Why aren’t you my girlfriend?

Do you love me?

Handyman Oppa puts on her boxer and muscle-t as soon as she finished bathing. The clock shows it is only 11.30 p.m. but she decides to get into bed as there is nothing interesting on TV. Plus, she has someone over tonight, it wouldn’t be appropriate for her to spend time playing video games while the other person is sleeping. She throws herself on the bed, staring vacantly at the ceiling.

A petite, bob-haired girl in a lilac short satin nightgown gets out of the ensuite bathroom, throwing a towel at Handyman Oppa who is staring her intensely, startling her. Handyman Oppa pouts at the girl who is smiling cheekily at her. The girl climbs on the bed and sits next to Handyman Oppa. They both rested their back against the bed’s headboard. 

”Are we going to bed or do you want to talk?” Handyman Oppa asks the girl.

”Let’s go to sleep. I’m a bit tired.” 

Upon hearing the girl in her early twenties’ answers, Handyman Oppa gets up and switch off the lights before hopping back on the bed. The girl is already lying on her side, waiting for Handyman Oppa. As soon as Handyman Oppa gets comfortable on the bed, lying on her back, the girl automatically scoots over and rested her head on Handyman Oppa’s chest, puts her left leg on top of the older woman’s left leg. Just like the girl, Handyman Oppa automatically adjusted her left hand, wrapping around the girl’s shoulder.

They snuggle and because it is a bit cold, Handyman Oppa could feel the girl’s getting hard on her chest. She sighs inwardly but still smiles seeing that the girl has gotten comfortable with her that she is not wearing her bra when she goes to sleep anymore. The girl used to wear a t-shirt and shorts, then she gets a bit more comfortable, she wears her nightgown and now, she wears her nightgown without her bra. 

Cold shower again.

”Why are you sighing?” the girl asks, looking up at Handyman Oppa so their eyes meet.

”Nothing,” Handyman Oppa smiles and kisses the girl’s forehead tenderly.

As if the girl could see that Handyman Oppa is saying something in her mind, she asks again, ”are you sure?” to which Handyman Oppa just nods her head. She kisses the girl’s head one more time and tells her to close her eyes and go to sleep.

Handyman Oppa just smiles looking at the girl shooting a sweet smile at her before tightening her arm’s grasp around her body. Almost half of the girl’s body is on Handyman Oppa’s body and anyone in her position would surely get turn on by it. The feeling is getting intense especially when the girl moves her leg up and down Handyman Oppa’s leg and when her brushes Handyman Oppa’s chest. Hence, the feeling of icy cold shower in the middle of the night or the next morning fills Handyman Oppa’s mind. As she has often been in this position, Handyman Oppa easily falls asleep despite getting turn on and does nothing at all to react to it.

Handyman Oppa’s sleep is disturbed when suddenly a soft, cold lips are touching her lips. Her body responded to it at first, but then when Handyman Oppa comes to her senses, she opens her eyes and immediately stops kissing the lips. She caresses the girl’s shoulder and kisses the top of her head. Her moves wake the girl up.

”What time is it?” the girl asks as she rubs her still half-closed eyes.

Handyman Oppa gets her phone from under her pillow and unlocks the screen. It’s 3.20 in the morning, only a few hours after they have gotten to bed.

”3.20. Go back to sleep,” Handyman Oppa said groggily.

”Then why did you wake me up?” 

”I didn’t. You were dreaming and you kissed me. Well, we kissed. My lips has a mind of its own, so they automatically responded.” Handyman Oppa said jokingly while her eyes are still half-closed.

Handyman Oppa closes her eyes, caressing the girl’s head, trying to go back to sleep. But, she can feel the girl is staring at her, forcing her to slowly opens her eyes.

”What?” Asked Handyman Oppa groggily.

”Why can’t Sowon be more like you?” 

Handyman Oppa looks down, Eunha is trailing her fingers in a circle on her chest. Judging from the girl’s voice, she seems a bit sad, with a hint of disappointment.

”I’ll drag her to the gym next time and told her to work on her shoulder. Okay?” Handyman Oppa said in her cajoling voice, gulping at the same time trying her best not to get overwhelmed by her hormones.

”Aing. That’s not what I mean.” Eunha pouts as she continues to runs her fingers on Handyman Oppa’s chest, instead of circular motion, now the girl is writing her girlfriend’s name.

”I thought you like sleeping here because of my broad shoulder?” asked Handyman Oppa, tapping her shoulder proudly.

”That too. I wish Sowon can be more like you. Why can’t she be more like you???!!!” Eunha now moves on from trailing her fingers to smacking Handyman Oppa’s chest. 

Handyman Oppa groans in pain, immediately grabbing Eunha’s hand to make the girl stop smacking her. Eunha whines, shaking her head frustratedly, because of her issue with Sowon and right now her hand being stopped by Handyman Oppa.

”What do you want her to do? I’ll ask her to do it then.” Handyman Oppa asks the frustrated girl but still holding the girl’s hand, worried that she might smack her again.

Eunha’s smacking right now is turning her on more than its hurting her. So, Handyman Oppa really need the girl to stop doing it while her blood still flows to her brain and she can still think clearly. Once it flows down, she can almost guarantee that she will not be taking a cold shower today.

”When I sleep with you, we can just sleep. I can sleep on your chest, snuggles with you and it doesn’t lead to anything. With her, everything will lead to...you-know-what.” Eunha’s voice raised a notch, with her tone sounding in between of anger and frustration.

”You two are at that stage in your relationship. You just recently discovered this part of activities, so it’s normal for you two to engage in you-know-what.” Handyman Oppa said as she pushes herself up a bit to rest her head and upper back against the headboard, but still lying on the bed. 

”I know. But, I am not ready for that. Kissing...snuggling...I am fine with that. It’s just her hands...keeps travelling to...you-know-where. That, I am not ready for that.” Eunha follows Handyman Oppa’s move and now is resting her upper body on the woman’s abdomen.

”Where?” Handyman Oppa asks, pretending not to know what Eunha meant to which the girl just tilted her head slightly downward, in the direction of her crotch’s area.

”I mean, even cuddling would lead to that. I don’t mind making out, I like it, but I can’t do that every night. I’m tired. I thought some nights when we fell asleep right after getting into bed we wouldn’t be doing it, but then she would woke up in the middle of the night and started signalling me for you-know-what. You and I, we cuddle and the way we sleep, I can only do it with you. But, it doesn’t lead to anything. And just now, you stopped when you realised it. Why can’t her?” Eunha lets out her frustration once again by slapping Handyman Oppa.

”Well...you guys are a couple. You can’t compare her and me. It’s different,” said Handyman Oppa trying to console Eunha and justifies Sowon’s behaviour. 

Handyman Oppa feels that she might be the one encouraging Sowon’s behaviour because she once told the girl about it, indirectly though. But, she is sure Sowon had already have something in her mind knowing that she has been doing great. For Handyman Oppa, what Sowon was doing is totally understandable. On the other hand, she also knows and understands what Eunha is feeling. She doesn’t want to take sides between the two. But, if she has to, it will always be Eunha’s.

”What do you mean it’s different? Am I not attractive, y, pretty enough for you, oppa?” 

Eunha’s question caught Handyman Oppa off guard. She never thought the girl could ask her that kind of questions, especially when it is completely opposite of what she had in mind. 

”No, that’s not what I mean.” said Handyman Oppa stuttering a bit as she was flustered by Eunha’s unexpected question.

Again, Eunha does something unexpected. She gets on Handyman Oppa’s body and straddling the older woman. She moves her body slowly, in a y, seductive way. The girl even runs her fingers slowly on Handyman Oppa’s chest and face when the woman closes her eyes.

”Oppa, open your eyes. I can be y and attractive too. Oppa...” Eunha smacks the woman’s chest while fidgeting her lower body.

Handyman Oppa wanted to cry, she bites her inner cheek. She tries to think about something else and when she can feel her blood are all rushing to her lower body, she shut her eyes. But now, the girl on top of her is jumping up and down on her hip making it worse. Her hormone goes flying.

At this rate, you might as well move to Antartica. You’ll be needing an ice bath!

Handyman Oppa cries in her mind. There’s nothing else Handyman Oppa could do, she wraps her arms around the girl’s waist tightly and pushed them down to make Eunha stop moving.

”I don’t mean that.” Handyman Oppa sighs and just stares at the girl.

”What do you have in mind? Spill it. I know you are thinking of something. Say what you have to say.” Eunha asks and Handyman Oppa just shakes her head.

Handyman Oppa lets out a sigh and tries to get out of telling Eunha what she has in mind. But then Eunha begins to jump up and down again, Handyman Oppa asks her to stop if she wants to hear her thought. Eunha gladly obeys.

”I can say for sure this is what Sowon think too. You are an incredibly beautiful, y, attractive young lady. And that goes the same for me.” Handyman Oppa looks straight into Eunha’s eyes in her serious tone.

”I know. But, why does everything leads to that when I’m with her. See this. I often sit on you like this and nothing happens. I can’t even do this with her,” complaints Eunha, once again fidgeting her lower body.

”Do you want to know why? Do you want me to show you why?” Handyman Oppa asks and the girl nods her head quickly, multiple times rather excitedly not knowing what is waiting for her.

Handyman Oppa smirks as she places her hands at both sides of Eunha’s slender waist. She grips them tightly and pushes them downwards, locking the girl’s lower body from moving. Then Handyman Oppa begins to lift her hips up and moves it upwards towards her chest and then down towards her feet. She repeats the movement slowly at first and then faster for a few reps. Once she saw Eunha’s eyes open wide and gasp, she stops.

”That’s how it feels for her. And the sole reason why it leads to you-know-what.” 

Eunha jumps off Handyman Oppa’s body as soon as she heard what the woman said. She sits on the bed next to Handyman Oppa without saying anything and just stares at the woman. Eunha pulls the blanket and bites its edge. She covers herself with the blanket up to her nose and just stares shyly at Handyman Oppa who just look at her calmly.

”Is-is that what do you feel, oppa?” Eunha asks shyly.

”What? That tingling? Something churning in the stomach? Your guts being wrung?” Handyman Oppa asks Eunha back to which the girl nods weakly.

”Ne. And you are her girlfriend. Of course, she has a hard time controlling herself. You are still new in your relationship. And it is okay if you don’t want to go further, you have to tell her. I think you might want it as well but probably you don’t think it’s the right time yet.” Handyman Oppa smiles warmly at Eunha as she praises herself quietly, feeling proud that she manages to control herself from letting the raging hormones take over her body.

”But...how did you...I mean...why I did that...you felt that but, but we...don’t...” Eunha stutters as she doesn’t know how to asks or explain her question to Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa chuckles seeing how red is Eunha’s face and how cute the usually talkative cute girl to stutter. 

”Cold shower.” Handyman Oppa said simply before letting out a sigh.

”Why do I have to do this with you and not my girlfriend. Haih. Why aren’t you my girlfriend...” Handyman Oppa grunts which caught Eunha off guard, making her angry and honestly hurt by what the woman said.

”Then don’t!” Eunha jumps out of bed, storming out of the room.

Handyman Oppa blinks her eyes, trying to understand what just happened. She slips her hand under her pillow to get her phone and sighs. It’s 3.45 in the morning and she has a girl currently sulking, probably in the living room or in the kitchen. Handyman Oppa thinks hard on what she should do. She’s sleepy, going back to sleep or go after Eunha. The first choice is way more appealing than the second one but with a heavy heart she walks out of the room, scanning the entire house to find Eunha.

”Hey, I’m sorry. Okay, let’s do it.” Handyman Oppa said as she bits her bottom lip, trying to hold in her laughter.

”Oppa!!! In your wildest dream!” Eunha elbowed the woman who’s back hugging her.

Handyman Oppa laughs her heart out seeing how the girl got goosebumps down her neck but then yell at her angrily. She knows Eunha probably felt something, possibly got but pretending to hate what she did and her suggestion.

”What do you want?” Eunha asks as she opens the kitchen cabinet where Handyman Oppa kept her tea, coffee and sugars.

”What??? We are not going back to bed?” Handyman Oppa asks sadly, pouting .

”I can’t be in the same bed with you now. So, choose. I’m going to make some hot chocolate for me. What do you want?” Eunha asks in her serious tone, without even smiling.

”You,” said Handyman Oppa still wants to tease Eunha.

”Tea it is.” Eunha responded nonchalantly, ignoring the older woman’s teasing.

Eunha boils some water and waits for it to be done in the kitchen instead of going to the living room. She doesn’t want to give the older woman a chance to even more. Plus, the tingling feelings are still lingers and she is swamped with guilt for both Sowon and Handyman Oppa. Mostly for the latter. She realises that she has been sleeping in the oppa’s house quite often.

This is the first time she knew what the woman felt and though she is not enjoying the experience, she felt bad for Handyman Oppa and Sowon. At least for Sowon, she sometimes gives in to her. With Handyman Oppa, the woman has to endure it. She finally understands why Handyman Oppa sometimes showers with cold water.

When the water is ready, Eunha takes two mugs from the cabinet and fills them with hot water. She made herself a hot chocolate and a black tea for Handyman Oppa. As she was about to leave the kitchen, she heard Handyman Oppa talking on her phone, ”I have someone here tonight. Just go to the hotel.” 

Eunha puts down the mugs in her hand on the coffee table in front of Handyman Oppa. She shoots a questioning look at the woman sitting on the couch with her phone by her ear.

”Who is calling you at this time, oppa?” Eunha asks as she glances over Handyman Oppa’s shoulder to look at the clock hanging on the wall.

”You heard that? I told you I have company tonight. Just go to the hotel. I’ll see you in a few days anyway. Yes. Bye.” Handyman Oppa ends the call and smiles at her phone before puts it next to her.

”My friend.” Handyman Oppa says to Eunha who is still staring at her as she picks up the mug in front of her. She looks at Eunha who is sitting at the end of the couch with a huge space between them and finds it weird. 

”Are we fighting?” Handyman Oppa asks, unsurely.

Eunha just shakes her head, looking down at the mug she has in her hand. She decided that she should not be too close to Handyman Oppa because she doesn’t want the woman to have some kind of physical reaction because of her. She has a habit of touching, playing with people’s hand or body when she sits close to them. So, Eunha thought if she keeps her distance, Handyman Oppa wouldn’t feel anything. Hence, no cold shower for her.

”I’m sorry for what I said. I was just joking with you.” Handyman Oppa scoots towards Eunha.

”Aniya, aniya. I think it’s best for us to stay away from each other. I might touch you or leans on your body. Then you are going to have to take a cold shower. So, we can talk like this. You over there and I will be here.” Eunha puts her hands up, signalling the woman to stop approaching her.

Handyman Oppa totally ignore what Eunha said and gets closer to the girl. She takes the mug from Eunha’s hand and put it on the table. Slowly, she scoots nearer. Gently she caresses Eunha’s cheek and smiles at the girl.

”Hey, I would gladly endure the coldness of an ice bath. Don’t worry about me. Don’t change because of me. A cold shower is better than talking to you with this distance between us. That’s outright cold, Eunha-yang.” Handyman Oppa looks at Eunha with her cool expression.

”Really? Are you going to be okay?” Eunha asks, her eyes sparkle a bit. Handyman Oppa smiles and pulls the girl into a hug to which Eunha gladly reciprocate.

”We’ll never change, okay?” Eunha holds up her pinky finger at Handyman Oppa.

Handyman Oppa thought pinky promise is childish, but Eunha is looking at her with her eyes beaming a hope as high as a mountain, she doesn’t have a heart to let the girl down. Handyman Oppa holds up her pinky finger and interlaced it with Eunha. But, she still wanted to tease the girl so she says, ”okay, I don’t see you as my sister, we are friends...with benefits?” Eunha responded to Handyman Oppa’s dirty suggestion immediately with a pinch on the woman’s stomach causing Handyman Oppa to groan in pain.

**

”Wake up! We have a meeting in an hour!” Handyman Oppa’s eardrum almost exploded when she heard the loud scream as soon as she picks up her phone. Handyman Oppa looks at her phone’s screen and see ’Sowon’. 

”I called Eunha but she didn’t pick up. So get up and make sure you drop her at the office by 9.30.” Sowon continues to scream despite not getting any response from Handyman Oppa.

”Ne. Arasso.” Handyman Oppa finally responded and ended the call. 

Handyman Oppa smiles as she looks at her chest. She couldn’t remember at what time did Eunha and her fell asleep this morning. They both fell asleep on the couch with Handyman Oppa lies on her back with one leg is resting on the couch’s backrest and another is dangling from the couch. Eunha is sleeping with her face down on Handyman Oppa’s chest, her entire body is on top of the older woman’s body.

Handyman Oppa just smiles looking at the girl sound asleep and chuckles a bit as she remembers that last night, Eunha was planning to stay away from her. But right now, they are sleeping in an intimate position that they never did before. This is the first time for Handyman Oppa and she bet it is the same for Eunha as well. The beautiful Eunha looks peaceful and Handyman Oppa is contemplating whether she should let the girl sleep in or wakes her up. Thinking that it will take about 30 minutes drive from her house to Gfriend’s company building, Handyman Oppa forces herself to wake the girl up.

”Eunha-yah, we have to wake up. You have a meeting in an hour,” said Handyman Oppa softly as she ruffles the girl’s hair.

****

”Where are you with my Eunha?” Sowon’s scream fills the car as soon as Handyman Oppa clicks on the button with green phone’s receiver on her radio.

”Wae?” Handyman Oppa answers Sowon’s loud scream calmly.

”Why aren’t you here?” Sowon asks again, clearly angry.

”Because we are here, not there.” Handyman Oppa responded, purposely teasing the angry girl.

”Stop teasing her, oppa.” Eunha smacks Handyman Oppa’s arm and proceeds to talk to Sowon who is on the line. ”We are on our way, unnie. We’ll be there in a few minutes.”

Eunha got to the practice room just in time before the CEO and managers got there for their meeting. Today they don’t have any schedule or practice except for the meeting. They are going to discuss their event in Japan which will be held in two days. They will leave for Japan for KCON tomorrow and the managing team is going to discuss the itinerary. 

”Prof., you are going to Japan too right? You can stay.” Gfriend’s chief manager said to Handyman Oppa when the woman was about to leave the room after walking Eunha there.

Handyman Oppa nods her head and smiles before pulling a chair with her towards the back of the room. She sits down behind all six Gfriend’s members, to be exact, just behind SinB and Yerin. 

”Morning beautiful,” whispered Handyman Oppa softly to SinB, and the girl responded with a smile, only mouthed ’morning’ because the meeting has started.

****

Yerin looks at Handyman Oppa excitedly when the woman pulls the chair and walks towards her and SinB. She can’t wait to talk to the woman and told her what she did last night. Just as she was about to say something, she heard the woman whispers ’morning beautiful’ to the girl-she-proposed-to last night. Right away, her jealousy mode got switched on. Luckily, the two didn’t get the chance to chat with one another as the meeting starts immediately. For once, she actually is delighted to be in a meeting. 

Anything for love, I guess.

Yerin smiles, thinking about the love of her life sitting next to her. She is not her girlfriend just yet, but Yerin sure she will be anytime soon. The proposal went well last night even though SinB hasn’t given her her answer. But, everything seems and feels different. She wakes up with the happiest feeling she ever had, and her lips couldn’t stop smiling.

It’s not just her. Yerin thinks her proposal did a number to SinB as well. SinB’s touch is gentler, her smiles are sweeter, her gaze is deeper and full of love, her voice is soothing her to an extent she wanted to hear only SinB’s voice. That was all the reason Yerin is confident that she will end up with the love of her life sooner or later. And because of how SinB has changed for her, she is more determined than ever to treat and care for SinB as best as she could. Yerin could see in her eyes her dream of living with and loving SinB becoming clearer. 

Yerin’s dream almost shatters to pieces when she heard Handyman Oppa asking SinB out for lunch after the meeting and her soon-to-be-girlfriend responded with a warm smile. The word ’no’ almost escape Yerin’s mouth, but then she heard the older woman’s stomach growling making her feel sorry for her and decides to let it go. And her pained heart immediately healed when SinB looks at her with a look like she was asking her permission to accept Handyman Oppa’s invitation. 

She is asking my permission?! She is! Oh my, she just asked for my permission. This is the first time she ever asks for my permission. Hell yeah!!! 

Yerin screams in her mind and tries her hardest not to jump up and down for she is excited and happy that SinB treated her like she is someone special to her. Yerin bites her inner cheek and holds onto her chair, trembling as she is controlling herself to remain composed. She nods her head and smiles back to SinB, giving her permission, like a cool boyfriend/girlfriend she wanted to be.

”Prof., you are going to Japan tomorrow, aren’t you? Which flight will you be taking?” The chief manager suddenly asks Handyman Oppa making the woman and Yerin startle.

”Ah, yes. The same flight as you guys.” Handyman Oppa answers after she takes a glance at the whiteboard where one of the managers has written the important information regarding the trip.

”Ouhhh. Yeah! That’s great! We’ll get to travel together.” Eunha screams happily.

”You are flying business class, aren’t you Prof.?” The manager asks to which Handyman Oppa just shakes her head and surprises everyone in the room.

”I’m flying economy.” Handyman Oppa blinks her eyes, confused with everyone’s reaction. While she has a very good reason why she didn’t fly business class, but it is just two hours flight, so it is more economical.

”We can change your seat to business class. Let me just make a call.” The manager grabs his phone and starts calling someone, probably the airlines company, leaving Handyman Oppa in awe. 

”No. No. You don’t have to do that.” Handyman Oppa flails her hand, trying to stop the man but it was too late as he hands the phone to her.

The woman reluctantly takes the phone and starts talking to the person on the other line. After a few words, Handyman Oppa starts talking in Japanese which once again caught everyone off guard, especially Yerin.

Yerin thinks quietly, amazed with how talented and skilled Handyman Oppa is. She is a bit jealous and sometimes feels inferior to that woman. Not that she thinks SinB take that into consideration when she is choosing between them two. But, this only makes Yerin want to try harder so she can be a worthy rival. A few minutes after Handyman Oppa takes the phone, she finally ended the call and returns to her seat.

”Ahh...you guys don’t have anything line up tomorrow night.” 

Although Handyman Oppa was talking to herself quietly, Yerin could hear what the woman said. Since the chief manager is still talking, Yerin didn’t comment on it. She is sure the woman is just talking to herself and doesn’t mean anything. But, she is totally wrong and what she heard next sends shivers down her spine.

”Bi, you don’t have anything planned for tomorrow night. Let’s have dinner with my grandparents, shall we?” 

Yerin almost fall off her chair when she heard what the older woman whispers in SinB’s ear. She was both shocked by the woman’s bold act and surprised at the same time. It seems like Handyman Oppa has a family living in Japan.

This time, Yerin is not going to let it happen because SinB still hasn’t given her answer to her proposal. And now, her rival is taking the girl to see her family. This can be dangerous.

Do something, quick! Don’t let SinB go. Who knows what Handyman Oppa had in mind. Probably she is planning to introduce SinB as her girlfriend to her family and if that happens...no, no, no. I might lose SinB just like that.

Yerin turns to her side and sees SinB is also turning back facing Handyman Oppa. She clenches her fist, trying to think what she can do to stop SinB from responding to Handyman Oppa. Yerin taps her feet nervously as she is plotting in her mind.

”Oppa, you have a family in Japan?” Yerin suddenly asks, purposely saying it out loud to draw people’s attention.

”What? Oppa, is this true?” Sowon asks.

”Oppa just asked SinB if she wanted to have dinner with her grandparents tomorrow night. So, oppa must have a family there.” Yerin said excitedly.

”Are you Japanese, oppa?” Umji asks as she stands next to Handyman Oppa and studies the woman’s face.

Yerin could hear Handyman Oppa is sighing when the other girls except for SinB talking about Handyman Oppa being a Japanese. Sowon who is more converse in Japanese compared to the others, even said that the way oppa speaks in Japanese just now sounded casual and fluent, strengthening the claim. But, someone also said that Handyman Oppa doesn’t look like a typical Japanese people as the woman is slightly tanned compared to most Japanese and even Korean.

”So, are we going to have dinner at your grandparents then?” amidst the commotion, Yerin suddenly asks the question at Handyman Oppa making everyone goes silent and look at the woman.

”Well, you don’t have anything planned for tomorrow night. If you guys want to?” Handyman Oppa doesn’t have a choice but to play along with Yerin’s move.

Yerin’s lips curved into a smirk, she hides it by looking away. At that time, she can feel like someone is staring intensely at her and knows it must be Handyman Oppa and just ignores it. Unexpectedly, SinB puts her hand on her thigh and squeezes it. Yerin doesn’t understand the meaning of SinB’s action whether she is angry at her or supporting her for asking the question at Handyman Oppa. She couldn’t tell even after she looks at the girl.

”Sure girls. You can go to Prof.’s grandparents’ house for dinner. We only planned for a dinner for you that night, nothing special,” the chief manager responded to Sowon’s gaze. Everyone cheers upon hearing the man’s response.

”You guys should come too. So, how many of you are coming? So I can let them know, it would be easier for them to prepare,” said Handyman Oppa, looking not too happy, but not too sad either.

”Us? Don’t you think it will be too many people then? We don’t want to intrude,” the chief manager asks.

”No, no. It’s okay. Just let me know the number of people and I’ll tell them. Everyone is welcome.” Handyman Oppa forces a smile at the man who just responded shyly by holding up all his ten fingers.

The meeting ended with the CEO giving a pep talk to the girls. Yerin holds SinB’s hand tightly, not ready to let the girl go to have lunch with Handyman Oppa. Although the meeting has ended fifteen minutes ago, Yerin stalls the girl by talking to her about what they should pack and unnecessary things. She hopes that Handyman Oppa would give up waiting and go out for lunch by herself without SinB. But, the woman is persistent and waits for SinB patiently.

Yerin had to let go of SinB’s hand and sends her away with her rival when the girl excuses herself to leave with Handyman Oppa. She knows she is being petty right now, but she could not help it. She is worried that she might lose SinB to Handyman Oppa and that is not something she can deal with. She wasn’t like this before last night, well to be accurate, she was less spiteful but she always tries her best to get in Handyman Oppa’s way. So, she knows Handyman Oppa must have gotten used by it now. 

Yerin is still holding onto SinB’s hand a few minutes after the girl excused herself. SinB looks at her concernedly. Handyman Oppa also shoots a questioning look at her. Then, with a heavy heart, Yerin lets go of her soon-to-be-girlfriend’s hand. But, she can’t just let the girl leave, so she pulls SinB into a hug. Although SinB looks at her confused with her action, fortunately, the girl hugs her back without saying anything.

”Don’t get home too late, SinB-yah. We have to go overseas tomorrow.” Yerin reminded SinB before the girl leaves the practice room with Handyman Oppa as if they are going somewhere far. Japan is just right next to South Korea and it takes only three hours to get there with lots of flights throughout the day. She knows the fact but she doesn’t want to be apart from SinB for long.

”Why aren’t you my girlfriend? If you are, I have the right not to let you go out with oppa...Hmm...do I want to be that kind of girlfriend? Obsessive?” Yerin questions herself as SinB’s beautiful silhouette disappears. Yerin sighs. Then smiles.

At least Yerin could smile to herself for her accomplishment today. First, she managed to stop SinB from having dinner with Handyman Oppa and her grandparents all by herself and kind of self-invited herself and the girls to the dinner. Second, she managed to stall SinB from leaving for as long as she can. She just hopes Handyman Oppa doesn’t pass out from starving.

****

SinB gets into Handyman Oppa’s car with a smile. The older woman closes the door that she opened for SinB and goes around the car to get into the driver’s seat. As usual, Handyman Oppa will lean over and pulls the seat belt and buckle it for her. The smell of Handyman Oppa’s fresh body wash and classic-style perfume hits SinB’s nose as the woman leans over her making her lips curled into a sweet, satisfied smile. She likes how the oppa smells. And she loves it when Handyman Oppa treats her like this - caringly and lovingly.

”Bi...” Handyman Oppa calls her as the woman is fixing her seat belt.

The one and only person could call her that and makes her heart flutter and warm is the woman smiling at her right now. She never asks Handyman Oppa to call her that, the woman starts calling her that and she loves it ever since. The way Handyman Oppa says it, lovingly and usually longingly, only she can pull it off. SinB smiles again and just hums her response.

”Where do you want to go for lunch?” Handyman Oppa asks.

SinB shrugs her shoulder, turns to face Handyman Oppa who is already facing the side of her body and says, ”I don’t know, up to you.”

Handyman Oppa doesn’t move an inch. She stares at SinB and SinB could see it in her eyes that the woman is longing for her. To be honest, she feels the same. She has been avoiding Handyman Oppa for a few weeks since the ’mosquito bites’ incident. And this morning as well because of what happened last night. But, once she gets into the car alone with Handyman Oppa, SinB seems to forget all those things and happy to be with the woman.

”You are making me blush, oppa,” SinB said when she can’t stand the oppa’s penetrating gaze any longer.

”I miss you, Bi.” Handyman Oppa said in her low, husky voice, sending shivers down SinB’s spine and reddened her cheeks even more.

”Okay, okay. I’ll stop. We’ll get going.” Handyman Oppa said when SinB squeezes her arm. SinB utters under her breath, ’I miss you too’ when Handyman Oppa starts driving.

Handyman Oppa gently places her left hand on top of SinB’s right hand that she rested on her lap. Then the woman slips her fingers in between SinB’s and grasps them. Handyman Oppa keeps her right hand on the steering wheel and curves a smile without looking at SinB, but SinB knows it was meant for her.

SinB is not surprised by it because that’s what Handyman Oppa usually do when they are in a car together and SinB loves it. Sometimes Handyman Oppa would take her hand and clasped their hands together then rested them on her lap. At times, SinB was the one initiated it and when she did, she always takes Handyman Oppa’s hand and plays with her fingers. 

Handyman Oppa parks the car and gets out of the car, while SinB just waits in the car. People might say SinB is cocky for waiting Handyman Oppa to open the door for her while she is more than capable of doing it on her own. However, she once tried to get out of the car on her own but failed because Handyman Oppa ended up sliding on top of the car’s bonnet to get to the other end and get the door for SinB. It drew a whole lot of people’s attention, so SinB decided it would be best for her to just wait for the older woman to walk around the car and get the door for her.

SinB never hated it, she loves it even. Being treated like a princess, that is. But, Handyman Oppa never calls her ’princess’ despite her special treatment and SinB is not sure whether she would like it or not as it sounded too girly for her. Probably if Handyman Oppa calls her that, she wouldn’t hate it? 

The older woman opens the door and held out her hand to SinB with a smile. SinB gladly takes the woman’s hand and slowly gets out of Handyman Oppa’s car. The woman pushes the door to close just using her buttocks. They walk towards the mall’s entrance hand in hand, with their fingers interlaced together. Some days, Handyman Oppa wasn’t self-conscious of the surroundings and happily holding SinB’s hand in public and some days she was too self-conscious about it and she would let go of SinB’s hand if they are in public. And today is one of the days that Handyman Oppa doesn’t let go of her hand and she likes it.

She understands that Handyman Oppa is being extra careful solely because SinB. The older woman once told her that she doesn’t want people tarnishing SinB’s name or say things that could hurt her. And SinB agrees with her on it, but there are times that she doesn’t want to give in to other people’s ideal and just do what she wants. She wants to walk hand in hand with Handyman Oppa, then she just slips her hand in between the oppa’s. Handyman Oppa usually didn’t say anything and happily hold her hand tightly.

Handyman Oppa being a perfect gentleman as she is, she carries SinB’s bag that is not only contain her things but also Handyman Oppa’s. As usual, the woman just brings her phone,  wallet and car keys. Handyman Oppa likes to leave those things lying around in the car after she got in her car. So, when they go out, SinB always put all Handyman Oppa’s things in her bag or purse. It would be easier if she keeps them all with her instead of worrying or wondering where did she leave them.

SinB finally decided for them to go to a Thai restaurant at the mall for lunch. This was after fifteen minutes of Handyman Oppa asking her where to go and she responded with ‘up to you’ and then the woman responded with the same response. SinB knew Handyman Oppa is not going to back down and they probably end up doing that the whole day, so she just blurted out Thai food. Just like any other day they went out together, Handyman Oppa pulls the chair for SinB, asks her what she wanted to eat and places the order when the waiter comes to their table. The way Handyman Oppa places their order always makes SinB blush but still loves it.

”I’ll have the tom yum soup, steam rice and lime juice. Green papaya salad and ice tea for the lady. We’ll have the spring rolls as well,”  

Handyman Oppa always said the same thing when they ordered their food, ’for the lady’. The words always make her heart flutters. She even said that when they eat at fast food restaurants. And in SinB’s life, no one has ever said that. It makes SinB feels somewhat important and special in Handyman Oppa’s life and the woman is more than happy to show it to everyone. Then, Handyman Oppa will wipe the spoon and chopsticks before giving it to SinB. And all these are things that only Handyman Oppa does to her and the reason why she likes and loves the oppa. Each and every single time Handyman Oppa does it, her heart beats went frenzy and her lips couldn’t contain her smile.

”How was your date with Yerin last night? Did you have fun?” Handyman Oppa asks and it totally caught her off guard.

”What date? We just went out for samgyeopsal. And you? How was your date with Eunha unnie?” SinB responded and emphasised on the word ’date’.

She is not fond of Handyman Oppa using the word ’date’. The last time the woman used that word, they ended up fighting for the longest time since they know each other. Plus, the word suddenly reminded her of what happened last night with Yerin and she is swamped with guilt. Then, to shift Handyman Oppa’s attention from what she did last night, she asked her about her date. She didn’t mean to but when she asks Handyman Oppa, she could hear that she sounded like a jealous girlfriend.

Well, the first part is true because she is a bit jealous of Eunha spending time with Handyman Oppa. But for the second part, she is not too sure herself. She still hasn’t given her answer for Yerin who proposed to her last night. And oppa never officially or formally asks her to be her girlfriend, Handyman Oppa just casually infers that she is her girlfriend most of the time or her wife, yesterday evening. The woman usually said it during their conversation and SinB never responded to any of the oppa’s remark.

This got SinB thinkinh if Handyman Oppa proposes to her, what would be her answer? Just like last night, SinB couldn’t answer that. She still doesn’t have an answer for Yerin and wouldn’t have an answer if Handyman Oppa asks her. SinB doesn’t know why she couldn’t say yes or no to Yerin’s proposal. Something is holding her back from saying yes, and at the same time preventing her from saying no. She is happy, over the moon’s happy when Yerin proposed to her last night but she still doesn’t know what she is going to do. And now, she is also happy to be with Handyman Oppa, just as happy as when she is with Yerin.

”Bi...?” 

Handyman Oppa calling her name brings SinB back to reality. She just hums her response.

”Are you okay?” Handyman Oppa asks concernedly.

SinB thought she must be lost in her thought for quite some time because Handyman Oppa looks really worried. Plus, the appetisers and drinks they ordered are already on the table in front of her. As she didn’t say anything, Handyman Oppa puts her hand on top of hers and caresses it tenderly with her concerned expression on her face. SinB smiles at the worried Handyman Oppa and shakes her head. When the older woman still doesn’t move and continues staring at her, SinB smiles again and nods her head telling Handyman Oppa that she is okay. She then picks up one of the spring rolls and feeds it to the oppa. Only then the older woman stops staring at her and opens wide to eat the spring roll.

”I just followed Eunha shopped for some things, went to dinner and head home. Then we went to bed,” said Handyman Oppa reporting to SinB what she did last night with Eunha. 

SinB nods her head without saying anything. She continues to eat her salad slowly, not liking them. As she fiddles with her food, suddenly Handyman Oppa puts the bowl of tom yum soup and the rice in front of her, taking her bowl of salad away gingerly. Handyman Oppa smiles at SinB and her eyes immediately sparkle. SinB didn’t know she wouldn’t like the taste of the salad, so she ordered it although Handyman Oppa has told her she can order something else than salads. And now, the woman just give her her food without her asking for it and without saying anything. SinB’s heart slowly melts from Handyman Oppa’s kindness and romantic actions.

”Did you get home late last night? I texted you and you didn’t reply.” Handyman Oppa asks as she calls the waiter to place a new order after playing with the salad for a few seconds.

The older woman was never fond of eating salads and she had gone through a difficult time when all of Gfriends’ members including SinB had to go on a diet. Except for Sowon though, but Sowon was not keen on going out with Handyman Oppa alone. So, they ended up going out with the whole group and had to eat something healthy and usually opted for salads. Handyman Oppa really hates it but she put up with it for the first few months. However, she never says no to SinB whenever she suggested them to eat at a salad bar or restaurant. 

”We went to the samgyeopsal place and went back home after that. I wanted to walk around but Yerin unnie already called the taxi a few minutes before we left the restaurant.”

SinB shares with Handyman Oppa what she and Yerin did last night while her eyes still locked on the tom yup soup. She purposely left out another big part of the night thinking that she is still not ready to tell Handyman Oppa about it. Plus, she still hasn’t answered Yerin’s proposal and it is pointless to share that with Handyman Oppa. That’s what she keeps telling herself the reason why she doesn’t want to enclose Yerin’s proposal to Handyman Oppa, but she has a feeling that there is another reason and it’s eating her up. Handyman Oppa just listens to her and nods her head lightly, just to show SinB that she is listening.

”Do you want to go around the mall after this? You didn’t get the chance last night.” Handyman Oppa asks and like a four-year-old kid who was given an ice cream, SinB smiles widely and nods her head excitedly.

SinB doesn’t have anything to buy at first. She just wants to look around. When they were in one of the shops that sell clothes, she suddenly thinks about the dinner at Handyman Oppa’s grandparents’ house tomorrow night. She got a little flustered when she realises she might not have something appropriate to wear despite her full with clothes’ closet she has at home. Since the store just sells t-shirts and jeans, she drags the older woman to another store. SinB was thinking it would be more appropriate for her to wear a dress or a blouse with a skirt instead of wearing jeans or pants with shirts or t-shirts.

”What did you bought with Eunha last night, oppa?” SinB asks the woman who just followed her around without saying anything.

”I didn’t buy anything. She did.” Handyman Oppa answers flatly.

”I know that. But you paid for them, didn’t you? What did she buy?” SinB asks again as she looks through the rack full of dresses and blouses.

”Ahh yes. I don’t know. I just paid for them.” 

SinB lets out a sigh. That is the Handyman Oppa she knows. The woman never shows any interest in things related to shopping, especially if its clothing or cosmetics. She is a great company for shopping because Handyman Oppa just follows her around like a puppy, she would certainly pay for what she want to buy and gladly carries the bags without complaining.

But, Handyman Oppa is the worst when she need someone’s opinion when buying clothes and cosmetics. Everything, anything SinB puts on, Handyman Oppa would say she looks beautiful. If she asked which one is better, Handyman Oppa would give the same answer, ”you look beautiful in them”. She once tried on some shocking fluorescent yellow top to test the woman and asked the her what she thinks of it, and Handyman Oppa said, ”it’s a new one and you look beautiful”. That’s when she was certain that Handyman Oppa is useless when it comes to asking for an opinion regarding those things deary for girls her age.

SinB goes through the rack and moves onto another one and another one but she has no idea what to buy. She sighs before suddenly stops walking making Handyman Oppa who blindly follows her back to stumble upon her. 

”Oppa, what does your mom likes?” SinB asks.

”Huh?” responded the still confused woman.

”In terms of clothes. What does your mom likes? I want to buy a new one for tomorrow’s night dinner.” SinB explains to Handyman Oppa and finally the woman seems to understand what is she doing.

”I don’t know. I am not even sure if mother would be there tomorrow night. My grandmother...I supposed she likes something light? Not sure about other types of clothes. Haven’t seen her wearing something other than her kimonos.” Handyman Oppa rubs her chin, thinking for a while and then shakes her head, confirming what she said earlier.

”Does she likes flowers? What types of flowers she likes?” SinB asks, moving to another shop selling dresses with flowery patterns.

”Huh? Orchid? Are we buying her flowers or a new dress? I think she already has tonnes of flowers in her garden and I don’t know her size if we want to buy her a new dress.”

Once again SinB stops and turns around staring at Handyman Oppa with eyes filled with anger. The woman looks at her confusedly, perhaps trying to figure out what she did wrong.

”Oppa, focus. I am looking for a new dress. For me. The dress is for me. No, we are not buying flowers. I didn’t talk nor have I think about flowers in the past half an hour. Got it? We are buying a new dress for me.” SinB articulated her words clearly so Handyman Oppa can understand.

”Ohh. Well, you can just wear anything. My grandparents wouldn’t mind. And you look pretty in anything.” 

Just as SinB thought, Handyman Oppa would say that. She shakes her head and tugs the woman’s hand, dragging her into a store selling dresses and blouses. SinB realised that Handyman Oppa can’t offer much of a help but she likes to see how the woman’s eyes brighten and widen when she tried on something and showed it to her.

After almost fifteen minutes looking through the whole shop, SinB picks out three one-piece, almost knee-length dresses that she likes and appropriate for dinner tomorrow. She tried them on and as usual, Handyman Oppa praised her in all three. They are all pretty, and she likes them all. But, she can’t buy all of them even though Handyman Oppa will be the one paying for them and she is more than capable of buying all three. She doesn’t want to use Handyman Oppa’s money unnecessarily, SinB stares at the dresses that she hanged in front of her to help her make her decision.

As she was contemplating on her choices, a thought crosses her mind. She asks Handyman Oppa what she would be wearing tomorrow night and the woman said she would most probably wear her kimono. 

”Your kimono, which one of these colours do you have?” SinB asks as she points at the three dresses. They are in blue/violet, cream/pink and washed burgundy colours.

”All of them except for pink. I don’t have one in that colour.” 

SinB’s plan failed. She thought she could wear something with the same colour as Handyman Oppa’s kimono. But apparently the woman has quite a range of colours of kimonos. SinB looks at Handyman Oppa’s shirt that she is currently wearing. Blue black. She sighs and then smiles. She was sighing because of Handyman Oppa’s limited colours flexibility as the woman almost always wears black, white, dark blue and grey coloured shirts. SinB smiles as she thinks it’s finally the time the oppa wears something other than those colours.

”I’m taking this one. Wears your kimono in this colour as well tomorrow night. Okay?” SinB said as she takes the washed burgundy-coloured dress and walks towards the cashier after thanking the sales girl who has been helping her.

SinB smiles at Handyman Oppa when the woman nods her head responding to her question. Then they proceed to the counter and have a little argument because SinB wanted to pay for the dress but Handyman Oppa insisted that she should pay. At the end, Handyman Oppa wins the argument and pays for the dress. 

”Uhh...I forgot something at the store, oppa. Wait for me here.” SinB suddenly stops walking and gestures to Handyman Oppa to sit on the bench at the middle of the mall. Handyman Oppa just does what she was told.

SinB walks back to the store where she-Handyman Oppa bought the dress for her. She has been eyeing a blue dress with white lace around the neckline in the store while picking out one for herself. She thought the dress would suit Yerin perfectly and so she asked the salesgirl to put it aside for her and will come back for it later. She doesn’t want Handyman Oppa to know about it as she is consumed with guilt that she even thought about Yerin while she is with Handyman Oppa. As soon as she steps into the store, the salesgirl smiles at her and moves to the counter.

”Here it is,” the girl hands her a paper bag, same as hers only it contains the blue dress she wanted to give Yerin.

When she fishes out her purse from her bag to pay for the dress the cashier looks at her confusedly. Then she returns the same expression back to the cashier and the salesgirl. It turns out that Handyman Oppa had already paid for the dress earlier. SinB smiles politely and takes the bag before leaving the store. 

I guess you are not that oblivious, oppa.

SinB skips happily towards Handyman Oppa who is sitting on the bench, lose in her thoughts. She smiles as she stares at the woman who seems to not notice her coming. The woman looks calm, even though she is not smiling right now, a hint of happiness can be seen from her gaze. She doesn’t look her age, she looks a few years younger. SinB smiles thinking that Handyman Oppa looked dumb when they first met and then the woman progressed to portray herself as a calm, mysterious but loving person that she fell in love with.

Yerin on the other hand is a cheerful, energetic and loving person. Not once that Yerin has exerted a mysterious aura for years she had known her. When she compares Yerin and Handyman Oppa, they are both completely opposite. And SinB still wonders how on earth did she fell in love with both of them. Although she didn’t fell in love with the two at the same time, after some time she is in love with both of them on the same timeline, until now. SinB’s smiles fade as the thought of she still leaves Yerin without an answer. She didn’t leave her hanging though, she did ask Yerin to give her some time to think about it. 

SinB shakes her head vigorously, getting rid of the thought. She plans to sneak behind Handyman Oppa to surprise her who still daydreaming, so she approaches the woman stealthily. Just as she was about to push Handyman Oppa from behind, the woman suddenly turns around facing her. SinB lost her footing and about to stumble forward but Handyman Oppa quickly reaches for her, saving her from falling. SinB shoots a questioning look at the older woman.

”I recognise your smell.” Handyman Oppa smiles causing SinB to blush.

The woman held out her hand to SinB and they begin to walk with their hand clasped together. 

”Did you get Yerin’s dress?” Handyman Oppa sudden question surprises SinB.

”Uhm. Yes. Thank you for paying for it. I’ll pay you back” said SinB with mixed feelings of guilt and awe.

Upon hearing SinB’s response, Handyman Oppa suddenly stops walking and tug down SinB’s hand. It is not rough but this is the first time Handyman Oppa has ever acted that way. SinB was shocked and a bit scared that she didn’t dare to look at Handyman Oppa. She did steal a glance and the woman looks vexed.

”I’ll never ask you to pay for anything let alone pay back for something. And I’m not planning to start now. If it makes you uncomfortable, I can just return the dress and I promise you I will never do that ever again. Please don’t say you’ll pay back anything to me,” said Handyman Oppa without looking at SinB. Once again SinB glances over her shoulder to take a peek at Handyman Oppa’s face. The woman’s face softens but SinB was still in shocked that she couldn’t say anything.

”I’m sorry I yanked your hand. Are you okay? Sorry that I snapped at you.” Handyman Oppa turns to face SinB and examines her hand thoroughly and tenderly.

Now SinB is filled with uttermost guilt that she broke into tears. Handyman Oppa got flustered by SinB’s crying pulls the girl into a hug. SinB didn’t resist, she buries her face in the woman’s chest and continues crying. Handyman Oppa her back trying to calm her down which actually works and her tears start to slow down. But then Handyman Oppa with her cajoling voice keep apologising and promising she will never ever do that again makes her cry harder. The woman didn’t hurt her and she is crying because she felt bad for unknowingly hurt Handyman Oppa. Her crying eventually dies down when Handyman Oppa non-stop kisses the crown of her head gently.

“I’m sorry Yerin unnie, I’m sorry oppa.” SinB said in her mind as she wipes the remaining tears and pulls away from Handyman Oppa’s embrace.

She smiles at Handyman Oppa, assuring the woman that she is okay. SinB takes Handyman Oppa’s hand and starts walking towards the oppa’s car. Thankfully, SinB broke down in tears in the parking lot and not in the mall. Handyman Oppa tightens her grips on SinB’s hand and follows her to the car. They did the whole routine of Handyman Oppa getting the door for SinB, buckles her up, and drives away. Only this time, Handyman Oppa immediately takes SinB’s hand and hold it after she gets into the car. Handyman Oppa hasn’t let go of her hand ever since. The drive back home only fills with sounds and music from the radio.

”Oppa, where are you guys?” Yerin’s voice fills the quiet car.

”We’re on the way back.” Handyman Oppa answers.

”Oh okay, then. Drives my girl back carefully, oppa.” 

”Will do.”

Handyman Oppa ends the call and focuses on the road. Once in a while, Handyman Oppa glanced over to SinB to check on her and she just smiles or squeezes the woman’s hand to tell her she is okay.