First meeting

Do you love me?

SinB choked up. Handyman Oppa excuse herself to wash her hand as soon as the foods arrived. But this is not what fazed her. It was when Handyman Oppa was walking towards the table, she folded her white shirt’s sleeves up to mid-arm exposing her muscular arms. 

SinB’s eyes are not the only one being glued to the view of Handyman Oppa walking with folded sleeve, Eunha, Yuju and Yerin are also captivated by it. Yerin just swallowed a big chunk of fish that she is still chewing. Yuju smiles automatically while Eunha quietly let out an ‘uhh’. All four girls were blushing when the person they are gawking stand at the end of the table asking them if she got something on her shirt. The girls just shook their head. 

Handyman Oppa wipes the spoon and the chopsticks before handing it to SinB. For the nth time, SinB’s heart rate racing through the roof. She shyly took the spoon and chopsticks and started to eat. From time to time, she would ask Handyman Oppa if she needs anything as the older woman was eating in silence. 

“Come, let me do it for you.” SinB was surprised when Handyman Oppa took the prawn that she has been trying so hard to peel and put it on a plate in front of her.

SinB just watched Handyman Oppa easily peels off the prawn. Within seconds, she transferred the prawn back to SinB’s plate. 

“Thank you oppa.” SinB smiles happily picking up the prawn and put it in .

”Come, let me peel it off for you.” Handyman Oppa then picks up three prawns from SinB’s bowl and continue peeling off the skins before put it back to the bowl.

Yerin was eyeing SinB and Handyman Oppa the whole time they were interacting over peeling the prawns. She didn’t realise that while eyeing them, the prawn on her plate was severely severed as she tried to peel off the skin while getting annoyed and jealous over the two of them.

”Yerin-ssi, can I help you with that?” Handyman  Oppa reach out her hand asking Yerin to pass the bowl with all her prawns to her.

”Umm... it’s okay. I can do it myself.” Yerin forced a smile and wave the severed prawn to the older girl.

”Oppa, can you do it for me, please??” Eunha asking Handyman Oppa in her cute voice while holding up her bowl full of prawns that she have been saving for last.

Handyman Oppa just smiles and nods her head.  After that, Yuju and Umji also asked for the older woman’s help who gladly helped them. Yerin finally give up and ask Handyman Oppa for help and was humming happily when she eat the prawn without much efforts. Sowon just shake her head a few times seeing how childish her members are. 

The older woman had finished eating when all six of them are still eating half of the food they ordered. She excused herself and goes to the sink to wash her hand. Then, she went to the cashier and pay before returning to the table where the girls are still eating and talking to each other.

“Can I put my arm on your chair?” Handyman Oppa ask SinB quietly as soon as she came back from washing her hand to which SinB just nodded as a response. 

Once again, her heart rate rises. At this rate, SinB might actually die tonight if her heart keeps pounding this hard. She could feel her knees are trembling and her breathing is unstable. Handyman Oppa’s right arm are rested on her chair’s backrest. It didn’t touch her body, but it’s so close that SinB felt like it’s hugging her. She was so nervous that she stops eating. SinB glances over to see if Handyman Oppa is doing anything but she is so relaxed, with her back lean against the chair talking to Sowon and Yerin unnie like nothing happened.

SinB had only met Handyman Oppa once during the shooting of the reality show. Handyman Oppa had a long sleeve tshirt on, so SinB never saw her arms. Seeing the oppa’s muscular arms  for the first time has already make her mind and heart went into a frenzy. Most girls, including SinB love when boys with muscular arm wear their shirt with folded sleeves up to their mid-arms.

Now, she could even see closely the sleeves are wrapping up Handyman Oppa’s muscular arm that is resting behind her on the chair’s backrest. SinB had always like someone with a muscular or well-built body just like this older woman she called oppa. Although SinB could not focus on the conversation between Sowon, Yerin and Handyman Oppa, she noticed the oppa likes to raise her arms and clasped her hand together then rested her hand on top of her head. Her arm was either rested on SinB’s chair or her hands would be rested on her head. And both positions exposed Handyman Oppa’s biceps and broad shoulder.

SinB surely loves the view, and she is not the only one as she saw the other girls except Sowon were eyeing those biceps one too many times when she raised her hand and rested it on her head. She was holding herself back from clinging onto the oppa’s arm. SinB even thought about unfolded her sleeves a few times to stop the other girls from gawking over her. She is not sure why she felt that way but, the word jealousy seems to fit.

Since this is the first time SinB and Handyman Oppa actually met after they’ve gotten close, SinB just realised that the older woman is a funny person. Although most of the time, she speaks in low tone and it seems a bit cold, she actually really fun to talk to. The words that came out of would either cracks you up or caused you to blush. She do likes it when Handyman Oppa said it to her, but it seems like she is sweet talking to everyone. It gets on her nerves when she did that especially when the girl would blushed and smile shyly. Tonight, because of Handyman Oppa, SinB probably worked out her heart muscles as it keeps pounding hard and her eye muscles as she keeps glaring and side staring the oppa.

‘The girls can eat. They really can eat.’ Handyman Oppa talks to herself in her mind as she sips her third glass of water while listening to her favourite girl group talking just about everything while chewing their food without stopping. She joins in the conversation but everything she said would caused them to laugh their hearts out especially Umji. The youngest of the six really likes to laugh.

Yerin also likes to laugh and she always joke around. Yerin usually join forces with her when she cracks a joke. The girl loves to eat. She is always smiling to her food as if they are on a date. Handyman Oppa just chuckled when she imagines the prawn is talking and laughing with Yerin.

She was suprised when Yerin suddenly touched her arm and squeeze it. “I have never touched a muscular person before.” Yerin said when Handyman Oppa look at her confused with what she was doing. 

Handyman Oppa just smile and say, “you can touch my shoulder and chest if you want to”. She then stands and extends her arm towards Yerin who actually take up her offer and begin to touch her hand and shoulder.

”Woahhh daebak! So oppa, do you workout all the time?” Yerin asked in awe.

”No, I just go to the gym two or three times a week. I am not a body builder, it’s just I’ve been working out since I was a teenager. I like to swim as well and it helped build the muscle around the shoulder and forearms.” Yerin listens with great interest and nodded her head a few times while squeezing the oppa’s arms and shoulder.

“Yah!!” Sowon yell at Yerin when she pointed her finger to Handyman Oppa’s abdomen asking her if she can touch it. Handyman Oppa just smile and tilt her body slightly forward towards Yerin. Sowon could only shook her head and cover her face with both hands embarrassed with her member’s behaviour.

“Um. Yeah, SinB told me you swim. I should join you one day.” Yerin smiles, satisfied with her accomplishment and sits back on her chair. She is now satisfied since she touched all of Handyman Oppa’s body even her abdomen that is also quite hard, just like her arms.

”Sure. Anytime. Just let me know.” Handyman Oppa chuckled seeing Yerin satisfied look. 

SinB who sits on Yerin’s left turn to face Yerin who is still smiling. With a frowning mouth, SinB said  “I don’t want you to...I can’t imagine you with all your muscles built up.”

Yerin looks at SinB’s frowning at her. She smiles and ruffled her hair which makes her pouts . 

“If my SinB doesn’t  like it, then I won’t do it.” Yerin smiles and pinch SinB’s nose which caused her to scream.

Handyman Oppa just watch the two bickering and spanking each other, hugging and then giggling. Somehow the water that she took a sip tasted  very bitter. She knew she is filled with jealousy right now, so she pretended to check her email just so she doesn’t have to watch the intimate interactions between SinB and Yerin. 

“Do you have to be somewhere else oppa?” Yuju who is sitting at the other end of the table asked Handyman Oppa who seemed very focus on her phone.

”Ahh. No,no. Just checking my email and my schedule for tomorrow. No meetings, no clients, just one class. That means I don’t have to wake up early tomorrow. I can watch the game tonight.” Handyman Oppa just grin at Yuju.

”Game?” Yuju asked.

”Soccer game...Football game. Not sure what did you guys called it here. The league started already.” Yuju just stare at the oldest woman at their table blankly.

”I guess you don’t watch that. Hahaha.” Handyman Oppa smiles while Yuju just shook her head and they both laugh.

”I would like to watch it and see if I am interested. But, I don’t know the game though...” Yuju said enthusiastically.

”We’ll watch it together. I’ll explain it to you. You just have to wait for the day when you don’t have any schedule though, the game is usually broadcast at night in Korea.” Yuju smiles broadly, clapping her hands in excitement.

From the corner of her eyes, Handyman Oppa could see that SinB is side staring her when she said to Yuju that they should watch the football game together. Although SinB didn’t say anything but she could feel that the girl is annoyed with what she just said. Handyman Oppa just ignore it and continue talking to Yuju,  Umji and Eunha as they shared their experience of watching football. None of them really understand the game although they have watched it before with their family. As Sowon doesn’t have an older brother, she had only watched a football game when she was really young during the 2002 Fifa World Cup where literally everyone in Korea watch as their national team was playing for the third place.

Sowon seems to be cautious around Handyman Oppa, unlike the younger members of Gfriend who already comfortable with the older woman. It is not because she doesn’t trust her but she usually takes a bit of time to get comfortable around people she just met.  

’I think I like this oppa. She’s funny. She’s smart. And she, oh I’m going to hate myself for saying this...but the way she treats people and SinB especially is very smooth, caring and loving that it makes your heart flutter and you couldn’t help but feel you are somewhat special. I should learn a thing or two from her. Well... I already have the skills to get her blushing and flustered sometimes, but I might lose the game if I’m going against this oppa...’ Yerin was lost in her own thoughts that she didn’t hear SinB was asking her something.

”Yerin unnie” Eunha who is sitting in front of her waves her hand in front of Yerin’s face causing her to flinch back.

”Ahh yes. Yes. Did you say something Eunha?” Yerin asked.

”Aing. Not me. SinB have been calling you for a while now. What are you dreaming about? SinB is right next to you.” Eunha winked at Yerin.

”Sorry, I spaced out. What were you saying SinB?” Yerin turn to her left to face SinB who is staring at her.

“Nothing. What were you thinking about?” SinB asked.

”Ahhh. Just tomorrow. The performance tomorrow.” Yerin answers without thinking.

”Ohh. You are going to be alright. Don’t worry too much unnie.” SinB squeezes Yerin’s shoulder and smile at her.

”Yeah unnie. You are great. Everything is going  to be okay.” Umji also assures Yerin while the Yuju and Sowon nodded their head agreeing with the youngest.

”Uhh oppa, you should come and watch our performance tomorrow. It’s going to be held in the evening, you can come after work.” 

In agreement with Eunha’s suggestion, all five girls nodded their head. Umji eagerly listed several reasons why Handyman Oppa should come to the event. 

“One, oppa as a fan of Gfriend should come to our event to see we perform live. Two, we’ve been practising for days and I am sure you’re going to enjoy our special performance. Three, you get to see SinB dance.” Umji listed the reasons and ends it with a playful wink that causes SinB to blush.

“I’ll try to come on time. Not sure if I can make it. But, I’ll be there.” Handyman Oppa raise her right arm and hand as a gesture of a promise.

******

SinB was the first to shower as soon as they got home. She has been laying down on the couch for ten minutes waiting for her Handyman Oppa to text her. When she got out from the bathroom, the older woman already texted her saying she has arrived and are going to shower. Now, she is waiting for Handyman Oppa. While waiting, she turn on the TV and keeps on switching the channel. She tried to find the game that Handyman Oppa wanted to watch but she couldn’t find it.

”Unnie, I can’t find the game oppa said she wanted to watch.” SinB said to Yerin who just came out of her room and hugs her from behind.

”Why? Do you want to watch it? You are going to be tired tomorrow if you watch the game tonight. I won’t allow you to watch it.” said Yerin loosening her grips on SinB.

SinB then holds Yerin’s arms to tighten the older girl’s loosened hugs. She looks up and just stare at Yerin who is avoiding her eyes.

Yerin is trying her best to avoid SinB’s eyes as she tried to hide her trembling cheeks. She noticed her cheeks are trembling as she was raging with jealousy and her eyes filled with tears as sadness appears at the same time. 

They stayed in the same position for a few minutes. They would have stayed there if it wasn’t because of SinB’s phone vibrating on the table causing Yerin to let go of SinB. Yerin was about to leave but SinB grabbed her hand and pull her closer they she almost fell on the couch. SinB scoots over to the middle of the couch and made a space for Yerin. She tapped the couch telling Yerin to sit which the older girl followed  without saying anything. 

SinB sits facing Yerin’s side. She look at Yerin with puppy eyes while her hand firmly wrapped around the older girl’s waist. Yerin just sit still looking straight at the TV in front of them.

“Are you angry at me? Don’t be, please? I am not going to watch it. I just wanted to record the game and watch it some other time. Let’s forget about it and go to bed, shall we?” SinB said, almost whispering to Yerin’s ear and give the older girl a peck on her cheek.

“How can I be angry at you, at this cute face. I just don’t want you to get tired.” Yerin turn around and rubbed the tip of her nose against SinB’s and pinch the younger girl’s cheeks. 

SinB is blushing but still manage to smile. They exchanged a smile before Yerin proceeds to take the remote control and switch the drama channel on the TV to the sports channel. SinB is still hugging Yerin while watching the TV screen as Yerin change the channel. 

“Which game did she say she is going to watch?” Yerin asked SinB who just shrugs her shoulder. 

Yerin just smile and shake her head a few times. She takes out her phone from her pocket and call Handyman Oppa.

”Hello. Oppa, which game are you going to watch tonight?” Yerin asked as soon as the other person on the line said hello to her.

”Why? The game is going to start at 2 a.m. It’s too late for you, you should get to bed.” 

“Oppa, you also should get to bed early too.”

”SinB?” 

“You are on speaker oppa. SinB is here too.” She asked me for help to find which channel and game are you going to watch...” Yerin explained and was cut by SinB saying “I’m going to record the game, so you can watch it some other time. So, get to bed early so you won’t missed our performance tomorrow.” 

Thankfully the company subscribe the full package of the satellite TV in their dorm. Yerin switch to one of the sports channel and choose the record option. Handyman Oppa said her good night to both Yerin and SinB before getting off the phone.