Will there be a miracle?

Do you love me?

đŸŽ¶Love can come to anyone suddenly
Like the summer rain
The sound of rain was so loud, I couldn’t sleep
You were like the rain to me

My feelings with the scent of the earth
Are shaking in bursts
Perhaps you are coming to me
To share your umbrella (My beating heart)
Is this a summer’s day miracle?

It was a bright, shining moment
Thanks for being a clear summer rain
So beautiful, like a stream of rain water
Our crystal clear story

The future was unclear like a passing sun shower
We missed each other unlike the wishes
Don’t stay short like a rainbow
After the rain stops

My feelings with the scent of grass
Are getting wet in bursts
At a crossroad hiding the moon
In the night sky (I’m waiting for you)
Will there be a miracle?

It was a bright, shining moment
Thanks for being a clear summer rain
So beautiful, like a stream of rain water
Our crystal clear story

Just like tears from the sky
(I’ll remember) that I was excited
Like a haze, like drizzle on the leaves
A memory of a summer day with joy and sadness

If the shiny season passes
Will you keep soaking me forever?
So beautiful, like a stream of rain water
Our crystal clear storyđŸŽ¶

“You are listening to this song again?” 

Handyman Oppa looks up at the tall woman who just takes out the earphone from one of her ear. She smiles flatly at the woman. The Japanese-English woman takes a sit on the bench next to Handyman Oppa.

”I don’t think there will be a miracle, man...” Sei says sadly. Handyman Oppa forces a smile at the remark.

”Again, Sei?” Handyman Oppa asks as the woman hands her a bottle of flavoured milk.

”Don’t again me, Sei. You got yourself in this mess,” Sei takes the bottle back and uncaps it before handing it to Handyman Oppa.

”Can a man just forget to eat?” grunted Handyman Oppa.

”Skip a meal, that forgets to eat. Not eating anything for more than two days, that’s not ’oops, I forget to eat’,” Sei glares at Handyman Oppa, lightly push the bottle, telling her friend to drink the milk.

”I want a burger,” whined Handyman Oppa.

Sei throws a burger she bought from a famous fast-food chain to Handyman Oppa, ”tch, I know you well, Yuu.”

”Burger doesn’t go well with this milk...” Handyman Oppa whines again and got a smack at the back of her head as a response.

”Eat!” Sei takes the burger and shoves it in her whining best friend’s mouth.

”Pftt! Ph...ine!” Handyman Oppa bites the burger like a barbarian. She eats half of the burger before putting it on her lap and reaches for something in her jacket’s inner pocket. Handyman Oppa takes out a pack of cigarette and taps it lightly to get a stick of cigarette out.

”C’mon, Yuu...at this time? Don’t. Stop.” Sei stares at Handyman Oppa.

”What?! It helps with the nausea.” Handyman Oppa puts the stick in between her lips, and fishes out the lighter from the pants pocket.

”Stop bullting me. It’s not your chemo effect, it’s because of your broken heart’s effect.” Sei yanks the cigarette from Handyman Oppa’s lips and brakes it into two.

”Isn’t that enough reason to warrant this?” lamented Handyman Oppa as she looks down on her burger, shoving the pack of cigarette back into the pocket. She closes her eyes, sighing heavily and puts back the earphone that was pulled out by Sei.

”Stop,” Sei pleaded.

”Why? I can’t forget to eat. I can’t smoke. I can’t even listen to a song?” wailed Handyman Oppa, looking at her feet, blinking her eyes rapidly to prevent the tears that have welled up from escaping.

”I thought you were fine when you went to work this morning...” Sei said lowly, the feeling of guilt creeps up her heart.

”I just went for the medical student’s oral examination. They already scheduled it in advance and I don’t want to trouble them to find a substitute in a short period.” Handyman Oppa said as she slouches on the bench, resting her head against her clasped hands, looking up at the clear sky. Sei also let her eyes wander aimlessly over the sky. 

”Why didn’t you propose to her earlier? And even now, you are a man, surely you can win her over,” said Sei with a mix of scolding and consoling as she glances over her shoulder, taking a peek at her best friend for over fifteen years.

Handyman Oppa sighs deeply upon hearing Sei’s attempt to console her. They have been friends for over half of their life, but the woman knows her as a man. On legal papers in Japan, Yuu Takeshi is a Japanese man and Sei Satou only know this. She doesn’t know the truth and will never know the truth. When Handyman Oppa came to South Korea, she was able to make a new identity for herself that is according to her biological , and not the one that her grandfather, the head of Yakuza assigned for her on the official papers since she was probably three or four.

But, that is not the reason for her sigh. When she was in Japan, living as a man, even then she couldn’t get the woman she loved with all her heart to accept her proposal. And now, in this situation, Handyman Oppa doubt that it will be the slightest determinant for getting SinB to be hers.

”I did, once,” said Handyman Oppa, surprising her best friend. Sei immediately looks at Handyman Oppa, anticipating some kind of explanation. Tired of waiting, she asks, ”when? spill.”

”Three months after we first met? I mean I always implied that she is my girlfriend casually. But that time, in the swimming pool, I clearly asked her ’will you be my girlfriend?’,” Handyman Oppa smiles dreamingly as she reminisces the sweetest moment she and SinB shared.

”So? What happened then?” Sei asks excitedly as this is her first time ever hearing about this. Her best friend never mentioned about the girl he is in madly in love with until a few weeks before they met in Japan at the bar, getting wasted.

”She said, ’did you just ask someone who is still mad at you to be your girlfriend?’. She was angry because another girl was clinging onto me the whole day we went out. We almost kissed actually, but the girl she is with now managed to stop it from happening. And I guess it will never happen again now that they are together...” Handyman Oppa chuckled before choking up upon realising the bitter reality.

”And you still help the girl to get the girl you love with all your heart...just why did you do that?! I still can’t understand that. Didn’t you know she was aiming for the same girl as you?” grumbled Sei.

”I knew she likes her. She called out a war to me and she was so adorable. And, it was respectable of her to do that. We became close friends and I helped a friend, would do the same for you too. I thought I still have time to propose to her again properly when I’m done with my treatment. But, I guessed we were never meant to be? I don’t know.” Handyman Oppa smiles bitterly, still staring at the sky.

Sei sighs. She knows her best friend well and actually not too surprised about it. Sei just hates seeing her best friend a.k.a love coach being brokenhearted. She doesn’t mind accompanying Yuu at the bar for a night, every year but she was never fond of seeing Yuu drinks and smokes for the whole night, wailing the wretched life of his. Every year, on that date, Yuu will go to the bar and wasted the whole night drinking when he would not touch the alcoholic beverage in his daily life.

The dreadful day was the day when he confessed his love to Sachiko fifteen years ago. But, the girl who was 17 at the time accepted a girl who is a year younger than her, who now is her wife and indirectly rejected Yuu. Since the day was deemed to be their anniversary, the girl proposed to Sachiko and they got married on the same date.

All that happened in front of Yuu and her eyes because they are all friends. She knew how hurt Yuu was and Yuu still stays in contact, putting up a facade that nothing was wrong. And Yuu lets everything go on the same day, every year and that was the only time Yuu got to shed some tears and curses, so Sei never stopped Yuu from doing it. But, she always keeps her best friend in check. Although Yuu never invited her or asked her to, Sei will be there at the bar with Yuu.

It has been fifteen years now. The first five years of Sachiko’s marriage, Yuu was still waiting for Sachiko. But then, Yuu slowly tried to move on when he first found out about his brain cancer. Yuu moved to South Korea not long after he found out and he did all his brain surgeries and treatments in here. Sei and Yuu always visit each other even after Yuu moved to Korea. So, she basically always there when Yuu underwent his previous two surgeries and chemotherapy.

”So, what are you going to do now? How about we start moving on from now?” Sei suggested.

”Just live the life. What else can I do? I don’t think so? She may not be my first love, but she will be my last love, Sei,” Handyman Oppa said sadly while taking a bite of her half-eaten burger earlier.

”C’mon man, don’t be like that. At this rate, you might never get better. You are brokenhearted and don’t take me for a fool, I know you were crying your eyes out and didn’t bother to eat anything those two days that you ended up fainting after your last chemo. Shouldn’t you try to get better? And it will be impossible if you are still holding onto it. I know it’s hard but I’ll be there with you, every step of the way whether you want me to be or not.”

”I saw the girl I love kissing another girl while I still foolishly let myself believe that I still had a chance to win her heart, when she and her heart already belongs to someone else, shouldn’t I be allowed to cry myself to death? I didn’t die though, I just passed out for a day. And may I add, I was already in a hospital. So, I didn’t really endanger myself. Might say I was fully prepared?” Handyman Oppa laughs crazily and the tears trickle down her cheeks.

Sei just let her best friend cries. She didn’t say or do anything. This is actually her first time seeing Yuu cries sober. It’s not like she is flustered that she doesn’t know what to do, but, she agrees with Yuu. She should allow him to cry, but she wouldn’t let him cry himself to death though. Sei thought her best friend would cry for long, but Yuu stopped not more than a a minute after that.

”Are you done already?” Sei asks, shooting a quizzical look at Handyman Oppa. She wasn’t surprised when her best friend starts crying but she is shocked when the crying stopped not more than a minute.

”You will not let me off the hook if I continue to cry. I’m going home today. So, I have to look like I’m healthy and good to go home. Haha. You know how much I hate being hospitalised.” Handyman Oppa laughs, genuinely this time.

”You are going home already? Stay in here, it will do you good. They’ll give you at least three meals a day, so I know you will eat. You are a surgeon, you should love to be in a hospital, Yuu,” Sei looks at Handyman Oppa worriedly.

”I do love to be in a hospital, as a surgeon. Not as a patient. C’mon, give a man a chance to dwell on his loveless, wretched life, will you?” whined Handyman Oppa.

”Do you really think I should let you? Shouldn’t I be helping you to get better? You are lucky Youko didn’t know about this. You know my wife is still nagging me to this day for letting you waste your life away for a day every year?” Sei grunts before looking at Handyman Oppa with her pleading, puppy eyes.

”Sorry about that, but I couldn’t help it. I thought she already accepted it, I guess not. What do you suggest I do? Stop hoping and waiting? Starts moving on? What for? I strongly believe living my life this way is better,” Handyman Oppa said rather confidently.

”Better, my !” Sei shouted. Handyman Oppa laughs her heart out.

This is the first time Handyman Oppa been laughing this hard in a few months. She always finds it funny when Sei is annoyed with her. But she knew the woman will always support her, if not fully, at least half-heartedly. Handyman Oppa takes the last bite of the beef burger before standing up from the bench to go back to the VIP room in the hospital’s oncology ward.  Sei follows suit. 

”Why the song though?” Sei asks Handyman Oppa as they walk towards the latter’s room at the oncology ward.

”I first met her during summer last year. I planned to propose to her when we already get to know each other for a year. But then, my cancer came back. But, I did try to when you made me. That night, when I walked into her proposal. Just like the song, it was a summer’s miracle for me when I first met her. And just like the song, it was filled with joy and sorrow. I guess it started in summer and ends in summer too,” Handyman Oppa explained.

”It’s autumn now, and I thought you saw them kissing like three days ago?” Sei asks confusedly.

”I think they already got together during summer. We haven’t been texting and calling as we normally do for weeks now. We haven’t met since that night. I had a feeling but I don’t want to believe it until I see a proof of some sort. Didn’t expect it will be a kissing scene, though,” Handyman Oppa said as she opens the door to the VIP room.

Handyman Oppa get to use it since she is one of the best neurosurgeon in the hospital, and she also one of the wealthiest person among the university staff thanks to her charity groups and organisations she set up when she was still in Japan and once she got to Korea. Sei nods her head understanding what her best friend said and wants to ask some more question but get held up when her phone rings.

”Uhh, Youko is calling,” Sei said as she shows her phone to Handyman Oppa.

”Go, go, go!” Handyman Oppa shoos Sei with a grin. She feels sorry for Sei because she is trying her best to hide the fact that she is visiting her at the hospital as a patient, instead of visiting her in her office like she typically does.

Youko would be worried if she knows about her condition and will definitely take the first flight out from Japan to South Korea. And if she does, Sachiko will surely know what is going on and tags along. Handyman Oppa and Sei both don’t want that to happen, so they understand and support each other’s actions. Handyman Oppa takes off her jacket and changes into the hospital’s in-patient clothes before laying on the bed. She knows she is being discharged today because she asked her oncologist yesterday, but the resident in charge is still preparing the paperwork and she still have to wait for the oncologist to approve and sign them before she could finally go home. Handyman Oppa once again put in the earphones and plays Gfriend’s song, Summer Rain. She closes her eyes, trying to drift off to sleep but her heart is beating hard, there’s a heavy feeling that she can’t point out why or what.

***

”Why are we at the hospital? Eyh, isn’t that oppa’s car? Oh, we are meeting oppa, unnie?” Umji asks as their van enters the university hospital’s parking. Everyone except Sowon and Eunha looks at the direction Umji is pointing her finger. Sowon just nods her weakly.

”Unnie, why are we meeting oppa in the hospital? We usually go to oppa’s office in the university building not the hospital. Uh, can we meet oppa here anyway? Isn’t oppa is some kind of surgeon here?” Umji bombarded Sowon with a series of questions while their manager is trying to find a parking spot. Sowon stays silent.

”What did Mi Soo unnie say earlier?” Yerin asks.

”Who?” Sowon asks confusedly.

”Didn’t Eunha call oppa’s office phone earlier? Usually, Mi Soo unnie is the one answering oppa’s office phone.” Yerin explains and looks at Eunha for confirmation which the petite girl who has been quiet ever since she talked on the phone earlier with she assumes with the woman she mentioned.

”Unnie...?” Umji calls, now staring at the oldest girl among them who looks utterly lost. Then she looks at Eunha who also looks the same but ten times more sad than Sowon. The older girl looks at Umji blankly.

”Unnie...say something. You are making us nervous. Don’t tell me oppa is dd...de-” Umji didn’t get to finish the word she doesn’t think she could even say when Sowon shakes her head unsurely.

Sowon sighs for the nth time. She too not sure what she should say because she doesn’t know much. But, telling the girl something might be better than leaving them in a dark.

”The unnie said oppa was hospitalised. Oppa passed out after she did her last chemo? She also doesn’t know much. She arranges us to meet oppa’s friend. The pretty doctor that stitched oppa’s eye the other time. We’ll go and meet the doctor and I don’t know. She will tell us then? I’m not sure too.” Sowon looks unsure and worried. The girls all gasped in shock especially SinB, but the girl hides it well. She looks to her side at Eunha who just smiles bitterly at her. She hangs her head low, not wanting to make her distraught visible to her girlfriend.

”Unnie, did she said chemo? And we are meeting that beautiful doctor?” Eunha asks for a confirmation which Sowon nods her head saying yes to her. Eunha bites her lips. Tears are welling up in her eyes. She looks down to her lap, shaking her head over and over again, denying something in her head. Eunha knows SinB could see her action although the girl is also looking down and she doesn’t care.

”Eunha, can I use your phone for a while. I’m calling the unnie. She said to call her once we arrived and will meet us at the entrance,” Sowon holds out her hand and Eunha passes her phone to Umji sitting in front of her and the girl passes it to Sowon.

Everyone just follows their manager’s lead. Sowon holds Eunha’s hand tight, Yerin does the same with SinB’s. Umji and Yuju link arms together. No one speaks a word. When they meet Mi Soo at the entrance, they just bow their head slightly, greeting the woman. The woman then led the way to the pretty doctor’s office. 

”Hi girls, please, take a seat.”

The six of them are welcomed warmly by the pretty neurosurgeon, Dr. Ahn. There are six chairs already place in front of the doctor’s desk. Eunha sits on the farthest chair next to Sowon. SinB sits between Sowon and Yerin, while Umji sits on the chair nearest to the wall next to Yuju. They wait patiently for the pretty surgeon to say something but it seems like the older woman have trouble too.

”So, is oppa okay?” Sowon starts the conversation.

”I don’t know how to answer that...” the neurosurgeon said hesitantly.

”You are a doctor, I’m sure you know how to,” Sowon said sternly, startling everyone in the room. 

Dr. Ahn swallows hard, takes a deep breath and flashes an apologetic smile. She stares at the ceiling of her room for a moment, trying to figure out where should she starts. It’s not because she is about to violate doctor-patient confidentiality because Handyman Oppa already consented that she could tell the girls, her grandparents, Mi Soo and her Japanese friend, Sei about her condition if she has to. It’s because she is feeling guilty at her closest friend who had tried keeping it from the girls.

She wasn’t planning to tell the girls anything, she thought her friend will tell them when she is ready. But then, the incident two days ago happened and Mi Soo casually told the girls about it and asked her to meet them to explain because even she doesn’t know much about it. 

”Well, first let me ask you what do you know?” Dr. Ahn asks, as she thought it would help her starts somewhere.

”Unnie said oppa was hospitalised. She fainted when she did her chemo.” Sowon said as she looks at Mi Soo seeking her confirmation to which the woman nods her head confirming her.

”Okay. So...your oppa had a brain tumour. Wait, is it had or has...?” Dr. Ahn accidentally look at Sowon and the girl is staring at her as if she is telling her ’how on earth would I know that?’, and instantly she feels her heart just dropped to the ground. 

”Well, we still can’t be sure that she had brain tumour. I removed the tumour, most of it but since the cancerous cell is growing very fast, your oppa is doing chemotherapy to get rid of anything that is still left in the brain that I couldn’t remove. Does that makes sense?” Dr. Ahn asks and all six girls nod their head weakly.

”Is it normal for people to pass out when doing chemo?” Umji asks with Handyman Oppa’s situation in her mind.

”There are some cases but, this is the first occurrence of your oppa. She didn’t when she did chemo previously, for her first two surgeries.” Dr. Ahn cautiously answers, knowing where the question will lead to.

”Then why did oppa faint?” Eunha asks.

Dr. Ahn swallows hard, taking a deep breath before answering the question she anticipated, ”your oppa didn’t eat for two days or more...so, she collapsed when she was walking out of the clinic.” 

”Why didn’t she eat?” Sowon asks.

”When did oppa do the surgery?” SinB asks.

Dr. Ahn knows the girl who just asks the question pretty well. Not personally, but the oppa in question right now was the one telling about SinB to her. Handyman Oppa didn’t tell her much, she just guessed it one day and the older woman told her a bit about the fact that she loves the girl. Dr. Ahn looks at SinB who wears the same look of concern as everyone else, but a tad more compared to the other girls. Her eyes couldn’t help but stares at the ring on the girl’s ring finger. Then, it clicks. She nods her head in realisation of the reason why the person who always takes care of her health suddenly collapsed because of dehydration and low blood sugar. 

”After she got back from Japan a few months ago. She went there...oh, right. Your oppa went there for your event and to inform about this to her family that she have there. Her grandparents and older brother.” 

”When did she found out about this?” Umji asks and at the same time Yuju also asks, ”can we meet oppa now? Is she okay now?”. Yuju finally said something, among all the girls, she is the least closer to Handyman Oppa but recently hangs out more often with Umji and the older woman.

”After she came back from Busan, we did some testings and biopsy to confirm. And, I think she is doing okay. I think she should be back in her room now. She just went for the student’s examination this morning.” Dr. Ahn flashes an assuring smile at the girls and relieved that this Q & A session is over. But it takes a sharp turn to a highly negative situation when Mi Soo questions her answer, ”is Prof. okay? You said she smok-”

”She what?!” exclaimed SinB in rage.

”Sometimes it helps with the feeling of constant nausea...” Dr. Ahn said unsurely, looking anywhere except at the girl’s direction.

”Are you a good doctor, Dr. Ahn? You let your patient work when she was being hospitalised and you are condoning your patient to smoke, the number one cause of cancer while getting treatment for cancer?” Sowon asks, staring at the doctor angrily.

”Don’t get me wrong. I am not condoning anything, it’s just...” Dr. Ahn stops talking when Umji brushes her forearms softly and shakes her head at her, signalling her to stop explaining.

”Maybe we should go and see oppa now? So, we are not going to disturb her rest later...” Umji suggested, attempting to control the situation from getting even worse.

”Yeah, sure. Let’s go to the ward. I’ll go first and see if she is already there. Mi Soo, I believe you can show them the way?” Dr. Ahn quickly leaves the room without waiting for the woman to reply.

***

”What is taking them so long? I think we can go in now,” Umji said as she walks towards the VIP room that is being occupied by Handyman Oppa who currently is talking to Dr. Ahn.

Umji opens the door and shouted ”oppa!” in a panic, making the other girls darted into the room. Umji is still frozen at the door, Eunha runs into the room, closely followed by Sowon. Yerin and Yuju follow suit. Just like Umji, SinB is frozen at the bench she was sitting while waiting.

”What are you doing, oppa?” Eunha asks, starting to sob.

”I dropped my pen?” Handyman Oppa who is currently sitting on the windowsill with her right side of the body is outside and her left side of the body is still inside the room, said unsurely.

”Climb back in or you will never breathe another day,” Sowon instructed.

Everyone in the room froze at Sowon’s cold demeanour. Dr. Ahn who has been on the receiving end of Sowon’s ’never-been-seen-cold -side’ since they met earlier is also shocked. This is tenfold colder and worse than what she got fifteen minutes ago.

”Nevermind boys, I’ll get a ride with you next time,” Handyman Oppa waves at the window cleaning crew who are standing in the boom lift before slowly climbs back into the room. Eunha charges towards her and immediately punches her chest repeatedly.

”Urghh!!! Not there! Not there!” Handyman Oppa groans in pain, causing Eunha to jumps back in shock.

”That’s my pot. You can hit me here,” Handyman Oppa points at her left chest.

”Huh?” Eunha asks, scared and bursting into a louder cry, thinking she had hurt Handyman Oppa because the woman cries in pain just now.

”This is my pot. Where they put the drugs in. It hurts when you punch it just now.” Handyman Oppa explains as she flips the hospital gown she is wearing exposing the tiny lid and the tubes underneath her skin.

Eunha gasped in shock and her cries grow even louder, apologising in between heart-wrenching sobbing. Handyman Oppa reassures the petite girl that she is okay, just a bit painful when she punched her earlier but it didn’t do anything to stops the girl from crying. Handyman Oppa pulls Eunha into an embrace and that does the trick when Eunha’s sobs getting decrease but the amount of tears are still the same. She smiles apologetically at the other girls including SinB who finally joining everyone in the room near the bed. Everyone smiles back but Sowon looking daggers at her.

”Oppa, I think it’s best for you to sit down,” Umji suggested as she pats the bed and pulls the chairs and two-seater couch closer to the bed for her and the other girls to sit. Handyman Oppa gladly follows the youngest girl’s suggestion.

Handyman Oppa climbs on the bed. Eunha also does the same, still hugging Handyman Oppa’s body. All the girls except Sowon already seated. Sowon stands right in front of the bed, facing and staring into her eyes. For the nth time, Handyman Oppa swallows the big coarse lump stuck in . This is the second time Handyman Oppa going through a nerve-wracking situation involving her and someone younger than her. First, when she and SinB fights and now, Sowon.

”You. Talk.” Sowon still with her cold demeanour instructed Handyman Oppa.

”Em...I thought this beautiful Dr. Ahn already told you girls everything.” Handyman Oppa said tries to get away from addressing the elephant in the room.

”You don’t have a mouth and a brain that you need someone else to speak for you?” Sowon asks rather harshly. Everyone was shocked by Sowon’s tone of voice that could be deemed rude. Eunha lets go of Handyman Oppa’s body and gets down from the bed, walking towards the tall girl. She caresses her girlfriend’s arm, calming the girl down. Eunha wraps her arms around Sowon’s waist and rested her head against the woman’s arm.

”Okay. What do you want to know? I think it’s easier if you ask me questions and I try to answer them.” Handyman Oppa said giving in to the obviously irritated Sowon. 

”Okay. Don’t try to lie. First, where did you keep it? Tell me or I will turn this room upside down to look for it! Don’t act dumb, where is the cigarette? You are never having that thing again!” Sowon asks while angrily pulling out the side table’s cabinet. 

”What are you talking about?” Handyman Oppa asks calmly, pretending that she had never once touched a cigarette in her life.

”I told you, don’t lie to me!” Sowon keeps ransacking one cabinet after another in the VIP room.

”Unnie, check oppa’s coat.” SinB said weakly while hoping her prediction is far away from the truth.

Sowon grabs the jacket that is hanged on the coat hanger. As SinB said, she found what she is looking for in the jacket’s inner pocket. She pours out all the content into the garbage can and gets a glass of water in the toilet then pours the water into the can. With red, angry eyes, Sowon stands in front of the bed staring at Handyman Oppa.

”Next, why didn’t you answer our call or reply to our text? You were out of reach for three days!” Sowon continue to scold the older woman. Sowon doesn’t know what has got into her, but it seems like she couldn’t control what came out of . She is filled with guilt, sadness, anger and frustration that her voice raises an octave. She didn’t mean to disrespect and scold the older woman, but she couldn’t control herself.

”My phone is dead.” 

Sowon stares Handyman Oppa down. She holds her breath, and manage to withstand it and when the tall girl finally directed her gaze at Dr. Ahn, Handyman Oppa exhales deeply in relief. 

”You don’t have a phone charger, Dr.? Unnie? Three days and not one of you have a charger?” Sowon asks, staring directly at Dr. Ahn’s eyes and then Mi Soo’s. 

”Let me fin-” Dr. Ahn said but then someone slides open the door while rambling and throw something at Handyman Oppa.

”Urgh! Can never lie to a lawyer wife. Youko found out about you, Yuu.”

Bam! 

”I know you can catch it! Why didn’t yo-” Sei’s eyes widen when she finally realised there are other people in the room beside Handyman Oppa who is rubbing her now red cheek resulted from a soda bottle being thrown at them without warning.

”Sumimasen,” Sei suddenly bowing a bit, getting ready to leave the room.

”Yah! Sei!” Handyman Oppa yells at the tallest woman in the room right now, stopping her from leaving but the woman looks at her as if she doesn’t understand or know her.

”Gomen’nasai, watashi no Korean. I no understand,” Sei blatantly lies, mixing Japanese and English like someone who doesn’t speak both languages.

”Yah! Stop pretending you don’t speak Korean. You’ve met these two girls. Umji and Yuju.” Handyman Oppa immediately calls out her best friend’s lie and pointed at Umji and Yuju.

”Wait, or did we used your real name?” Handyman Oppa asks the two girls who just shake their head in response.

Sowon glares at Sei, making the woman starts sweating profusely and ready to bolt out of the room but she was beaten by a mere second when Dr. Ahn hurriedly leave the room while finishing her sentence earlier, ”I’m going to find that charger now,” and whispers ’good luck’ to her before dissapears behind the door.

”I’m going to help Dr. Ahn,” Mi Soo said before darting out of the room.

Sei prays hard that this is the time when she finally passed out suddenly or the floor underneath her sink and she falls with it, rather than standing there being shoot with flaming daggers from six pairs of eyes. She curses her best friend for not catching the soda bottle she threw at her and caused her to be at a miserable spot right now.

”Girls, this is Sei. Sei this is of course you already knew them, Umji and Yuju. That’s Eunha and Sowon. This is Yerin. And this is SinB.” All the girls although still look angry at Sei, they bow slightly at the older woman. Eunha, SinB and Yerin even raise their hand a bit when Handyman Oppa introduced them.

Sei is sending a signal to Handyman Oppa with her eyes and while she is at it, SinB who raises her hand making Sei’s eyes almost fall out of the socket. She never knew who the girl her best friend is madly in love with but she clearly remembers the name that is engraved on the ring. It is not the same name but, it has the same last syllable as SinB’s name, and when her friend’s eyes seem sad as she introduced the last girl, that confirms her assumption. 

”And they are the famous girl group idol, Yoejachingu or Gfriend.” Handyman Oppa emphasises on the word ’famous’ as if sending her best friend a signal that only they both understand.

”It’s nice meeting you.” Sei smiles at the girls and everyone at least smiles back although a forced one except Sowon who turns her attention back to Handyman Oppa.

”You purposely didn’t charge your phone because you never meant to let us know about this, right, oppa? You have all the intention to hide it from us just like you have been doing these past months, didn’t you?!” accused Sowon.

”I’m sorry, I think I left something at the cafeteria. I’m going to go and get it. I’ll get you girls some food while I’m at it. See you later, Yuu. I don’t want to die today, hope you make it out alive, man!” Sei shouted as she bolted out of the room when Handyman Oppa looked at her asking for her help.

”You. Are you going to keep lying to us? What are we to you, then? Just a bunch of weak and stupid girls? Answer me, damn it!” Sowon sniffled and bursts into tears. Everyone is shocked by Sowon’s sudden outburst followed by the leader’s crying and sobbing.

Handyman Oppa quickly holds onto Sowon and pulls her into a tight hug. The girl never once showed her weak side to Handyman Oppa. Sowon rested her head in the crook of Handyman Oppa’s neck and let out all her tears of frustration, anger and sadness. No one said a thing because everyone is crying and hugging each other right now. Crying is just the same as laughing, it’s contagious except for Handyman Oppa who is the only one having dry eyes.

”Tell me, do you take us as weak and stupid. That’s why you didn’t tell us?” Yerin asks while sobbing.

”I...I don’t want to worry you girls. And I was planning to do something, so I don’t want my condition to affect them,” Handyman Oppa forces a reassuring smile. After more than ten minutes of crying party, the crying starts to subside. 

”Oppa, so now that we know, is it going to ruin your plan?” Yuju suddenly asks when almost everyone has stopped crying except Eunha who is crying silently in Sowon’s chest.

”No, no. Don’t worry. It doesn’t. I don’t think I would be able to do it now. Not because of you. No. Girls, do you want something to eat? We can order food delivery. There’s a place that makes delicious jjampong and jajangmyeon,” suggests Handyman Oppa trying to change the topic.

”We would like to, but we have to go back now. Next time?” answers Yuju. 

”Next time we’ll go out and have dinner together. You girls should rest, you must have been tired today. And I’m sorry again,” the girls all shake their head and hug the woman before getting ready to leave the room.

”Oh, and Yerin, SinB. Congratulations. I wish you two all the happiness in the world” Handyman Oppa mentally slapped herself, biting her tongue when she said that.

”Oh? How did you know?” Yerin asks.

”Ahh the other day I-”

”You saw the ring, didn’t you oppa? As expected, your eyes are pretty good,” said Umji, patting the older woman’s back reassuringly. She is being the mature one today. When she heard and saw Handyman Oppa’s sadden expression, she knows immediately when the older woman came to know about SinB’s relationship status with Yerin. And she needs to save the older woman and probably SinB from their misery. That’s when she decided to cut Handyman Oppa’s mid-sentence and cover for her.

”Uhh. We wanted to tell you about it ourselves. Not for you to find out yourself.” Yerin pouted, SinB stares at the floor, not wanting to look at the woman as she fiddles with the ring on her finger.

**

”That’s her, isn’t she?” Sei asks as soon as she gets into the room. Handyman Oppa moves up her arm that is covering her eyes to her forehead without saying anything.

”Why on earth did you say that?” Sei badgered.

Handyman Oppa just flashes a bitter smile at the woman and shrugs her shoulder. She closes her eyes and yet again, tears trickling down her cheeks.

”Stupid!” Sei shouted at Handyman Oppa.

”I love her...” Handyman Oppa said under her breath, weakly.

Sei sighs. ”I know. You are a fool. Why do you keep fall in love with a girl you can never have? When are ever going to be happy, if you keep doing this?” Sei sighs but her best friend doesn’t respond and keep hiding his eyes under his forearm.

”Let’s at least try living, okay?” Sei’s voice soften, ruffling Handyman Oppa’s hair. Handyman Oppa nods her head weakly while letting the tears run down her cheeks.

***

Today Handyman Oppa has her scheduled chemotherapy and all six members of Gfriend decide that they are going to accompany the older woman at the clinic. Handyman Oppa refused it adamantly but finally gives in when all six of them wouldn’t budge at all. The woman tried giving them various of reasons why they shouldn’t accompany her including the session is going to take half a day, so it’s going to be boring. She usually does it at the open clinic area and not in a room, so, there are no bed and only chairs that will make them sore from sitting too long.

Handyman Oppa even use Gfriend’s fame as a reason. Handyman Oppa vouched that at least a dozen of people might recognise them and then they have to entertain them because if not the fans will get angry at them. And a whole bunch of other reasons. But, the girl joined forces and flatly said no to Handyman Oppa’s excuses and are still coming today even if the woman still refused. Gfriend’s managing team also know about Handyman Oppa’s condition and they allow them to tag along today since they are on break. They are going to meet Handyman Oppa at the clinic.

”Hey, girls. Oh, this is Nurse Yang. She is helping me with the ice cap when I do my chemo,” Handyman Oppa introduces a woman in her late twenties to the girls once they arrived. 

Eunha smiles but couldn’t hide her surprised face. Handyman Oppa shoots a questioning look at Eunha and the girl comes near her and whispers something.

”I thought you were doing some stuff with her. I went by your apartment one day and asked you if you were home. You said you weren’t, but then I saw her leaving your apartment.”

Handyman Oppa bursts into laughter as soon as she heard what Eunha had in her mind. The girl blushes and smacks her repeatedly, telling her to stop laughing because the other girls starting to ask them why. Handyman Oppa clench her stomach, trying to stop laughing. She finally did and just shakes her head at the other girls and said ’secret’. The seven of them hang out, eat, talk and play games while Handyman Oppa goes through her chemo. Luckily, she is doing well today. Nothing out of the ordinary happens. They parted ways at the parking lot where the girls ride their van and Handyman Oppa gets into her car which she already booked a chauffeur to drive her home like always.

***

Since the first chemo session that the six girls came accompanying Handyman Oppa, after that, some of the girls come by to visit or to accompany Handyman Oppa during her chemo session. Among the girls, Eunha accompanies her the most. Sometimes, she is with Sowon only, sometimes she is alone, and there are times she is with Sowon and the other girls. Today, she comes with Sowon and SinB. For the first time, SinB comes to the session without Yerin.

Handyman Oppa is a bit surprised but happy to see SinB. It has been months since they last saw each other without Yerin. The three talk and laugh at Handyman Oppa’s joke. SinB seems to laugh happily and smiles brightly today. Sowon and Eunha used to accompany Handyman Oppa, so they already know the place well. So, they excuse themselves to the cafeteria to get something for them to eat. SinB chooses to stay with Handyman Oppa and just ask the two older girls to buy some food for her.

”Hey, how have you been?” Handyman Oppa asks SinB who is resting her head on her chair’s armrest. SinB looks up at Handyman Oppa with teary eyes.

”Hey, hey...why are you crying? Hey...” Handyman Oppa cupped SinB’s face and gently wipes off the tears trickling down the girl she loves’s cheeks with her thumbs. Then, she pull the girl into a hug and lets SinB cries on her chest. Handyman Oppa didn’t say anything and just the girl’s spine up and down.

”I’m sorry, oppa.” SinB finally said something after half an hour burying her head in Handyman Oppa’s chest, drenching the woman in her tears. SinB gets her head off Handyman Oppa’s chest when the nurse is taking off the ice cap that the oppa is currently wearing to replace it with a new one that is at the right temperature. They keep changing the cap every half an hour because the cap’s temperature will rise, so they will put on a new one and keep the used one in the cooler filled with dry ice to bring down the temperature. This process is repeated until the chemo ends and oppa will wear a new one just before leaving the clinic and takes it off at home.

”Why are you sorry? You didn’t do anything,” Handyman Oppa smiles warmly at SinB, ruffling her hair.

”I haven’t talked to you much and I wasn’t there for you. You had to go through it alone...” SinB’s eyes are getting teary again but Handyman Oppa quickly wipes them off.

”I didn’t tell you. And it’s okay, you are in the early stage of your relationship, it’s okay that we don’t talk as much as before,” Handyman Oppa said calmly while still smiling.

SinB sighs inwardly. ”Did you plan to tell me?” SinB asks, she doesn’t want to let their conversation focus on her relationship with Yerin.

”Yes. I planned to tell you after I’m done with my treatment.” 

”When did you actually found out about it?” SinB asks, not looking at Handyman Oppa’s eyes and just stares at the woman’s fingers and plays with it.

”Do you remember when I came back from Busan?” Handyman Oppa asks and SinB hums while nodding her head. ”I was sleeping all the time and you asked me to go and see Dr. Ahn for her to check up on me. That’s when I started noticing the symptoms. We did scans, blood test and biopsy. A few weeks after that, we confirm that my cancer relapsed.”

”Why didn’t you tell me? Do you remember you said to me that day you went to the company, you picked up Eunha unnie and go out, Yerin and I went out for samgyeopsal...do you remember what you said to me?” SinB keeps with being the one asking question and expecting Handyman Oppa to be the one answering.

”Yes. But I think I said a lot of things though. Which one are you referring at? That I will always be with you no matter what happens?” 

”Yes. That. And about I’m always the reason you do something. Is that true?” SinB finally looks at Handyman Oppa’s eyes.

”Yes. You are and will always be. I don’t want you to worry about me, that’s why I didn’t tell you about this. And I’m always here for you. You can talk to me about everything if you want, or you don’t have to talk to me, whenever you need someone to hold on to, I’m here for you. You can always hold on to me. I might seem a little weak now, but I’m still the same oppa you knew before. Just lost a bit of weight and strength, that’s all. Just a bit.” Handyman Oppa reassured SinB.

”I’m sorry, oppa.” SinB said, pressing her lips together trying to hold in her tears.

”Hey, don’t be. You have nothing to apologise-”

”I feel like I abandon you while you are going through this horrible thing and yet you are still reassuring me, promising me that you will always be there for me. I was the one who should have been there for you...” SinB starts sobbing again.

”You didn’t abandon me, SinB. Remember that day? I told you, you are always here.” Handyman Oppa takes SinB’s hand by the wrist and places it on her chest.

Handyman Oppa smiles at SinB. The smile is as sweet and reassuring as it used to be, but, the eyes are not as bright and sparkles as they used to be. There’s a ray of sadness in the older woman’s dull eyes. 

”Do you mind if I ask you something, SinB?” Handyman Oppa asks.

Since the day they visited Handyman Oppa at the hospital after she passed out, the older woman never calls her Bi anymore. She longed to hear how soft and warm it sounded when Handyman Oppa call her that but she never asked, she couldn’t ask her to do so. Honestly, she hates it when Handyman Oppa calls her that name. Not because she hates the name, she adores the name so much. It’s just she had gotten used hearing Handyman Oppa calling her Bi that it doesn’t sound right when she calls her SinB. 

”Are you happy?” Handyman Oppa asks without waiting for SinB to answer her previous question.

”Emm... Yes. I guess so. There are things that make me happy. But there is also a thing that I am not happy about,” SinB smiles but she knows it looks forced, but she keeps putting up a facade.

”I’m sorry...” Handyman Oppa said lowly, caressing SinB’s hands.

”Why are you sorry?” SinB looks at the woman puzzled by the sudden apology.

”Because I couldn’t make you happy. I’ll try hard-” SinB cuts Handyman Oppa mid-sentence, ”it’s not your fault, I’m at fault.” 

”No one is at fault. Not you, not me. Okay, now tell me, what or who is it that makes you unhappy. I’ll go and give them a beating! Aiyaa!!!” Handyman Oppa screams as she air punching and air kicking, showing to SinB her fighting skills, trying to cheer the girl up. SinB didn’t say anything in response.

”Oh, wait? It’s me? Omo, omo, omo. Em...can I not do it then? My punch and kick are powerful and it’s going to be painful... Please?” Handyman Oppa acting cute, fiddles with her fingers, swaying her head right and left, giving SinB the puppy eyes.

”Stop it, you silly. It’s not you. Heh. I thought you said you are still the strong oppa I knew,” SinB chuckles and smacks Handyman Oppa’s arm lightly.

”That’s the smile and laugh that I missed!” exclaimed Handyman Oppa happily as she pinches SinB’s nose. SinB instantly bursts into tears, panicking Handyman Oppa.

”Hey, hey...I’m sorry. Does it hurt? Sorry, sorry.” Handyman Oppa rubs the girl’s nose that she just pinched.

SinB shakes her head, telling the older woman in between sobbing that it doesn’t hurt. Handyman Oppa then asks the girl what is wrong, if she is hurt somewhere as she examines the girl’s arms and face.

”I’m scared. I’m scared that I will lose you,” SinB cries even harder.

”Hey. No, you are not going to lose me. I’m here. I’m here with you. I promise you, I’ll make it out alive. Okay? If I don’t, you can beat me to death, okay?” Handyman Oppa joked, trying to make the girl laugh, instead, SinB wails. SinB hugs Handyman Oppa tightly, buries her head in the oppa’s chest.

”I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m kidding. I’ll try my best to make it out alive, I promise. I told you, you are the reason I’m doing something, right? I promise you this. Well...I told Eunha I will make it for her too. But, but...I’m doing it for you the most, you are more. A bit more from Eunha,” Handyman Oppa the girl’s spine and shoulders reassuringly.

”Omo...I thought you are going to make it for me, oppa. How could you?!” said Eunha who suddenly appears out of nowhere in a feigned angry tone.

”This is hurtful for me, oppa. I am nothing for you? You don’t even think about me? And here I am, buying you your favourite ice cream and burger. So sad...” Sowon said, pouting her lips and slumps in the small couch next to the woman’s reclining chair.

SinB lifts her head slowly, looking at the two older girls who are pouting on the couch. She wipes off the tears on her cheeks.

”I love you, Sowon. I love you, Eunha. Of course you are someone special for me, Sowon. First, SinB. Then, Eunha. And right after, it’s you, Sowon. I love my Sowon who buys me ice cream and burger...” Handyman Oppa smiles at Sowon, holding out her hand at the tall girl for the food. Sowon rolled her eyes but smiles back at the older woman and hands her a plastic bag.

”using my card!” Handyman Oppa sticks her tongue out at Sowon who then just laughs, ”I really love using your card, oppa. I can buy everything I want to.” 

”I know, right? You can buy weird stuff and people wouldn’t know if it’s for you or for me.” Handyman Oppa laughs with Sowon as she lifts open the soft ice cream’s lid and starts eating.

”I bought you jjampong, SinB. You should eat it before it gets soggy.” Sowon puts a plastic bag containing a food container on the adjustable rectangular table next to her, and pushes the table to SinB.

”Oppa, let’s eat this together,” SinB said as she takes out the food container.

”Oppa can’t eat spicy and hot soups now,” Eunha shakes her head at SinB, informing her. SinB looks at Eunha, Sowon and then Handyman Oppa who nod their head and tell her to eat. SinB’s eyes are getting teary again and she said sadly, under her breath, ”I’m sorry, I didn’t know oppa. I don’t know anything...”

”Bi... Don’t be sad. Your unnie used to be here with me. They knew that because they watched me eating food after I cool them down. And I told them about it. Okay? Don’t be sad. You eat, and I tell you what I eat and don’t eat these days, what I do and don’t do. Okay?” Handyman Oppa the girl’s hair, persuading SinB. 

SinB smiles when she heard the older woman calls her Bi. She nods her head weakly. SinB once again looks at Eunha and Sowon, pushing the food container at the two older girl for them to eat it first. Both Eunha and Sowon shakes their head, telling her that they already ate at the cafeteria. SinB proceeds to eat and listens to Handyman Oppa telling her things she doesn’t know had changed since the older woman started her chemotherapy. Once in a while, Eunha and Sowon agreeing to what Handyman Oppa said and sometimes add things that the woman forget to mention.

”SinB, Yerin is on her way with the manager to pick you up. Unnie and Eunha are going to stay the night at oppa’s,” Sowon said after she reads the new message she received from Yerin.

SinB looks at her unnie with her eyes wide open, shaking her head protesting the older girl. Sowon smiles apologetically at SinB before nodding her head, confirming that she has to go home. SinB shakes her head, frowning her lips, giving Sowon and Eunha her puppy eyes. Both girls sigh before apologising at SinB.

”It’s okay, Sowon, Eunha. You two should go back home with SinB. You don’t have to accompany me. I’m okay. You two really should stop worrying about me, I promise you, I’m okay. No need to come home with me.” Handyman Oppa said as she watches the three exchanging the gesture of nodding and shaking their head for almost a minute now.

”We don’t have to. We don’t need to. But, we want to, oppa. You know that already,” Eunha said.

”I also want to, unnie. I want to stay with oppa tonight,” pleaded SinB.

Sowon and Eunha exchange looks that only they understand. They sigh heavily before apologising to SinB once again. The younger girl pouts then tries using her pleading, cute puppy eyes at Handyman Oppa. 

Handyman Oppa steals a glance at Sowon and Eunha and the two shakes her head a bit telling her not to give in to SinB.

”I always keep you close in here,” Handyman Oppa said as she puts her hand on her chest, gently SinB’s head and then kisses the top of the girl’s head. SinB finally gives up and just sit there sulkily. 

Sowon and Eunha just exchange a guilt look with each other. They don’t have a choice, but not to let SinB join them and spend the night at Handyman Oppa’s apartment because they don’t want to say she can without Yerin knowing it first. Sowon didn’t notice at first, but one day, Eunha talked to her about it after she got home from Handyman Oppa’s house. Her girlfriend said she never see SinB went out with Handyman Oppa ever since she and Yerin were officially dating. After that day, Sowon thinks back and she begins to notice that too. Eunha was concern about it but Sowon convinced her not to say anything to either SinB or Yerin. So, they just keep an eye on the younger girl to make sure she is okay.

Everything seems okay, until just now. Today is actually the second time SinB accompany Handyman Oppa for her chemo session. The first was when the six of them came together. SinB always wanted to join Eunha but never got the chance for some reasons. Today, the younger girl somehow was able to join Sowon and Eunha. Sowon and Eunha thought they would give the two some time alone to talk since they haven’t met for long, that’s why they decided to stay at the cafeteria for a bit after they finished their lunch earlier.

When they came back, they heard SinB was crying. She couldn’t hear what SinB was saying between her sobbing but she heard the girl apologising. Sowon then told Eunha that they should let them talk a bit more and waited for them. After a few minutes, the younger girl finally stopped crying but then when they were about to draw open the curtain, SinB started crying again. They waited but decided they should just go in so SinB could stop feeling sorry and sad for not being there for Handyman Oppa.

Sowon and Eunha could have guessed that the reason SinB hasn’t been visiting the older woman is probably because Yerin is not fond of or comfortable about it. Sowon and Eunha especially know about the situation well because they have been through it when Handyman Oppa first came into their life. Sowon learnt it the hard way, they even broke up once because of it and had gone through a couple of months accepting that Eunha is somewhat attached to Handyman Oppa, not how Eunha is with her, but more than just a friend. Eunha never stops convincing Sowon that Handyman Oppa is someone special that she is comfortable with, someone that she trusts and loves more than a friend but not as a lover. 

Yerin arrives and stays at the clinic for about fifteen minutes. She and Handyman Oppa talk, catching up and jokes around.

”Are you ready, honey?” Yerin asks SinB while holding out her hand to the younger girl who is also her girlfriend. SinB nods her head and takes Yerin’s hand in hers. Handyman Oppa looks away, pretending to find something on the side table. Then, the five of them leave the clinic together and parted way at the parking lot. Sowon and Eunha follow Handyman Oppa to her car, while SinB and Yerin go to their van.

***

”Bi...” 

Eunha and Sowon look at one another when they heard from afar Handyman Oppa’s voice. They got up from the couch and go to the older woman’s bedroom. They purposely left the bedroom’s door open so they could easily hear the woman calling them if she needs anything. As the two got to the room, they just stand at the door’s frame because Handyman Oppa is still sleeping.

”Bi...I love you,” the woman mutters. Sowon’s eyes widen and look at Eunha in shocked. But her girlfriend just smiles casually at her. 

”I’m sorry, Bi. I made you sad, I made you worry. I love you, but you are happy with Yerin now. Be happy with her. I’m always here for you, don’t be sad.” Handyman Oppa keeps talking as she flails her hands in the air.

For Eunha, it’s normal. The woman has been sleeptalking more nowadays. She is not sure if it’s the effect of the chemo but since she knew about the woman’s condition and she accompanied her for her chemo session, the woman always sleeptalk. And what the woman is saying right now is something she had heard it before, numerous times. But, it’s the first for Sowon.

”Bi...I’m sorry I promised Eunha too I’ll get out alive for her. You are more than Eunha. Eunha-yang, I’m sorry but SinB is more. I love you...” Handyman Oppa starts sobbing. 

Sowon is taken aback by what she just heard and saw. She wanted to go and wake the sleeping woman up but Eunha stops her by holding onto her wrist. Eunha shakes her head. As they walk towards the living room, they heard Handyman Oppa’s voice again but now a bit louder. And this time it is something non-sense.

”I like potato! Yes, Sei. I like potato! Yes. I’m a stupid, loveless person who likes potato. Thank you. That’s a cute fried rice!” Handyman Oppa giggles like a child.

Sowon stares at Eunha who just casually sit on the couch and continues watching the drama they were watching. Seeing Eunha is not going to say anything, Sowon asks, ”oppa loves SinB?” 

Eunha nods her head. Sowon holds Eunha by the side of her body and turns her body so they are facing each other.

”Since when?” Sowon asks.

”I think from the start. I never ask.” 

”Ohh. Wait, the ring. So, it’s for SinB. Thank God.” Sowon rubs her chest in relief.

”You found that too?” Eunha asks and Sowon nods her head.

”Oppa was holding onto it that one night. I remember the date engraved on the ring was more than a year ago. I think it was the day we first met oppa. Huh? What? Omo...poor oppa...” Sowon adds and Eunha just sighs heavily knowing exactly what her girlfriend is saying. She also accidentally knew about it when Handyman Oppa sleeptalked the first night she accompanied the woman for her chemo alone. And it has been recurring every time she spends the night. She never confronted Handyman Oppa about it because she doesn’t know what she would say or it would do any good. 

”Bi!!!” 

Sowon and Eunha once again are shocked when they heard the woman screaming out loud. They immediately get up and race to the bedroom, but they don’t go into the room when they see Handyman Oppa is sitting on the bed, resting her head limply on her knees and cries her heart out. Eunha pulls Sowon closer to her and they just stand against the wall, listening to the woman crying. They both couldn’t help it, Handyman Oppa’s heart-wrenching wailing is tugging their heart and they cry along with the woman, silently.