Whom this heart belongs to?

Do you love me?

SinB stretches her arms out, moving her head around as she punches her shoulder to loosen up her tight muscles. She looks up at the ceiling and closes her tired eyes. SinB opens her eyes slowly as her feet are suddenly being massaged. The person massaging her feet with a bright smile on her face gets up from the floor and sits next to her on the couch.

”Please move a bit, I'm going to lift your feet.” SinB scoots to her right and turns her body to the left, facing the person sitting next to her as the person lifted her feet and rested them on her lap.

”You don't have to do that, Yerin unnie,” SinB said as Yerin begins to massage her feet.

”I know, I want to. You must be tired. You can take a nap for ten minutes while I massage your feet,” Yerin said with a smile as her hand is pinching and moving up and down SinB’s calf.

”No, I want to look at you. Your pretty face is my source of energy,” SinB said, grinning at Yerin to which the girl responded with her infamous eye smiles.

Yerin continues massaging SinB’s legs while the younger girl is following her every move with her eyes like a hawk. After a few minutes, SinB falls asleep probably because of the relaxing feeling from the massage and her tiredness. Yerin just let SinB sleeps. After ten minutes, she intentionally pinches the younger girl’s leg causing SinB to scream painfully.

”Ouch, it hurts!” SinB exclaims as she sits up.

”I thought you said you wanted to look at my pretty face?” Yerin asks sulkily, pouting her lips at SinB.

”Even when I close my eyes, I can still see your pretty face. You are all over my mind,” SinB said as she pinches Yerin’s soft cheeks.

”Liar! You were snoring just now, and drooling all over the place,” Yerin scoffs at SinB, letting go of the girl's legs and crossed her arms.

SinB quickly runs her palm over , trying to wipe any remaining saliva on her face.

”I was dreaming about you, that's why I was drooling,” SinB said as she winks at Yerin.

”Just what kind of dream did you have that made you drooled?” Yerin asks still pouting.

”Would you like to know?” SinB asks as she smiles cheekily while moving her eyebrows up and down.

”No. You should continue studying, you still have some pages left.” Yerin said pointing her finger at the text book and practice book on the table in front of them.

”Urgh, I’m tired. Can I just continue tomorrow?” said SinB as she proceeds to close the books.

”No, you said you are going to finish it today. You’ve been playing all day,” Yerin said as she stops SinB from closing the book.

SinB really doesn't want to get back to studying her least favourite subject, history. So, she is actively thinking what other ways that she could do to get away from studying. After all, the exam is in two weeks, so she got plenty of time to study. SinB smiles as she just thinks of an idea.

“Well then, can I get some moral and energy boost? I’m tired.” SinB said as she pursed her lips and moves her head closer to Yerin’s face. 

”Stop playing, and get back to work.” Yerin said as she clasp SinB’s lips with her fingers.

”C’mon, just one. Please... I need some energy to finish reading this history textbook,” SinB muttered while her pursed lips are in between Yerin’s fingers and thumb.

Yerin gives SinB a quick peck on her cheeks and lets go of the girl's lips. She then taps her index finger on the book a few times asking SinB to get back to finish reading the book. Although Yerin’s heart contents are to really kiss SinB as the girl rarely presented her with this kind of opportunity, Yerin just tossed aside what she wants and did what she needed to do. 

Yerin could hear the younger girl grunted but she keeps tapping the book until the girl who is leaning on the couch, sits up and lean forwards to the table. Yerin knew the exam is not due in another two weeks, but SinB was the one asking her to force her to start study a few days ago because she still has a lot of studying to do. So, she is just doing her job as SinB asked her to. 

SinB smiles and quickly turns to her left, cupping Yerin’s small face with her hand and planted a kiss on the older girl’s luscious lips. Yerin who did not see it coming, could not do anything as SinB moves as quickly as she can. This is true only in other occasions when ten seconds goes by really quickly, but when you are kissing, ten seconds is long. So, to be exact, SinB only moves quickly to get her lips onto Yerin’s but lingers around for about ten seconds once their lips are locked together. 

”You already got what you want, right? So, get back to study,” Yerin said in a feigned nonchalant manner as SinB pulls away and smiles at her.

SinB whose hands are still cupping Yerin’s face smiles at the older girl. Then she moves her head forward once again and kiss Yerin’s lips. Only this time it was only for a quick two-second peck compared to the last one.

”Now, I'm all charged.” SinB said, grinning at Yerin who is now blushing.

”SinB yahh! Stop playing!” Yerin screams in a feigned angry voice as she smacks SinB’s shoulder.

SinB catches Yerin’s hands. She holds Yerin’s hands tightly with one hand, while she wraps her other hand around Yerin’s waist, pulling the older girl’s body closer. Both SinB and Yerin are screaming happily in their mind, but for a very different reason. SinB is happy as she got to play around rather than study, while Yerin is happy as she got to stay in this close proximity, being intimate with SinB and this time she was not the one who started it. Although Yerin wanted to stay like this forever, her conscience gets the better of her.

”Eunbi-yah, stop playing or you are never going to finish study for your exam. Let me go and I’ll stay here with you while you study, okay?” Yerin wiggles her body trying to get out of SinB’s embrace.

”I can do this all night long. Stop wiggling.” SinB said as she tightens her embrace causing Yerin to stop wiggling her body.

”Okay. Now, let's study.” Yerin said as she stops moving her body and turns to face the table where SinB’s books at.

SinB grunted before she follows Yerin’s move and lets go of Yerin’s waist and hands. She then holds Yerin’s right hand with her left hand, picks up her pencil with her right hand and begins to read the book in front of her. SinB tries her hardest to concentrate and read the history textbook and as a way to keep her awake, she plays with Yerin’s fingers.

SinB gets lost in her reading as the topic is quite interesting. After a while, she turns to her left only to find Yerin is already sleeping while leaning back on the couch. Their fingers are still interlaced together, so Yerin’s body is slightly crooked to her right to accomodate her arm that is fully extended, with her fingers interlaced with SinB’s who is leaning forward.

SinB lets go of Yerin’s hand and gingerly correcting Yerin’s body so she would be lying flat on the couch. SinB scoots over to sit at the edge of the couch as she places Yerin’s legs behind her. Yerin looks like she is cold, so SinB gets a blanket and covers Yerin with it. SinB sits on the floor and continues studying for her exam. Just like before, she holds Yerin’s hand with her left hand and uses the right one to hold her pencil and writes down some notes.

Yerin wakes up and glances at the clock on the wall showing it's already 1 in the morning. Yerin is a bit surprised that she is lying on the couch which was not her original position. She smiles when she sees SinB who is still holding her hand has fallen asleep with her notebook rested on her face. SinB is sitting on the floor with her back rested against the couch that Yerin is on. Yerin slowly gets up, lets go of SinB hand and picks up the girl's notebook and places it on the table. She closes all the books and arranges them nicely on the table before wakes SinB up.

”SinB, let’s go to bed,” Yerin said softly to SinB as she shakes the girl's shoulder lightly.

”Emm.” SinB muttered as she rubs her half-opened eyes.

Yerin stands beside SinB and offers her hand to SinB. She pulls SinB to stand and smiles as the girl who is only half awake.

”I want to sleep with you,” Yerin said to the still groggy SinB as they walk leaving the living room.

”Okay, yours or mine?” SinB asks as she pulls Yerin’s hand to walk faster.

”Mine. Sowon unnie is sleeping in Eunha’s bed.” Yerin said as she peeked through the crack of the younger girl’s bedroom door.

Both Yerin and SinB climb up the bunk bed in the older girl’s bedroom which its occupants are Sowon and Yerin. They naturally take their own position with Yerin sleeping in the inner side, by the wall and SinB sleeping at the outer side, by the bed’s ralling. Yerin lies down facing SinB’s back. She puts her left arm under her head and wraps her right arm over SinB’s body. Automatically, Yerin’s fingers slowly sneaks under SinB’s t-shirt. Yerin runs her finger up and down SinB’s abdomen slowly, up to her chest area and down to just before the waist of SinB’s underwear.

”Don’t try anything funny. I have school tomorrow, bad hands,” SinB muttered as she takes out Yerin’s hand from under her t-shirt, interlaced their fingers and rested their hand onto her fully-clothed stomach.

”Good night, I love you.” Yerin whispers in SinB’s ears and kisses the back of SinB’s head to which the girl just responded with a grunt.

****

Yerin brings two mugs of tea from the kitchen and places them on the table beside the books. She is accompanying SinB studying again tonight but as she has learnt from last night, it is best to limit physical contact with the girl.

”Just tea? No foot massage like last night?” SinB asks lifting her head from the book.

”No foot rub, it’s not like you are using them for studying.” Yerin said as she sits on the couch behind SinB.

SinB strangely picks up Handyman Oppa’s habit of sitting on the floor while leaning against the couch instead of sitting on the couch itself.  

“I am using them. See. Ten plus ten equals to... one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve...” SinB said as she counted her fingers and toes.

”Since when high school mathematics have a simple addition question like that. And, you can use the calculator for that.” Yerin said and chuckles at SinB’s childish behaviour.

”Well, I don't like to depend on technology too much. I like using the natural way. I use my hand to write, can you massage my hand then?” SinB asks as she extends her hand to Yerin.

”My hands are sore from massaging you last night,” Yerin answered trying not to give in to SinB’s scheme to stop studying.

”Really? Come here, let me massage them for you,” SinB said as she extends her hand out to Yerin asking for the older girl’s hands.

”You would do everything else except studying, wouldn't you?” Yerin asks SinB as she crosses her arms to which the younger girl just responded with a grin.

”My head is about to explode with all these numbers. I can't even see straight, all I see are numbers,” SinB said as she leans back on the couch and frowns sadly.

”Fine, then. Take a break and drinks your tea before it gets cold. You have until your tea is cooled. It could make your headache go away,” Yerin said as she picks up the mugs and gives one to SinB while holding one for herself.

”Just tea? No massaging my head?” SinB asks with pouted.

Yerin just shakes her head as a response. Yerin takes a sip of the hot tea and smiles at SinB.

”You picked up some of oppa’s habit, didn't you?” SinB said as she sips the tea and smiles.

”Look who’s talking,” Yerin replies with a cheeky smile.

SinB just laughs as she knows exactly what Yerin is referring to. They both enjoy their hot tea in silence. SinB glances over her shoulder looking at Yerin who is sipping her tea while reading a book. The older girl looks peaceful and happy when she reads, SinB loves that about Yerin. She might appear as she is a carefree person in public, but she is actually a quiet person when she's at home. Other than sleeping and eating, Yerin enjoys reading too.

”You’ll get cross-eyed if you keep staring at me like that,” Yerin said while still looking at her book she is reading.

Yerin actually has been trying to focus on her reading in the last five minutes but couldn't. She keeps reading the same line since she noticed that SinB is side-staring her. 

”I don't mind getting cross-eyed because of someone beautiful like you. We look like an old married couple, haha. Drinking hot tea, you reading a book,” SinB said, smiling at Yerin who finally puts her book down and looks at her.

”Are you calling me old?” Yerin asks with a serious face.

”Well, you were born two years earlier than me. Based on my calculation, you are older than me. So, yes, you are old.” SinB said as she pinches Yerin’s nose.

”Ah, I see. It's good to see that you have been applying what you studied in real life.” Yerin said as she picks up her book back and continues reading.

”The tea has gone cold, Eunbi-yah,” said Yerin softly without lifting her head from the book.

SinB grunted before she slides off the couch and sits on the floor. She picks up her pencil and continues to read and solve the mathematical problems in her practice books. Both Yerin and SinB focus on their books, each reading in silence.

Yerin closes the book she was reading and puts it on the couch. She gets up from the couch gingerly so she would not disturb SinB who seems to be focusing on solving a complex question. She picks up her mug and plans to get SinB’s mug as well and put them in the kitchen on her way to the toilet.

”Where are you going? Don’t leave me, please...” SinB said, grabbing Yerin’s wrist upon seeing the girl is getting off the couch.

”To the toilet. May I go to the toilet, teacher?” said Yerin calmly.

”Ahh. Yes, yes. Come back quickly, okay?” SinB said still holding onto Yerin’s wrist.

”Ne.” Yerin responded with a warm smile on her face.

”Umm... aren’t you going to leave me with something to get me to continue study while you are not here?” asks SinB as she swings her body to the sides while playing with her finger and puckering her lips.

Yerin smiles and nods her head. She bends forward so her face would be at the same level as SinB’s who is sitting on the floor. She smiles again and leans closer to SinB’s face. Yerin stops just as her nose about to touch SinB’s cheeks.

”Study. Hwaiting!” Yerin whispers in SinB’s ears before slowly walks away from the dumbfounded girl.

SinB blinks her eyes in disbelief. Her heart beats faster as if she is running. Yerin being cold and distant is driving her crazy. Tonight, the older girl who is usually cheerful, carefree and clingy is completely the opposite. A tsundere Yerin is making SinB falls head over heels for her. As Yerin was acting cold towards SinB the whole night, it only makes SinB wanting her more.

SinB quickly closes her books and arranges them neatly on the table. She then picks up the mugs and washes them. SinB sits on the couch, eagerly waiting for Yerin to come back from the toilet. From afar, SinB could see Yerin has let her hair that she put up in a bun before down to one side walking gracefully towards the living room. Yerin looks like a sweet angel just descended from heaven. SinB losses all her cool. SinB unconsciously bites her lips. As soon as Yerin steps into the living room, SinB gets up and grabs Yerin by the wrist.

”Let’s go to bed.” Said SinB pulling Yerin’s hand as she walks towards the older girl’s room.

”Eyh?” muttered Yerin confusedly but was ignored by SinB.

SinB drags Yerin into the Sowon-Yerin’s bedroom, closes the door and locks it. SinB was lucky because just like last night, Sowon is sleeping in Eunha’s bed leaving the room all to herself and Yerin. SinB pushes Yerin softly and pins her against the door. SinB stares at Yerin who looks calm, unaffected with what she is doing and it gets on her nerves.

“Stop teasing me,” SinB said to Yerin who is now only a few centimetres away from her, shooting a sweet smile at her.

”I am n-no-“ Yerin could not finished her sentence as SinB’s lips are already on her lips stopping her from saying what she wanted to say.

SinB and Yerin remained in the same position for over five seconds with their eyes closed. Their lips froze, glued on one another, with neither of them moving nor breathing. Yerin finally get ahold of herself puckered her lips to engage in a kiss with SinB whose lips are glued to hers. It seems SinB also just come to her senses as she responded by puckering her lips as well.

Yerin tilted her head slightly to the right. She slowly opens a bit and gently grabs SinB’s lower lip with her lips. Yerin softly in SinB’s lips that are in between hers. SinB responded to Yerin’s kiss, doing the same thing. They engaged in their first real kiss for about ten seconds before SinB pulls away.

”Let’s sleep,” SinB said as she pulls Yerin to the bed and climbs up the bunk bed.

Yerin just follows the girl without protesting. Her lips curled into a smile. When she opens her eyes earlier, she saw SinB was blushing, probably because of the kiss. Yerin thought SinB is probably shy and to avoid looking at her after they kiss, the girl immediately suggested them to go to sleep and drags her to the bed. That’s why Yerin did not protest and just follow the girl’s lead. 

****

“Uhh look at them, like a couple in their sixties.” Sowon said mockingly at Yerin and SinB who are sitting next to one another, each reading a book while drinking hot tea.

Sowon sits on the armrest of the one-seater couch that Eunha sits on. Unlike Yerin and SinB, they are drinking hot chocolates. 

“And you guys? Middle-school’s couple? Drinking chocolate milk...” Yerin said as she frowns her lips and chuckles.

”Oh, please. Excuse me, this is hot chocolate, not chocolate milk. Unlike you, we are like a modern newlyweds in their twenties,” said Sowon scoffing at Yerin.

SinB bursts into laughter upon hearing Sowon said the word ’modern’. It is so happen that she is reading a history book and the word modern doesn’t seems to fit what Sowon is describing. 

“What are you laughing at, SinB?” Sowon asks.

“Nothing.” SinB said as she shakes her head a few times and stops laughing.

”You should not be laughing, SinB. Your beloved oppa is going out with my girlfriend!” Grunted Sowon while glancing at Eunha who is enjoying her hot chocolate silently.

”Oh? Are you going too?” SinB closes her book and turns to ask Yerin.

”Aniya,” Yerin answers while shaking her head gently.

”Ohh...” SinB said nodding her head.

”You have to work, so I asked oppa to go out shopping with me,” Eunha said to Sowon as she pouted her lips, pretending to be sad.

”Well, yeah...I thought you would accompany me while I’m working though,” Sowon responded, a bit disappointed with what is going to happen tomorrow.

”What kind of work are you doing that Eunha unnie could accompany you? You don’t have anything scheduled for you tomorrow,” asks SinB.

”Well, it’s just a personal job. And this is all thanks to Yerin.” Sowon said as she sips her hot chocolate.

”You? What did you do?” SinB turns to her side, shooting a questioning look at Yerin.

”Me? I don't know,” said Yerin shrugging her shoulder, stares blankly at Sowon.

”Remember the other day? You bought a ring, then I thought I should buy one. And I did. Unfortunately, my phone was acting up, so I had to get it fixed. You did some odd jobs for oppa when you needed a bit of cash when you bought the ring, so I give it a shot with oppa. I wanted to organise her wardrobe but she asked me to organise her desk instead.” Sowon explains in details.

Yerin choked on her tea as she heard Sowon unexpected detailed explanation, particularly the part where she bought a ring and has to do some odd jobs for the oppa for a quick cash. Attempting to avoid any conversation about it, Yerin acted as if she didn't hear what Sowon said or have anything to do with it. Yerin knew she failed in fooling SinB with her feigned indifference act as she could feel a pair of eyes is staring at her, but she just ignores it.

”I wanted to give you my money, I told you you can pay me back when you have money. But you don't want it.” Eunha said sulkily.

”It’s better to work for the money, I don't feel right borrowing from you after I bought you the ring...” Sowon said softly at Eunha as she smiles faintly.

”I doubt oppa would let you organise her wardrobe,” SinB said to Sowon while slowly scooting to her left, closing the gap between her and Yerin who is currently ignoring her.

”Have you seen her wardrobe?” Sowon exclaims.

”Have you seen her desk?” exclaimed SinB causing everyone to laugh except Yerin, given they all have seen how messy it is.

”Speaking of this ring, what ring?” SinB asks without looking at Yerin specifically, but is hoping the girl would answer her.

”Oh? Yerin bought a ring for you. I think we bought it about two or three weeks ago. Didn't she give it to you? I already give mine to Eunha,” Sowon said as she looks at SinB confusedly, while Yerin is still acting like she is not part of the conversation.

”What ring? Well, I don't receive any rings. I guess Yerin unnie bought it for someone else then. When did you do that odd job, Yerin unnie?” SinB asks specifically directing it to the girl sitting like a statue next to her.

”Umm...hmm... Let's see...” muttered Yerin as she rubs her chin stalling from answering SinB’s question.

”Okay, nevermind,” said SinB which causes Yerin to smiles and sighs in relief.

”I’ll asks oppa directly,” said SinB as she puts her phone to her ears.

Yerin blinks her eyes in disbelief. The thought of getting off the hook from answering SinB’s question just now was only a pretence hope. Yerin nervously taps her feet on the floor as she silently prays that Handyman Oppa would not pick up her phone. But, to no avail, the oppa answers the call and is put on the speaker by SinB.

”Oppa, are you going out with Eunha unnie tomorrow?” SinB asks as soon as she greets the older woman.

”Ah, yes.” 

”Are you planning to tell me about it?” SinB asks as if they are in a Q&A session.

”Ah, yes,” Handyman Oppa answers nervously.

”When?” SinB asks and her voice has become more serious with every question.

”Tonight? I don't want to disturb you when you are studying,” Handyman Oppa responded in an unsure and nervous voice.

”Oppa, I told SinB. Sorry, I didn't know you haven't told her yet,” Sowon said as she feels partly guilty when she saw SinB is getting irritated.

”Ah, Sowon, you told her. It's okay, I guess? Right, Bi?” Handyman Oppa asks faintly.

”Em. Oppa, Yerin unnie did some odd jobs for you when she bought a ring, didn't she? When was that?” SinB asks as she clenched her teeth attempting to control her voice from screaming in anger.

”Oh? She bought a ring? Emm... She helped me with some filings a few weeks ago,” Handyman Oppa said in a very low voice, almost inaudible for the first part of her responses.

”I was going to give it to you after you had finished your exam,” Yerin suddenly blurted out the most logical answer she could think of right now.

SinB glares at Yerin before shifting her focus to the phone she is holding. As she was about to ask Handyman Oppa a question, the older woman quickly cuts her off and said, ”I have to go pee. Eunha, I’ll see you tomorrow. I’ll text you later, SinB. Bye.” Click. Handyman Oppa hangs up the phone without waiting for SinB to respond leaving the girl staring at the phone blankly.

”I think we should let SinB continue study, we are just bothering her. Let's go, guys,” said Yerin as she slowly gets up from the couch and tries to leave the living room.

SinB just shoots a death glare at Yerin and it was enough to halt Yerin’s step. Sowon and Eunha leave the living room and disappear into Sowon’s room in a flash as they probably could sense a storm is coming from SinB’s red, angry eyes. Yerin slowly dragging herself towards the couch and plops down, giving up on any hope that she could escape from getting a series of question and angry lecture from SinB. And so it begins...

Yerin tries to listen attentively to what is SinB saying but her mind went over something else. She looks straight at SinB’s face as the girl talks but all she sees is SinB’s lips moving. In her mind, Yerin is desperately clinging on the memories of the sweet, lovely, loving nights she and SinB had the last few nights. She curses Sowon and her big mouth that gets her into trouble right now.

”Are you even listening to me?” SinB suddenly asks causing Yerin to snap out of her mind-cursing Sowon and nods her head enthusiastically.

”Then repeat what I said,” said SinB with a straight face.

SinB’s request is an impossible one to fulfil and Yerin just stares at her blankly as a response. This, without a doubt causing SinB to be even angrier than she was before, which leads to another long babble that enters Yerin’s right ear and goes out from the left.

”Shouldn't a girl squeal with joy when someone gives them a ring?” Yerin asks herself as she continues to pretend to listen to SinB’s babble.

Yerin facepalms herself in her mind when she realises that she hadn't given the ring to SinB yet and that answers her own question just now. She still thinks it is quite strange that SinB is this angry over a ring, but then she thinks about how she became to know about the ring from Sowon might be the number one reason why. Suddenly, a thought about Handyman Oppa crosses her mind.

”Is this why oppa didn't give SinB a ring, and just sets SinB’s ring fingerprint as a lock for her phone? She is more than capable of buying a ring for SinB. Heck, she can even order a custom-made ring just for SinB with all the money she made. Or has she tried before and got the same response from SinB?” Yerin keeps thinking about the possibilities and then decides to ask Handyman Oppa herself once SinB is done talking.

Yerin decides to really listen to SinB. But, once again she failed as now she is thinking about sleeping. In this current situation, Yerin is sure she will be sleeping in her own bed, alone. Unlike the previous nights where she falls asleep hugging the girl she loves, tonight she probably hugs her pillow and dolls. Yerin sighs inwardly. She can already feel how lonely and cold her night would be.

”You and oppa, you two are the same! You never listen to me when I’m talking to you.” SinB suddenly raises her voice, startling Yerin.

”What? Why? No, we are not. I’m sorry SinB. I did listen to you. You can't blame me for losing my focus because I got distracted by your beauty,” said Yerin as a brave attempt to sweet-talking SinB to make the girl less angry at her.

”Well, I guess I should go so you would not get distracted,” SinB said as she stomps off to her room.

Yerin immediately regrets her decision to sweet-talk an angry SinB which has worsened the situation. Yerin sighs and picks up four mugs left on the table and washes them with little energy she has left. There is nothing she could do. She tried calling SinB’s number and it went straight to voicemail indicating the girl has turn off her phone. Yerin just sends a text to SinB saying she was sorry and hope the girl will read it once she turns on her phone later. She drags her feet to the empty bed of hers and covers herself with a blanket while hugging a pillow in her hand. 

****

Sowon, Eunha, Umji and SinB are all dressed up and ready to leave. They are sitting on the couch as they wait for the taxi they called to arrive.

”Where are you going?” Yerin asks as she plops down on the couch.

”SinB and I are going to oppa’s house to study while accompanying Sowon unnie.” Umji said smiling brightly at Yerin.

”Ohh.” Yerin nods her head as she rubs her eyes.

“Wait, what?! Why?” Yerin asks as she just realised what Umji was saying.

”Unnie, are you awake? SinB and I are going to study at oppa’s house. Oppa has a lot of food and just to keep Sowon unnie company while she works on oppa’s office.” Umji said as she waves her hands in front of Yerin.

”The taxi is here, come on girls. Yerin, can you clean the house while we are out?” Sowon said as she picks up her tote bag.

”What? Me? No. It’s your turn this week,” Yerin said declining Sowon’s request.

”Well, can you please help me. I don’t think I can do it today,” Sowon said as she walks towards the door.

”No, you get paid to clean oppa’s office. Pay me and I’ll do it for you then,” Yerin said as she extends her hand out at Sowon.

”I’m doing this to get some money, how can I pay you?!” Sowon asks angrily.

”Well, then you just have to do it yourself. Bye.” Yerin said as she sticks her tongue out at Sowon before closing the door.

Yerin goes back to her room and takes out a small box from her wardrobe. She throws herself onto her bed. Yerin stares at the box and turns it around. She holds the box tightly in her hand before slowly takes the lid off. Yerin sighs as she looks at the ring in the box. The ring is just a simple one, with a small heart-shaped loop at the centre. She picks up the ring and reads the inscription on the inside of the ring’s shank, “to the one I love”.

For the nth time, Yerin sighs. She holds the ring close to her heart and closes her eyes. She has been planning to buy the ring a few months ago after Handyman Oppa indirectly give SinB a promise ring through her action of setting SinB’s left ring fingerprint for unlocking her phone. Since then, Yerin has been saving up her allowances to buy a ring for SinB. She didn’t originally planned to have it engraved, but decided to because of the photo she found when she was organising Handyman Oppa’s desk at her office in the university. She accidentally finds a photo of a ring with inscriptions on the inside of the shank buried deep inside one of the drawers. 

Yerin holds the ring up high and smiles. She planned to give the ring to SinB when she asks her to be her girlfriend. Although she had asked her once before but it was when they were already in bed ready to sleep, so, this time she wanted to do it properly. She is going to ask SinB out on a date like they usually do, only this time it will be perfectly planned.

First, they will go out for dinner in a nice restaurant, then to the arcade so she could win a cute toy for SinB. Following that, they will go out for a walk in the Hangang Park. Then, she will asks SinB to sit down somewhere to rest. With the beautiful scenery of the river and the moonlight shining on them, she will profess her love to SinB and asks her to be her girlfriend. 

SinB is preparing for her exam, so Yerin decides to do this after the girl finished with her exam. However, seeing the weather is getting colder as it will soon be winter, a night walk at the park would be uncomfortable. So, she thought of postponing it to next year when the weather is nice and warm. Furthermore, SinB will be graduating next year and it would be a perfect cover for her to ask SinB out, celebrating her being an adult. 

And now, she might have to give the ring to SinB without all the things she has planned to do. Yerin sighs as she tries to come up with a plan to give SinB the ring and profess her feelings in a special event, of course, without the night walk. Yerin stares at the ceiling. 

”Don't I have to win her heart first? SinB is pretty mad at me right now...” Yerin said to herself before sighing for the last time.

Yerin carefully put the ring back in the box and hides the box under her pillow. She gets off the bed and takes a shower, trying to clear her head so she could think of a better idea to give SinB the ring. As for now, she has been thinking about slipping the ring in SinB’s drink, put it in her underwear drawer, put it in a bread which she then has to bake but she doesn't know how to, sneakily puts on SinB’s finger when she's sleeping, or pretend to lose something and ask SinB to help her finds it somewhere in the balcony.

”Cliche.” The same word keeps ringing in her ears forcing Yerin to think of another idea how to make it romantic. 

”Would SinB like the ring? Wait... would she even accept it?” 

Yerin suddenly thinks about the possibility of SinB rejecting her after she professes her love and gives her the ring when Handyman Oppa’s image crosses her mind. She has been trying to win SinB’s heart and her opponent is Handyman Oppa. Yerin has been doing all sorts of things to show SinB her good, caring, and loving part of herself.

She has also done all sorts of things to make it clear how she feels towards SinB by telling her how much she loves her, kissing her, and being intimate with her. They have engaged in hugging, slapping at inappropriate parts of the body, kissing on the cheeks, forehead and hands countless of times. And even kissing on the lips. Well, if one would consider their lips touching one another or pressing one’s lip on someone’s lips are kissing. 

But then, SinB has been hanging out with Handyman Oppa more often. Although she has tried to tag along every chance she gets, the two has gone out on a date several times. They seem closer now. They used to contact each other via text messages, but now they even call one another. It is worrying but she hasn't seen Handyman Oppa do anything big except for the thing she did in the pool a few months ago. Since the pool incident, she has been making every effort to prevent SinB being alone with Handyman Oppa.

”Grrr...” 

The sound of her hungry stomach forcing Yerin to get to the kitchen and finds something to eat. Nothing. There's nothing on the table, nothing in the fridge. Yerin now understands why Umji and SinB go to Handyman Oppa’s house to study when Sowon is not home. There are always foods in the oppa’s fridge ready to be eaten. They just need to cook some rice, only if there is not much rice left on the table. If they are not in the mood for eating rice, there is always some sort of bread. Literally, the house has never had a shortage of food supply. Handyman Oppa even has frozen or pre-made food that they can just reheat and eat.

Yerin opens the freezer and it is well stocked with various meats, courtesy of none other, Handyman Oppa. The older woman always buys something for their dorm whenever she goes for groceries shopping. Yerin is fighting the urge of calling a taxi to go to Handyman Oppa’s house to eat. And she was saved by her memory of Handyman Oppa’s cooking that succeeded in her wheedling SinB after she did something that makes the girl angry.

This is not the first time she does something based on what Handyman Oppa has done. But, the older woman has done a lot of things in the past few months as she seems to always got into trouble with SinB. So, she got to see what oppa has tried and failed, and what has been successful. Plus, the older woman is a very romantic person, so she learnt quite a few things from her when it comes to make a girl swoon over her by a few words and actions.

Although the fact that she was saved indirectly by Handyman Oppa annoys Yerin a bit, but she is thankful for it. Yerin proceeds to take out a few things from the freezer and the fridge to cook something so she could say sorry to SinB. As for now, her stomach’s growling is too loud to wait for the meat to defrost and cooked, so she cooks some ramen for lunch.

****

Yerin looks at the foods she cooked on the table, smiling, satisfied with her accomplishment. She showered, dressed up in her best casual clothes and waits for the girls to come home, particularly SinB. Yerin never knows waiting for someone to come home could be this nerve wrecking. 

Tit.Tit. Tit. Tit. Tit. Tit.

For the first time, Yerin feels so happy to hear the sound of the door’s passcode being entered. She smiles brightly from ear to ear as she stands up and looks at the door. Sowon. Eunha. Umji. Yerin rubs her eyes as she counted again and there only three people who came through the door. SinB is nowhere to be found. Her smile turns to frown.

”Where is SinB?” Yerin asks the three girls who are smiling and laughing happily as they walk towards the living room.

”Oh, she said she's going to stay the night at oppa’s.” Sowon casually answers Yerin’s question as if nothing is wrong.

”What? Why? Did something happened?” Yerin asks frantically.

”Nothing happened. She just said she wanted to stay the night, no reason. Why unnie?” Umji said looking a bit confused with Yerin’s reaction because they all have stayed at Handyman Oppa’s house before.

”Wow! Yerin, did you cook all these? Looks yummy, let's eat.” Sowon exclaims while she picks up a piece of the chicken and eats it.

”Ah, yes. Go and shower first, then we'll eat.” Yerin chides at Sowon who just pouts as a response.

Yerin quickly dials SinB’s number and waits for the girl to answer. No answer. She dials again, still no answer. She is becoming inpatient and taps the screen hard to call the same number again as if it's going to make the girl answer her call. 

”Hello.”

Yerin nearly jump up and down the couch and scream when she heard SinB’s voice answering her call. She takes a deep breath instead and says hello back in the most gentle way she can.

”Hello, SinB. Where are you? Are you really not coming home tonight?”

”In the car with oppa. Yes, why?” SinB answers coldly.

”Why are you not coming home tonight?” Yerin asks gently, almost pleading the girl.

”I don't know. No reason, just want to stay the night at oppa’s.” SinB responded still nonchalantly to Yerin’s question.

”Come home tonight, I cooked a lot of foods for dinner. Your favourites too,” said Yerin in a mixed of cajoling and sad voice.

”I can eat the leftovers tomorrow,” SinB responded.

”It won't be as good if you eat it tomorrow. And I don't know if there will be leftovers or not,” Yerin still has not given up persuading SinB.

”If it won't be good tomorrow, why would it be good today? If you are willing, you can set some aside for me, I guess you are not.” 

SinB’s response strikes Yerin straight in the heart. She is sure the foods are delicious as she followed the recipe to the t, and she tasted them several times when she cooked them. Plus, Sowon also acknowledged that the foods are good. SinB is being really stubborn tonight that Yerin feels like giving up. But, she doesn't want to drag their fight for too long as it might interfere with SinB’s study and it is surely making her go insane. Not being able to see SinB’s smile, talk to SinB or touch SinB even for a day is a torture for Yerin, to face this for more than a day would actually cost her her sanity.

”So, do you still want to sleep at oppa’s tonight? You don't want to come home tonight?” Yerin asks softly at SinB after deciding not to pressure the girl from doing things she doesn't want to.

”Yes.” SinB answers without a change in her tone.

”Okay, then. Wait at oppa’s, I will come and bring the foods there. We will eat together and I keep you company while you study. I’ll leave when you are done studying and after you go to bed. Okay? Tell oppa I will bring her dinner too.” 

SinB did not respond immediately and Yerin waits patiently while praying the girl would say yes. While waiting, Yerin goes to the kitchen and starts to find the containers for the foods.

”No.” 

Yerin’s heart dropped upon hearing SinB’s short respond after a long pause. It was not the answer Yerin expected to hear and it is shocking to her that she couldn't say anything to rebuke or agree with SinB.

”Oppa, can you turn around and drive me home?” 

Then Yerin heard SinB asking Handyman Oppa to drive her home which the older woman answered with a ’yes’ without saying anything else. Yerin smiles happily.

”I’ll wait for you and we’ll have dinner together,” said Yerin happily to which SinB just responded with ’okay’ before hanging up the phone.

”Hahaha. Oh yes! She chooses me. In your face, oppa!” Yerin said to herself as she danced happily while setting up the table.

SinB arrives at the dorm with Handyman Oppa about fifteen minutes after she ended Yerin’s call. SinB immediately goes to her room and told Yerin that they can start eating first as she is going to shower.

”It’s okay, we'll wait. The others are not ready yet, they just got out of the shower.” Yerin said to SinB as she sends the girl to her room with her eyes.

”Oppa, what do you want to drink?” asks Yerin from the kitchen but there was no answer.

As it is strange that Handyman Oppa did not answer Yerin’s question even she had asked twice, Yerin goes to the living room where the oppa is. Yerin’s eyes widen as she finds Handyman Oppa has already fallen asleep lying on the couch with her face down, her left arm and leg are dangling from the couch. 

”You are one weird person...” Yerin said as she looks at the older woman’s strange sleeping position.

Yerin just let the older woman sleep and waits for the girls at the dining table. 

”Did oppa go back home already? She's not eating with us?” SinB asks Yerin as soon as she gets to the kitchen.

”She’s on the couch, sleeping,” Yerin said while pointing at the couch.

SinB kneel by the couch and Handyman Oppa’s hair gently, trying to wake her up. The older woman doesn't respond. SinB leans closer and calls the older woman’s name while her hair, but still no response from the oppa. She tries for the third time, only this time she shakes Handyman Oppa’s shoulder a bit while calling her name.

”Just let her sleep then. She told me she got a headache before we went home from shopping,” Eunha said to SinB as she ruffles Handyman Oppa’s hair.

SinB looks worried when she heard Eunha said that. She nods her head weakly and stands before following Eunha to the dining table. Everyone praises Yerin for cooking several delicious dishes and even bake some cupcakes. All six members of Gfriend eat their dinner while happily shares what they did today with one another. 

Yerin nervously waits for everyone to finish eating before getting the cupcakes she made this afternoon. She made a special cupcake for SinB to apologise to the girl, so she was looking forward to this moment. When everyone finished, Yerin gets up and goes to the kitchen counter to fetch the cupcakes that she already put on six plates. 

On one of the plate, after several failed trials, Yerin piped the word ’sorry’ using the icing that she used to decorate the cupcake. Then she put a piece of heart-shaped cake that she cut out from an extra cupcake between the letters ’i’ and ’u’. She carefully brings the special plate for SinB and hers to the table after she brought the other four plates and served them to Sowon, Eunha, Yuju and Umji.

SinB raises her eyebrows, turns to face Yerin and stares at her. Without saying anything, the girl picks up the fork and smudged the word sorry. Then, SinB jabbed a piece of the cupcake with the fork and shoved it in . Yerin who was been glancing at SinB just blinks her eyes rapidly in disbelief. She looks down at her own plate sadly, stares at the cupcake and slowly picks up the cake and eats it. The cake is actually soft and fluffy, but Yerin feels like she is chewing and swallowing a handful of rough, grainy sands. 

”Does this means she won’t forgive me?” Yerin said to herself as she eats her cupcakes slowly.

Yerin was actually thinking about putting the ring in the cupcake for SinB, but she discarded the idea. She doesn't want to just give the ring to SinB because the girl accidentally found out about it last night from Sowon’s big mouth. Yerin wanted to give it to her while proposing SinB to be her girlfriend, and surely she doesn't want to do it tonight with all the girls watching. Plus, SinB is preparing for her exam, she doesn’t want to bother her by adding something else for her to think about.

But, now, seeing the girl smudging the word she wrote on the plate making her regrets her decision. It would probably be better if she just give the ring to SinB and then profess her feelings and propose to SinB some other day. Yerin screams in her mind, frustrated with the situation. Yerin just lost her appetite. She stops eating the cupcake, lets out a sigh and just plays with it with her fork. Suddenly, her thigh is pinched by someone.

Yerin looks up and see SinB is looking at her with a serious face before smearing the icing on her nose. SinB smiles at the dumbfounded Yerin. After a few seconds, Yerin eventually figured out what SinB’s action meant and smiles brightly at her and pulls her into an embrace. She sneakily plants a quick peck on SinB’s jaw when she hugs the girl causing SinB to pinch her thigh. Yerin then lets go of SinB and rubs her thigh. 

“I promise you, I will give it to you after the exam,” Yerin whispers in SinB’s ears as she smears the icing on SinB’s cheek. 

Seeing SinB and Yerin are playing with the icing, the other girls also do the same. They were playing with the cream and laughing when a sudden loud thump startling them. Then another loud thump filled out the air before the sound of someone screaming in pain causing them to look at the couch in the living room.

”Oppa?!” SinB screams as she hurriedly goes to the living room, followed by the other girls.

They all laugh at Handyman Oppa who is now lying under the coffee table. As Handyman Oppa gets up from under the table, everyone stops laughing and they look at the older woman worriedly. Umji is the first to scream in terror follows by others screaming, panicking at the sight of Handyman Oppa’s face.

”Oppa, are you okay? Oppa, you are bleeding!” Sowon screams at Handyman Oppa who just stares at them blankly.

”Oh? I do?” Handyman Oppa asks calmly as she touches her head and looks at her fingers that are now covered with blood.

”Uhh, can I get a towel and do you have a first aid kit?” Handyman Oppa calmly asks the six panic, screaming girls.

”Umm...ummm... I don't know, I don't know. We don't! We don't!” Sowon screams at Handyman Oppa frantically, running around the house trying to find the first aid kit.

Yerin quickly goes to her room and gets a face towel. She gives the towel to Handyman Oppa who takes it and put it on her head. 

”I have one in my car, I’ll go and get it,” said Handyman Oppa as she gets up from the floor but SinB stopped her.

”I’ll get it.” SinB said as she picks up the car key on the table.

SinB pulls Umji’s hand and asks the girl to come with her to the car. Handyman Oppa stands up despite being scolded by Yerin and Eunha, stopping her from getting up.

”I need to wash the blood from my face, can I use your toilet?” Handyman Oppa said, staggering to the toilet without waiting for the girl's approval.

”Oppa, are you okay? I’m coming in,” Yerin screams and banging on the toilet’s door before coming in to find Handyman Oppa sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall.

”I called my friend to help me with the cut. Let me stay here. I’m bleeding and I don't want to scare them.” Handyman Oppa said weakly at Yerin who is kneeling in front of her.

****

”All good, don't worry girls. I have stitch her up. Oh, yes...can you let her crashes here tonight? The blood got into her eyes, so her vision is blurry. I don't want her driving in that condition.” 

All the girls nod their head at the beautiful woman who came fifteen minutes ago to help Handyman Oppa. She is one of Handyman Oppa’s friends, who is also a doctor. They were surprised when the doctor came and asked the oppa why didn't she stitch the cut herself, which Handyman Oppa replied by showing the woman her eye that are red, filled with blood. 

”Uh, have you eaten dinner? You don't look so good. And how on earth did you get a huge bump at the back of your head and a big cut near your eyes?” The doctor asks as she helped Handyman Oppa get on his feet.

”Not yet, I fell asleep when I got here. Fell from the couch and bumps my head on the floor, then knocked into the table.” Handyman Oppa said as she walks towards the living room.

”Oppa, you should eat something. I’ll get the food for you. Seonsaengnim, would you like something to eat too?” SinB said as she takes Handyman Oppa’s hand and leads her to the dining table. 

”Oh, sure. Thank you.” The doctor said smiling brightly, as she follows SinB and Handyman Oppa to the kitchen.

”Seonsaengnim, thank you for helping oppa out, we don't know what to do. We were just screaming in panic when we saw the blood,” said Eunha to the doctor who just shakes her head and laughs, causing all six girls to stare at her.

”I’m sorry, I'm not laughing at you. It's this person. She always got hurt in a funny way. Fell from a stool, tripped over her own foot, and now fell from the couch and bumped her head to the table. Hahaha. And don't worry too much, she is a surgeon, she knows what to do. Normally she would stitch the cut herself but I guess she can't because of her blurry vision. By the way, I am a big fan of Gfriend. Do you think I can get an autograph from you girls?” The woman asks cutely.

The girls just nod their heads and say okay to the doctor’s request. The doctor takes out a piece of paper and a pen from her doctor’s bag, handing them to Sowon who is standing next to her. Sowon absent-mindedly takes the paper and signs it before passing it to her other members who also do the same. The doctor’s casual behaviour still dumbfounded them as they are all worried about Handyman Oppa who doesn't look like she is fully awake.

”SinB-ssi, you don't have to feed her. She can do that herself. She is not badly injured...” The doctor said just as SinB was about to feed Handyman Oppa.

”Aahh why??” said Handyman Oppa at the woman, protesting.

”I want SinB to feed me,” Handyman Oppa pouts and said to SinB cutely.

”Yah! Stop being a baby, and eat on your own! You are embarrassing all the doctors in in the world.” The woman yelled at Handyman Oppa, sticking out her tongue at the woman who just frowned as a response.

Handyman Oppa picks up her chopsticks reluctantly and smiles at SinB while mouthed ’it’s okay’ to the girl. 

”Takes this iron tablet, just in case. You lost quite a lot of blood just now, we don't want to scare the girls.” The doctor said as she hands Handyman Oppa a small mud-coloured tablet.

Handyman Oppa takes it and swallows it with a gulp of water. She leans back and just listens to her friend talking to the girls. Like a typical fan, the doctor praises the girls for their wonderful singing and dancing, Yerin’s cooking and shares her memories of going to Gfriend’s shows and how much she enjoyed them. 

”Wake up, let me help you to the couch,” 

Handyman Oppa opens her eyes slightly when she heard her friend’s voice. She gets up and gets to the couch with the woman’s help. Handyman Oppa lies down on the couch and continues sleeping without saying anything to the woman.

”Just let her rest tonight, she should be okay tomorrow. Don't worry, if anything happens just call me.” The doctor said to SinB who is sitting at the edge of the couch looking at Handyman Oppa concernedly.

Yerin, Eunha and Sowon walk the doctor to the door and see her out. Then they go to the living room where the other three girls are. SinB is sitting on the couch, by the sleeping oppa while Yuju and Umji are sitting on the other couch.

”Let’s go to bed too. We'll let oppa sleep here.” Yerin suggested and extends her hands at SinB, trying to help stands.

SinB just shakes her head at Yerin.

”You guys can go to bed first. I’ll stay with oppa for a while, in case she gets up or needs something. Unnie, I’ll go to bed later.” SinB said as she gently Handyman Oppa’s hair.

Yerin nods her head weakly and reluctantly walks towards her room together with Sowon, Yuju and Umji. Eunha was following them but stops by the couch and kisses Handyman Oppa’s forehead gently before she goes to her room. Yerin glances over at the couch just before she gets into her room only to see SinB laying her head on Handyman Oppa’s chest and hugging the older woman. Yerin sighs and dissapears into her room with a mixed feeling of jealousy, concerned, sad and happy at the same time.

SinB looks at the sleeping Handyman Oppa concernedly. She her head gently so she doesn't wake the older woman up. Then she lays her head on the oppa’s chest and wraps her arm around the oppa's right forearm. After a few minutes, she felt a kiss on her head and gets up.

”Bi, you should get to bed. Your body is going to get sore if you stay like this.” Handyman Oppa smiles weakly at SinB while her hand.

”Let’s go, I’ll tuck you in.” Handyman Oppa said as she sits upright and extends her hand to SinB who just stares at her with teary eyes.

SinB looks at Handyman Oppa sadly, slowly frowned and she eventually cries. She throws herself at the older woman and smacks the older woman’s chest repeatedly.

”Don’t you dare do that to me ever again! Don't scare me like that,” SinB said in between her sobs.

Handyman Oppa wraps her arms around SinB’s body and pulls the girl closer. She kisses the top of SinB’s head as she apologises to her.

”Mianhae. I won’t do that again. I’m okay, don't cry. I’m here...” Handyman Oppa said in her cajoling voice as she SinB’s back, trying to calm the girl down.

After a few minutes, SinB stops crying. She wraps her arms around Handyman Oppa’s body and hugs the older woman back. This is her first time doing so. They stayed in each other's embrace for a few seconds before Handyman Oppa pulls away and looks at SinB.

”You should go to bed, it’s late. I’ll tuck you in. Come, let's go,” Handyman Oppa said and smiles at SinB before she gets up from the couch.

”Okay, come and sleep with me in the bed. I don't want you to sleep here and fall again,” said SinB sternly.

”I’ll try not to fall, okay? I’m not sure everyone will be thrilled if I sleep with you in your bed...” Handyman Oppa smiles bitterly at SinB.

SinB wanted to protest, but seeing Handyman Oppa is looking tired and sleepy, she just nods her head weakly and stands. The older woman walks her to her bed and even climbs the ladder to her bed to tuck her in. 

”Good night, Bi. Sleep tight, sweet dream of me. I love you,” Handyman Oppa whispers to SinB and kisses the girl's forehead.

”Oppa, promise me, don't fall.” SinB said in a pleading voice.

”I can't help but fall in love with you over and over again,” Handyman Oppa said as she smiles cheekily at SinB.

”Oppa!!!” SinB glares at Handyman Oppa and smacks the older woman’s hand.

”Okay, okay. I’ll try not to fall from the couch. But, I am going to keep falling in love with you. Now, close your eyes. Go to sleep. I love you, Bi,” Handyman Oppa said, ruffling the girl's hair and kisses her forehead once again.

”Me too,” SinB replied and smiles at the oppa.

Handyman Oppa leaves the girl's room gingerly, she sits on the couch and stares blankly at the ceiling. She decided that the best way to fulfil her promise to SinB is to sleep on the floor.  She pushes the table that gave her a cut a few hours ago away from the couch, and then she lay out the blanket on the floor between the couch and the table. Handyman Oppa lies down on the blanket and closes her eyes to sleep.