Sowon-Eunha project: “Let’s start fresh, you and me. The love I envy, please don’t let me down.”

Do you love me?

Yerin and Sowon arrive at the restaurant after the lunch hour rush dies down. Yerin leads the way and choose a table that is away from the front door and a bit isolated from the other customers. They need a place where they can talk without risking someone might hear them or gets a lot of attention from other people. Yerin places her orders as soon as she sat down and look at the menu because her stomach started rumbling when they left their dorm fifteen minutes ago. She texted Handyman Oppa telling her that they have arrived. 

Sowon looks gloomy and sad. She didn’t want to come at first and still doesn’t want to be here now. Yerin forced Sowon to get dressed and followed her to the restaurant. Sowon has no choice but to follow her as Yerin practically dragged her out of bed and to the bathroom and even wanted to bath her but she refused and do it herself.

When Sowon wokes up this morning, she was still in Eunha’s bed but the girl has already gone. None of the girls knew so they asked the manager and he told them she told him she is going out to get some breakfast and then will be going to the practice room. All the girls thought Eunha wanted to eat something and avoids the crowds, that’s why she left the dorm early in the morning, even before SinB and Umji go to school. So, that leaves Sowon and Yerin alone in the dorm as Yuju also leave with the maknaes so the manager could drive her to practice as well. That was when Yerin called Handyman Oppa in fronts of her as soon as she lied down on her bed. And now, here they are in a restaurant waiting for their lunch and Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa shows up just as the food they ordered get to the table. Yerin smiles at the woman and asks her to sit down and eat as she has already ordered for her too. 

“Why did you summon me today?” Handyman Oppa asks as she took a bite of the egg sandwich Yerin ordered for her.

Handyman Oppa looks at the food Yerin ordered and let out a sigh. She calls the waiter and asks for the menu.

”Don’t tell me we are only eating a sandwich?” Handyman Oppa asks Yerin with a tad frustration in her voice.

”Yes. We just ate a lot over the weekend. We need to diet a bit as we still have some shows and performances left before we take a break.” Yerin smiles bitterly at Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa sighs and just eat the sandwich silently. After about ten minutes, both Yerin’s and Handyman Oppa’s sandwich is gone while Sowon just took two bites of the sandwich.

”So, why are we here today?” Handyman Oppa asks Yerin.

”We need to help Sowon.” 

“Why? She made her decision already. Let her live with it.” Handyman Oppa said nonchalantly.

”Oppa, we need to help her. Be more supportive, will you?” Yerin smacks the older woman’s forearm.

”I did. I told her to apologise to Eunha yesterday. This pabo here took a little too far and ended the relationship.”Handyman Oppa said puckering her lips pointing at Sowon.

”Wait. You knew?” Yerin asks because she has not told Handyman Oppa about it and she is sure SinB doesn’t know it either to told her.

”I do. Eunha texted me this morning at 4 a.m. to come and get her. She sent me this picture of her with her eyes swollen because she has been crying the whole night.” Handyman Oppa shows the picture on her phone to Yerin.

Sowon also looks at the picture and immediately look sad. She looks at Handyman Oppa feeling more guilty than before, “I didn’t know she cried. She didn’t say anything last night.” 

“You know how terrible that was? She could cry in silence without you noticing while you were sleeping in the same bed. It sounded like she has became an expert in crying, and it’s all thanks to you.” Handyman Oppa sounded a bit angry and it shocked Yerin.

”Oppa, calm down, why are you getting upset? We were supposed to help Sowon, not make her feel worse.” Yerin smacks Handyman Oppa arm once again.

”Tell me why should I help this selfish person. And of course I am upset. Who wouldn’t? I drove a crying little girl home last Friday and this morning, I picked up the girl with swollen eyes, crying her heart out. She broke up with her in the middle of the night.” 

“I don’t want to hurt her anymore. She’s only going to get hurt even more when she is with me. So, I did what is best for her. Eunha has you now, I know you can take care of her. You are the first one she called, you are the one she turns to. I was not wrong, was I?”

For the first time ever since Sowon fought with Eunha last week, she explains herself, the reason why she did what she did and defended herself. This surprises Yerin. Sowon is not the only one surprising her today, Handyman Oppa also surprises her when she, who usually calms gets angry at Sowon.

”My goodness, Sowon. Why don’t you talk to her before deciding to end the relationship...” 

“I tried to. I have been trying to talk to her since last week. She doesn’t wants to talk to me.” Sowon cuts off Handyman Oppa mid-sentence. 

“And why can’t you be patient just a bit. Why can’t you gave her some time and space, let her get everything out her system first. Then talk to her. Tries to understand her, what she feels, put yourself in her shoes. All she needed was some time and you should talk to her. Do you know how much she loves you?” Handyman Oppa’s voice soften.

”I love her too. That’s why I broke up with her. She deserves someone better and look! The first person she thinks about is you and she was running to you. She didn’t say anything last night. She just left.” Sowon’s voice starts to crack.

”And at this time, you still doubted her love for you. I can’t believe this. She left before anyone wakes up so the girls wouldn’t see her swollen, red eyes because she knew the girls would suspected something must have happened between the two of you. You woke up in her bed this morning, didn’t you? Anyone could tell that something happened if she was there this morning. She said you were crying as well, so she thought you should sleep in as you must have been tired. She didn’t say anything because she knew it must have been difficult for you to make the decision and said that to her. Every single thing she did, she was thinking about you first.” 

“I did the right thing. I don’t want to hurt her anymore. I did the right thing.” Sowon wipes the tears on her cheeks, trying to brace herself and stands by her decision.

”Well then, let’s go. We need to pick up the girls from school.” Handyman Oppa stands and leave the two girls to pay for their lunch.

Yerin and Sowon followed the older woman soon after. Sowon gets into the backseat of Handyman Oppa’s SUV leaving Yerin to get into the passenger’s seat next to Handyman Oppa.

”Oppa, what should we do? Did Eunha says anything to you about getting back together?” Yerin asks Handyman Oppa while whispering as soon as she saw Sowon fell asleep.

”Nothing. She has made her decision. There is nothing we could do.” Handyman Oppa said nonchalantly keeping her focus on the road.

”Oh come on! You and I both know that was the worse decision she could ever made in this situation.”

Yerin clenched her teeth as she was frustrated with the older woman’s response. She wanted to scream at the top of her lungs but she doesn’t want to wake the poor Sowon up. Sowon was crying in silent and fell asleep at the backseat.

”I do. And it was. So, just let her lives with her decision then.” 

Yerin could not held her anger in any longer that she snapped and smacks the older woman’s shoulder. Handyman Oppa rubs her painful shoulder and looks at Yerin questioning her violent action.

”I called you to help them get back together. Not to let this continues to happen.” Yerin said frustratedly.

”We can’t force her to do something she doesn’t want to do.” Handyman Oppa said softly while glances over her shoulder to look at Sowon who is peacefully sleeping.

”You know that’s not what she wants. They love each other, this is not right, oppa.” Yerin sounded really sad thinking that she could not save them from being apart.

”I know. I do. She needs to realise that herself. She needs to want to work it out herself. Do you really think forcing it onto her is a good idea? Look what happened when you are being hasty. Let her lives her life with the decision and see if she could live with it for a week.” 

“Wait, so you do have a plan. Don’t you? You wanted them to get back together. Why was you being so hard on her earlier?” Yerin looks at Handyman Oppa, smiling cheerfully seeing that the older woman is actually supporting her efforts of getting Sowon and Eunha to reconcile.

”No, I don’t have a plan. If she wants to get back together with Eunha and she needs us to help her, then we will help her. If you saw Eunha last week and this morning, I bet you are going to act just like I did earlier. She was crying this morning and all she thought about was how difficult it must be for Sowon. Eunha asked me yesterday what she should do and even thought of enduring the pain being with Sowon because she loves her so much. So, let’s see how it goes with Sowon. If she asks us for help, we’ll help her then. Okay?” Handyman Oppa smiles at Yerin who seems more sad than before.

“I wish I could protect Eunha from this painful experience. Eunha must been hurting even more than Sowon and I could not do anything to help her. Oppa, thank you for taking care of Eunha when I can’t.” Yerin squeezed Handyman Oppa’s hand that she rested on the gear.

”Love is not all happy. It hurts sometimes but it should never hurts you so much all the time. There will be ups and downs in the relationship. And sometimes we don’t always get what we want. You know how it is.” Handyman Oppa smiles teasingly at Yerin.

Yerin just stares blankly at the older woman trying to decipher what does she means when she said she know how it is. After a minute, she realises what the older woman was implying, and as usual her hand is quick to throw a punch at Handyman Oppa’s shoulder.

”Ouchhhh!!! It hurts!” Handyman Oppa cried out in pain loudly, not caring about the sleeping Sowon anymore.

”You brought in on yourself. Don’t be so confidence that you are going to win her heart. I think I might have a slightly higher chances of being happy in our love than you,oppa.” Yerin smirk at the older woman who seems like she wanted to say something back but she didn’t as she pulled over a few metres from the school’s entrance.

”Let’s go pick up our baby from school. We’ll just leave Sowon in the car.” Handyman Oppa said while unbuckling Yerin’s and hers seatbelt, and looks at Sowon who is still sleeping, resting her head against the door. 

Yerin nods her head agreeing with the older woman. She just looks at Handyman Oppa lovingly as the older woman wind down the windows slightly to give some air for Sowon. The older woman even went to the backseat and checks on Sowon, causing her to wake up.

”It’s okay, you can go back to sleep. Yerin and I are going to pick up the girls at the gate and we’ll be back in a few minutes. Okay? I leave the window slightly open for you. Shuuhhh, sleep, sleep.” Handyman Oppa said softly to Sowon while caressing the girl’s temple getting her back to sleep. Sowon nods her head weakly and closes her eyes.

Yerin and Handyman Oppa walk to the school’s entrance to wait for SinB and Umji. The two maknaes didn’t know they are picking them up from school and they don’t know her car, so Handyman Oppa decides to wait for them at the front gate. A few groups of students walk passed them recognised Yerin, they just smile and wave at Yerin, and taking pictures of her from afar. After five minutes of waiting, Handyman Oppa spots the two girls walking hand in hand, giggling over something are walking towards the front gate. She held her hand up to them while Yerin waving happily at the girls. 

Umji and SinB smile at them when they got to the front gate where Yerin and Handyman Oppa wait for them. Umji greets them cheerfully while SinB smiles awkwardly at the older woman and Yerin.

”Why are you guys here picking us up from school?” Umji asks.

”I went out to grab some lunch with your unnies, so, we pick your girls up on our way back.” Handyman Oppa said as they begin to walk following SinB who grabs Umji’s hand and walks away from the school.

”Why is SinB acting awkwardly with me?” Handyman Oppa asks Yerin.

”Umm. A lady doesn’t kiss and tell.” Yerin answers.

”Ahh. You do know that when you said that, you are literally telling me that you did.” Handyman Oppa said as they continued walking.

”Wait. That means, you guys did it?! Really?! You did? Tell me you didn’t Yerin. Please.” Handyman Oppa stops and looks at Yerin.

”Well...we kind of did. We kissed but don’t actually kiss, kiss.” Yerin said unsure of how to answer the older woman’s question.

”What? Did you guys just sent some kissing emoticons through the phone? Is that it?” Handyman Oppa laughs at Yerin thinking how cute it was.

”Yahh! I’m not a child, you know. Our lips touched. But, we weren’t exactly kissing. We just frooze up.” said Yerin said looking down embarrassed by what she just said.

Handyman Oppa laughs her heart out upon hearing what Yerin just said. Then she stopped. At this moment, there was a rumbling movement and uneasy feeling filled up in her stomach. Then she laughs again as Yerin grunted.

”I can help you practice, so you won’t freeze up the next time.” Handyman Oppa suggests to which Yerin absently nodding her head in agreement.

”And I can help SinB practice too.” Handyman Oppa said in excitement while holding her laughter as Yerin is still unaware of what she was implying.

A few seconds later, Yerin realises what the oppa was saying and immediately smacks Handyman Oppa shoulder.

”Wait. You trash! You ert old man! No! No! No! Never! Not in your wildest dream, oppa!” Yerin smacks Handyman Oppa’s shoulder repeatedly while the older woman laughs her heart out causing Umji and SinB look back at them.

Handyman Oppa walks quickly towards the two girls who are waiting for them and lead the way to her car. Yerin is still mumbling something as she walks to the car. When they arrived at the car, SinB quickly pulled Yerin’s hand and get into the backseats leaving Umji standing outside of the car alone. Handyman Oppa then opens the passenger seat’s door for Umji and closes the door for her when she gets in.

”What did you girls learn at school today?” Handyman Oppa asks as she drives away from the school.

”Oppa...we are not in kindergarten. We are in high school. Why do you ask like we are some little girls.” Umji grunted at the older woman.

”Aigooo. My baby Umji is angry. Did the other kids bother you at school today? Or did the teacher scold you at school today? Tell me who it is, I will go and scold them tomorrow. Who dare to mess up with my baby.” Handyman Oppa continues to talk to Umji as if she was a little girl, ignoring the younger girl’s protest.

”Arghh. Oppa!!! Unnie...look at oppa.” Umji turns around facing Yerin, and pointed at Handyman Oppa trying to get Yerin’s sympathy.

”Omo...who is bugging my baby. Tell me, who is it? This oppa? I’ll scold her later, okay baby?” Yerin smiles at Umji, talking in the same manner as Handyman Oppa did.

Umji screams and stomps her feet frustratedly. She didn’t think Yerin would be teaming up with Handyman Oppa and . Her action further intensified the fact that she is like a baby.

”Aigoo. My baby is mad. Did you get something to eat for lunch? Is my baby hungry, that’s why she is acting out?” Handyman Oppa continues to tease Umji.

”Um. Can we go drive through the chain restaurant to get something, oppa?” Umji said as she finally gives up to make the older woman to stop teasing her. Handyman Oppa said okay and slowly drives into the famous chain restaurant’s premise. 

“Let’s get everyone something as well.” Handyman Oppa said as they approaching the counter where they placed the order. 

“And one happy meal set with burger please. Thank you.” Handyman Oppa added the last set when the worker repeats the order and asked if they need anything else.

Handyman Oppa smiles happily as she drives away from the counter, around the corner to pay at the second counter and waits for their order at the third counter. As soon as the girl working at the counter hands Handyman Oppa a big paper bag filled with burgers and fries, two trays of drinks and lastly, the happy meal set box that makes Handyman Oppa eyes sparks and lips curled into a bright smile.

”Oppaaa...!!! why did you buy the happy meal set?” Umji grunted asking Handyman Oppa with a pouting mouth.

”Whyy??? I want the toy.” Handyman Oppa said puckering her lips making her voice sounded like a little child.

”Why???” Umji asks.

”This oppa... she likes playing with toys, she reads comics, she watches cartoons and animes, Umji-yah.” SinB responded instead of Handyman Oppa.

“You called me baby, you are the baby. You want the toy. Bluek!” Umji sticks out her tongue to Handyman Oppa teasingly.

”Aniya. You are the baby. You are the little baby, I am the big baby.” Handyman Oppa proudly patting her chest.

”Fine. This toy is mine then.” Umji takes out the toy from the box and plays with it purposely trying to annoy the older woman.

”Why? You said you don’t want it. I bought it because I want the toy....!” Handyman Oppa tries to take the toy when Umji hold up the toy in front of her, dangling it.

Umji keeps teasing the older woman using the toy. She winds down the window and threatens  to drop the toy. They both fighting over the small plastic toy like two preschoolers.

“That’s mine, Umji. You said you don’t want it before.” 

“No. I didn’t say I don’t want it.” Umji said hugging the toy tightly to her chest.

”You did. You were upset when I bought that set.” 

“Unnie, did you hear I said that? I did not say that. Right? SinB, did you hear me say that before? I didn’t, right?” Umji turns around trying to get the two girls to side with her.

”Aish, stop fighting. You two can share the toy.” Yerin said trying to solve the problem.

”How can we share? Oppa lives in another house. When I want to play with it, and if it’s with oppa, then how?” Umji asks objecting Yerin’s suggestion.

”Geuman hae. Oppa, you are the older one. Just give it to Umji. Buy a new one for you.” said SinB sternly causing the two to stop bickering.

“It’s mine!” Umji screams in triumph while dangling the toy to show off at Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa just pouted and frowns. She mumbles to herself saying how unfair it was for an older person to give up the toy for someone younger. The two stop bickering ever since until they arrive at Gfriend’s apartment’s building. Handyman Oppa parks the car and suggested that they just leave the food in the car including the happy meal set with the toy in the box. She secretly planning to get the toy when Umji is not looking, but the younger girl seems to see through her plan.

”I want to bring it to the dorm. Otherwise, you might take it or make me forget about it. So, no. I’ll bring mine upstairs, we can leave the rest in the car.” Umji said as she picks up the box from the floor.

”Fine. I’ll just put the rest in the boot.” Handyman Oppa grabs the paper bag and takes out a burger as she pops up the boot and put it there.

The five of them walk to the lift. SinB walks with Yerin while Sowon leads the group at the front, followed by Umji and Handyman Oppa. When they got to the apartment unit that is also the girls’ dorm, Handyman Oppa sits on the floor between the couch and the coffee table. She looks at Umji who is putting the happy meal box on the kitchen counter with her puppy eyes.

”Umji... can I play with your toy just for a little while?” Handyman Oppa said at Umji pleadingly.

”Umm... okay, just for five minutes.” Umji takes out the toy from her bag and hands it to Handyman Oppa reluctantly.

”Ten minutes. Okay?” Handyman Oppa bargaining with Umji.

”Umm...okay. Ten minutes. Starting from now.” Umji said as she finally lets go of the toy she handed to the older woman.

Handyman Oppa smiles cheerfully and takes the toy happily. She unwraps the burger and begin to eat while playing with the toy. People could mistakenly guess her age as someone who is still in middle school if they see how happy she is playing with the toy. Umji chuckles when she saw the happy woman in her early 30’s playing with the toy with one hand while holding and eating her burger in the other. Yerin also does the same, smiling like a proud mother as the two has stop fighting and Umji even give Handyman Oppa permission to play with the toy.

SinB on the other hand looks at Handyman Oppa concernedly. She is actually worries about the older woman. SinB leaves the older woman and goes into her room to change her clothes. She puts on a tshirt and a tight jeans. Then, she goes to Yerin’s room as someone is in the toilet and found the older girl laying on the bed. SinB lean against the bed frame facing the older girl.

”Did something happened when you guys went out for lunch?” SinB asks Yerin.

”What do you mean?” Yerin questions SinB back as she doesn’t understand what SinB means with her question.

”Did something happened with oppa? She usually play when she is stressed or upset.” SinB asks but this time she told Yerin her concerns.

”We just ate some sandwiches, that’s all.” Yerin answers indifferently.

”Ohh. Did you say something to her? Wait, did you tell her about last night? You didn’t, right?” SinB’s asks anxiously.

”What? Do you want me to tell her?” Yerin asks the younger girl back to which the younger girl responded with a rigorous head shaking and hand flapping telling her not to.

”Don’t. No. Please don’t. And can we please not talk about it ever? Please.” SinB clasped her hands together asking the favour from Yerin.

”Okay.” Yerin said with a hint of dejected in her voice as she was a bit hurt with how bad SinB doesn’t want the older woman to know about last night which she already knew because Yerin accidentally told her earlier. 

Yerin gets up from her bed and leave the room with SinB as Sowon enters the room indicating the toilet is now vacant. SinB goes to the toilet and Yerin joins Handyman Oppa in the living room. The older woman has stopped playing with the toy and finished eating her burger. Handyman Oppa has her eyes glued to the TV’s screen.

”Done playing?” Yerin asks as she take the toy and examine it.

”My ten minutes has ended.” said Handyman Oppa.

Yerin sits next to Handyman Oppa and the two of them watch the TV attentively. Sometimes they let out a sigh, sometimes they exclaims with happiness, “oooh” and “aahhh”, and even “aaawoooo”. At a glance, the two looks like a twin as they are watching the TV with the same amount of excitement and interest, and even reacting to the same thing - pretty girls.

Umji has been watching Yerin and Handyman Oppa for a while without them noticing her. She chuckles seeing the two adoring the pretty girls on TV, mostly girl group idols. Although Umji could not hear them, but they seem to be discussing quite a bit when they watched the CF featuring Seolhyun of AOA. There were smacking and laughing involved as well. SinB appears from behind and elbows Umji asking her what is she doing.

”Those two. They have been gawking over pretty girls on the TV like some teenage boys.” Umji whispers in SinB’s ear.

”What? Why didn’t you stop them?” SinB asks, feeling an intense jealousy.

”It’s funny to see them exclaiming with joy and sometimes almost drooled over someone on the TV. I’m amazed that these two are very similar to each other.” Umji laughs and follows SinB who already started walking towards the two girls.

”What are you two watching?” SinB asks irritatedly as she pulls Yerin and Handyman Oppa’s ears.

”Cartoons...” Handyman Oppa answers, quickly changes the channel.

SinB just ignores the Handyman Oppa’s blatant lie and proceeds to pinch the older woman’s stomach. Handyman Oppa cries out in pain while Yerin just laughs at her, earns Yerin a pinch in her stomach as well from SinB. Sowon got out from her room and said they should be going so they are not going to be late. Umji and SinB cling onto Sowon’s hand as they walk from the dorm to the car park.

Yerin stays behind to talk to Handyman Oppa and she once again laid out her plan to help Sowon and Eunha.

”Okay, oppa. Here is our plan.” Yerin starts talking as soon as Sowon and the two maknaes are in front of them at a distance that they could not hear them talking.

”Whose plan? And what plan?”

”The plan for Sowon-Eunha reconciliation project: Let’s start fresh, you and me. The love I envy, please don’t let me down.” Yerin said enthusiastically.

”Uhh. That’s a mouthful. Did we decide that? And what’s with the title?” Handyman Oppa responded indifferently.

”Is it important? Do you want me to sing it to you?” Yerin said, a bit irritated by the lack of interest from the older woman.

“I would appreciate if you could dance to it as well. Uh, by the way, when you sing that verse in the music video, you look really beautiful and you have captured my heart and eyes every time I watch the video.” 

“Oh? Thank you, oppa. I didn’t know you had eyes on me. Was I really beautiful in that video?” Yerin was blushing, tucking her hair behind her ears, looking down, asking the older oppa shyly.

”Yes! You are very pretty, Yerin. At that moment in the video, you looks exceptionally beautiful.” Handyman Oppa grins at the site of shy Yerin.

”Thank you oppa. Wait...oppa! Don’t try to change the topic. Okay, here is the plan. Oppa, you take care of Eunha and I will take care of Sowon. You have to make sure Eunha doesn’t have a change of heart or think about forgetting Sowon unnie.” 

“You do realise that I am a charming, sweet, romantic person, don’t you? Don’t you think me taking care of someone who is heartbroken has a high chances of that someone falls in love with me? I don’t think that’s what you want, right?” Handyman Oppa said in all seriousness in her voice and face.

”Oppa, stop trying to wriggle your way out of this project. It’s not going to happen. You and I are a team. And you, stop being caring, charming and sweet, will you? Jihyo texted me this morning saying how sweet were you and she thinks she is falling for you. And Nayeon too. S.T.O.P. Stop.” Yerin glares at Handyman Oppa who just look at her wondering what does Yerin means.

“What? Who? And this is me being me, do you want me to change and be someone else for this project?” Handyman Oppa asks.

”You met them last Sunday night at the strawberries milk cafe. If you keep being you, you are going to end up breaking a lot of girls’ heart. Great, that is a great idea. Stop being you while we are helping the two get back together.” Yerin stares into Handyman Oppa eyes showing that she is serious about getting her plan to work.

”You won’t like it if I stop being myself. Oh, maybe I should? If I’m not being myself, I would say no to your idea and this whole project. Yes, I am not me anymore. So, no, I am not a part of your project.” 

Yerin take a deep breath as the older woman is getting on her nerves with her relentless efforts to avoid helping her with her plan. 

“You, oppa. Be yourself. And oppa, you are part of this project, just accept it already. Be yourself, take good care of Eunha. But, don’t you dare make her fall for you. Got that?” Yerin cupped the older woman’s face and said it straight to the oppa’s face.

”Yah! Is that what you think of me?” Handyman Oppa frowns at Yerin.

”Ne! If I didn’t get the text from Jihyo and Nayeon, I wouldn’t have thought it would be possible.” 

“Aihh, being a nice person shouldn’t be this hard.” Handyman Oppa grunted.

”Be a good and nice person and help me with this project. Not go out and make all the girls fall for your charms.” Yerin let out a sigh.

”Fine. As you say, my master.” Handyman Oppa said as she bows in front of Yerin before they join the other girls who are already waiting by the car.

Handyman Oppa drives the girls to their practice. Everyone just sit silently focusing on their phone except Yerin and Handyman Oppa who are looking out the window at the passers-by. Sometimes Yerin elbowed the older woman and tilted her head at the direction of the person she thinks is interesting for them to look at, and sometimes Handyman Oppa did that to her. They then look at each other and nod their head in agreement of something only the two of them know.

”Eyes on the road, you two filthy, ert people.” SinB who caught them in act yells at Yerin and Handyman Oppa while twisting their ears causing the two to scream in pain.

Getting their ears twisted making Yerin and Handyman Oppa well behaved. Yerin turns on the radio while Handyman Oppa keep her head looking straight with much difficulty. As she could not look around, Handyman Oppa sings along to the song on the radio. Handyman Oppa sings ‘Like being shot by a bullet’ by Baek Ji Young as if she is singing for an audition.

’Pang!’ A quick and strong slap landed on her thigh causing her to halt her singing. The slap is so painful that she could feel her skin underneath her jeans are burning and bleeding. It is so painful that it silences Handyman Oppa. There are only tears rolling down her cheeks. The older woman turns around facing Yerin as she silently crying out of pain. Yerin mouthed sorry begging for Handyman Oppa’s forgiveness to which the older woman responded with shaking her head a couple of times.

”Oppa, do you like to play because you don’t get to play when you were young?” Umji suddenly asks Handyman Oppa.

”No. Why?” Handyman Oppa is surprise by the question asks Umji back.

”Eunha unnie’s sister said you graduated from medical school when you were really young. So, you must have not played very much because you have to study” explained Umji.

”No. I always play. I did study but I really like to play since I was a kid. I mean, I was about 15 or 16 when I graduated from medical school, so I was still a kid and I always play even back then. Most of the time, I studied while playing with toys and games. I just like to play, until now.” 

“Really? Do you have a lot of toys and games at your house?” Umji asks amazed by the fact that a person could play while studying and still be good in her study.

”Yes. I have a lot. I think my office at home kind of look like a game room rather than an office.” Handyman Oppa smiles at Umji through the reflection of her rearside mirror. Umji’s eyes widened upon hearing what Handyman Oppa just said.

”Really?! What kind of games oppa?” Yerin asks excitedly.

Handyman Oppa listed the arcade games and toys she has at home including a claw machine game, a basketball shooting game, electronic dart, street fighter arcade machine, game console, and even an arm wrestling machine. Yerin’s eyes widened upon hearing Handyman Oppa listed the games she has, particularly the claw machine game that causes her eyes to sparkle.

”Okay. This weekend we are having a sleepover at oppa’s house.” Yerin suddenly announces a plan that she made up on her own.

Yerin’s plan was well received by Umji and SinB who clapped their hands while cheering gleefully. Handyman Oppa was caught by surprise once again by Yerin’s action is at loss of words just gives up from trying to ask why and accepts that it is a done deal. The three girls are happily discussing the games they will play, the things they should bring and what food should they eat for the sleepover.

When they arrive at Gfriend’s company building, Sowon, Umji and SinB got out of the car leaving Yerin and Handyman Oppa to bring the burgers and drinks to the practice room. 

“Oppa, so this is our next move for the Sowon-Eunha reconciliation project. Sleepover at your place.” Yerin said as she helps Handyman Oppa with the paper bag filled with burgers.

”Oh? The title got shorter, now? I thought we agree to let them figure out their feelings first?” asked Handyman Oppa.

”Aih. It’s easier. Why are you so engrossed with the title? Well...we are. You said give Sowon a week to live with her decision right? I am giving her a week. Plus, it’s not like we are doing anything. Just a sleepover at your place, have some grilled meat, play some games, that’s all. We don’t do anything or force them to get back together.” Yerin said confidently but smiles slyly at the end.

”Ahh. Is that it? We won’t play games such as spin the bottle, truth or dare, or seven minutes in heaven. We are not going to ask them to cook something together while we are out shopping for ingredients that we forgot to buy. Or something like pre-arranged their room arrangement. We are not going to do things like this, aren’t we?” Handyman Oppa asks seeing through Yerin’s plan to which Yerin responded with shrugging her shoulder.

”We can’t help it if those are the games people used to play when they have sleepover. I didn’t plan it. You can’t possibly blame me for forgetting something and had to go to the store to buy it and wouldn’t it be more efficient for someone to stay at home and cook the rice while we go out to get something.” Yerin said as she smiles and winks at Handyman Oppa.

****

‘Oppa, can you pick me up now.’

Eunha stares at her phone reading the text message she sent at Handyman Oppa a few seconds ago and waiting for the oppa to reply. She looks at the time and she just realise that it is only 4.30 in the morning and she just texted Handyman Oppa as soon as she wakes up and feels her swollen eyes.She didn’t thinks it through, when she woke up, her eyes couldn’t open big enough, so she immediately pulled out her phone and texted the oppa.

She feels guilty for disturbing the oppa this early in the morning, but there is no one else could help her. Just as Eunha was about to type a new text message to say sorry to Handyman Oppa and to disregard her text earlier, the older woman’s replied to her message. ‘Okay. Be there in fifteen minutes.’ 

Handyman Oppa waits for her at the front door. Eunha takes her bag that she puts in her clothes and a few makeups. The older woman smiles sadly at Eunha as soon as their eyes meet. Handyman Oppa takes the bag from Eunha and hold Eunha’s wrist, leading the way to the lift and then her car. A silence filled out the car for the whole fifteen minutes car ride from Gfriend’s dorm to Handyman Oppa’s apartment.

Just like before, Handyman Oppa wears Eunha’s bag on her back and hold the girl’s wrist leading her to her apartment. Handyman Oppa opens the door, welcomes Eunha in and walks straight to her bedroom without letting go of Eunha’s hand. Eunha just follows Handyman Oppa without saying anything. Handyman Oppa puts down the bag by the king size bed.

”Let’s get some sleep first, can we? Just a little bit more sleep, then we will wake up and have breakfast before we go to work.” Handyman Oppa said almost pleadingly with her eyes half closed forcing Eunha who is already feeling guilty to nod her head agreeing with the older woman.

Handyman Oppa still holds onto Eunha’s wrist climbs up onto the bed slowly so she wouldn’t pull Eunha’s hand. Eunha follows. As soon as the older woman’s body lays flat on the bed, Eunha saw her eyes fully close. Eunha scoots on the bed and lay down next to Handyman Oppa who seems to be sleeping already as she suddenly lets go of her wrist. Eunha stares at the ceiling’s fan as she tried to sleep but she couldn’t. The tears are attempting to escape her eyes as the thought of Sowon came to her mind. Just as the tears came rolling down her cheeks, Handyman Oppa said in her low, coarse morning voice.

”You can cry on my shoulder. I have a few bottles of frozen water, we can use it to reduce the swelling later. Come.”

Handyman Oppa moves closer to Eunha and extends her arms and slid it under Eunha’s neck. The older woman did all that while her eyes are half closed. Eunha who is still crying, takes up the offer and buries her head on the oppa’s broad shoulder. She cries her heart out while wrapping her arm around Handyman Oppa’s stomach. Handyman Oppa didn’t say anything, just embrace Eunha tightly and occasionally her spine. Eunha continues to cry while Handyman Oppa sleeps. Eventually Eunha also fells asleep while embracing the older woman with her head rested on Handyman Oppa’s chest.

About after an hour and a half, Handyman Oppa wakes up and she slowly lifted Eunha’s head and gently places it on the pillow. Eunha opens her eyes just as Handyman Oppa about to get off the bed.

”Oppa...” Eunha calls the older woman weakly as she grabs the older woman’s wrist.

”Shuuhh. You can sleep in more. It’s still early. I’ll fix some breakfast for you.” Handyman Oppa said as she caresses Eunha’s head.

”What time is it now?” Eunha asks.

”Seven.” 

Eunha nods and lets go of the older woman’s wrist. She moves her hand around her searching for her handphone. Handyman Oppa hands the phone to Eunha and ruffles her hair before gets off the bed and stretch her arms by the bed. Handyman Oppa leaves the room soon after. Eunha send a text to Gfriend’s group chat and goes back to sleep. After about thirty minutes, Eunha wakes up and goes to the kitchen to find Handyman Oppa. The older woman is standing in front of the stove cooking their breakfast.

A waves of guilt filled up Eunha’s heart as she sees the older woman is grilling some fish in the pan while stirring some kind of soup that is boiling in a pot placed on the stove next to her. Eunha quickly walks to the stove and takes the spoon from Handyman Oppa’s hand who is still gladly gives up the spoon although was a bit shocked by her sudden appearance.

”Do you have an early practice session? What time do you need to be there?” Handyman Oppa said as she picks up the cooked fish and put it in a plate she already has next to her.

”No. I have vocal training scheduled at 10 a.m. You can drop me earlier as you need to go to your office as well.” Eunha said as she is helping the older woman with the chicken and vegetables soup. 

“Oh, you can still sleep in. I don’t have any class or meeting today, so I don’t have to go to the office or I can come in late.” Handyman Oppa said as she pours in beaten eggs on the pan to make some rolled eggs.

“I am not sleepy anymore. Oppa, I’m sorry I have troubled you.” Eunha said looking at Handyman Oppa apologetically.

”Don’t be. I am not troubled by it. You can call me anytime and I’ll go and pick you up. I don’t know where else we should go, so I just brought you home. If you want to go somewhere else, you can just tell me, okay? Don’t feel guilty or anything, feel free to call me, text me whenever you need me. I am here for you to help you or accompany you, anything you want you can ask me.” Handyman Oppa said as she turns off the gas and brings the plates filled with grilled fish and eggs to the dining table.

”Do you want to eat now or after we had our shower?” Handyman Oppa asks Eunha who is still in the kitchen while she puts down the plates on the dining table that is placed in the dining area between the kitchen and the living room. 

Eunha is trying to lift the pot filled with chicken and vegetables soup to bring it to the table when Handyman Oppa walks back into the kitchen and asked her to stop. Eunha was asked to step away from the stove which she just followed without making a fuss. Eunha just watched Handyman Oppa continues what she was about to do earlier and follow her to the dining table. The dining table is already been set by Handyman Oppa. There are a few banchans already on the table including cabbage kimchi, spinach, fried anchovies and the rolled eggs that she saw Handyman Oppa cooked just now. The only thing missing is the rice.

”Do you want to eat now or after we showered first?” Handyman Oppa asks Eunha who is still staring at the dishes on the table.

”We?” Eunha asks confused with the meaning implied by Handyman Oppa’s question.

”I mean we, not as in showering together, But, we, you and me, separately shower. We can use the same bathroom or different one because there are two bathrooms in this house. Not we, taking a shower together.” Handyman Oppa explains it clearly to Eunha who just stares blankly at her.

Eunha smiles cheekily when the flustered Handyman Oppa finished explaining. She enjoys watching the older woman who is usually calm and collected, flustered over her question. Eunha chuckles as she looks at how careful Handyman Oppa explaining her meaning of showering.

”But we could saved some water if we take a shower together. It will be quicker as well. Well... I can’t guarantee how much quicker it would be, but we would definitely get out of the shower at the same time.” Handyman Oppa who sees Eunha smiles and chuckles immediately uses her turn to play with Eunha back.

Eunha stops smiling, gulping upon hearing Handyman Oppa’s suggestion. Her cheeks turn to bright red and she looks down trying to hide her blushing face from Handyman Oppa. Anyone in the world would be embarrassed hearing those suggestions, let alone a young girl like Eunha. Handyman Oppa doesn’t stop there, she keeps teasing Eunha when she calls Eunha’s name as she was walking to the bedroom. 

“Eunha-yang, let’s go. We’ll use the bathroom in my bedroom.” Handyman Oppa extends her hand to Eunha, earning her a strong slaps from Eunha.

”You are a wealthy ahjussi. You can afford the water bill.” Eunha said as she pinches the older woman’s stomach.

”Ouch!! I might lose some skin in my stomach one day. You girls just love pinching me.” Handyman Oppa cried out in pain.

“You brought it onto yourself, oppa!” Eunha said running into the en-suite bathroom in Handyman Oppa’s bedroom.

”You can use the one outside, you ert!” Eunha screams from behind the bathroom door when Handyman Oppa knocks on the door repeatedly asking Eunha to let her in, to which the older woman just laughs out loud as a response.

Eunha still keeps her clothes on, standing in front of the mirror, staring at her own reflection in the mirror. Just when she heard the bedroom door is being closed, only then she starts to relax and turns on the shower. Eunha waits for the water to get hot before removing her clothes one by one and kick them to the side. Eunha feels refreshed as the warm water run down her body but suddenly a stream of cold water was spit out of the shower head causing her to flinch. She let out a small scream and then smiles as she realises that the water in Handyman Oppa’s apartment might be the same in her dorm. The water turns cold for a few seconds whenever someone flushes the toilet or use the sink at the same time they use the shower.

Just for a while, Eunha didn’t have Sowon in her mind. She just enjoys the feeling of refreshing and happiness without worrying about Sowon or devastated with what happened between them. She just let the warm water runs down her body. Eunha finished showering fifteen minutes later. When she came in the bathroom earlier, a bath and face towels and a new toothbrush still in its package had already been placed on the vanity top. Eunha didn’t bring her clothes with her as she rushed into the bathroom earlier so she just wrapped the towel around her body and goes out of the bathroom. 

Both Eunha and Handyman Oppa enters the bedroom at the same time. Eunha only has the towel wrapped around her body from her chest to a few centimetres below her knees. Meanwhile, Handyman Oppa wears a singlet and a towel wrapping from just above her pelvist to her knees. Handyman Oppa just act like nothing is unusual and goes to the walk-in wardrobe to get her shirt and pant while Eunha is walking slowly towards the bed because her bag was placed beside the bed. 

“I don’t have a dressing table in my room. There’s one in the other room if you want to use it.” Handyman Oppa said to Eunha as she puts the pant and shirt on the bed.

”Oh? Okay.” Eunha stutters as she is incredibly nervous when Handyman Oppa sits on the bed, just a few centimetres away from her who just has a piece of cloth covering her body.

”Or you can use the mirror in the bathroom.” Handyman Oppa suggested while reaching for the deodorant that is on the bedside table and applies it. The eeriee silence causes the older woman to realise that the young girl in a towel standing near her has already turned red as a beetroot.

”Ahh. I’m sorry. My bad. I’ll let you get dressed first.” Handyman Oppa said and quickly leaves the room. 

Eunha plops down on the bed as soon as Handyman Oppa disappears behind the door. She let out a long sigh, she can’t believe that Handyman Oppa who usually quick-witted but today fails to see how embarrassed she was standing only wearing a towel, alone with her in the room.

She dressed up and gets out of the bedroom to find Handyman Oppa sitting on the couch playing a game on her Playstation. Eunha stands next to the couch, all dressed up with a light make up on her face just watched Handyman Oppa plays the game. 

“I’m done.” Eunha said as soon as Handyman Oppa shut down the console. 

“Oh okay. I’ll just be a minute, then we can eat breakfast together.” Handyman Oppa leaves the living room to her room.

Now that Eunha is fully dressed, she can finally lays her eyes on the older woman. This is Eunha’s first time seeing Handyman Oppa’s exposed upper limbs and legs. She expected the older woman’s upper limbs and legs to be well built seeing how she often goes to the gym and swims. Handyman Oppa’s body caught Eunha’s eyes as it is pleasing to see, however, one part of the older woman’s body is driving her crazy - her hairy legs. 

Handyman Oppa only took five minutes to get dressed. Eunha already waited at the table as she sets the table and scoops some rice for both of them. Although this is not Eunha’s first time seeing Handyman Oppa in her office outfit, but her heart races as the older woman sits next to her, thank her for the food and begins to eat. Somehow, Eunha feels so content and comfortable with the situation right now. To be able to sit down, having breakfast together just before going to work every morning certainly makes Eunha happy. Handyman Oppa drives Eunha to practice before left for her office.

For the next two days, Eunha and Handyman Oppa do the same thing over again except for the awkward half- encounters.

****

Yerin sticks around Sowon like a glue for the whole week. She asks the older girl how is she feeling, how is she holding up, and even asks her if it’s harder than it looks. Yerin knew she is not supposed to do that, but, she was actually worried as both Sowon and Eunha don’t look like they are really struggling. But, she realises that they are actually suffering as she heard Sowon cries in her sleep the third night. She usually see Sowon cries herself to sleep but on the third night, she heard the girl cries in her sleep.

That was the same night that she saw Eunha left their dorm at around five in the morning. She said in the group chat that she was going out for a morning run at around 7 a.m. and will go straight to the practice room afterwards, which is about two hours after she actually left the dorm. And sshe did the same thing the next day. Yerin didn’t asks Eunha about it, but she asked Handyman Oppa about it the first time she saw Eunha left early in the morning. Fortunately, Handyman Oppa has been picking her up from their dorm and bring her to her house as Eunha has been crying to sleep and she needs to cover it up so the girls would not notice it. 

That was when Yerin has an inkling that Sowon might brake anytime soon. She secretly thanked Handyman Oppa for her willingness to pick up Eunha every morning and praised the older woman’s plan to make Sowon feels the loss of Eunha everyday. Although Yerin never asked and confirmed it with Handyman Oppa, she is confident this is the older woman’s plan. Yerin always know even the older woman acts indifferently when she told her about the project, she cares too much about Sowon and Eunha to just to let them be. 

Today is the third day Eunha left home early. Everyone knows it because Eunha informs them in the group chat. Yerin prepares the breakfast for the girls and wakes up Sowon who still wrapped herself under the blanket.

“You guys can have breakfast without me. I don’t feel like eating or getting up today.” Sowon said to Yerin from under her blanket.

“Unnie, you have to eat. You are not going to have enough energy to practice if you don’t eat.” Yerin said persuading Sowon while pulling the blanket down to expose Sowon’s head.

”What is the point? It’s not like Eunha is here. I don’t think she even cares about me.” Sowon said sulkily as she pulls the blanket over her head.

“We can meet her during practice. So, you have to get up and have breakfast. Then, we’ll go and meet Eunha. Okay?” Yerin doesn’t gives up and tries again.

”I don’t want to. I’m skipping practice today.”

Yerin’s eyes widened upon hearing Sowon’s response resorting to directly suggesting to the older girl to get back together with Eunha with both Handyman Oppa and her help.

”What can you guys do? I have hurt Eunha so bad, I even broke up with her. Nothing can fix it now.” Sowon said rejecting Yerin’s offer.

“I think what you said to Eunha the other night is right. She deserves better. Someone who loves her, who cares for her so much that they would fight for her. You are right. I really do hope Eunha finds that someone.” Yerin said to Sowon before she leaves the room.

Yerin changes her tactics to help Sowon realises that her decision for letting go of Eunha is the most regrettable decision she ever made by doing some reverse psychology tactic on her. Yerin purposely said that Sowon was right for saying that Eunha deserves better, hoping Sowon could get worked up and decides to get back together with Eunha. She prays hard that this would work because it is painful to see Sowon crying every night and skipping her meals. 

****

“Oppa!!!” shouts Yerin as soon as she and the other five members of Gfriend let themselves in into Handyman Oppa’s apartment. 

Yerin does not know whether the older woman is home or not because she didn’t text or call her before they arrived, but Handyman Oppa already knows they are coming. Handyman Oppa already texted SinB and Yerin the passcode for her apartment earlier this morning and tell them to let themselves in when they arrive. The older woman didn’t go to the event they were performing today as she has classes and meetings with her students. 

“Ne!!!” Handyman Oppa shouts back at Yerin.

Yerin and the girls follow the sound of Handyman Oppa’s voice and found her in a room in front of a computer. The room happened to be the oppa’s work/game room that Yerin and the girls are looking forward to go to. 

Eunha and SinB both had their eyes captured by Handyman Oppa’s appearance tonight. The older woman was looking at the monitor wearing her glasses with her serious expression.

“Working oppa is handsome and attractive.” SinB said to herself as she enters the room going straight to the older woman.

”Working?” SinB asks as she stands behind Handyman Oppa’s chair.

”Yeah. Just a bit more.” Handyman Oppa said as she turns her head facing SinB and smiles at the young girl.

“Girls, make yourself at home. You can use the two bedrooms. I’ll be with you guys in five minutes.” Handyman Oppa smiles at the other five girls who are already roaming around the room.

”Oppa, can we play this?” Yerin asks excitedly standing in front of the shooting game machine.

”Yes, yes. You guys can play. Just turn it on. There’s a bowl with coins that you can use over there.” Handyman Oppa just pointed at the bowl on top of the claw machine game that immediately caught Yerin’s eyes.

Yerin, Eunha, Yuju and Umji gather around the machine. Yerin turns on the machine and put the coin in to start the game as the other three girls requested which toy they want.

”Tired? Do you want to sit with me or play with them?” Handyman Oppa asks as she turns the chair around facing SinB. Handyman Oppa naturally slips her arms around SinB’s waist causing the younger girl to flinch.

”Play. I want to play. Bye.” Answered SinB stuttering.

SinB wriggles her way out of Handyman Oppa’s embrace and quickly walks towards the other girls who are chering the super focused Yerin playing the claw game. Handyman Oppa just smiles and continues her work. She noticed Sowon just standstill among the girls without saying anything, staring at Eunha with a pair of sad eyes. 

“Oppa, step one is a success. Now, step two.” Yerin said to Handyman Oppa as soon as the other girls left the room to get changed.

”What?” Handyman Oppa looks at Yerin as she takes her glasses off and put it on the table.

”One week. You said Sowon unnie will get a taste of her own medicine in a week. And thanks to your plan picking up Eunha every morning, it did wonders to our Sowon and Eunha project.” Yerin gives Handyman Oppa a thumbs up and her infamous eye smile.

”What plan? Oh shoot! I think it’s time for your plan now. Let’s go!” Handyman Oppa practically jumps up from her chair causing Yerin to flinch.

”Wait. What’s my plan?” Yerin asks grabbing Handyman Oppa’s wrist stopping the older woman from sprinting out of the room.

”Anything. Stall them for me. I think they are fighting in my bedroom. Go and execute your room arrangement thingy you talked about the other day.” Handyman Oppa said to Yerin while trying to get out of the room as quickly as she can.

”What? How do I do that? Oppa...” Yerin was flustered with Handyman Oppa’s sudden suggestion as she has not prepared anything.

”Do what ever you can. Just stall them. Eunha’s and my dirty clothes are in my bathroom’s floor. If you don’t want to risk someone found them, we should hurry and just stall them for a minute for me.” Handyman Oppa explains leaving Yerin still trying to process the information.

”Aish.” Yerin finally get a hold of what is happening runs after Handyman Oppa who is already standing at the bedroom door.

Handyman Oppa and Yerin peeked their head into the room that is filled with four girls bickering on the bed. It seems like everyone wants to sleep in the master bedroom because of the en-suite bathroom. As they were bickering, Yuju suddenly gets up from the bed and walks towards the bathroom. The very bathroom that has Eunha’s and Handyman Oppa’s dirty clothes laying around on its floor.