Handyman Oppa, who are you?

Do you love me?

Handyman Oppa, who are you? Why are you doing this to me? How can you do this to me? What is this feeling?

These are questions that SinB kept asking herself ever since she met the eleven years older woman that doesn’t mind being called ‘oppa’ and preferred to be called ‘yoebo’. SinB just smile and unknowingly her cheeks turn red when she remembered their conversation via text message.

*****

’I hope your hand doesn’t hurt so much. Should have warned you that I workout so most part of my body is kind of hard like a rock. Sorry. Oh and this is Handyman Oppa. Sorry to bother you this late at night.’

SinB who was caressing her right hand was surprised but delighted when she read the text message. She was waiting for a call or text message since this afternoon after she gave her number to the ‘oppa’ that saved her from the hammer. 

‘It’s okay. You are not bothering me and it doesn’t hurt, my hand is okay. But, your shoulder is really hard, felt like I was slapping a rock. Haha. And it is not that late, it’s only 10.15 pm.’ SinB read the text again for the seventh times just to make sure everything is okay and hit send.

’Did you check your message over and over again? You typed 10.15 but now is 10.20.’

SinB read the text message that she received just a few seconds after she sent her message. SinB embarrassingly cover her face with her hand when she read the message as if anyone can see her right now.

’Well I am texting a professor. So I have to make sure that everything is good.’ 

‘Ohh. Should I sing to you then? Since I’m texting a singer. Uhh or I should dance because you are a good dancer. But the one and only dance I am good in is the dance. Is it okay with you?’

SinB squaled and laughs her heart out. She shook her head a few times. She can’t believe the person who said she is good in ‘ dance’ is a professor. Although this is her first time talking to a professor, she is certain that all the other professors are not like this.

‘Can you really sing when we are texting? And are you serious about the dance? Oh and do you really don’t mind me talking to you casually? I mean you are older than me...What do you want me to call you? I heard Solar unnie called you Handyman oppa...so, what do you want me to call you?’ SinB just realised that they have been texting and she just texted her informally without using honorific with a woman eleven years older than her.

’If you want to call me like Solar call me, I don’t mind. But, if you are really asking me, I would have preferred if you call me yeobo.’

The phone slipped off SinB’s hand just as she finished reading the text. Her heart beats like crazy. Her stomach feels like it is filled with thousands of butterflies that are racing up to her chest and throat as if they are trying to escape her body through that is slightly open because of shock. She is blushing that she can feel her cheek is burning up.

‘I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said that. Call me whatever you want. It’s fine by me. You probably should go to bed now, sorry that I bother you tonight. Let me know if your hand starts to feel painful, we will go and have a doctor examine your hand. Have a good rest tonight. Don’t work yourself too hard, take a good care of yourself. Sleep tight, sweet dreams.’

SinB just realised that she did not reply the last text message Handyman Oppa sent her. Now she just receives a new message. ‘This person really is sweet and caring’ SinB thought to herself when she read the message and smile. The butterflies in her stomach that had been settle down just now, came back to action. 

‘No, you should not be sorry, oppa. Alright then, I am going to bed now just because you told me to. I will try and take care of myself. You too. Have a good night sleep tonight. Good night oppa.’ 

SinB read the message for the last time and send it to Handyman Oppa that she decided to call oppa although she knew that oppa is a woman. But she doesn’t seem feminine so, calling her oppa is kind of befitting her image. Though she do have a long hair, just pass her shoulder. She read the message again and she just facepalm herself when she got to the part ‘I am going to bed just because you told me to’. She was embarrassed with herself. ‘Why did she say that?’ 

Ting! ‘okay’. The last message from Handyman Oppa is short, just one word.No emoticon, no emoji, no sound or anything, not even a period.   Somehow, it makes SinB smiles and contented. She goes to bed still wearing the smile.

*****

Yerin just watched SinB got lost in her own world on the couch with the TV on. She was in the kitchen getting some water and she saw SinB was caressing her hand when suddenly she was startled by the the sound of a new message notification for her phone. Yerin was about to tease SinB because she looks really cute and funny, but decided not to as she saw SinB was smiling after she read the message.

Yerin finishes the water and waited for a perfect moment for her to say something to SinB but it has been about five minutes that the girl two years younger than her kept staring at her phone. She was getting sleepy so she decided to just let go of her plan to tease SinB. 

“SinB ya, don’t stay up too late we have a morning schedule tomorrow.”

Said Yerin while leaving the kitchen towards the couch where SinB is currently sitting. Yerin hugs SinB’s shoulder from the back of the couch. SinB look up and their eyes met and they both smile. 

“Are you going to bed now? Alright, I’ll go to bed later. Not going to stay up late, don’t worry.” SinB said to Yerin while looking up to her.

”Okay then. Good night sweetie.” Yerin said while kissing SinB’s forehead. 

“Good night unnie.” SinB smiles as Yerin was kissing her forehead.

Yerin caught a glimpse of SinB’s message when she hugged her and say good night just now. Because of the message, she called on all her courage to kiss SinB goodnight. She is used to kiss the other members including SinB, everyone knows that. But those kisses are not the same as this one. She knows the difference, she can feel the difference. This time, she was softer and for her it was overflowing with her love. 

She usually fast asleep, somehow tonight she can’t seem to close her eyes. Yerin just stare blankly at the ceiling. She heard SinB is laughing and the sounds sting her heart. Usually the sound of SinB’s laugh makes her heart flutters, it eases her mind and never failed to make her smile. Tonight, the laughter somehow makes her heart trembles with fear of eventually losing SinB to someone else. Tears left her eyes unexpectedly when she thinks about it. 

****

”Yerin unnie, why do you have puffy eyes?” 

SinB asks Yerin as soon as she sits down beside her favourite unnie. She runs her fingers around Yerin’s eyes and examine them carefully. She then put her hand on Yerin’s forehead to check if she caught a fever because it was raining yesterday during the shooting of their reality show.

”Are you sick? Did you get enough sleep last night?” Yerin just shook her head a few times, responding to SinB’s questions.

”You told me to get enough sleep last night, but your yourself didn’t sleep well. Why?” SinB is a bit frustrated and angry when she learn that Yerin didn’t get much sleep last night.

”Because of you.” Yerin answers the question without leaving her eyes off the cereal bowl in fronf of her.

”Why?”

“Because I kissed you good night but you didn’t kiss me back.” Yerin pouted.

SinB slowly put her hand cupping Yerin’s face and turn it around so they are facing each other. Yerin looks down, she couldn’t look into SinB’s eyes. 

“Good morning my Yerin unnie.” SinB gently pull Yerin’s face and kiss the tip of her nose causing both of them blushing.

Without knowing, both Yerin and SinB shares the same thoughts. ‘My heart still trembles everytime we do this. When we hold each other close and dearly, when I kiss you, when you kiss me.’

*****