FOUR

EGOISM

Business Innovation lecture has started 30 minutes ago but this young man already had his mind some where else. The professor always made the students feel awkward with his crazy inventions and this time is no different. Not taking a bit care of the new product that the elder explains, Sehun leaned his head into the desk.

 

Every single words that Rae In told him the other night still lingered in his ears. He knew the fact that she never have boyfriend but what he didn’t expect is when she said she have no one else but only Sehun in her life. Without he even realized, a hint of smile already formed in his face. Could it be possible the he already planted some love towards his wife? He shook his head - denying the fact that he can’t even verify. It was too soon for him to admit it.

 

“Did Mr Oh right there has something to say about my explanation? Mind to share with your fellow classmates?” Holly crap. You are doomed Oh Sehun.

 

“Nothing Prof. I was thinking that it would be great for us, your students to do the amazing invention just like yours” He find some excuses.

 

It seems like the luck wasn’t in his side today when the professor suddenly used his excuse as the new task given for the students to be complete it. Sehun feel bad for his classmates but there’s nothing he can do. It wasn’t his fault for not paying attention when the class is too bored and he knows that the others was sleepy as well during the two hours lecture.

 

As a prove, Baekhyun who are in the same class with him was sleeping quietly even though the elder just in front of him. Thanks God that the class today ended earlier than expected so they can join the others for football practices. All of EXO members are in the college football team and once in a while they will have their practices. Just like this morning session.

 

Sehun is the captain of the team. Luckily the team coaches saw his talent and push him to do something that he is interested with. Besides EXO, football also one of his biggest reasons why he agreed to stay in SNU. If else, he probably has taken his feet off from the campus. This university was one of his family possessions and it gives too much attention that he hates from everyone.

 

Fairly, they were all recruited for the team based on their talent and not so surprise that they came with good looks packages where it has become one of the factor that the venue will fill up with mostly girls when they had a match. It was annoying for the male students as the girls will scream out EXO name every time but they can’t denied that these boys are best of the best for their college team.

 

“Hot news guys not news! Cheerleading team has new chick recruited!” Chen announced the news excitedly.

 

“Is she pretty Chen hyung?” Baekhyun seems to be interested.

 

Unlike s Sehun didn’t show any interest with the rumors at all. Whoever in the cheerleading team either she is pretty or not, he simply don’t care. None of the girls in the campus caught his eyes anyway. Well except for one person. On his way to the changing room, he saw the girl that been in his mind lately. She’s not as tall as he is but not that short too. Her pretty brown eyes with that plump lips are perfect with her pale face. She was thinner than before, one that he could noticed.

 

The fact that the girl walking into the same field caught him up. She absolutely hates sport and it’s weird enough for her to be here. Especially when the cheerleading team will have their practices session soon. Then slowly he realized that the girl that s told about is her. The new cheerleading girl is his wife, Jung Rae In.

 

“Fancy to see you here Rae In. So who are you going to support in our football team? Is it me? Or Baekhyun? Suho? Sehun?”

 

“Come on Kai. Go find someone else to messed with. My day is already fcked up enough ugh” Rae In replied.

 

“Stop being grumpy girl. I like your smile better” Sehun smirks and left with everyone.

 


 

It was indeed the worst day ever and the whole damn bullies situation at the class earlier morning was not how Rae In wanted to spend her day. Recap on what just happened today enough to make her annoyed. It was started with another threat letter that she got from the anonymous, again it was placed in the locker with the aim to scared her.

 

Following with the threats is another rumors about her being y. It was only nine in the morning and the rumors already spread wildly around the campus. She scoffed at them. Wondering how come they can freely talk about her own life. All those stupid fck not even dare to start a conversation with her but already spread rumors as if they had known for ages.

 

“That Rae In girl is purely evil. Gotta stay away from her. I heard that her mother cheated on her father before she died” One of the cheerleading girl started to gossipping around.

 

That was enough for her. Before the other party even realized what just happened, Rae In already grab her by hair and forcefully pull that girl to look into her eyes.

 

“Listen to me . You know nothing about me so shut the fck up!” She yelled.

 

Truthfully Rae In wasn’t that kind of girl who like to use violence especially to another girl. But she was triggered when that person started to said something bad about her late mother. The fight between Rae In and a group of girls are getting intense. Hair pulling everywhere and not to mention all the curse words that they have used. It is true when people said women in fight are scarier than man.

 

Thankfully it was solved with the help of their lecturer. Every actions must have the consequences. For her, that lecturer deemed her lack of social interaction and placed her to be in the cheerleading team. That the reason why she was there in the field early morning and met EXO, to register herself in that stupid over girly cheerleading team.

 

"Why did I have such a bad luck" Rae In sigh.

 

Discouraged and tired, the girl spend her remaining hours at the library. Being a sleepy person with busy life is the biggest issue for her. Even though she was too lazy she had to finish up her assignments and task. The clock shown that it is already 9PM but Rae In still stuck on the same word page on her MacBook. It wasn’t a good timing to do the Business Law case summary especially when her mind is telling her to just drop all of this and sleep.

 

Too bad that her dinner time was already passed and the sound of growling stomach just tell her how hungry she is right now. Make her way to the pantry of library, she thought that maybe a cup of hot chocolate will make her survive. Rae In was about to take a sip of her drink when suddenly she was bumped by the other person in pantry.

 

All her efforts in making the hot drink was in vein when her cup accidentally fell and spilled on the coffee table. Luckily it will be easier to clean up. She couldn’t help but to look at the person face who caused her this messed and she was taken aback when that person gave her a cold stares. Sehun was right about her, Min Ah that nerd girl is definitely had her screw off somewhere.

 

“Yah! What the hell is that for?” Rae In was pissed off but the psycho already left the pantry.

 

She keeps muttered to herself why she had a bad day today. Rae In was so moody, everyone that she met today caused her troubles and gave her headache. Having PMS on this day also make it worst. Text messages coming after a vibrate on her iPhone. It was Sehun asking her when will she get back home. Not long after she told where is, she received another text.

 

She pack her stuff into her bag and quickly make her way out off the library when Sehun said he is already there. She plan to stay longer but it was interrupted when he suddenly told her that he will be there to pick her and have dinner together. They went for a classic Italian foods and stood in front of the luxurious restaurant.

 

“Oh gosh Sehun what is the sudden occasion? Out of nowhere why did you choose this restaurant?” She asked him out of curiousity.

 

“Well I had to do this because you didn’t cook for me tonight! Come on, don’t you like it?” He nudged her arm.

 

She looks around and get closer to him, “This place is too fancy for me Sehun. Can we go to somewhere else?” 

 

A set of large Big Mac left untouched on the table. He didn’t feel like hungry anymore. Sehun grunts, eyebrows slightly furrowed when his wife start digging the fast food burger into . He sigh at her expressionless face. This girl seriously didn’t care about anything else except her foods right now.

 

She not even realized that her husband are slightly disappointed with his failed plan of getting a romantic dinner tonight. He already heard about the fight that happened at the campus today and he thought that bring her to a fancy restaurant for dinner is the least thing that he could do as her husband. But unfortunately Rae In is too dense to realize that Sehun is trying to cheer her up.

 

“Your fries are getting soggy Sehun. Eat faster so that we can leave. It’s cold right here” She prompted for a conversation.

 

“I already booked a table at the exclusive restaurant that will keep us warm but you insist to go to McDonald. Is it my fault?” Sehun purposely emphasized that word to let her know that he was mad.

 

“Come on big boy don’t be a baby. I’m sorry okay? We’ll go next time. For now let just eat this okay?” Rae In shove her burger to feed him.

 

His frowns are replaced with a smile when she gives that look to him. Sehun realized that this girl always surprise him with her charms. He amazed that she can still smile despite of her rough day. In fact during this six months of their marriage she never complained anything to him.

 

Unlike his previous ex girlfriends before she didn’t deemed any excessive attention or pity from him. It annoyed him when lately there are so many bad rumors about her. Most of students in the campus always said that she was a bad news but they didn’t know the real Rae In. He believes in her because of her true self and glad that he is the only person that discovered that.

 

The lights and sounds of the big city have always excited Rae In. She loves Seoul so much that she could never thinking about leaving this place. Taking a cold winter breeze, she spend her time at the balcony of their house. She was in debate whether to tell Sehun about the threats letters.

 

Too many question in her head. What is the sender motive? Why Sehun was mentioned? Whoever did this, that person must know something about her secret relationship. She didn’t do anything bad to others but people keep throwing to her. There are too many things for her to handle and she’s already tired with the game.

 

“Are you okay?” Sehun suddenly make an appearance.

 

“Yeah I’m cool. Not sleepy yet Sehun?” She smiles at him.

 

“Not yet. Hey Rae In--" He calls her again.  "If the cheerleading stuff was too hard for you I will try talk to lecturer to transfer you for another club. Those girls in the team are too y. They might do something bad to you later”

 

“It’s okay Sehun. I know that you are worried about the bully things but hey I got a football captain and his team behind my back right?”

 

“You know well that EXO will protect you but still....I don’t want you to get hurt. Just...be careful okay?”

 


 

The practice was about to start, but Rae In was far from excited. She will begin her first training in the cheerleading team today. Until now she still couldn’t believed it. Miss Yeo, the lecturer told her that it will help her to improve the social skills that she lacks of. Plus, she have the package to be a cheerleader - pretty face with long legs definitely fit into that role. Getting praised in front of everyone just strike another point for her to be dislike in the team. All damn girls surely faking their greetings while hidden behind their evil smirk in their ice breaking session.

 

Having their practices beside football team didn’t help much but to bring more embarrassment to her. The routines itself are too hard especially for the newbie like her. Just when she thought that her role will be just like holding a pompom, it was more beyond that. How she wish that she could turn back time and being flexible when she was kid. She keeps falling that her body are getting sore from all the stunts and backflip. Meanwhile her teammates surely had the best time of their life laughing their off seeing Rae In hurt.

 

“Hey look EXO oppa is coming to us! Kai oppa! I heard that you like bad woman because apparently I’m bad at everything”

 

Rae In almost die in her laughter when she heard that. She always thought that these bimbos are stupid but didn’t expect to be this lame. Bad at everything? They are just too young too dumb to realize.

 

“Yah why are laughing huh ugly? Just so you know you are nothing compare to us!” One of the bimbos spoke.

 

“Yeah sure Rae In was nothing compare to all of you. Because she is pretty and cool unlike you guys. Stupid bimbos! Oh one more thing, don’t oppa us you fake barbie. It is disgusting” It’s time for Baekhyun to spit the fire.

 

Walking down the stairs of changing room Rae In had no clue what her teammates would do to her. Thankfully she was fast enough to be the first one to arrived. She changed clothes, washed the sweat from her face and went back out. It seemed like the locker room was empty and quiet yet that chill still lingered. She put her clothes away, gathered her stuff and hurried to exit the place. There is no way that she want to meet her teammates now.

 

Just before she got to the door, Rae In was pulled back and then slammed against the lockers. All of a sudden, she was face to face with the girls. They were pissed, rage seething through their eyes and sending daggers to her soul. They pushed against the wall and kept slamming the girl against the lockers. All the while, they were yelling at her for embarrassing them in front of EXO, the popular guys that they lusted after.

 

“If you think that you are win, you are wrong Jung Rae In! We will make sure you pay for what you did!” The blonde yelled.

 

“Why did EXO backed you up ?! Is it because you have slept with each of them?!”

 

Pang!

 

One of her bullies who also the leader of squad didn’t expect that slap from Rae In. She was about to rage more but there’s nothing that she could do when the opponents are around six person battling with her alone. Another person took her hand to hold her while the others ripped her clothes until she was left with her inner top. Gathered her remains energy, Rae In took the chance to kick them. The girls loosened their grip on her and she used the chance to slip away, dashing up the stairs as fast as she could to escape the hell.

 

“He— Help me!” A phone call from Rae In enough to make Sehun panic.

 

Rae In are hugging her knees, trembling and shaking from the attack. She was scared. Everything from past suddenly haunted her. The memories from getting beaten by her father come across. Soon after that Sehun come in worried. With the help of EXO, they finally found her hide behind the big tree at the back of the field.

 

“Rae In! Oh my god what happened to you?!” Sehun was so relieved to saw her safe.

 

“Sehun—“

 

“Shh....baby....it’s fine. I’m here to protect you” He didn’t wait any longer before pulling her into his embrace.

 

Ehem. Sounds of someone clear his throat.

 

“Oh Sehun, Jung Rae In. Mind to explain what happened between you two?”

 

Sehun snapped at Suho question. Only to realized that he just slipped some words that definitely need a long explanation for EXO.

 

Later in the evening everyone gathered in his apartment. Sehun took a little time in her bedroom to take care of Rae In. Wearing his football jersey that he gave after her clothes been ripped off, she finally fell asleep. Saw her in this condition hurt him. He failed to protect her even though they are in the same place. In the same fcking field. His mind told him to beat all those bullies but he knows that Rae In doesn’t want him to be like that. But he couldn’t just stay still like that. He must do something for her and he needs the help EXO. But first, he got to explain the truth to them.

 

In the living room, the boys are more than curious about what just happened. Each of them just stay silent while signaling each other to talk to Sehun. They aware that this is not a good timing, considering Rae In condition. But they can’t help but to seek a truth from the youngest. Unable to hold it anymore, the beagle lines - Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen start ambush him with questions. He started reveal the truth one by one. It’s time to tell them everything about him and Rae In.

 

“So its mean that you have been married for six months?! What the actual f—-“ Kai shocked.

 

It was a moment of silent for awhile before they finally able to accept it. It was chaos when the boys started to ask him whether they love each other or not, how to they met, and some are just being ridiculous to ask if they ever had . Thankfully they took this news as a good thing and congratulates him.

 

Well Chanyeol  was mad at first because he didn’t invited to the wedding. Said that he want to be the one who received the flowers bouquet at the ceremony. They always like Rae In and to found out that one of their members are tied to her is more exciting. Baekhyun ramblings about his plan to go shopping with her while Xiumin already told Sehun to expect their regular visit to his apartment. 

 

“What’s your plan now Sehun? Since Rae In is legally your wife then you have to do something to protect her” Suho interrupted.

 

“I just found out that she even received threat letters but she hide it from me! I was so mad and whoever did this should be kill!”

 

Kyungsoo eyes are bigger than ever when he heard that from Sehun. They can’t blame him on that. They understand how mad he is when Rae In was hurt by them. But he should be more realistic. Kill him? Oh Sehun can’t even kill a cockroach! It wouldn’t be necessary to beat them back, only to make him same as the bullies. They need a proper plan.

 

“I’m going to get a revenge for Rae In! And you guys need to help me” Sehun firmly stated.

 

“Okay guys. It’s time for EXO operation!” Chanyeol is the first one to agree and later joined by everyone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I know it kind of absurd to have pantry in the library ㅜㅜ