly at the girls before walking up to the chief manager that is standing at one corner of the waiting room. They talk, the manager looks shocked then nods his head as he reads something on Eunha’s phone that Sowon brings with her. Then the man nods again before calling the other manager and calls someone on his phone. None of them wearing a smile on their faces.