Texting is the new kind of dating?

Do you love me?

Ever since that night, SinB was always on her phone texting with Handyman Oppa. Whenever they are on a break in the middle of their packed schedules, or during practice, she would check her phone for new messages or send her oppa a message telling her what has she been doing. 

‘Are you still practicing?’ 

SinB always smiles whenever she sees that she had a new message when she checks her phone. The practice just ended and they are catching their breath after the dance practice. They are practicing for an event that will be held in two days. 

‘Just finished. Where are you? Still at the office?’ SinB replied the text message that she received about an hour ago. She glances the clock on the wall. It’s nearly seven, Handyman Oppa should be home already.

’In your heart.’

This is always the answer that Handyman Oppa will say whenever SinB asked her whereabouts. And every single time, her heart would still beats faster than before, her lips will curled into a sweet smile and her nose crunches. She always thinking what should she reply to her and she wanted to say something that would make her oppa flustered like she did as well.

’You are always there. Are you ever going to leave?’

SinB was satisfied with this question as she assumes that Handyman Oppa would be taken by surprise because she never said something like this before. SinB expected that she will take a while before replying, but after a few seconds she heard the ‘ting’ sound.

’No’. Ting. Just as she is reading the short message, she receives a new one.

’plus, you didn’t let me leave.’

SinB just set a trap for herself. Now, she is at a loss of words. She thought Handyman Oppa would be absolutely flabbergasted and wouldn’t know what to say. Instead, she replied her message within seconds after she sent it. And now, she was trapped by her words. 

Ting. New message. SinB tap on the new message from Handyman Oppa. ‘what are you going to have for dinner tonight?’

She always does this. She would say something that left SinB speechless and she would then say something else. And they will continue texting and then pause for a while because SinB would always choked up when she say something cheesy and romantic.

’Not sure what Sowon unnie going to cook tonight. Why? Do you want to have dinner with me?’ 

SinB was waiting for her oppa to reply but then Yerin was calling her from the other side of the practice room.

”SinB... you never play with me nowadays. Don’t you love me anymore? Tsk...Tsk...”

Seeing that Yerin was about to cry for real, SinB quickly get on her feet and runs towards Yerin. Usually Yerin will say that and pretend to cry but today, her eyes are teary and SinB really don’t like to see her that way.

”I will always love you, you silly.” SinB hugs Yerin and caresses her cheek lovingly before pinch it causing Yerin to scream and pout.

Yerin likes to pout and when she does, SinB always put her index and middle finger over her lips, or if they are eating, she will use the chopstick to do that. 

They decided to go out for dinner after they have fought for about fifteen minutes about who is going to cook dinner and what should they have for dinner. Although they are fighting, it feels good actually. They always became closer after they fight about trivial things like this. Sometimes they fought over who is going to do the dishes or fold the laundry. But, they always resolve the issue and face the same issues again.

After dinner, they went out for ice cream. SinB doesn’t feel like eating ice cream, so she asked Yerin if they can share. Yerin said yes and to make it easier for them to share, she bought the one in the cup instead of the usual ice cream cone she likes the most. She and Yerin is not the only pair sharing an ice cream, Sowon and Eunha unnie also sharing an ice cream. 

Unlike them, Eunha didn’t want to share because she really likes ice cream. Sowon unnie said that Eunha really should be dieting, so she asked her to share the ice cream. Yuju and Umji each get an ice cream but share with one another as they got different flavours. When they were waiting for their orders, Umji asked the members and their manager if she can do live video streaming. Everyone agreed and they started the live video after they got the ice cream.

SinB just remembered that she has not checked her messages for a few hours after ghe practice. Once she unlocked her phone, she saw that there are three new messages from Handyman Oppa.

The first one - ’would love to, only if you cook for me.’

Second - ‘enjoy your dinner and rest, you’ve worked hard today’

Third - ‘going out for a swim, wouldn’t be able to reply to your messages. I’ll reply as soon as I am finished’

SinB just read the messages and smile. 

“SinB yah, are you going to ask oppa to watch our live?” Umji asked while logging in the apps.

”She would not know about this thing. Plus she said she is out for a swim.” SinB said while eating the ice cream.

”Handyman Oppa swims?” Yerin who has been focusing on her ice cream suddenly take an interest when SinB mentions about swimming.

Yerin likes to swim. She used to go for a swim with her mother when she was little. She still likes swimming but her members don’t really likes it, so, she didn’t get to go swimming as much as she likes to. 

“Emm. I just found out about it too. She texted me about an hour ago.” SinB took out her phone and showed the message to Yerin who responded with nodding her head a few times.

”She workout out at the gym regularly too. You can join her if you like Yerin unnie. I know you like to work out too.” SinB suggested and again, Yerin nodded her head a few times without saying anything, keeping her sole focus on the ice cream.

Sowon has been thinking for few minutes about what SinB said about Handyman Oppa wouldn’t know about the live video apps. She then said, 

“What do you mean oppa wouldn’t know about the live apps? I know she is older than us, but she must’ve known about the apps...”

SinB bursts out laughing. She knows what Sowon was talking about. She also thought the same but she found out the truth when she first asked Handyman Oppa to follow the Gfriend official SNS accounts especially the instagram account. To her surprise, people living in this technological era, she doesn’t have an SNS account and are still confused with how instagram works.

”Unnie, oppa doesn’t even have an SNS account. She still doesn’t get how instagram works. She said she used to have a Facebook account but her friend set it up for her because her friend played a game on Facebook. Oppa deactivated her account a few years back and hasn’t been on any SNS account ever since.”

”Really?!!” All five of them said that in sync.

Then they all laugh. Not because of the fact about Handyman Oppa but because they all said the same thing at the same time. They can even harmonise to the word. Since they haven’t been doing live video for a while, they talked about a lot of things to the fan who watched the live video and answered as many questions as possible posted by their fans. It took so long that Yerin even get another ice cream.

They got back to their dorm around 11pm and everyone is exhausted. SinB and Yerin sit on the couch while waiting for their turn to use the bathroom. SinB put her head on Yerin’s shoulder and Yerin wrapped her arm around SinB’s waist, caressing the side of SinB’s body. Both of them smile, feeling contented. SinB wrapped her arms around Yerin’s body when she felt a light kiss on her head. 

SinB fell asleep in Yerin’s embrace while waiting for the bathroom. Then eventually Yerin also fell asleep. Although they looked tired, their beautiful face look peaceful and happy.

“Yerin, wake up. SinB wake up sweetie. You girls have to wash yourself and then go to bed.” Sowon gently shake Yerin’s shoulder and whispered. 

“Ouhh. Okay unnie.” Yerin opens her eyes and answered while whispering.

Sowon nodded and petted both Yerin and SinB’s head before she left them. Sowon as a leader, she always checks up the younger member before she goes to sleep. She will make sure that they go to bed early if they have schedule or practice the next day. Seeing Yerin and SinB’s happy faces when they sleep just now making her feel happy as well. 

Yerin gently lifted SinB’s head and lay her flat on the couch as she is sound asleep. She then go to the bathroom and cleans her face. When she went out of the bathroom, she glanced over the living room and see that SinB is still sleeping. Yerin then went to SinB’s room and takes her makeup removal and cleaning set. She filled up a bowl with water and put it on the chair that she had carefully placed near the couch where SinB is sleeping. 

With the slowest and gentle motion, Yerin lifted SinB’s head and place it on her lap while she sits on the couch. Yerin carefully wipes SinB’s face, cleaning it with the makeup remover, followed by wiping her face with a wet towel. She didn’t want to wake SinB up, so she just wipe her arms and legs that are not covered with clothes. It seems like SinB is really tired as she didn’t even move an inch while Yerin is wiping her face and arms. She did moves a bit probably it was tickling when Yerin wipes her feet. 

Yerin then noticed SinB’s phone is vibrating indicating she got a new message. Yerin and SinB knows the passcode for each other’s phone. So, Yerin unlocks the phone and see that the new message is from Handyman Oppa. There are two other message from her. Yerin opens the message.

’just got home from swimming’

’are you okay?’

’are you okay SinB? you should sleep early tonight. you must have been tired today. I’m going to bed, have an early meeting tomorrow. Good night, sleep tight, sweet dreams.’

Yerin read all three messages and thought ‘this oppa seems like she really care for SinB but she didn’t say much’. Yerin is contemplating on whether she should reply Handyman Oppa’s message or not. She then decided to send a message telling her that SinB is okay and is asleep.

’hi oppa, I’m Yerin. SinB is asleep just after we got home. Don’t worry, she is okay.’ 

Just a few seconds after she hit the send button, the phone buzzes indicating that there’s a new message. Yerin reads the message and was frowning her forehead, then smiles while nodding her head a few times.

’oh hi Yerin. thank you for letting me know. thank you for taking care of SinB. you should rest as well Yerin-ssi. you have worked hard today. good night, sleep tight, sweet dreams.’

Reading the message, Yerin now knows why she sometimes saw SinB smiling when she is texting Handyman Oppa. ‘I would’ve smile myself, no, I am smiling right now.’ With this thought, Yerin decided that she should befriends this oppa if she wanted to be the one who always make SinB smiles.

‘Thank you oppa. I copy your number from SinB’s phone. Can I text you and be your friend as well?’ Yerin texted Handyman Oppa from her phone.

’Sorry, I forgot to say. This is Yerin.’ Yerin just realised she didn’t mention her name in the last message, texted Handyman Oppa again.

’yes. I would be happy if you wanted to be friends with me. it’s already late, you should get a good night sleep, we can talk more tomorrow.’ Within seconds Handyman Oppa replied Yerin’s message.

’Okay. Thank you. And you never use capital letters when you typed your message, do you oppa?’

Yerin know that it is late and she is supposed to sleep not but she could not help but texted the older girl because was wondering why all the words are in small letters.

’ahh. yeah. no. i like small letters.’

Yerin still think it is weird but she just texted ‘okay’ and this was their last message. She put her phone in her pocket and turn to look at SinB. She was wondering whether she should just sleep here on the couch with SinB or to carry her to her bed. Yerin then decides that SinB’s body might ache if she sleeps on the couch, so she is going to carry her to her bed.

Thinking about SinB’s bed, the one on the upper tier of the bunk bed, Yerin’s knees immediately shaking. She thought of asking Sowon to use her bed which is also the one on the upper tier of their bunk bed, so Yerin went to her room first. Sowon was not there. She then went to to the younger girls’ room and saw that Sowon is sleeping in Eunha’s bed. Yerin just smiled and went to the living room where SinB is sound asleep. She carefully carried SinB to her room and lay her on Sowon’s bed. She tucks SinB in, moves a strand of SinB’s hair behind her ears and kiss her forehead. Just as she about to leave, SinB opens her eyes halfway and hold Yerin’s wrist.

”Sleep with me please.” 

Yerin just nodded and lay beside SinB. SinB then grabbed her hand and wrapped it around her waist and continue sleeping. Yerin gladly hugs SinB and kiss the nape of SinB’s head and close her sleepy eyes. 

*****

‘Oppa, I’m sorry I forgot to message you. Yerin unnie helped me to bed last night because I fell asleep as soon as we got home.’ SinB texted Handyman Oppa as soon as she finished getting ready.

SinB waited for Handyman Oppa’s reply but after a few minutes, she still hasn’t got any new message. She then texted her again, ‘wake up oppa, you said you have an early meeting’. Just as she waited for the older girl to reply, Umji called her name from the kitchen saying that the breakfast is ready. 

“Coming!” SinB quickly got down from her bed and goes to the kitchen where Umji, Eunha, Yuju are already sitting at the dining table while Sowon is at the sink washing her hand.

”Thank you for the food. Sowon unnie, aren’t you eating?” SinB asked the oldest girl in her group.

”I am, just washing my hands first.” Sowon answered while walking to the table.

Sowon walks to where Eunha is sitting. Eunha got up from her chair and let Sowon sits on the chair and then she sits on Sowon’s lap. This is a normal view of the dining table as there are only four chairs and they are too lazy to get the extra chair from the living room. Yerin was the last person to wake up and the last one to finish getting ready. She walks in the kitchen and SinB patted her lap a few times and calling her name. She sits on SinB’s lap and take a sip of the milk, then SinB feed her the scrambled eggs.

”Thank you for cleaning me up last night and carry me to bed. Thank you for sleeping with me last night. Saranghaeyo” SinB whispers in Yerin’s ear after she took a bite of the bread. 

SinB’s whipers immediately send a shivers down Yerin’s spine to which she just responded with my pleasure. They then continue to eat their breakfast while discussing what they are going to work on today during practice. After everyone finished eating their breakdast, they still have ten minutes before they have to leave, so everyone is gathering their things in their room. 

SinB checks her phone, no new message. It’s nearly 8am. She begins to worry that Handyman Oppa still hasn’t wake up while she has an early meeting. She knew that her ‘oppa’ doesn’t like to wakes up early in the morning. At this rate, she might missed her meeting that makes SinB decided to call Handyman Oppa. She has never called her oppa, they have always texting these past few weeks. They only talked the first time they met on the set of the reality show and hasn’t been ever since.

“Hey, wake up sleepyhead.” SinB said immediately after the other person picks up the phone without even saying hello.

”Emm. Five minutes please. Just five minutes.” 

SinB chuckled a little upon hearing the course voice begging for five minutes to which she said ‘okay’. She then hung up and with a smile gathers all her things and stuffs it all in her bag. After five minutes, she dialled her oppa’s number again and waited for her to pick up.

”It’s been five minutes already. You’re going to miss your meeting.” SinB said softly.

”It’s okay to do that, I think. I miss you though. Didn’t get to text you last night.” SinB’s cheek reddened when she hear the deep low tone’s voice of Handyman Oppa saying that she misses her. 

“Stop fooling around. Get up and get ready for work. I’m going off to work in a few minutes.” 

“Just five more minutes please...” Handyman Oppa is pleading on the other end of the line.

”No. It’s already five minutes now. Come on, get up and hit the shower. You don’t want to be late. Get up please... I can’t go to work thinking you might miss your meeting.” SinB is coaxing her oppa, who is eleven years older than her but still have problem waking up early.

”I don’t want to. They can have the meeting without me. Why do I have to? Can I just skip the meeting...” 

SinB smiled. She never knew this childish side of Handyman Oppa. Usually she is so cool and always send her a short message. Right now, she is like a five year old who’s begging her mother to let her skip school.

“You have to oppa. Say what, if you wakes up then I’m going to give you anything you want. Okay? But you have to wake up this instance and go get ready for your meeting. Deal?” 

“Okay. I’m up. I’m up. Okay, I’m getting a kiss from you, of course I’m getting up. You promise me just now. So, I’ll be waiting for your kiss. Careful when you are practicing, don’t forget to eat your lunch. I am getting a kiss. I am getting a kiss today... Oh yeah.” SinB bursts into laughter when she heard Handyman Oppa singging the last part of her sentence before she bid her goodbye. 

*****

That laughter...Yerin couldn’t help but feel like her heart being stabbed with a knife when she knew it was not meant for her and not because of her. Yerin let out a small sigh. She gathered all her energy, picked up her bag, forced a smile and left her room to join her other member in the living room.

”I’m going down first” Yerin just walks straight to the front door after she told Umji and Yuju who are sitting on the couch.

Yerin knew that the van is still on the way to pick them up for practice but it is unbearable for her to be her normal self right now when she just heard SinB’s talking on the phone and laughing cheerfully. Yerin let out a big sigh again knowing that she cannot do anything about it. It seems like all her energy has bern drained and she practically dragging her feet along the corridor to the lift.

She just stand against the building waiting for the van and her manager to arrive.

‘You have to get yourself together. You can do it Yerin!’

Yerin was talking to herself and slapping her own face a few times. Since she was closing her eyes while slapping her face, she didn’t see that SinB was walking towards her. She only realised it when someone grab her wrist stopping her from slapping herself. 

“Just why are you slapping your face Yerin-ssi?” Yerin opens her eyes and a pair of beautiful eyes are staring at her.

”Are you that sleepy that you have to slap your face repeatedly? Did you get to sleep last night? I’m sorry that you had to clean my makeup and wash me last night. Let me repay you for all your help last night.”

Yerin just stood there without saying anything. It’s not because she doesn’t have anything to say, but she can’t. She was chocked up as SinB is still holding her wrist and looking deep into her eyes. Yerin’s heart beats so fast that she could even hear it. 

“Hey. Are you okay? Could you please say something?” SinB waives her hand in front of Yerin’s face.

”Kisses. Lots of kisses.” Yerin pouted to SinB.

SinB’s cheeks changes colour from white to pinkish. Yerin keeps pouting waiting for SinB’s response. After a few seconds, Yerin comes to her senses and was cussing herself in pher mind because of what she said and currently doing. She immediately smile and look away from the beautiful girl who never fails to capture her heart. 

“Okay. But, unnie...I don’t think I can give it to you right now, right here.” SinB gently turns Yerin’s face to the right so they would face each other.

Yerin just nodded her head. They didn’t say anything as their van just pulled up in front of them. They hopped on the van and as usual they would start chatting mostly about what are their plans for the day and the comments that fans left on their SNS account. 

Everyone gave their best during the practice and since the performance are tomorrow, they finished their practice early today. Yerin was laying down on the floor of their practice room catching her breath after the practice. SinB then lifted her head and place it on her lap.

”Thank you for removing my makeup.” SinB smiled as she said thank you and kisses Yerin’s forehead.

”Thank you for washing my face.” SinB kisses Yerin’s right cheek.

”Thank you for washing my hands and legs.” SinB kisses Yerin’s left cheek.

”Thank you for carrying me to bed.” SinB hold Yerin’s hand up to her face and kisses each of her hand.

Yerin then opens up her eyes which she closed after the first kiss she got from SinB. Their eyes met and they both share a smile. Yerin mouthed a thank you to SinB and plays with SinB’s fingers. They stayed in the same position for a few minutes, just playing with each other’s fingers and hair. Both SinB and Yerin felt contented. 

“SinB, should we invite Handyman Oppa for dinner tonight?” Sowon looks at SinB and asked her while browsing through her phone looking for a restaurant that serves seafood. 

“I can ask her if she wanted to join us.” SinB answered and started to type a new text message.

”Uhh... and we can make her pay our dinner then.” Yerin suggested.

”You are so mean unnie. I hope she can join us.  Then we can invite her to come and watch us performing tomorrow. She said she’s a fan of Gfriend after all.” Umji responded to Yerin’s suggestion.

”Oppa said yes. She’ll meet us there. And she said yes to you to Yerin unnie.” 

Yerin’s was shocked hearing what SinB just said but then automatically grinned. Everyone burst into laughter as Yerin stands up and dance while rubbing her stomach, singing with joy. They begin to seriously looking for a place as SinB said Handyman Oppa asked them to text the address so she could go straight to the place from her office.

’are we finally going on a date?’ the message from Handyman Oppa making SinB’s lips curled into a smile.

’Are we even dating? We’ve never met.’ SinB’s smirked and chuckled a bit when she typed her reply to Handyman Oppa.

’I heard that texting is a new kind of dating. so yeah, I guess so?’

’Then you are dating too many women at a time, oppa. I don’t like it and I don’t approve of it.’ SinB bit her lower lip when she thinks about it. 

‘well...we are going out on a date tonight. it makes us special?’ 

‘What? You are not even denying it, oppa?!!!! Just how many women are there?’ SinB is getting furious with Handyman Oppa’s nonchalant replies.

’oh how i wish i could see your face right now. i think you look beautiful when you are raging with jealousy. i don’t think asking you for a picture right now would be a smart move?’

’You really are stupid for a professor, you know that. Sowon unnie have made a reservation at this seafood restaurant near our company’s building. Be there at 7pm.’ SinB intentionally left out the name of the restaurant as she was furious with her oppa’s reply of not denying her accusation and even have the guts to ask her for her picture.

SinB’s smirked when she reads Handyman Oppa’s message asking her where is the restaurant. As fast as lightning SinB typed her response and sends the message with a satisfied look.

‘You’re a professor. You can figure it out where the place is. Let’s see if you really want to meet me or you can be the only one dating. Not me though, but the other women you are texting. I’ll see you when I see you.’

‘okay. see you then. be careful.’ 

“Is that it?!” SinB screams in anger, shocking the Yuju and Eunha who are talking to each other near her. Both of them turned their head facing SinB and asked her why did she scream. SinB just shook her head and mouthed ‘nothing’.

Yerin heard SinB’s screaming from the outside of the practice room immediately goes to her. She wrapped her arms around SinB’s slender waist and rest her head on SinB’s right shoulder.

”Are you okay, baby?” asked Yerin while kissing SinB’s cheek.

”Emm. I’m okay. Sorry I didn’t mean to scream out loud.” SinB said while playing with Yerin’s short fingers.

”Ya!!! Why are you screaming? Did you lose again?” Sowon unnie yelled at SinB from the practice room’s door as she thinks SinB was screaming out of frustration from losing a game which she usually does. 

“Nothing unnie. Sorry.” 

SinB sounded so sad when she responded to Sowon making the older girl feel guilty. Sowon then approached the sad sounding girl and patted her hair.

”There, there. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you. Just don’t be too stressed out from playing video games. Unnie is sorry, okay?” Sowon then kissed SinB’s head while ruffling her hair. 

“Unnie...” SinB looked up and pouted her lips to Sowon who then pinch her cheeks and said “aigooo my baby” that causes both of them burst into laughter.

*****

The clock on the wall behind the counter of the seafood restaurant showed that it is 7.05pm. Sowon and Eunha, SinB and Yerin, Yuju and Umji are looking at the menu, flipping the pages trying to decide what are they going to order. While the the other girls are discussing what should they order, SinB doesn’t seem to take any interest in the discussion. 

“I’ll eat whatever you decides” Sowon said to Eunha in the most soft and loving voice anyone would ever hear from the leader of Gfriend. Eunha then nods her head and smile before turn to face Yuju and Umji who are sitting on her left and Yerin who is sitting across of her. 

“Did you gave oppa the name of the restaurant, SinB? Or did you shares the location with her?” asked Sowon looking straight at SinB who seems disinterested in the heated menu choosing/discussion.

“I told her we’ll be at a seafood restaurant near the company’s building.” 

SinB’s answer causes the heated menu choosing to halt. Five pairs of eyes are staring at SinB right now. 

“You didn’t tell her the name of the restaurant? Then how would she know where we are?” asked Yuju.

”Well...she’s a professor. She can find her way. I’m sure she knew how to use her phone.Well, after all she knows how to text people.” SinB answered with a hint of annoyance if someone would listen to her carefully.

All five pairs of eyes widened. Sowon just about to scold SinB but then stopped and smile to a person standing behind SinB.

”I’m sorry I didn’t get here in time. The florist had to arrange the flowers herself as her assistant just went for a break, so it took her quite a bit of time to finish all six bouquets. Did you girls order already? I have already told the waiter to prepare one of the dish for me without any alcohol in it on top of what you girls ordered.” 

Handyman Oppa explains her lateness while handing Sowon, Eunha, Yuju, Umji and Yerin a bouquet of flower for each of them. She softly caresses the side of SinB’s shoulder and handed her the flower but the younger girl didn’t take the flower. 

“Take a seat oppa. Did you arrived before us?” Sowon pointed to the vacant chair on SinB’s left. 

“Ahh. Yes. Just ten minutes before 7 and then I went to the florist next door to pick up the flowers for you girls.” Handyman Oppa sits on the chair and placed the flower on the table in front of SinB who just look at the flower without moving an inch of her muscle, including her facial muscles.

”You don’t drink alcohol, oppa? Not even in your food?” Sowon asked while waiving at one of the waitress that is already on standby to take their orders.

Sowon placed their order and was about to ask the waitress to prepare the food without any alcohol in it but was stopped by Handyman Oppa. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t take any alcohol in my drinks or foods. You can just eat yours as it is. Don’t worry about me.” Handyman Oppa smiles at Sowon and then turn around facing the waitress standing beside Sowon and said, “you can prepare those food as they are. Just add one small stew and prepare it without any alcohol. Thank you.”

Handyman Oppa nodded and smiled at the young waitress just before she left the table which caused SinB to sigh, not too loud for the waitress to hear as she left their table but definitely noticeable to the person sitting on her left.

Eunha then asked the oldest woman among them why did she gave them flowers. Handyman Oppa told them that she has been a fan of Gfriend for years and decided to give them flowers as this is her first time meeting them after the time they met on the reality show’s set.

”And you have a show tomorrow. I know it’s tomorrow but you girls are going to excel in your performance so I gave you flowers for that, but earlier.” All the girls in sync saying their thank you to Handyman Oppa except SinB who just sit still. 

The girls could feel a tension between SinB and Handyman Oppa. SinB didn’t even touch the flowers laying in front of her. They noticed that the older woman have been trying to talk to SinB but the younger girl didn’t even give her a chance to and just ignore all of her small attempts.

”Are you mad at me, SinB?” Handyman Oppa whispers to SinB’s ear as slow and soft as she can to make sure the other girls couldn’t hear them. She rest her arm on SinB’s chair’s back rest and move closer to her.

SinB turns to her left to face Handyman Oppa with annoyed expression. Her heart trembles a little because the oppa’s hand are somewhat close to wrapping her body (although it was on the chair, still), and her face is quite close to her that SinB could see her own reflection in the oppa’s eyes. But she managed to keep herself annoyed with Handyman Oppa and just stare at the woman who are not showing any sign of remorse or guilt. Handyman Oppa just look at SinB blankly without saying anything which makes SinB angrier and finally said what has been playing in her mind.

”You didn’t even try to deny that you’re texting with other women and ME. Now you’re giving flowers to other girls and ME. And you were smiling all sweet lovey dovey with the waitress just now. Am I mad at you? What do you think?” SinB clenched her teeth trying not too shout at the person who just sit still listening to her.

Handyman Oppa then slowly take a card in between the roses that has been laying on the table in front of SinB and give it to the still annoyed girl. She gestured to SinB to read what she has written on the card.

’i may have texted other people, but my mind is always thinking about you. my heart only longs for your text. it makes me happy seeing your text the last one before i sleep and the first when i wake up. oppa.’

SinB turns to face Handyman Oppa and this person who wrote these sweet words look into her eyes and mouthed ‘sorry’ to her. She could not say anything and she realised that her cheeks are burning and probably had changed into red colour because Handyman Oppa just shoot the most charming smile she ever saw. 

‘Are we dating? Is texting really a new kind of dating?’ SinB thought to herself.

Then the foods they ordered arrived, all the girls say their thank you for the food and began to enjoy it. However, the questions keep playing in SinB’s mind.

Both SinB and Handyman Oppa never said anything about their feelings, let alone the status of their relationship. They just started texting each other when Handyman Oppa asked her if her hands are okay after slapping her shoulder. Then, they just kept texting each other everyday when they had something interesting to tell one another. Coincidentally, they always have something to tell one another even if their day are packed with schedules or meetings. The word ‘like’ or ‘love’ have never been used in our text messages or one call SinB made this morning. So, what are we?